ShiEr

She and He

When did you meet him? Henry started asking as soon as the food arrived. at their table.

" A few weeks back." Amber answered vaguely. The restaurant was too quiet for any interrogation. Actually, it's perfect for Henry's taste- quite the opposite of what people think of him.

"Details please dear." Henry said sweetly

"He's Chinese, grew up in Canada. Like you actually." Amber wasn't fascinated by the fact. Like me? How is that guy like me?

"He's a rapper. " Amber said in between bites. Henry did the same only in a classier way. He placed down his chopsticks.

"Amber. Details?" Henry waited for further  details but was taken aback by her words.

"That's it. Like he said, he's part of EXO the new boy-"

"Your serious? Nothing special? Not a genius? Nothing fancy? Henry said shocked to see Amber shaking her head from side to side. Then how on earth is he like me if he's not a genius like me? Henry took a sip of water.

"Oppa do you like him? What's wrong?" Henry chocked on the water as soon as Amber said it boldly- too bold.

"Amber you thing I'm gay?" Henry said, the shock not subsiding. With a  genius like him, everybody fell for him. His face is a plus, the fact that he grew up in Canada- prestigiously. Now, Amber. of all people asked if he liked, is attracted to, is falling for-  his competitor. Amber asking Henry if he was gay only meant one thing.

"Aren't you?" Amber said finishing up.

"Aren't you?" Henry shot back. Amber laughed at the backfire but just ignored the older boy's question. Silence grew and he hated that when he's with Amber. It meant emptiness. It meant the one thing.

"No Amber. No, I'm not gay. No, I don't like him. I absolutely don't like him. I like someone else, and I'm sure he like someone else as well. " Henry said as he watched Amber stand up. Whether or not Amber looked at him, whether or not Amber was really listening to a single word, Henry said it. Henry said it like it was a confession.

And still, the one thing mad it all complicated. Amber was 'blind'. Amber is blind to these things. Or played blind. Henry knew that from the beginning, Henry was sure that Amber's  blindness made her look the way she is. Making Amber be perceived as a boy. Amber's 'blindness' can be both an advantage and a disadvantage. Henry uses it as a way to hide the relationship between them. But Henry was unsure of what the Kris boy can do. Henry is unsure of the possibility that Amber would have to choose between them. It was a victory Henry couldn't foresee for himself - not even with Amber beside him.

*****

"Would anyone date a gay? or lesbian? Kris said while Luhan was doing nothing.

" I mean from the 'original' opposite . - Wait . Did you understand that?" Kris curled up from his bed to check if Luhan caught what he meant.

"Yes. I got it. A tomboy falling for a guy. A gay dude loving a girl. Gay loving a lesbian. Yes that can happen in this world. " Luhan said.

"Well. what does it take for it to happen?" Kris murmured loud enough for the other boys to hear.

"Maybe it's the same when you love any other special someone. I mean you know how love just changes people? When people are in love, there are some habits that break, then a different side of a person shows? Maybe the person will change back into 'his' or 'her' own self. " Luhan explained it to Kris not even aware where the advice came from. Logic maybe,  but love us just too complicated for logical arrangements.

" Why are we talking about this? Are you seriously gay? Luhan suddenly stood ready to leave the room.

" I.. I don't know. Change... can't totally affect us. or me." Or Amber. Kris thought of how often she would be so affected. Kris was lying down with one arm on his forehead as the other hand rested on his stomach , his hand griping his phone.

How often did he feel this way? The tickle spot that grew into something warm and fuzzy, at times making him worried about someone or making him smile. Not so often. Even back in Canada, it was like this for a gorgeous girl. It's not an alien feeling, after the countless times I've seen it in the movies. I've felt for my ex-girlfriend. But now, for that girl? Lesbian?

"What is she, anyway?" Kris whispered inaudible for Luhan but still made the deer eyed boy raise his eyes to see what Kris was doing.  Kris sighed deeply, staring back at the white ceiling he's now getting used to after months of dorm life.

"What are you thinking of?" Luhan just had to ask, he had to look out for Kris- even if he was in a stage between 'gay' and 'guy'.

"Thinking if I'm gay or not." Thinking why is Amber such a guy. Kris said and started to get paranoid. He raised the phone from his stomach just to check if he missed his phone's vibration. The lock screen showed the backdrop with no '1 message' or notification. Kris squeezed his phone and let it fall back down on his stomach once again.

"How long does it take for a guy to text? Three days right?" Kris turned his head to look at Luhan who was already under his blanket.

"And... you as the girl? Yeah. But as a bro myself, he's doing you a favor if he message you after like, ninety-six hours." Luhan hesitated to say the first, Kris as the girl in his growing relationship with whoever, but he had to answer him.

" UGH. Why do we have to be bros? " Kris cursed and rolled his eyes. Luhan on the other hand was so shocked with Kris' words. Does he regret being a guy? Luhan thought. He has good looks, the height, the talent.

"Aigoo! This can't be real. Just go to bed. We all have a schedule tomorrow remember? " Luhan pinched himself after realizing that he was describing Kris as if he was praising the tall boy lying on the other bed.

Kris hated the feeling. Even if everyone approved of the fuzzy feeling inside them, right now was not the perfect situation for Kris. Not when he didn't know which side Amber is on. Not when he still didn't receive any texts from Amber. Stupid ninety-six hour bracket.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

I have no plans of abondoning this story, but I do give you the right to bug me every now and then. I was really caught up with special exams and now my finals are coming in a month O.O ( is it just me or something is wrong with my schedule? )

For kpcruz5232, thank you for waking me up. I've stayed in reality for too long <3

Just imagine this in SM. Holy mother of sweet apple pies. Just imagine that. Imagine Kris and Amber...