Si Shi Yi

She and He

Three weeks later

 

The studios have been quite empty since the end of the major concert they had. Or maybe because Amber hasn't been going there lately. Either way, what's important was the 'coincidence' that f(x) had practice and that a boy band was coming home from China.

Finally. He gets rest and we get to be together again., Amber sighed as she walked as the glass door opened for her. She felt a buzz inside her, excited to see the person she's been waiting for. I wonder if they're in the office.

"EARTH TO AMBER." Victoria waved from up front, receiving looks from Sulli and Luna. When they saw her shake her head out of her own thoughts.

"Of course she didn't hear what you said, might want to slap her awake from her daydream. Let's not forget how much she misses this place."Krystal winked at the girls when she said the last phrase.

"I said, our manger instructed you to go to their office.", Victoria waved her phone, her expression changing as she read the new text.

"Ladies we stay in the room, let's stretch" Victoria opened the door for them waiting until Amber walked away as well.

"Be careful with what you say!" She shouted just like any other time they were called to the office. Amber didn't look back and took the staircase towards the office.

 

 

Pushing past the door of the fire exit, the hallway started to fill with deep voices. As Amber came closer, it was Suho and DO talking, Chen and Xiumin exiting the office.

Not the face I'm looking for, Amber thought. With the eye contact made, Suho waved at her and waited for no reply. Instead, DO gave a hand signal that the person she was looking for was inside.

"Hey Amber!", Baekhyun exclaimed as he saw her. And there he was. Kris right behind Sehun and another tower, Tao was looking elsewhere and stopped as he held the door for a staff.

"Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy" Kai mentioned in a hushed voice, not taking so much attention, especially not from the staff. Kris looked like his world stopped and that's only because he couldn't decided whether to smile, wave, rush to Amber for a hug, say 'hi'. He was having an error, somewhere in his brain. That was until everything finally processed: He took a step forward, together with a sigh, a small wave and smile.

"Hi there", Kris voiced out soft enough that the others wouldn't hear. Not that they weren't loud enough to surround the staff that was informing them of another schedule while no manager was present. He had a smile on which took the greatest effort not to expand, his hands deep into his back pockets to prevent them from wrapping around her in an embrace.

 

"Hello to you", Amber's voice a bit high pitched in excitement, and started to giggle.

"What are you doing here? It's been a while... I could've texted you but they had my phone and I was abroad. You knew right?" Kris didn't know  where to begin.

"I knew. SNS wasn't quiet at all, 12 boys conquering the world isn't so hard to hide. And I was called here...hold on", Amber started talking but was looking for the staff that was somewhere in the sea of eleven boys. While they were away from cameras, Kris slid his hands around her waist for a short back hug.

"I miss you", Kris whispered as the boys kept the staff's eyes away from them even if she was finished with the reminders for EXO.

"I miss you too, but wait just a bit longer. We're right in front of the office!" Despite missing him back the entire time Kris was gone, Amber couldn't help but feel antsy.

Before Amber said anything else, the door was pushed open from the inside, a non-familiar face spoke, "Kris, the staff called out, please enter as well. HR would like to see you.

"Both of you."

At that signal they shared a lok of surprise, as soon as the man holding the door looked away to lead them. In the conference room, they sat in silence, waiting for anuthing to come from their mouths. A shout, a rhetorical question, or maybe this meeting needed no words but paperwork.

"We're guessing you know why you're here." A lady in her mid 30's asked.

"There have been reports regarding the two of you." Kris raised an eyebrow before she finished her sentence. "The two of us what?" Kris spoke.

"Dating, Mr. Wu. Certainly there is nothing to hide. If you would like to add to the thousands of words these pictures, evidences, have to say."

A man entered bearing a thick folder containing photographs that spilled over the edges as he placed it down. He pushed them towards Amber who hasn't spoken and tried her very best to keep herself composed.  There were lots of it, most she can remember: A photo of them eating lunch, holding hands.  As soon as she saw the picture of them kissing she pushed it towards Kris.

"We've also received news of room reservations. When both of you stayed to visit your relatives."

"That's invasion of privacy!" Amber was shocked that they've done their paper work to that extent.

The lady spoke politely, "The moment you've signed the contract, joining SM, training, it has been quite obvious and stated that relationships are out of this. Within or without the company."

Amber sighed, frustration, disappointment, fear of what could happen. In this kind of situation, she'd grab hold of Kris' hand for support but right now, plus having a dear glass table wasn't going to help her.

"Look, rumors have been starting already. We can't even call it rumors since it's all true. We're protecting you. Both your groups, the company, and as part of the contract, this would lead to void of renewal of contract with the company.

"You're saying, you're firing us? That's improper. My manager isn't here!" Amber said in a tone

"Why aren't the managers here?" Kris asked, for him he takes his manager as a lawyer. "We had them double check on this situation simultaneously. We had to make sure-

"So you've been probing them?" Kris asked as if he had a hunch of what has been happening. "We're the good guys" This serves as a fair warning to both of . We suggest that you treat this now - like we suggest, go by the contract to avoid termination. If this had reached the bosses above us, and all over fan pages you wouldn't be here fearing why you were called. You'd both be out there asking your managers help, when in fact they already have you by the neck, by orders not coming from us." She said with a stern voice.

"You are given a week from bow to prove you are worthy of your contract. All complications, questions will be handled by the team." The woman explained terms and conditions until they were ushered out of the office, Kris and Amber silent.