San

She and He

Finally. Athletic lungs did not fail me.  Kris breathed out, walking towards the door.  He thought of where the other would be, since they were excused for some reason. He looked at the empty hallway, and felt someone pushing the door he was supposed to close. He pulled it to let them out, shocked to collide with her once again.

"S-sorry." They said at the same time as they bowed at each other. Accidentally, their head's bumped.

"Ouch!" They cried in pain, together . She stared at the him, craning her neck just to look up at his face with the distance they had.

"I guess that's my bad?" Kris shrugged, blocking her way as he closed the door.

"Then it is. I'll get going then." She  said avoiding Kris' gaze. He had to decide whether or not he wanted to feed his curiosity from last night.

I need to know her name.

" Mind if I take you? I mean-I really don't roam around, meeting people like this it's just that my friends aren't here an-"

"I don't mind." She cut the conversation to the chase, walking a few steps up the hallway. Kris didn't hesitate and ran to her side.

 

" So, a rapper, huh?" Kris said out loud as they walked.

"Huh? " She  looked, obviously out of track.

"You're a rapper. I -I watched your performance yesterday...And at class." Kris pointed his thumb back, referring to their room for rap class.

" Oh, yeah. You didn't know? I mean you're not... familiar?" She stopped from walking and asked him seriously.

"You don't know? F(x)? " She asked , not taking in the fact he's not familiar.

"So you're a trainee .Here,  In SM. With a few other people, and not know the groups?" She stated- like connecting puzzle pieces, waiting for a legitimate response aside from him staring back.

" I do know the groups, I know that f(x) is under S. M entertainment. I just don't know the members nor am I close with much of the people here." Kris said as he showed the space between them as an example.

" I obviously don't socialize with everybody, since almost everybody is busy." Kris stated the fact, as they walked again.

" Well. That makes sense." She nodded at the idea, walking with Kris again.

"You guys are good, With the performance, I mean. You had the crowd going. " Kris said remembering the audience, especially when she  started her rap.

"Just yesterday's performance? " She raised an eyebrow indirectly criticizing his comment.

"What? It's not like I watch every performance and listen to all your songs, honestly speaking. We're all busy training." Kris shrugged, making his point clear.

" I guess you're not a fan then. With all the staring from yest-"

"I WAS BORED!" Kris shouted the reason. His reason that was more of an excuse. He was more curious than bored. Kris' looked around waiting for the worst scenario to come.

"And that required a really long time of staring? At me?"  She crossed her arms, wanting to know the answer.

" Well, yeah. You looked bored as hell too." Kris said, avoiding the truth of him staring at her.

" Yeah I was, until I had to check my entire outfit before the performance. You stared as if I had something wrong." She admitted as Kris' plan of turning the attention away from him worked.

"You didn't even speak one word to any of the other members. " Kris raised an eyebrow, thinking that she was lying for the first time to him.

"I - I can't speak well. " She mumbled and started walking again.

" You're speaking now. "

" I'm not fluent. I'm not from around here, you see." She stated the one fact she barely admitted.

"Really now? Well, I guess I'm not alone on that one. " Kris said in an amused voice, he wanted to know more. More of her, more of why she is like that. At the same time he was happy to know she knows how it is, not to be from here.

"You're not... Korean?" She wondered out loud.

"Bingo. " Kris winked along with his words, surprising her.

"Did you just wink at me?" She didn't stare like a girl star struck it's like she was about to explode of madness.

"Dude, what is wrong with you? You look like an idiot!" She was laughing hard leaving Kris in awkward silence.

I winked at her? Kris was out of his mind. He unconsciously winked.  Of all the things he can unconsciously do it had to be wink? Stupid. Plain. Stupid.

"I-It's a normal thing from where I come from." Kris stammered, making up an excuse for his stupid wink.

"Sure. And making out in public is normal? " She said and instantly, Kris' eyes grew wide in shock

"Mm-make out? You mean we-"

" I WAS SARCASTIC! Dude, we are not making out! "  She briskly walked, getting ahead of Kris.

He is disgustingly stupid. Wasn't the tone obvious?

"WAIT! I DIDN'T MEAN IT EITHER!" Kris jogged, not giving up on the conversation. He slowed down by her side.

"Look, I'm not from around here. You're not either. AND we're not even friends yet. How am I supposed to know?" Kris explained.

"Dude, get your act straight. You've been bugging me since yesterday." She said coldly. It was different from the way she acted cool around Kris right after class. Kris tried to think of something quick before he could ruin any connection with this...person.

" Where are you from again?" Kris started, looking at her . He hasn't taken a good look at her  since yesterday making him do it all over again.

"L.A. I moved here a few months back when I got scouted." She mentioned, looking back at him.

"And you?" She attempted to continue, waiting for Kris' response. It took him a while to respond, and snap back to reality with a wave of her hand in front of Kris' face.

"Oh. OH. Los Angeles, huh? Nice. I-I'm from Canada. I mean that's where I practically grew up." Kris mentioned a small ' history' of him as they stopped in the middle of the hallway.

" Great to know. Anyway, I have to get going. " She looked at him shortly and turned towards the door a few steps away. Kris was left staring her once again.

"You can stop staring at me, Canadian- dude! " She  shouted without looking, catching Kris' attention from  his stare.

"Whatever , LA- " Dude? Girl?

"See you around, Canadian dude. "She said growing close to the room  

"I have a name you know."  Kris looked away pushing his hands down his pocket to keep warm.

Name? Name! Quickly, Kris ce again

"WHAT'S YOUR NAME!" Kris asked the empty hall way and was answered by the sound of the door closing behind her.

 

"Aish! I forgot to ask for her name." Kris face palmed himself. Of all the things he could forgot. He looked like fool, sounded stupid all for nothing. Kris felt like punching himself, but still didn't. I'd look even more stupid.