San Shi Ba

She and He

The mirrors had fogged up with the amount of heat inside contrasting with the cold weather. Past ten in the evening, the dance room was more than hectic. With the music still blasting and eleven  boys panicking, Kris was the only one lying down, unconscious.

"Somebody call the ambulance!" D.O screamed, his voice surprising everyone. Suho snapped his head watching Tao to aid Kris. All in shock they all started to wonder.

"Everybody calm down and call the manager." Suho instructed calmly, bring his water bottle and a towel.

"AMBULANCE! He's burning up!" Sehun screamed senselessly

"NOBODY call the ambulance. Do that if you want to ruin things." Manager Lee pushed passed the door and walked quickly towards the boys. Suho started patting the wet towel on Kris' pale face. Manager Lee inspected what was going on and decided to call on people.

"Prepare the van. Get some meds for a fever. We have to take Kris back to the dorm. Oh. Make it quick." He sighed and turned again to the boys .

"Somebody turn off the music. Take a break. " Manager Lee instructed as he got on his knees when he found space for him to take. Tao and Suho were left, Baekhyun stepping back when he was caught taking a picture of Kris.

"We can't take him to the ER like this, interviews, the fans, people will question it and blame pointlessly." The manager said while he Kris' hair for Suho to dab the towel. Tao acted like a pillow, his gege's head resting on his lap. Suho didn't make a move to tell Tao to go ahead, he knew he wouldn't budge. Surprisingly, Kai brought another bottle of water for Suho to use and Lay handed a coat for Kris to stay away from the cold. Suho took it as a good sign that the boys would look out for each other.

"Quick question," Luhan's head popped out, after passing out some of his crackers, "How on earth will we carry Kris? I mean it's KRIS. " His hands showing the massive person lying down on the floor, unconscious.   

"This will be a test of your strength and trust." Manager Lee looked over at Suho, who started eying the candidates for those will carry him to the van.

 

Twenty three minutes later, Chanyeol who carried from the left arm and Kai on the right, were dragging him out of the elevator. Those outside the door drew in gasps, making way for them to reach the van.

"Surprised you volunteered." Tao brought the bag of Kris , walking beside Kai.

"Take it as my penance when I was crazy-mad-drunk." Kai muttered searching for the van .

" You still owe me though. That's only on his part." Tao said without looking at Kai.

"But you gotta admit, you follow him more than a broth-

" You owe me double."

"Kai drop the gay talk, you checked out Sehun once before you two met Jae Rin and Eun Hae." Chanyeol butted in silencing the dancer and earning him wide panda eyes from Tao.

"He did. He even made a comment and wouldn't stop until he got hit on the balls." Fact like, it made it seem funnier that it lightened up Tao's mood.

A phone started to ring when they reached the main road. The ringtone came from the bag of Kris, Tao looking for it, as quick as possible.

"Noona. He fainted. Maybe not tonight, they'll probably check on him." A long pause came after Tao's voice filled the van.

 

"It's not your fault. I'll text it to you. Take care" His voice started sounding soft as he hung up.

"That was...?" Kai looked at Tao without finishing his question. His eyebrow raised for a smug yes.

" That was quick. I wonder if there's a tracking device on that thing." Kai grabbed the phone examining it.

"Triple. Three things that I want. No backing out." Tao snatched the phone back and looked away.