ShiJiu

She and He

 

It was all too quick. It was all too shallow.

But Kris wasn't too stupid not to do what he was doing.

 

"I'm sorry. Someone important told me they need me. I have to go. " Kris took out his cash and slammed the big bill towards Ji Hye, causing her shoulders to jerk up in shock.

"I can come with you. I'm done." Ji Hye started picking up her things but it was too rushed.

"Please pay for the bill, I got to run. " Kris said the point why he gave her cash, and running out of the restaurant not even knowing where to go, happy he lied and left. Kris was so desperate, he came up to a by stander.

"Excuse me, which way to the train station?"

 

 

 

Amber was brisk walking despite the almost full stomach.

The wind was strong and blew her hair.

"Stupid hair. " Amber pushed her hair back in between her head and hood, annoyed with the hair that kept covering her face. She crossed the street willingly even with the pedestrian light showing a red hand for 'Stop'.

"YAH ARE YOU BLIND?!" The traffic enforcer shouted behind her.  That added to the frustration, adding up the anger she had inside. Instead first instinct of screaming back her answer, she gripped on her bag.

You cannot show your face or make a scene. Keep walking. Amber controlled herself from doing any violent actions, keeping her almost-out coolness.

"Stupid. Enforcer. " Amber whispered to herself, which was no use.

He's also stupid. Why the hell would they be doing that to me too? What the hell was that for? To the underworld with her flirting. Her see through v neck. Who even wears that to a date? I hope Kris buys her a new shirt. Or just a hoodie. Or some damn clothing to cover her frickin bra.

"Ugh. This is so annoying. " Amber pulled on her heavy gym bag, complaining at the weight of the item.

Instead of calming down after what just happened, her frustration just kept growing. Her anger building inside as cold droplets started tapping her hands and face. 

The drizzle made Amber stop, thinking it would somehow literally cool her down together with the wind but a noise came with it.

It was from afar but Amber already grew indifferent of the thought. To add to the fire, ironically - the noise came near making Amber realize what it was. It was the sound of heavy rain running towards her, pouring down on her with her heavy gym bag.

" HOLY JEEZ!--" Amber covered her head in reaction to the down pour but didn't move from her spot in the pedestrian.

While others were running for cover, Amber dropped her bag beside her feet.

 

"I AM FED UUUUUUP! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING ! What the HELL is WRONG with that PERSON! " Amber shouted to the sky  without caring about who could see or hear her at this time. The rain answered her, pouring more on her face in a short period of time. 

She knew it wasn't the right time to shed tears, but the cold rain that landed on her face was then mixed with the warm streak of tears. She didn't want to stop herself from it, it was frustration  she didn't want anyone else to see her in.

Before Amber could even walk on the lonely road, sulking as she went home hiding herself from the public that knew her well, her gym bag's strap was pulled on hard out of her hand, and caught her attention.

" Wait- You thief! Give my bag back! "  Amber ran clearing her eyes from the rain and the tears that was still building up."

" You can't steal my things! " Amber ran harder, attempting to catch the man with her gym bag. Her eyes focused on the bag, feeling that she was trailing behind.

Until he made a left turn, out of her line of sight.

" I WILL NOT ING LOSE MY BAG TO A THIEF!" Amber shouted and ran faster, deciding not to give up and made the turn only to bump into a person hands on knees catching his breath. Amber's eyes focused on the person's hand, seeing that it was her bag.

"You thief! You stupid, little- " She shouted, as the man reached his hand out with Amber's bag.

" Here.Hold it up." The man looked up from his knees . Amber's tears were already rolling, her frustration getting the best of her once again, at the same time shocking the man.

"Are you ... crying?" The man stood, unfolding to a tall common post named Kris.

"K-Kris?"  Amber's eyes grew wide shocked, agape,  and out of frustration, Amber came close to punch him in the chest. Her actions surprising Kris again - instead of stopping her so he wouldn't get hurt, Kris stood there, letting Amber punch his chest repeatedly.

"You little, thief!" Amber pounded on Kris's chest lightly her tears uncontrollably rolling down her cheeks.

"HOW COULD YOU?!-" Amber inhaled oxygen and exhaled frustration with her voice,

"WHY would you do that to me in front of another person? What is wrong with you?" Amber's voice grew louder

"WHY!" Amber finally shouted and grew tired, resting on Kris chest, crying.

 

Kris felt guilty all of a sudden. He was so dumb to make Amber be like this. He was so naive to think that he cause all of this.

And now was the perfect time to say things, to fix up what wasn't meant to be messed up in the first place.

 

" I didn't mean to steal your bag. I was looking for you and I didn't know where you were until I heard you scream. Then the rain came. So I had to run to you and carry your stuff so it wouldn't get wet. " Kris said looking straight, avoiding Amber's stare. No matter how much I want to see you now, I'm afraid I wouldn't get my own share of answers if my heart grows weak with one look from you.

" Where you jealous?" It was Kris' turn to ask Amber, who was still so close to him, pulling on his wet jacket.

"Of ?"  Amber mumbled between her sniffs.

"Me with Ji Hye or with Ji Hye being with me?"

" What's the difference?" Amber said coming closer as if there was still space between them.

" Just that... you don't like your bro being with another girl. Or a girl -"

"Possibly. "

"She's just a trainee, Amber. Nobody special. "

" I thought you were out there on a date. You didn't have to flaunt it in front of me. I get it. " Amber said as if she knew what was really happening.

" I told you she's nobody special." And trust me we both don't get it. I don't understand what or who you like. and You should really understand that I don't like Ji Hye that way

"I-I'm sorry. I mean it."  Kris said placing his arm around Amber for protection. Assurance that he wasn't going to hurt her like that.

" Thank you. Sorry for punching you. I didn't mean to make you worried, to see me like this, broken. I didn't mean to act like this. I just..." Amber pulled on Kris' hoodie.

" It's okay. I'm just here, and it's okay for you to cry, or to punch me. I don't mind at all. Let's get you home before you get sick. " Kris said and hugged Amber that way for a moment.

"Thanks " Amber said with a smile, breaking away from the hug. Kris stopped his grin, compacting it to a pressed smile. Though the moment was fast, Kris didn't mind if Amber pulled away. He at least was getting closer. Even just a bit. Even just as a bro. 

 

 

*****

Author's Note: Yes, Amber just told a thief to wait. Like a queen.