Qi

She and He

 

"This is cool. " Amber was amazed with the longboard and ran her hand through its side. Kris saw Amber look through the stuff and kept his silence. You just keep on surprising me, Amber.  Amber spun the wheel of a board and looked around the shop more. Kris just watched Amber. Amber's outfit, hairstyle, they way she fixes her hair, when she puts on a cap-  All of Amber.

"Come here, bro. And quit staring." Amber caught Kris' eyes on her again through the reflection when she wore a cap.

"You think this is okay?" Amber fixed her 'side burns' and let Kris check out the look.

"It's cool. But are you sure? For you?" Kris said as he checked out the sign- 'men's ' avoiding any offensive move. Just like in any store, a sales man stood between them and stared at Amber.

"If you like, there is a ladies' section. We have designs that will...suit you." The salesman spoke up and raised his arm showing  the other section. The salesman looked up and down until finally Amber took of the cap checking the tag. Slowly she placed it down and looked elsewhere.

"You know, the cap you chose is cool. I wasn't kidding" Kris went to Amber just to support , damn, I wish that stupid salesman didn't offend her .

Kris was afraid Amber got offended, he was careful not to make a criticizing statement and now was worried when she went out of the shop - too silent.

"Yeah it is. " Amber said numbly, and looked at the distance.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry if I said anything wrong. That salesman should've kept his mouth shut" Kris started looking at her face only for Amber to turn away from him.

"It was too much. I couldn't--"  Amber started with her voice cracking a bit. This was it, Kris wasn't even the one who said anything to offend her right? Kris thought about it,  I don't even know he? she? -Amber well. It's all confusing with the way she is.

"It's too much for a cap. Fifty-nine thousand Korean won just for that cap? I could've bought good food instead!" Amber said with a complaining tone and let out a heavy sigh.

"Let's get going?" Amber didn't even look at Kris and started walking the same direaction they headed towards earlier. Kris felt like punching himself on the face after hearing what Amber just said. He looked like a fool. He felt like a fool. It was unlikely of him to even soften up as much like earlier.

The two kept walking and walking but really had no place in mind. It started getting dark and cold and thought of staying close to a well lit shop.

"They left us?" Amber asked, putting her hood on as usual

"They forgot about us. They didn't even look for us. " Kris said after seeing that his phone received no messages whatsoever.

"Drama queen. "Amber waved of his comments and entered a restaurant.

"You always do that. But I'm not sure if I'm the only one." Kris stated his observations unlike the last time when Amber noticed it as well.  The waitress took away Amber's attention but looked at Kris as soon as Amber looked through the menu for good food. Kris didn't even want to what the waitress wanted, aside from his order and kept his eyes only on Amber.

"What?" Amber said after she got their orders listed.

"You leave me a lot." Kris said coldly and leaning back on his chair. His tone was different, as if he's leaving a different meaning.

"Actually, you're not the only one. I know I'm not supposed to but I separate from the other girls sometimes. " Amber covered while speaking and let another forkful of lasagna in. Kris stopped listening getting caught into Amber's action. Amber was silently downing her lasagna so fast. How many time do you see the kind of person like Amber eat food faster than a guy?

"You done? " Kris just had to ask after he took one last bite of his pizza. Amber on the other hand rushed to drink her water and stood to pay. Kris only followed her, taking out his wallet as well. Unexpectedly Kris patted Amber's back,

"Take it easy, it's my treat tonight. " Kris said and asked for the bill. Amber nodded and said her thanks.

"We should take the train, are you familiar with the stops?" Amber said and started walking towards the station.

"Yeah, I guess" Kris nodded and trailed behind her. Amber tried repaying what Kris did in the restaurant and bought him a ticket.

Kris was new to the place and had to put up his own hood to hide. Although it was getting late, there were still people who might be able to recognize them.  Casually, Amber sat and checked her phone.

"Aren't you going to hide yourself? Now would be a good time to hide your face like you usaully do." Kris said but getting no reply with the busy Amber. He waited but still, Amber had her eyes glued on her phone.  Instead of getting annoyed, Kris let his body face Amber and pulled the hood from behind Amber.

"Eh?" Amber looked up to see Kris so close. Amber froze in place with no option but to see Kris face close to her own, she felt the shadow of her hood hover her eyes followed by Kris' fingertips brushing her bangs to the side.

"Don't forget, you have to hide. There are so many things that can happen in places like this." Kris said and leaned against his chair.

 

With blood rushing fast, Amber's motion quickened as well. Once she saw the train walk fast, she stood and moved close to the line. From the number of people inside, it's possible that people will literally gush out. Kris stood right before the train's door slid open getting close to Amber. He pulled Amber's arm before she could take another step and bump herself into the miniature stampede, pinning her to the glass wall that covered the rest of the railway. Kris' body hovered over Amber's protecting her from the people that pushed passed Kris

"You should wait for your turn to enter. You almost got hit by the guy rushing out, you know?" Kris said, mad for Amber's irrational state. Amber only nodded and let her hand rest on Kris' stomach.

"We should get in before the train leaves us " Amber said without averting her eyes from the tall boy.  Kris eyes widened in reaction to the scene they were both in.  He let his hands fall from Amber's arm and let her walk in the train first.

 

 

 

Author's Note/ Bonus:

Such a duck face. =))

credits to whoever uploaded the photo! <3