She and He

Night has already fallen and along the sidewalk heading towards their building,  Amber was fussing over random things. It was another way to let out her stress over the Canadian dude. For the past five minutes, Amber had her hands fiddling Victoria's hoodie then hip bumping Luna making her bump into a few strangers every once in a while.

"Aigoo, Amber if you don't stop Luna and I can get found out. We're in public." Victoria scolded as she hid her face under her hood. Amber looked at Luna who was already sticking her tongue out in annoyance.

"Sorry. I can't help it. It's just annoying." Amber shrugged heavily together with a sigh.

"What is? " Luna killed the silence with her voice and hip bumped Amber making her move to the side. Amber caught her balance again and walked back between Luna and Amber.

"Woah. You're that annoyed? You didn't even scold me for bumping you." Luna said, concerned with her teammate.

"Yeah, I am. For some reason  it bugs me every time." Amber said coldly keeping her head straight

"What is?" Victoria joined, looking at Amber for the answer to the leader's question. Whatever it was, the leader had to be there for her team mate, correct?

"Huh, it's just when that person stares. It's annoying. It bugs me every time I see that person looking at me or any part of me." Amber said without looking at both Luna and Victoria.

"But we have to get used to it, right?" Luna said looking the leader for the right answer.

"We're idols. Entertainers. We're meant to be seen, Amber. That's what we do." Victoria said like a mother talking about reality's most obvious fact. Amber face palmed herself as they turned the corner. I knew that. Obviously. I can't get over the fact that I'm an idol but I know that's what we do.

"And this my kids, is our second home." Victoria caught the attention of her team mates making them look at the building where all the other trainees and idols train on most days. And night. Wee hours of the morning. Sometimes even holidays.

"What if they stare at you differently? Like... you know" Amber thought of the different ways a person can stare. She thought of his  manner of staring.

" What do you mean? " Luna asked after Amber's vague description. Before  they went inside the building, Amber stopped and stared. Amber had her eyes on Luna first, looking intently from head to toe. Victoria was watching what Amber was doing, waiting for her to move. Instead, Amber looked at Victoria the same way she stared at Luna.

The way he stared at me. Annoying. Little Canadian dude.

"What?" Luna was waiting for something to happen with Amber's sudden stop.

"Exactly!" Amber raised her hands with praise that Luna acted the way Amber would have the night he stared at her. Victoria giggled at how funny Amber can be sometimes.

" Oh, come on Amber. We have to get going It's late already." Victoria called out from the hall of the building. Luna jogged up the staircase, leaving Amber with slouched shoulders.

"YAAAAAH! Yah! Wait for me! You don't understand!" Amber raced up to their sides, wanting to explain what she just did. Amber clamped her hands on one of their shoulders catching both girl's attention.

"What if...What if it's like. A creepy stare. Like they have a problem with you even if you haven't met."  Amber tried to make the two girls imagine and continued. Apparently, Amber lost their interest in listening to her. Amber stopped once again, shouting the last thing she wanted to describe the way a person can stare.

"Or I don't know. Maybe that person stares with erted intentions! " Amber shrugged once again, waiting for their reactions. Victoria turned first, followed by Luna.

"Oh my gosh." Victoria gasped and walked back to Amber.

"THERE YOU GO. Now you're reacting like proper humans. " Amber commented on what was now happening. Finally they understand what I mean.

"Amber! Who would even stare at you like that?" Luna followed the leader's actions

"HEY! LUNA!" Amber hit Luna's arm, offended with what her statement meant. They started to climb the stairs, to the room where they all left their stuff.

"I mean, no offense. But you look like the type to be safe in that kind of situation, okay?" Luna explained avoiding Amber's temper as she caught up with her at the top of the flight. Victoria held her back allowing them to see Amber walk to the room.

Amber turned to shout at the two girls in the hallway , "I can show you. I will PROVE to you that I can be y! I AM Y!"

Amber a pose, hands on waist with her right leg extended. She stared at Luna and Victoria as they watched her turn and slowly catwalk to the room. The other two who were left watching died of laughter.

"Oh my eyes! This is all so wrong!" Victoria acted like a damsel in distress and pulled Luna as they ran down to the door.

 

 

***

The practice room started to lose its content as the boys filed out the door. One by one they stood, waiting for the rest to come out, the last switching off the lights.

"Alright boys, got any plans tonight?" Leader Suho inquired and saw the boys shaking their heads. With their energy hanging low, they reached the end of the hall facing the long staircase and a massive elevator. The group of boys started talking to each other forming small groups.

"This elevator is the slowest thing on earth. " Baekhyun muttered staring at the floor number it was at.

"Come on. I want to eat already. Let's just take the stairs." Xiumin said catching the attention of the others who were feeling the same. Xiumin grinned at Suho signaling his treat as one of the oldest. Like true brothers, the eldest allowed the other boys to go first leaving Luhan, Kris and Xiumin.

" It's our treat, alright?" Xiumin dragged Luhan and Kris into paying the dinner they're about to have. Heck they were about to pay for the lunch of a platoon. They descended the stairs, knowing they were already left behind.

"Faster! Krystal and I have to go back!" a girl's voice shouted from the flight of stairs above them. Xiumin was busy texting. Leaving Luhan and Kris to look as to who it was. The sound of footsteps landed hard on the stairs and quickly four girls ran down to where Luhan saw them. Kris remembered them.

"Aren't they from fx? Sulli. Luna." Luhan pointed at the girls who passed him to run the last few flights of stairs ahead of them. Kris watched as two others went between him and Luhan.

" Victoria and Krystal." Luhan turned to see them run down and shrugged soon after, not knowing what's the rush.

"You said those girls are from fx, right?" Kris remained still, waiting for a response.

"Oh yeah. But I remember them being five, I think? Oh well. Come on let's go" Luhan started to descend the stairs until his arm was pulled by the one behind him.

"I realized, I do have plans tonight. I just remembered." Kris said naturally but Luhan gave him a questioning look.

"What about the dinner? I thought you were treating too?" Luhan reminded him of his job as a sunbae and as their hyung.

Kris didn't speak a word and grabbed his wallet. Kris pushed the three new bills unto Luhan's palm keeping him in silence.