ShiSan

She and He

Thirteen

"THEY ARE GIRLS GENERATION!" The VCR playing on stage introduced the nine girls who are now practicing on stage. Although it was a long shot with new groups, SMentertainment planned a show that presented some of the groups they have and today was the stage practice. Behind stage, it was chaotic, that's what Kris thought. He had a slight blurry vision probably from not being able to sleep last night.

"Aigoo, Kris. What did you do last night? Why are you sleepy when we all have a schedule. " Suho sat beside Kris who was waiting for some instructions to get the day over with and sleep again.

"I lied down in bed, closed my eyes but I just couldn't sleep." Cause I checked my phone every three minutes until this morning.

" Hmm. Make sure you at least get a jacket from the racks outside and look presentable like you always do. You never know what they will make us wear during the concert itself." Suho instructed before he left to prepare the other boys. Kris stood to do the same. Spotting Lay and Tao near the stage's entrance Kris approached them.

"Yah, we have to get ready, I'm not sure about the program flow yet but we have to fix up." Kris leaded the boys away from the dancing girls on stage.

"Yes, duizhang. Are you going to put on make-up? Don't gay p-" Lay was cut off by Kris hand's covering his mouth. It's not like Kris was  to announce it to the whole world. Not even Lay was supposed to do that.

"Come on. What's wrong about that? All the boys know about it." Tao said handing him the tube of foundation from the table they reached. Kris smacked Tao's hand lightly to make him put it back down. Lay left the two and looked for the other members.

" Nothing. It's not something the whole world should know." Kris said turning to leave as well. Before duizhang could even put his foot down for a step, Tao held his wrist and pulled him back.

"Hyung. Whatever happens. Whoever you choose. Remember I'm always here for you. " Tao said, his voice low. Tao loves his hyung as a hyung but there are times when he just wants to be more than that. With the work that they have it was impossible, being in the same dream team made it possible but the bottom line Tao knew it was complicated. He didn't want the friendship between them to be ruined so all he could do right now is to be there for his hyung. With a content smile, the maknae pulled the duizhang into a warm hug.

" Thanks, Tao" Kris only hugged Tao for a short while and pulled away. The relationship between him and Tao were different-different from what Kris was looking for now. Impatience grew, Kris still had to put on a jacket to look presentable and work before he could check his phone again.

Kris headed out to find the jacket Suho was talking about, going through the door that had 'Apparel and Dressing Rooms' labeled on it. He saw Manager Sung Hwan talking to one of the assistants standing beside the one leather jacket left on the rack. Kris extended his hand to grab hold of it and take it off from the rack but apparently it won't budge.

"Ah What is going on?" Kris looked up to see that some other hand was taking it away from his.

"Oh hey bro. This is my jacket. " Amber said happily and pulling the jacket away from Kris' hands. Not backing down. Kris tightened his fist around the leather material.

"Yah. I got it first. What gives you the right to take it? "

"I said it's mine, didn't I ? Come on bro." Amber started to get annoyed as well, not backing down from the tall boy in front of him.

"Suho said I have a jacket here. It's meant for me, bro. " Kris pulled harder on the jacket but it wasn't enough for him to actually put it on.

" Aigoo, there are so many jackets here! How could this be yours!" Amber raised her voice, clearly annoyed with the situation.

" It's my size, Amber. How can you actually fit in men's clothes?" Kris stated disregarding Amber's feelings and clearly it was a sensitive topic.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" Amber half shouted catching the attention of a whole lot of managers waiting for the idols in the fitting room to come out.

"How on earth... Can't it be my STYLE?" Amber continued to rant and quickly Manager Sung Hwan walked towards Kris and Amber.

"Kris, What's going on here? We can't waste time now. You have to practice." Manager Sung Hwan explained.

"He wouldn't give me my leather jacket, sir. " Amber said coldly, the audience within the room started to gather around whispering amongst themselves.

" Kris it's just a leather jacket- " His manager started to gently push him away from the situation with Amber. It wasn't a healthy fight nor was it healthy for his image. He's supposed to be cold not be shallow.

"It's my jacket, hyung! Whose' side are you on here. You're my manager!" Kris complained shaking the leather jacket that was in his and Amber's hands to emphasize it all in his face. Amber pulled it towards her just to make sure Kris won't stand a chance.

"WHERE IS IT?! JESSICA IS SUPPOSED TO BE WEARING THAT JACKET WHEN THEY GET TO  JAPAN!" Someone stormed inside the room and raised his voice. Unaware of the situation he approached the rack beside Amber to find it empty and saw that the leather jacket was in the hands of other people.

"Excuse me. That is Jessica's personal jacket." The person who came in said in a sassy tone. Without even understanding what was going on before he came in, the guy took it away. Having to slap both Amber's and Kris hands off of the leather jacket.

"That's mine! " Amber and Kris chorused as the guy started walking towards the door.

"Are you people blind? The rack clearly has SNSD posted in the end. " The guy said without looking back and went through the door way.

Amber and Kris looked at each other the same way everybody else looked at them. Slowly the two idols walked towards the other end of the rack to see the cards "SNSD" the man was talking about.

Kris wanted to laugh at how stupid they both were fighting over something that wasn't even theirs. A smile started to grow until his eyes landed on Amber's. They weren't as happy as they usually were and Kris' smile died down, his eyes followed Amber's figure walking out the door.

 

 

"Bro!" Kris shouted as they practiced the encore stage which included the all the performing artists. It was over anyway and Kris just had to find Amber within the crowd of idols. EXO was dancing wildly blocking Kris' view. I thought I was tall enough to actually find her. As their time up front were finished and SNSD started crowding the front , Kris frantically pushed between Chanyeol and Baekhyun to find the other groups on stage.

f(x)  f(x)Where could they be? Kris' eyes landed on Amber and he stopped right in the middle of the stage, staring right at her once again. Kris heart slowed, making his hand reach for his chest. It was half pain- half guilt. Amber had her serious face on trying to act light every once in a while, talking to whoever she could. Tao bumped Kris, finally bringing him back to reality. Without looking away, he walked to the side as close to f(x) as possible.

Kris kept his eyes on Amber mentally calling. Look at me. Come on, look at me. Look at me Amber.

That's right turn your head here.

No not that way.

Look at ME.

 

"BRO!" Kris shouted and soon Amber kept looking around and finally Amber saw Kris staring at her. It wasn't that she was shocked but Amber still had a hint of anger from earlier. Kris kept his smile apologetic.

Please smile?

Kris placed his palms together showing that he was pleading for Amber to smile only to see Amber's head shaking her lips pouting.

Chaebal? Please?

Amber watched Kris pushing the side of his lips, not stopping.

Stubborn little... Kris knew that it was beyond his powers to act cute but he had to if he wanted Amber to smile again. His determination grew and soon he had his eyes on Amber again doing an aegyo.

Buing Buing~~

"What are you doing?!" Amber mouthed her eyes growing wide at the sight of Kris doing an aegyo shyly. Him acting shy is even cute. Amber almost smiled but caught herself and stopped at that instant.

Kris raised his peace sign near his eyes and smiled as cute as he can.

Buing Buing~~ blinking slowly and smiling once again.

It's unstoppable. Amber couldn't contain herself and she grabbed whoever's arm beside her and smiled brightly. Soon she laughed and shook the person beside her in thrill to see him that way.

YES! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Kris bit his lip in success of what he just saw. Amber's smile.* I made her smile again.

"Made who smile?" Sehun looked at Kris weirdly. Kris still had his smile on, looking at Amber every now and then with that face on.

"Nothing. Just smile with me, Sehun. SMILE" Kris felt bubbly all over slightly pushing Sehun in thrill.

"Sure but we have to practice your aegyo. " Sehun stated as they walked backstage, ready to head home.

 

This feels great.

 

For Kris, the pain in his chest subsided, his head felt light, his body felt like doing it all over again.

Especially the part where I made her smile.