Er Shi San

She and He

 

"You need to train more, you know that? Just a tad bit more, but a whole lot when we're talking about dancing." The manager gently told Kris as the elevator filled with men descended. How many times do I have to be told? I get it. I don't dance well.

" Just tell me who to meet with so I can train. " Kris said bluntly.

"Same goes with Chen."

"His dancing skills aren't so well. That's a fact" Baekhyun said out loud with only a few people laughing.

"Kkaebsong..." Baekhyun murmured and the laughter grew louder. The elevator sounded off the moment it reached the ground floor. 

"You and me buddy. Dancing" Kris draped his arm over Chen's shoulder as they walked out the elevator together.

 

 


The boys waited for the car to arrive since it was parked behind the office. They all had businesses of their own. The dancers the singers. The rappers. The conversation drifted on without Kris' attention. 

Across the floor, the elevator rang again letting out a group of girls. Then there was  Amber. Kris' feet dragged him out of the group, his eyes locked on her, receiving weird stares from Chanyeol as Kris made his way to the crowd of girls.

So close, so close to tapping Amber's shoulder if only her band mates didn't block him.
"Hello. What is it you need" the white chick that Luhan once called Krystal asked.

"Hi. uhm ... I'm here for Amber. Mind if I just- " 

"Nope. She's taken." Krystal lowered her voice so the staff wouldn't make a big fuss of her words.

"But I'm-" Kris stopped and saw how he was surrounded by the girls, by passers making it not so obvious to the staff and the rest of his teammates.

" Oh we know who it is. "Kris, right? We already know it's you " Sulli managed to say it calmly and let Victoria take over.

May I just ask, what is it that makes you walk towards her? What part exactly of Amber do you like?" Krystal took a step forward to make her inquiries clear.

Kris kept himself strong. He wasn't going weak over the ice queen, he can hold the same title, Ice King.  the question won him over though, what  is it that draws him to a certain conclusion that Amber is that someone?

He lost time as he wasn't with his thoughts-

"You see? THIS is why we're here. How can you manage when you can't answer a simple question?" Krystal continued even if Kris had his mouth shut, thinking even deeper.

" Kris, we're going! Come on! " Kris was already left alone, with the sight of Amber being pulled close by Luna in a conversation. 

 

"Before you go, consider this a remainder. We are not just her teammates. Whatever happens to her, expect us to be around for the consequences of any stupid move."


"Hey Kris, enough with the ladies, we gotta go. " Chanyeol shook Kris gently to snap him out of the daze he was in.



*****

Over the meal, conversation was light, maybe it was the beer kicking in or the topic that went with it. It wasn't so odd though, they were all men anyway. Women were the common problem, the cause of their proper thinking. This conversation was all about their complaints and the possible solutions.

 

" You shouldn't hurt her! I mean, even in society you're not really there to hurt anyone. Whether or not you're in a relationship with anyone" D.O was actually close to teaching Kai like a grandmother side commenting.

" So you want me to just be nice to her?" Kai gave everyone a questioning look, His chopsticks hanging between his fingers.

"No. Don't be totally nice. Just be yourself. Being nice is part of that. " Lay squeezed in, avoiding any spills from his tray.

"I get it, I'm nice. I love you guys too!" Kai took it as compliment, not learning from what Lay meant.

" Just be yourself Kai. It's a given that you have to be nice to people. But don't forget, treat her special - in simple ways. The small details matters to a girl. It's a big deal for them, like even small glances sends them smiling. Kiss her hand, not the old fashioned way. Maybe when you're holding her hand. Be her protector. That wins her heart. " Suho spoke as soon as he finished chewing his side dish, thoughts coming from a single who's been trying to mingle but with no such glorious success.

" Okay, what about the one when we text?" Chen suddenly raised the question.

" I don't play games. I just reply when I reply. I don't wait for minutes to pass whenever we text. " Xiumin answered quickly to get to his burger quickly.

"That's cause you take forever to reply!" Luhan shouted from across the table, raising laughter from the group the moment he said the truth. The oldest didn't mind them, shrugging , and continued devouring two layers of patties as they laughed.

"Well well, someone here is quiet " While the laughter subsided, Kai focused his eyes on Kris who hasn't said a word, touched his food or made a side comment like he usually did. "Something wrong gege?" Tao bent forward to see his brother watching the other boys. The leader raised an eyebrow.

"Oh no, I was just listening to all of you. I was thinking." Kris avoided their gazes by unwrapping his burger.

" You have a girl? " Kai's tone raised eyebrows, chairs moving, the members bending over to hear and see what Kris' reaction would be. Everyone moved, but Tao decided to lean back and continue eating his food.

"Possibly. Maybe. I guess?"

" YOU LOST KAI! TOLD YOU  HE FOUND ONE! Remember 20,000 won each!" The maknae shouted. Chanyeol stood, high fiving Sehun hard for the victory they shared.

"Or he already had someone in mind before, and they're finally ... developing." Luhan sounded mysterious, bring back the attention to Kris.


"Oooh. Do tell.  What's going on Kris? You look so unsure of your status. " Chen wiggled his eyebrows,  curious what this man was about say.
                                                           
Sweaty hands grabbed on Luhan's venti caramel macchiato to take a sip, making it quick as not to 'Keep the audience waiting' . But with all honesty, it's Kris stalling. How does he put situation into words? Feelings stood alive inside. Yesterday they went out and those same feelings just grew as if it can even fit inside him. His heart  dropped to his stomach at the thought of lips touching, hands grazing, hearts racing. It was vivid, a story that can be shared not really a problem to solve.

"I just have that feeling"  a lighter tone of Kris came out. Usually, someone from the group would laugh or make fun of what he says.  
                                                           
"Down there" Sehun took a shot at making the group laugh

"How far have you gone? Second base... home run? " Kai asked as he ate his food, the conversation turned slow as people digested what's going on and not what's in their mouth.
                                                   
"Cheeks. And this feeling - it's more of here-" Kris' palm slowly crept to his chest, resting. Fingers drummed the table, the cold slithering through his Gastrointestinal tract.

Hands covering mouths and elbows hitting seatmates, signaling the start of murmurs.


"Just imagine Kris, his mouth " Baekhyun molded his moth, opening it as if he was reenacting a French kiss.

Chanyeol stopped his eyes from locking with Baekhyun's disgusting face by placing his hand in front of that view "Hold on. it's all general, how exactly did you manage to ask her to be your girlfriend?                           

There was the buzz from the lights, the hum of the air-conditioning unit all together that was followed by the laughter of everyone.

"Pfft. Don't tell me. Wait. No. TELL me you asked her to be your girlfriend" Luhan first to take a breath


 

"Seriously? " Xiumin stood up and wiped his mouth with a paper napkin.
"Huh?" Kris fell in an even more silent state, he was laughed at. For liking a person. It's none of their business, who are they if not all of them are in a relationship.

" You didn't ask your girl to be... your girl?" Xiumin clarified with Kris, his tone much more like a caring friend rather than annoying roommate

" I didn't. I have feelings. She does and it was practically sealed with a kiss." Kris looked up at the sky.

"Wow. Self proclaimed. Kris. how do you know she likes you ? You didn't have a question to confirm it. That's a mistake right there. "

"What is so confusing about a kiss!"

"That is it. How can you proclaim that you have a girl?"

"What? You need to ask so I can ' have her'? That sounds so wrong, it seems like she's just a prize to be won. " Kris answered with his deep voice, not close to listening.

"Don't you want that? Assurance that she likes you back? And if not then what you're doing is called assuming. I mean, it may even look like you just wanted to make out with each other , especially when there are alcoholic beverages or drugs included, no offense."

" Don't you think she'll like that? She has the assurance too. You're at least giving some safe ground for the both of you. See, it's not just you're happiness. You have to make sure that it is for the both of you. Besides, she's a girl. I feel that no matter how small or big your effort is in asking a girl out or confessing, however you need to show your emotions. She'll like it.

" So what you're saying is that, I need to ask her so that it's official.

"Get down on one knee and hope that it's a yes? YES KRIS ASK HER."

"That's easy. "

"Bet you 100,000 won even if I help you out, you will have a hard time."

"Game on. Promise me you will help out with the ideas. "  Kris smiled at his friend, happy for the advice he had gotten.

" I gotta know her first." Xiumin threw in another catch. Kris wasn't so hesitant. I'm always proud of the person I love, so there's no shame now.

"It's not hard to guess. She's in the building." Kris said plainly, holding back the idiot smile he knew that'll come every time the idea of Amber came to mind.  Xiumin's eyes grew wider, head turning towards the tall boy " Is it that trainee that Tao got you?! That total ?" Instantly, Kris' face fell, an obvious 'no'.

"Come on. It may be a bit obvious actually. Or maybe surprising on your part. Given the things people say about her, yes I like her." Kris tried to make it obvious, although it may be a bit vague on his end.

"Are you still gay? " Xiumin squinted, voice low, questioning seriously. That did it, Kris hated how his friends thought he was gay, how his feelings for Amber  were contained.

"No you baozi faced human being. It's Amber. The only Amber Liu  in the building"

 

 

 

 

*****

Author's Note: whenever I spell anything with K it becomes capital because of Kris' name and anything that starts with the letter 'c' turns into K hahaha. 

 do you think this boy can handle that confession? 

 

Can I just share this with you . I ugly cried for a minute I think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSCbbEzrgp4