Er shi er

She and He

 

"Should we just go out? The bar doesn't suite us anymore." Amber suggested the sad truth. The club wasn't even helping them. They headed for the staircase that lead to the door. The guy who tried to hit on Amber managed to watch Kris take her away.

"That's what beauty can do. " Amber pushed the door for them to get out of the uncomfortable scene. Kris being watched whether Amber was drunk or not, as for himself, he had high tolerance.

The highway is more clear than the rush it was in this afternoon. Lights only came from passing cars, the posts, and the big moon. the bricked side walk of the area never being a friend to a lady in heels, not even a man walking in the dark. They were stuck with a city that was awake eating Kimchi, at least they were stuck together.

"Amber, I think that wasn't beauty that guy was after. Not all guys are decent nor are they always after beauty" Paces were slow, but Kris' heart was not. His lips formed into a flat line, unsure where this conversation could lead. Just hold it in. A bit more. Don't say anything stupid.

" You tell me what they want. Cause clearly I am not a man, who knows what goes on with them. " Amber said making it obvious that SHE was, She.

" Most guys, with dirty minds would go for beauty and body. You know what I mean?"

"Then there are those who ask for nothing more than what the person they love can be. They're satisfied." Kris thought of his friends he knew was like that. They were the ones who didn't look at other girls.

"Then what are you after?" Amber blurted out and received an answer in the same manner

"You."

Amber tripped, her eyes wide in shock, body kissing the floor.

"Amber! " Kris bent down to help her. Common sense, guy instincts, whatever you call it shot through his system.

"You okay? Watch were you're going. Where does it hurt?" Kris surveyed her eyes as soon as he heard Amber squirm in pain. Kris  checked on legs . No, not the her legs. Heels, Kris, HEELS. Kris unstrapped the heels off of Amber's feet, setting them aside. It wasn't the time to be hygienic when touching Amber's feet. She was in pain for goodness sake. He rotated her feet, massaged the ankle, and heard her squirm once again.

"Don't! I'm fine. I'm not drunk or in pain. I can get up see- " Amber shifted her weight, away from Kris wobbled. One, two , three steps and Amber fell sidewards unable to catch her balance. In time, Kris held on to Amber's waist to keep her upright.

"Amber, don't force it. I'm not dumb to realize you're hurt. Get on my back." Amber's face focused on the back that suddenly faced her. Obediently, no objections made, she wrapped her arms around Kris' neck, feeling her feet leaving the ground as she was lifted by the tall boy.

Kris had his hands behind Amber's knees. Why is life like this? Kris breathed thinking of how he is able to manage the extra weight that was on him but unable to control his feelings.

Warmth spread over. The shots may have boiled , frying her brain but that was only up to a while ago. Amber was wide awake, conscious of her surroundings. Conscious enough to feel her own heart beat fast. "Is this how you make people fall?

"Why, did you fall?" Kris looked to his side. Of all the times, I can't see her expression?

" I tripped, didn't I?"The pun was good. At this rate though, Kris wasn't up to joke with Amber. His feelings were serious. Kris walked towards a bench. He can't take having the conversation that way.

"Amber, in what sense is that supposed to be. " Kris walked towards a bench. He can't take having the conservation the way it is now.

"What a way to use a pun. The perfect hide out for meanings." Amber looked away with uncertainty

Kris spoke, "I'm serious. Maybe I was dropping hints before  but this is me saying, ' I hope you won't play with my... feelings'  Now it's published worldwide. "

"Kris, You think I'm that kind of person? You think I'll play with your feelings?" Soft breathes were taken in. Tones rising.

" Well, to be honest, I didn't know I'd feel this way but apparently, here I am. Feeling like my soul is up in the air! I'm just here with a bottomline that's dead serious about things."  Kris explained.

" You think I don't know how that feels? All the more I won't. Kris, you obviously don't know me, you don't know what I can do when I -" Amber was cut off by Kris, frantic voice taking over

"When you what? Prove it to -" Kris didn't have the time to finish, no time for his thoughts to register. Amber pulled on Kris' coat, leading his face, meeting him for her lips to touch his cheek. The situation called on for feelings to flow and it did. Amber let her heart take over, a brave move for her to kiss Kris on the cheek. Her fingers trailing from the coat to his chin, to his flushed cheeks only to keep him there. On the other hand, Kris relaxed after the action of surprise took but place, his hands slid up to Amber's face. Mouths so close until Amber leaned her forehead before things pressed.

I 'm not ready

Slowly, his eyes opened and pulled away as Amber did the same. Their hands still holding each other's face close. Breathing slow and easy.

" I won't play. I don't play. I can manage to have feelings like that." Amber whispered the words, meaning for only Kris to hear, to be only for Kris.

 

 

 

*****

Author's Note: You know, I may not regret writing it on paper first but it is hard as hell to write 5000 words and typing it all over again to post it online. Haha, I hope my work pays off :(

The second reason why I've been updating so late is because I cannot decide on how this will go. I mean at the end of a certain chapter it asks me if they should talk an argument out or just MAKE out.

Love my dear readers is harder than we all expect it to be. Pardon my acceleration at work as it imitates snail mail. 

-Na'V