39: Meal with Him.

Math Saved My Love Life!

 

I was back in Seoul, simply walking around. It was a sunny day for a January, but hey, thank goodness for the weather, right? I mean, it was warm in Mokpo, and I like the cold. It feels nice.

Now before you say anything, I know I should be studying. But right now, I’m just tired.

Why, you ask?

Mostly because every time I try to open my text book, in the back of my mind, I would hear Kyuhyun try to distract me because he was bored. And trust me; he tends to distract me a lot. Usually, out conversations would go like this:

“Alex! Let’s go somewhere!” Kyuhyun says.

“I don’t want to.” I grumble, trying to pay attention to my chemistry book. “I need to study.”

Kyuhyun would shake me by my shoulder, “Please?” he frowned.

“No.” I grumbled.

“Let’s go!”

“You just want me to bring Chae into this, don’t you?”

“You need a life, my dear.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Make me.”

And that conversation would continue until he would win.

That annoying idiot.

Currently, I want to kill myself for not taking this chance and study, but I needed fresh air. Plus, I don’t go out that much—well, without Kyuhyun—anymore. It’s nice to spend some alone time.

After walking around mindlessly in Seoul, I tried watching a movie—but like any movie, I get bored of it no matter how interesting the plot. Soon, I tried eating sweets, but then I felt guilty because of the weight I already gained over the holidays. After that, I went to the park, sitting on the swing.

My thoughts soon came back to Kyuhyun, and that night under the bridge. Yes, I know it’s stupid, but hear me out.

I’ve been trying to avoid the thought this entire time because of family, and just…Yeah, family, let’s just use that excuse.

Touching my lips, the scene played once again in my mind. We kissed. But who on earth started it?

Wait, that’s right, Kyuhyun.

If he wasn’t so darn seducing and sweet, then I never would’ve fallen for his charms!

Not to mention, he was hugging me and all that.

Che, shows you what men are really like, I swear.

You know what? I shouldn’t even be thinking about him! I’m dating someone, right? I’m no longer single, right?

“I hate life.” I whined, kicking my legs.

My phone vibrated, indicating a text. I got it out and smiled slightly at a text from Seunhyun.

“I’m in front of your ap. Complex! Come down”

My eyes stared at at the phone, “Hold on! I’m at the park.”

“What? Why?”

“I like going here…Anyways, give me a few minutes.”

“Just tell me which park, I’ll pick you up.”

“It’s near the apartment, but it’s fine, I’ll walk, I don’t want to waste your energy.”

“I’m almost there, be patient.”

I blinked for a moment. Just how fast can that guy run? I sat there for around 3 minutes before I heard my phone ring.

“Hello?” I ask, once I picked it up.

“Okay, see the black car with headlights? Get in it.”

Car? Wow, he must be rich or something. Or his parents bought him the car. I dunno, but rich. Like Kyuhyun.

I looked around and saw it. I rushed towards it and saw Seunghyun roll down the windows.

“Oh, Seunghyun, what’s with the sunglasses? It’s nighttime.”

“I just got home from work.” He says, taking them off, “It was sunny a few minutes ago, I was just lazy to take them off.”

I chuckled, “Alright, alright” I say, getting in the car.

The car was a whole lot more comfortable than Kyuhyun’s car.  The interior was simple, there wasn’t anything hanging on the rearview mirror, and there weren’t papers all around. It was nice and clean.

“Where’re we going?”

“Dinner.”

“Again, where’re we going?”

“Pierre” he simply says before he starts driving.

*****

“This place looks expensive.” I mutter, staring at the place.

Seunghyun ignored me and walked in. I looked around and followed him.

“Table for two.” He said, turning around to hold onto my wrist, pulling me closer to him.

“Reservation?”

“John.” Hyun said in a perfect English accent.

“John?” I blinked.

“This way then.” The man said, walking away.

Seunghyun and I were put in a room (expensive) and sat in mahogany wood (also expensive) and the seats were comfy (expensive).

“How often do you come here?”

He looked up from the menu, “Not very often.”

“Okay, thank goodness.” I took a deep breath.

“It’s be boring, I go to other restaurants.”

I paused, before asking again. “…Are they as expensive as this?”

He flipped a page in the menu, looking up at me then smiling, “Don’t worry, I make enough money to pay for this place.”

I slowly nod my head in understanding, “I see.” 

I opened the menu, but was alarmed at the price. Who on earth pays $30 for veal?

“Hyun, I don’t know what to order.” I blinked, “It’s all so..insanely expensive.”

He chuckled, “Alright.” He looked at the menu, “Is steak okay with you?”

“Yeah, sounds great.” I managed to smile.

***

The place was expensive. The place was beyond my words expensive. I can’t even…Just kill me now. It was just so expensive.

“Are you okay?” he asked, cutting his steak.

“I-I’m fine.” I bit my lip as I looked at the meal.

Let’s just say it’s small. Really really small. As in, how the hell did this cost $50 small.

Seunghyun started eating, I chewed on the asparagus at the side, staring at the meat.

Maybe I should start a conversation?

“Hyun, where do you work at, again?” I looked up at him.

“Entertainment company.” He smiled at me.

“Ahh…So, um…What do you do all day?”

“I told you, produce.”

“Okay then, how do you do it?” I ask, cutting the steak.

“Well, I just go to different companies and work there for a bit, and do whatever they tell me. That includes broadcast stations and so on. I see a lot of famous people everyday.”

“Ah.” I nodded, listening to him. “My brother used to be a celebrity, you know?”

“Oh really?”

“Mhm. But eh, he quit after a while.” I lied. “He didn’t like being famous, I guess.”

Seunghyun nodded, going back to eat his food.

“Hyun, can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Why do you…I mean, I’m flattered and all, but why do you want to…Date me? I mean, I don’t mean to sound rude or anything, I’m just curious since…Well, we barely know each other.”

He chuckled, “It’s fine, I don’t mind.” He then gazed at me with those huge eyes of his. “Because I find you interesting.”

“What?”

“It’s weird. But I find you interesting. You like all these old groups, and the younger, not so known group. But you don’t know the bigger groups, much less the faces that are around all the time.”

I bit my lip, “Well, I don’t have time to socialize nowadays, I’m busy at home, studying.”

He nodded, “I see. Well, that, and I find you attractive.”

I turned cherry red, “W-what?”

“You’re attractive.” He repeated.

“W-what do I do?” I muttered to myself.

***

I was at home, simply taking a nice, warm shower.

Seunghyun already left, and again, I was alone.

Thoughts overflowed my mind.

 “What the heck are you doing Alex?” I asked myself.

Honestly, I don’t know. I don’t know what I’m doing anymore. First of all, I said that I wouldn’t care for a relationship. That I’ll be at least 25 before I’m in a relationship. But what the heck just happened now?

I leaned my body against the wall, wanting to bang my head.

Seunghyun’s really, really sweet. Also, he actually has a job, and he’s a few years older than me. He’s good looking—in fact, handsome. Makes a bunch of money to afford a freaking $100 meal. Big eyes, handsome smile, has this weird aura that screams “y” about him and looks like a freaking model.

What’s there not to like about him?

Besides, he’s so much better than Kyuhyun.

I bit my lip, blushing, remembering that kiss with Kyu again.

“This isn’t fair.” I mutter, “It’s not fair at all.”

Finally, there’s a guy that likes me. That we just met not because of Chae, or for Chae—hell, he doesn’t even know who Chae is! But he just likes me.

A smile spread across my face.

What am I doing?

Seunghyun’s obviously the best choice.

Giving up on Kyuhyun is for the best. After all, he has no feelings for me.

It’s not like he’s going to ask me to be his girlfriend anytime soon, right?

That’s right Alex. Give up on Kyuhyun.

I took a deep breath and nodded, turning the water off.

Give up on him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if it seems rushed! But it's a fanfiction...So yeah.

Comment about how you want to kill Alex right now! :D