Shi

She and He

 

"CAN YOU NOT GET ANY LOUDER?" Kris practically shouted the moment the door closed behind him. His voice was loud enough for a few people to look his way.

"Hyung, you're not denying it? Oh my god." Chanyeol reacted that even caught Sehun's reaction.

"Noona? Oh. Wait. If they are g-... are they called 'noona'?"Sehun finally wondered aloud asking probably the whole room.

"I'm not sure on that one..." Xiumin told Sehun even if it didn't quite help.

Kris on the other hand felt like dying of embarrassment. While the other boys walked inside the room, Kris only reserved a seat between Kai and Xiumin then walked back towards the door. Slowly and silently, he opened the door for him to peek outside.

Amber was still talking to the guy Kris never saw or met. Who was Kris anyway? He was simply one out of the twelve boys of EXO, one out of the four Chinese members. As a trainee he didn't have time to mingle with every guy ot research on the idols of South Korea. No way was there a chance that he knew the guy talking to Amber.

Amber, on the other hand, was something else. The only Taiwanese-American in the group or even in the building. As an idol, obviously people knew Amber. The Amber that raps for the group. The Amber that dresses up like any other guy- sometimes even better. A person who keeps on trying to be low-profile in the streets of Seoul when really, Amber is too much to keep that profile. This Amber was someone Kris had a huge question mark on. And every time Kris looks at Amber, walks with Amber, talks with Amber -anything about Amber there's this one thing...

Is it really "she" ?

Kris only watched from a distance, at times glancing at the people behind him to see if he already started looking like an idiot. Surely they were busy with themselves, bring his attention back to what he was staring at. Before he could even find Amber again, the door that Kris was leaning on for support was pulled from outside. In an instant, Kris stumbled forward, towards the hallway which then made him see as to who was behind it.

"JQ sunbae!" Kris bowed with much respect to the hardworking SM member in front of him.

"Yes, how may I help you?" JQ responded to the shocked person, as if he even knew this tall boy's name.

"Ah... Are you our instructor today? I-I just need to go to the bathroom" Kris pointed to the other end of the hallway which led to the floors male bathroom. Kris nodded to make it look believable and soon he heard low giggles. Amber looked from behind JQ together with the boy from earlier. It turns out to be Minho of Shinee. Amber kept laughing at the situation while Minho kept his stare.

"You should get going. I thought you need to go to the bathroom? " JQ said honestly. At the comment, Amber stifled another laugh as Minho looked the other way to do the same.

Kris lost the air in his lungs for some reason. It was so horrifying that he had that situation in front of JQ , Minho, and Amber. Crap this always happens to me in front of Amber. Kris walked away, briskly towards the male bathroom. With sessions going on, he had the bathroom to himself. Kris washed his face with a splash of cold water.

could this day be anymore humiliating?

His reflection showed his white skin with a flush of pink. He combed his hair with the tip of his fingers giving it a slick finish. He walked back inhaling before he grabbed hold of the door knob.

"Glad you could finally join us, sir." JQ said as soon as he heard the door open guessing that it was the tall boy who needed the bathroom. Kris looked composed as soon as he made his way to the reserved seat.

"Great! So as I was saying, you have to listen to the beat of the song you're rapping for. With one wrong part in a rap, it sounds as if it's out of place. " JQ lectured

" It's not wrong, but you have to learn from it. You have to go with a flow and keep the rhythm. Remember With rhyme, comes the rhythm. " Kris took note  but his concentration broke when Kai bumped his knee with the younger one's own.

Instantly, Kris looked his way. With the lecture going on, Kai only moved his lips to get the message across.

Chanyeol. Chanyeol hyung.

Kris looked at Chanyeol to read the younger ones' lips.

You're really not going to deny it? You're ...gay ?

Kris read it Chanyeol's lips clearly but stayed frozen in his place. What brought him back was the person beside Chanyeol .  Amber saw that Kris was looking at Chanyeol's angle but was still sure that he'd look elsewhere. Like Amber's angle. Still, the lecture went on with only a few attention left for JQ. Amber looked at Kris and moved a hand to say hi, catching all of Kris attention. Kris didn't hesitate and smiled like earlier.

"Chanyeol-ssi, who are you talking to? " JQ asked suddenly since the young boy looked like he was going crazy. Kris and Amber started laughing, with Kris feeling sorry he left his team mate hanging in the air.

"Anyway, today is just a short lecture since the higher ups suggested we work on some of you individually. I'll give your managers and the other instructors the schedule. " JQ said as the trainees stood.  Kris stayed in his seat and pulled on Kai.

"You guys go on ahead. I'll take a few minutes with them. " Kris said and waited till JQ was left alone with the same people.

"JQ-sunbae?" Kris walked closer.

"Yes? You again. What's your name?" JQ asked looking away from his phone.

"Kris. My name is Kris. I'd like to apologize about earlier incident. " Kris said formally. Amber and Minho though, laughed as they watched JQ and Kris talk out.

"YAH. SHOW SOME RESPECT. I CAN DO THIS." JQ joked with Minho and Amber.

"I'm sorry? I don't really know what's going on..." Kris looked puzzled with what was happening. In fact since earlier, but come to think of it the scene earlier was really humiliating.

"These two made a bet. They talked about how I can't totally be strict like everybody else here in the building." JQ explained with Amber unhappy at how much of killjoy move that was.

"He's a good guy. Hyung helped me out, couldn't be successful without him." Minho praised the hyung who helped him long months back. Minho placed an arm around Amber's shoulders like really close friends and waited on what was next in JQ's schedule.

"I have to get going. They wanted to talk to me about your project" JQ said without looking up at Amber. Quickly, JQ hurried out of the room waving.

"It was nice meeting you Kris, I hope we get to work on your rapping soon. I heard you have a good voice." JQ said before he finally closed it.

 

 

*****

"We're heading out. You coming?" Amber said looking over Minho's arm that was on her shoulder. Kris didn't say anything just a warm smile forming on his lips, walking right beside Amber. Minho saw the smil on Kris' face then looked at Amber who was just between them. It was strange, Minho felt as if there was something going on, making him breaking the stares with his deep voice.

"You're one of the boys? The big group?" Minho said, starting the mini interview session.

"Yeah. Obviously taking the position of a rapper."Kris said the obvious like it makes a difference.

"Right, you're with Joon Myeon! But I haven't heard a lot about you..."

"Kris. That's his name. Kris who's Chinese, grew up in Canada. Speaks Mandarin.  Has a bit of trouble with Korean. Most likely a fan of JQ. Secretly observing people." Amber answered Minho without hesitation. Minho was surprised to hear all of it. Well she's attentive That's quite hard to get from Amber. Still, Minho kept his arm around Amber , continuing the conversation with Kris.

 

Kris couldn't answer decently with one thing, just one move from Minho. But when he heard Amber answer, his eyes grew wide in shock. Unexpected...Amber actually remembers all that?

"Oh? How did you meet this tough Amber." Minho asked but Kris thought of other things -the many things Minho is. Shinee member, the rapper, the face. A model. Close ties with JQ- that's a plus. Then of course the few possible things he is to Amber- from the looks, he's protective over Amber like-

"HOW COULD YOU FORGET!KRIS! Amber bumped Kris on the shoulder, startling the tall boy out of his own world.

"huh I am thinking of how we met! Where do I even start?" Kris joked and gave Amber a reassuring smile. How do you expect me to forget?  

"I was staring. I was just staring at Amber" Kris smiled at Minho finally saying when Kris first laid his eyes on Amber. Mino instantly raised an eyebrow.

"You're dead serious?" and you're this close to Amber? Minho thought  and saw that Kris nodded to assure him.

"I've got to give it to you hyung" Minho nodded removing his arm around Amber for a hand shake. The action left Kris confused and Amber surprised.

"'Hyung'?!" Amber couldn't believe Minho's choice of words.

"He's older than Joon Myeon, so I have to call him that." Minho ruffled Amber hair, and Amber looked at Kris who simply shrugged at her.

"This is me. I've got to get going." Minho declared as he stopped in front of a door where music played. Kris simply waved good-bye, waiting for Amber to do the same.

"Oh right. By Minho- dongsaeng" Amber said and turned towards Minho, giving him a hug. Kris' eyes grew wide in shock, making Minho, who saw his expression, laugh.

"Relax hyung. You're all good." Minho slowly pulled away from their hug.

"What?" Kris got confused, watching Minho enter the room.

"I'll explain some other time. Take care of Amber!" Minho said as he closed the door.

"What was that about?" Amber looked at Kris, confused as ever.

"Nothing, bro. Let's get going." Kris  smiled at Amber letting the feeling stay. Kris, as if it was instinct that struck, let his arm draoe around Amber's shoulders like what Minho did earlier

 

I will take care of Amber.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: Thank you to those who subscribed and commented. I hope to see more action from you guys by commenting... 

...It also doesn't hurt to subscirbe <3

Kris says hi!