San Shi Si

She and He

Darkness started hovering over Korea by the time Amber looked out the window again. She stripped off her watch, avoided the wall clock and she obviously didn't have her phone to check on the time or Kris. If she recalled properly, the flight to China wouldn't take that long unless he planned to go around the entire country by plane, then that would be reasonable.

F(x) already packed away their things, straight into their clutches, envelope type and designer gym bag. They were out the door when Luna decided to stretch out the phone  as she shook her head. 

The look on Amber's face was readable. Her hair was fixed, anybody would notice the fake smile she put on. She jus ignored the phone not wanting to see it. They took the elevator down 
" Thanks for today. Maybe tomorrow I'll go earlier, maybe I should practice longer for the show-"

"Don't push yourself over. Don't be so hard on yourself, just explain to him when he calls." Victoria hooked an arm around Amber and her arm.

"Maybe he's really not going to call. Like it's the best joke he'd ever pull off. I mean China isn't a sixteen hour flight." 

With only two hands, the small Luna  grabbed on to amber and Krystal, dragging them behind a car, with Sulli and Victoria rushing before anybody else saw. " Or maybe he's calling while he just got off his sixteen hour schedule?"  Luna showed the flashing screen of Amber's phone, the caller ID being rather familiar. She pointed off around the car they were hiding from and saw a post like figure in black. 

"Well? Pick it up before he's pissed off!" Krystal shook her  and pushed the already answered phone.

With no choice or time of getting her mind straight, Krystal held the phone to amber's ear, "he-hello?"

"So do you want to talk it over the phone while you're hiding behind that car or do you want the car to go around and we'll do this... Personally?"

" Perso...nally"

"Okay then. Walk to the other corner of the parking lot, let your friends get home safely." Kris hung up, and all the girls straightened their backs, standing properly from trying to hear their conversation. 

"He said we'll meet up and you guys should get home safely." Nods came from them and she walked away.

Before she got far away, Krystal ran beside her, "You're going to be fine. You're lucky you get a chance to work things out. Other couples just end it with the first fight." Krystal hugged Amber quickly and ran back to the others.

Amber on the other hand heard the hum of the engine. The tinted car was a generic but she had no doubts that Kris would be inside. When she heard the doors unlock, she pulled the door and found him seated at the very back. There was space between the two, enough for Amber to place down her bag. She looked at him, he was very ignorant, he was still not even to great her.

"I honestly thought you were avoiding me." He spoke softly, his gaze finally broke away from the driver when they hit the main road. " turns out you were just with someone else." Amber couldn't help it. Her heart tore when he said it. Kris's eyes were dark under dim light, face of a man so tired.  When Amber wasn't able to say anything, he just looked away and sat silent the entire ride. 

She didn't realize it until she noticed the luggage in his hands and he turned the key to their place.

"May I... Come in?" Her voice cracked when Kris didn't invite her in and he threw his bag to the floor. He only nodded and placed a glass of water right when she sat on the sofa. He hesitated, deciding to sit beside her, just like in the car. He opened his mouth to speak only to close it again, breathing deeply. 

"I'm sorry." Amber looked at Kris, worn out. 

"I'm sorry for being so cold and not being sensitive. About Henry, I didn't cheat on you-"


"I haven't assumed that you're cheating - that's how much I trust you.  I got hurt over the fact that Henry and everyone else gets to understand you. That as a boyfriend, YOUR boyfriend, I can't even know you better? " Kris was looking at her, his eyes sad. He exhaled more, leaning back on the couch

" it's frustrating how I try to earn your trust and I feel like I did but it was torn away. If you feel like choking at this point, what do you expect me to do? Is giving flowers crossing the line? Do you want to leave? Is that it? "

"I'm a living, breathing problem." Amber muttered her thoughts, Kris angered with her silence.

He leaned, looking at her closely, "What? Is that what YOU WANT?"

"No that is not what I want! You don't understand Kris. " amber held herself back when Kris pleaded.

"Then tell me. TELL ME, AMBER! That's the only way I can understand. Isn't that how everybody else does it with you? " Kris stood, his voice raised and hurt

"I have troubles with myself! Okay? My past haunts me in my sleep. A guilt trip over my parents. The whole world seeing me differently. It's a burden to me " 

"This entire time I would have understood if you could have a little faith in me, but what happened? You just pushed me away as if I don't care about you-"

Amber pulled on Kris' arm, spinning him to face her. "Do you think you can like that? Can you stand looking at me the same way when everybody else says that I'm like any other GUY? Look at me and think about every other girl, Kris" Her eyes let out tears when Kris faced her, his face troubled. 

"Who cares?" He stood still, "What do you think of me?"

"What? See. This is what I was talking about. You won't understand." Amber wiped her eyes and turned away, walking with heavy footsteps until it was Kris' turn to pull her back. He pulled her close enough for him to hold her with both hands, so fragile.

"I do understand. That's what I'M talking about. You won't open up to me, you don't trust me that you think I'd let you go so easily." Kris looked at her, her nose red from the crying.

"So what Amber? Who cares? Who cares if you can't be girly like those other girls? So what if you choose snap backs over head dresses that are for the runway? I wouldn't let go either way. Why? Because I didn't fall in love with an Amber who wears heels going to work. Because I like you that way, whatever way you express yourself." Kris wiped her tears, caressed her face. 

Amber gave in. She hugged her and cried on his chest.  "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry for doubting and pushing you away. I don't want you to leave." She heaved, Kris her short her. 

When she calmed down, Kris gave space for him to see her, " I choose to make you happy and I'm sticking around to do that." Kris whispered looking to her eyes. When she saw her nod, he kissed her soft hair, down to her forehead and softly on the lips.