Er Shi Wu

She and He

 

Kris was hiding by the staircase, obviously a failure with his height and lack of stealth. If anybody was in the area, they would probably hear a  hushed calling, "Amber! "
 

Her hair was plastered to her face, but Amber managed to look proper in front of her official boyfriend. Weeks of hard labor, hiding from the company, and since the day Kris managed to ask Amber. 

"Why the sudden text, are you okay?" Amber took the stairs a few steps up from where Kris was standing, looking back to make sure that surveillance cameras didn't record the scene.

"No -- You think fourteen days of abstinence is healthy for me?" Kris pulled on the waist he was starting be very familiar with, closing the distance between them. The warm hug made things okay for Kris once again. The feeling of anxiety was creeping on him, even if he knew that they've been officially dating. But texts were not ever enough and now he was in his comfort zone.

"I think not. Doctor said minimum of twenty-four hours of separation with communication." Kris murmured unto Amber's cheek then giving her a light peck.

"I miss you too" Her smile made her feel fuzzy things and a tighter hug. Kris, didn't like being too clingy and so slowly, he let go. Quickly, Amber's eyes grew wide, her hands crossing over to her shoulders shocked.

"Jeezuz - Give me a minute. I need to go to the bathroom. Stay here-" Amber ran quickly , holding the same position. 

"Are you hurt? Do you need help?" Kris said despite the distance. His eyebrows furrowed, filled with worry. Ugh. Forget the cameras, she might need help.

Kris walked close to the wall, hoping the cameras had a blind spot until he reached the comfort room. Now what? Kris stared at the door for a good five seconds until the sound of it opening got him to stick to the wall, holding in his breath.

"What are you doing here? I told you to stay there. Ho-, the cameras!" At once, Amber spoke and pushed Kris to enter the male washroom

"Damn it! Hopefully Koreans don't have fast eyes. I'm even in the MALES comfort room!" Amber whispered hopefully no man existed inside the area except Kris and her. 

" Amber, calm down. It's okay." His soothing voice calmed her, despite the awkward situation.

"Thank you, but you have to calm down too. I don't really have UTI or some illness you have to worry about. You don't just come staring at the female comfort room Like some sort of psycho!" Her frantic yet controlled whisper came saying those words, with close to bulging eyes to match. She was half nervous, knowing that the company forbids these kinds of things--fraternizing.Within the company that alone can cause a whole lot of fans reacting, and a CEO together with the manager,  lecturing on what we have done. Secrecy needs to be a habit. Even if I want to show the world what happiness you bring me .

"Can't help it when I'm trying to getting used to caring for you.  Have a little faith-- my 'Caring' comes with it. " A small smile turned up on Kris' pink lips. Amber hated how this made it all warming her up, leading to an embrace.

"But, why did you have to run? What happened? " mid-hug , the tall boy decided to finally ask. Pulling away, Kris' questioning face  was looking at Amber, as he held her in half-arms' length.

Amber's cheeks showed a fleck of pink, " don't laugh okay?" Receiving a humble nod, waiting. " I had this girl problem..." 

"My bra just unclasped when you hugged me. "

 

*****

At the end of the day at work, Amber and Kris decided to go out in secret. It was passed 9 pm, a time a little bit latter than they both had expected.

"I'm sorry about the little dilemma I had earlier today." Amber had an apologetic tone, embarrassed as well  as it was evident with how her cheeks were flushed with pink. It was Kris' first time to experience anything like it but he  kept himself with clear thoughts. "It's fine, it's not like a big deal, You were being honest." He smiled with no teeth but he grew chubby cheeks just then and made Amber smile.

"You better go see the other guys so they don't worry" Amber suggested as she took a few steps  to start without breaking contact. Kris nodded and waved.

He thought it was 'goodbye, see you', officially but he was pulled to the dark corner of the building where nobody entered, pulled even more to crouch down for Amber to hug him. "Thank you for today."

Kris was melting inside, he hugged her as well and smoothed her hair as she rested on the crook of his neck.

"Come on, we both gotta go. I'll text when I get through the door of our place." Kris watched as Amber hung her head low and continued to move towards their dorm.

 

 

 

Kris did as he promised- text as he got through the door. He took a shower and the relaxing music with his headphones.

            I still can't believe it


" I don't know what your answer is going to be.  Even if we raised our voices, and you probably hate me. Do we, I'm not asking for myself, but for the both of us-" Kris took in a deep breath, all his energy and the feeling that was already overflowing,

"Do we have a chance to be together, in love?"

Silence.

Aside from the passerby and the natural, inevitable noises, they were silent.

"well..." was the single word Kris was able to manage out of his mouth. Hoping, tangled like hell with fear of what can happen.

"Well 'yes', sounds like a good answer for us, don't you think?"

This time Amber was answered in silence. Kris' state of shock didn't improve, it became worse as his goofy smile grew impatient for a the bigger reaction happening inside of him, it was plastered for the longest time.

"You and me sounds good - us sounds very good- I like -" She was cut short as Kris carried her from the waist, his arms around her for a tall hug.

"Thank you. Just know that my feelings are bursting right now." Kris said it with so much sincerity as he was carrying her, their conversation odd yet sweet.

"Oh really? Is it so 'bursting' that you're able to carry me THIS high? He started at her and nodded. it was the feeling of victory , of satisfaction, complete happiness even just for this moment - Amber's eyes scanned his, wrapped in his arms. their faces right above each other. She smiled bending her face close for a kiss just on the corner of Kris' lips.


 

*****

Due to the never ending replay on his head, Kris was unable to sleep. His white shirt was half raised after tossing and turning on his bed. With one earphone out of place, the only thing he heard was the sound of the TV from the end of the hall.

He decided to make his way to the roof top. The cold air  hit him as soon as he left the flight of stairs that led there. He found his way to a make shift bench where he let himself look at the countable stars of the night as he lied down to think of other things, attempting to not always think of Amber.  Amber, who should be asleep, though I wanted to get to know her more. It was driving him mad that he catches himself way too often thinking of her.

Somebody slapped his thing before a soft voice called "Gege".

Tao sat where Kris' foot was set. He looked tired of... life? Kris harsh face softened at the sight if his younger brother like that.

"Tao, you don't look well, "Kris brought himself upright. letting his body warm up from the cold metal he was lying on. Tao's eyebrows raised, his cracked pink lips forming a fine line. The dark circles that were under his eyes didn't look so natural anymore.

"Just lack of sleep. Too many things in my mind. Let's not talk about me. I want to distract myself. How are you gege?" His tone changed, trying to avoid being on the hot seat" We've been distant for the past days."

It was a good thing they live together. Tao hated being alone and with EXO becoming busy. he was missing his family more than ever. Kris sat on the concrete where Tao was, "I'm good, happy, busy, - you already know it. I can't sleep like you too."

 

"From thinking about her? You come late every now and then. Manager hyung notices" Kris  alarmed, grew stiff as Tao spoke with a low voice.

"Oh , What'd he say? I haven't told him- nobody told him right? -"

"Relax, some of us make up a cover, others take the opportunity to go out so he things you guys are all together. Or I tell him you're just playing or at a convenience store in your hoody." Tao reassured Kris. He and Amber are safe as he watched his older brother breathed a sigh of relief .

"Oh god, thank you Tao. I owe you big time!" Kris placed an arm behind Tao bringing him for a tight hug.

"Hey- Oops. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ruin your date" behind the post, coming out from the dark was Kai.

"So did you plan this? Do you want me to fetch a bottle of wine and some candles to make it more romantic?" Kai laughed at the scene and watched Kris' arm lay back on his side.

"Cute joke Kai, Knock it off." Kris was fine with the first line of Kai but he knew it was  going to be taken bad.

"Oh come on, I won't tell manager hyung about your relationship with Amber. I won't even tell Amber you're cheating at the early stage. WITH TAO, HA!"

"KAI!" It was a shout of anger coming from Tao, rising to his feet making his fist swing back "Shut up you drunk -

Kris took hold of Tao's wrist, pulling him away "Tao, he is drunk, you know it, don't hit him- Call Suho."

"Listen to your  hubby , TAO! He's going to get mad if you hurt his feelings!" Kai stood tall enough and watched Kris take a step towards him.

"You shut up and go to bed before anybody catches you drunk."Kris muttered under his breath, commanding with his deep voice.

"Really? You sound like a girl. In your relationship, who's the girl? Cause Amber might make the perfect BOYFRIEND."

"You don't, EVER talk about her that way you bastard."

"Where are the curves on her? Or are you that gay, you don't mind how you two will be ing each other?"Kai stumbled back as he took a taste of a good punch from Kris

"Want another one to make you sleep?"

"Oh no, you need it more than I do. It might give you a chance to sleep with REAL GIRLS, Kris."

 

 

 

 

*****

Author's Note:  Yeorobun~annyeong! I would like to send my special thanks to Sassy_Love for being an awesome member who helped me reach to other readers. Do check out her work too! Please keep the comments/upvotes/subscribers/links/ imgaes of krisber coming! The inspiration thing wakes me up from this toxic mind I have. I'll explain soon 3 

Heads up: I might try a new way of writing 3 or 4 chapters... Others will be train of thoughts or in other words, a different POV. Expect it to be a bit ...sloppy? Just imagine your thoughts, self arguments. But nobody has gone crazy.