1-What One "F" Can lead To?

Math Saved My Love Life!

(Alex POV)


 

 

“This…This isn’t good at all.” I thought as I stared at my grades. “F” another “F” in calculus, I’m not even surprised anymore! Just, depressed! That means that I can’t get that $500 scholarship! Slumping in my chair, I stared at the only “F” in my grade. Everything else was an “A” while calculus was the only “F”.

“Alex,” I turned around and saw Chae walking towards me, “do you need coffee?” she asked me, taking a seat next to mine.

Shaking my head, I gave her a weak smile before turning my attention back to my computer, “It’s fine.”

I heard Chae sipping he coffee, “So…What were you looking at that made you so sad?” she questioned, peeking over at my laptop.

“Why do you say that I was sad after looking at something?”

“Because just now, you were whining in the middle of the library about an F.”

Pursing my lips, I felt my shoulders naturally fall down. Did I speak my thoughts out loud?

“So? Tell me what happened?”

“I have an F in math.” I muttered, embarrassed at that fact. I mean, as far as I have been on this earth, never once have I ever gotten an F—much less a B in my grades for more than 3 weeks! This stupid F has been here for 2 months ever since I started school already. Wonderful, isn’t it?

“Hm, fun.”

My brow rose, how could she say that? I mean, Chae’s known me ever since high school! She knows very well that I hate getting anything lower than a 90!

“I’m saying that because I have no idea what else to say.” She interjected. “Yes, you were saying your thoughts out loud again.”

I pouted my lips, wanting to bang my head against the stupid wall so much right now. “I can’t help it! Chae, it’s an F! How am I supposed to be successful in life if I have F’s?”

“Or, or!” Chae started, “You can learn to let loose and have fun in life for once!”

“Urgh, Chae! You’re not helping!”

“It’s not my fault you have no life!”

“I do too have a life!”

“When was the last time you went out to have fun? As in amusement park, or just walking around with friends for no apparent reason! And no, anime cons do not count.”

“That does too! Henry would agree with me!”

“That’s because you forced him to go with you wearing some yellow mouse costume!”

“IT WAS PIKACHU AND HE HAD THE CHEEKS! I couldn’t help it!”

“Alex! The poor guy just got out of high school, and yet you still treat him like your little dress up doll!”

“We’re family, we do that.” I shrugged. I knew Chae was shaking her head, but I didn’t care. “Anywho, main point is, Chae, you’re good with people right?”

“..Yes? Why?”

“Can you help me find a good math tutor?”

Chae stared at me, thought for a moment before clapping her hands, surprising me in the process. “Well…I guess…”

My brow went up, “Really?”

She slowly nodded, “I heard he won the Math Olympiad in his senior year of high school.”

 I grabbed Chae’s shoulders, “Please make him agree to help me in my math!” I begged.

“Aish! Alex!” Chae complained, “I’m Chaenne Nicolette Kim! I can do a whole lot of things to make him agree!” she winked.

I sighed, “That doesn’t sound like the innocent Chae I know anymore…” I grumbled.

She stood up, “My science class is starting in 10 minutes! See you!” she waved before leaving.

I waved back at her, and continued on with my projects. Wait a second, what did she mean by “I can do a whole lot of things to make him agree,”? Is Chae planning—no, Alex, you can’t do that. She’s that innocent chubby dweeb that you met in Art 1 in your freshmen year. Although…She has lost a whole lot of weight ever since freshmen year and she’s gotten a whole lot prettier since we got into college. Not to mention that she’s labeled as one of the hottest girls on campus.

I shook my head from those thoughts. “Pay attention to homework.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

This is a really LONG chapter! ROFL JK! It's such short chapter, but hey! It's only Chapter 1! ^^ The future chapters will be longer! :D