Er Shi Jiu

She and He

 

This is far too stressful. Focus, focus is what I need right now. Kris had to straighten his mind and get his serious mind in the game. Maybe Amber and I can have dinner. Yeah, sounds good. At the thought, he felt a bit at ease.

Darn it. A pang of reality hit him.I should really focus on the choreography  than tonight's plans

Kris' shirt was dotted with perspiration from the dance he and Chen had to work on. Kai had them in a reinforcement session  for their MV shoot. His train of thought going on as he danced.

"One more and we are free to go." Kai called out, unsatisfied with the last two runs. " When you dance, feel it. Express. You need expressions. Not just furry eyebrows. " Kai was gentle with his words, having the ability to add a bit of indirect mention as he turned to replay their song.

Without a word, Kris prepared for the dance. Apparently Kai's words left an impression in Kris mind. So it's just me? Like Chen couldn't get the timing of the last chorus? Kim Jong In, if you are being such a 'professional dance instructor' don't sound like you have a grudge for me. Kris let his anger play with the conversation in his head as they danced.

              I won't even tell Amber you're cheating at the early stage.

             In your relationship, who's the girl? Cause Amber might make the perfect BOYFRIEND.

             REAL GIRLS, Kris

Fists balled up as Kris danced to their song for another time, the occurrence of the other night got on his nerves.

Who the hell is he to insult me and Tao? That bastard drinking, threatening and - so damn immature.

 

 

 

"Just a bit of brush up on the eyebrows. You look like you need to let off some steam." Chen fixed his things while Kris was already twisting the door knob. " I'll see you at home." Kris nodded at his friend, not bothering to say good bye to the mentally defective dancing machine as he had his back on Kris.

Kris have texted but he was in a hurry to leave the room he was just in. Good thing we know each other's schedule. Usually, as it starts to grow out of the couples' habit they would say what they would do the next day, in case of emergency. Today sort of happened to be an emergency to see each other for dinner.

Kris gave sending a message a thought once more but he was already peering at the window. Kris tried not to be obvious, letting his eyes look for a girl with cropped, short hair, pale white skin and most probably had her legs crossed.  Amber had her back on him. From side profile, Amber had a sweet smile. He waited for her face to turn in order to see the smile that would let his mind relax at the sight of his girl smiling. As if she read his mind her head turned.

Only she wasn't smiling.

Amber saw Kris' smile. She watched that same smile fade. His eyes drained by whatever came to mind. Amber's lips turned to a fine line, giving a small smile. Her eyes lied. They showed sadness as they looked away from his own eyes.

If the door wasn't locked, Kris would have taken her away. I don't know what's wrong, but something IS wrong.  His heart quenched as if  it was pierced when he saw the look on amber's eyes. Kris leaned on the wall, just around the corner where he knew Amber would pass.

 

Twenty minutes he finally heard the door swing open. Familiar voice from the people in the same room filled the corridor. A familiar gym bag caught Kris' attention, the owner walking slowly. He didn't ;et Amber pass, pulling on the strap to drag her out of the main hallway. Amber faced the other way as the other people left the area

 

"Are you okay?" Kris asked , his voice full of concern. His eyebrows furrowed and tilted his face to read Amber's face but she kept looking at the ground, avoiding his gaze.

With the short hair Amber has curtaining face, long fingers combed them back. The same long fingers outlined her face to the chin and lifted her face to meet Kris' worried gaze.

"Amber, I'm worried. What's wrong?" Kris asked a different question wanting the answers. Finally her eyes met his. Deep brown eyes that were filled with sadness.

"I'm simply tired. That's all. IT's been quite a day" Amber sighed and placed a smile on to avoid any more questions. Once more, Kris her hair, his hand resting on her back and pulled her into a comforting hug.

"I'm tired too. You know what can take this burden off? Dinner. Let's go out and order kimchi fries and burrito?" Kris suggested, looking at Amber who was starring at the ground once again. With both palms resting on Kris' chest. Amber spoke "Maybe not tonight. I'm really tired and I want to sleep. I'm sorry. Maybe another time?" her lips formed a half smile, slightly pushing away from their hug.

It was an unexpected answer, "I understand. Can I at least take you home?" Kris offered  just for him to have some time to cure his day. "I'll just rude with everybody else going back to the dorm. I'm fine Kris, thanks. "

A short sigh escaped Kris. Today is not my day He felt Amber's presence. Quite different from her happy, strong and cool side.

Something is different. I feel it.

He didn't force himself and slowly dropped his hand to hold hers, " Oo-o-okay. Stay safe and text me when you need me or feel like it. Know that I'm here for you." Kris meant his words, coming out in a low voice. Not like instructions but as a reminder that she was not alone on this or in anything for that matter.

 

 I don't want agony for you. Not pain or anything that will hurt you. Not when I know I would fight for you.

Amber nodded, keeping her head hung low. Kris was finished speaking but did not let go of her. For the last time, Kris comber her hair, traced Amber's face like a fragile glass. With a sigh coming from Amber, Kris gave a peck on the corner of her lips. "You go on ahead. The staff might notice."

Kris watched the figure disappear from his sight. His day was close to ending and just when he thought it would turn around, it managed to bruise on him.

It's nobody's fault. No guilt . Even Amber needs to take a break.