ShiBa

She and He

 

"What's your name?" A sweet girl's voice was heard despite the  voices from the other trainees. She only had a thin plain white v-neck that showed the outline of her bra, above-the-knee shorts, and sneakers. To match, her face was as sweet as her voice, charming people with her smile.

Tao was glad enough to ask the trainee's name, which he didn't really catch with the flutters in his chest. flutters signifying his nervousness. Kris on the other hand, had his cool face on, pure confidence that he can take this way better than Tao. Except for memorizing the names the trainees said every time Tao would talk to the a girl . Ji Hye. Sweet innocent smile equals Ji Hye.

"Gege why are there so many girls? Why are we doing this again? " Tao asked in a soft voice, looking tired from the few girls he had to talk, just to begin a conversation and let Kris do everything else.

"So Ji Hye. Wanna hang out as soon as training is over?" Kris' look was innocent, going for the kill.

He had to. He ignored Tao and his question as he did it.

"Why not? We can eat dinner nearby "Kris listened to what Ji Hye just said. This girl is perfect. She's up for the game. Kris half smirked and gave a sly smile at Ji Hye confirming their hang out.

"Can we go now?" Tao said in annoyance, giving up on the idea that Kris was with flirting with one fourth of the number of present trainees. Half because that was the number of girls in the room and another half because they were the only ones who were counted as hot or 'datable' if  he wasn't in this kind situation. Just if I wasn't in this kind of situation.

Kris thought of the plan as soon as he left, planning the most probable time, she would leave.

Probably going on a fricking date.  Kris thought and started to kick the wall as soon as he thought of it.  

*****

Amber left the studio, moving to the staircase. As soon as the other members left her to head to the parking lot, Amber raised back to the studio and took a peek inside.

"Pssst. You done? The kids are about to get in the car." Amber kept her voice low as soon as she saw Victoria typing.

"Yeah. I just told the driver they can drop the three home, since I'm running late. You go text him after."

"What do I tell him?" Amber asked, sounding abit dumb for the situation.

"Just tell him you're going out for your walk like before." Victoria said obviously and waited for the lift.

"Then we meet outside, by the corner-" Victoria was cut off as soon as she was pushed into the empty lift.

"I know honey. I know. I'll meet you in twenty minutes." Amber poked Victoria's side and held the door open. Checking if the coast was clear, they hid under the camera as Victoria pecked Amber's cheeks.

"I'll take the stair so they don't notice." Amber exited and pressed 'G' and took the stairs.

*****

"Kris. Stop staring into space. We can go home now. " Luhan said, patting the tall guy's back as soon as he noticed that he was left behind.

"Were you actually daydreaming again, gege?" Chen  bent sideways to find the leader still standing there.

"uh-no." It was more of a nightmare, come to think of it. Kris answered Chen and checked his pockets. Wallet. Phone. Hair and ...

"Kris?" The girl. Ji Hye.  Kris spun around with his melting smirk to find Ji Hye with her small bag over her shoulder.

"Ready?"  Kris said and the responsive Ji Hye nodded her head in delight.

 

Twenty minutes of taking the subway, plus the start of the rush hour caught Ji Hye's patience. Kris had to endure the annoyance, even if he wasn't sure that this was going to work.

"We're here. " Kris said with a sigh, pushing the door for her to enter.

"Finally! I thought I'd still have to sweat in order to eat here!" Ji Hye rollled her eyes and placed the menu between them.

Kris took a deep breath and in the courage he had to have to find out how this was going to go.  Before he could actually move out of his chair, Kris read the message once again.

 

Text from: Choi Min Ho

                Amber likes the mixture of the kimchi fries in that restaurant. She usually visits at 6: 30 or 8 if training is late. Might wanna be early since it gets full easily.

 

Kris stood quietly, knowing that Ji Hye will surely have to take time choosing from the menu. Still, he wanted to be kind to any girl as possible.

"I'm heading to the rest room. " Kris stood and started to walk towards the bathroom only he didn't enter. Instead, from that point of view, he started looking for the familiar face that was supposedly carried the name Amber.

 In the terrible clouds outside and the kind of lighting the place had, Kris had to squint to focus on faces. Emphasis on those in hoodies, he had to move around without getting caught, but he was sure, nobody inside the room was Amber  after checking twice, thrice and instead sat back down.

"I ordered the salad and the stew they said they're known for. What are you having?" Ji Hye smiled at the waiter then to Kris as if she wasn't annoyed and annoying 5 minutes ago. Chimes were heard signaling the entrance of another customer that stormed in and a waiter starting to get the other customer's order.

"I'll just be having- "

"I'll just be having my burrito and my favorite kimchi fries please!"

" Sir?" The waiter bent down to hear Kris even if Kris was frozen in place.

"I-I'll be having that." Kris mumbled. It was true that was what he wanted for starters.

"Which one sir?" The waiter came closer to look at which one he was staring at on the menu.

" Burrito and kimchi fries. " Kris said, avoiding to repeat what he just heard from the other table.  That's what he wanted, even if he was looking for something else inside the restaurant. To be clear, someone else inside the restaurant.

Kris kept his silence, even if there was a pretty girl in front of him. It's not like he was avoiding Ji Hye, he just wanted to foucs... On someone else.

" So what are your plans?" Ji Hye started the mini interview with Kris, leaning forward as she said it. Sadly she was still alone on this one and some things just ruined the moment.

"Your Seafood Salad , ma'am" The waiter came back with the salad and left quickly, with the number of tables there was to serve. It was no joke full, but still bearable.

Kris' ears was still less sensitive to what he had to hear that came from the person in front of him, as if he was tuning into the conversation behind him.  Totally no familiar voice- not even another girl's voice.

She's alone... Why would she be alone?

How on earth do I even sneak a peek without looking stupid in front of this trainee?

The thought of borrowing Ji Hye's mirror- if ever she did have one- was possible but he didn't want to express himself... as a total gay. Or yet, if ever the person behind him is  the person he suspected it to be caught him, he'd be humiliated.

"Earth to Kris!"

"Oh, I just want to be with the team. I feel like it's going to be a good experience. " Kris said bluntly, but returned to his own thoughts even if the sweet girl in front of him, playing with her hair.

Mirrors? that's out of the list.

 What if I just...

The bell started ringing, calling on the waiter  who was still busy serving the table at the far corner.

" Great but I was talking about plans for tonight? Why the sudden--" Ji Hye

"YAH! ONE ORDER OF BURRITO AND KIMCHI FRIES IS READY!" The cook shouted from the small window to call the waiter's attention but failed.

 " Ji Hye, if you'd excuse me... I'll just be getting the order. " Being the kind boy that he is, Kris stood to just get his order, with Ji Hye's eyes enjoying the sight of Kris' innocent smile.

Kris walked to the window, and reached the tray of Kimchi fries and the burrito, only to find another pair of hands grabbing on them.

"HEY! Those are mine!" Kris looked to find a grumpy Amber.  The wind was still, no the AC wasn't broken, rather it was Kris keeping still, his breathing paused and returned for him to speak softly.

"Amber."

"K-Kris? " Amber's voice was, for the first time, shaky as soon as she spoke. She tried to keep the grip on the tray she held, making sure it wouldn't spill and she wouldn't stumble backwards.

" Hi, I can explain things-" The words left his mouth as if they had wheels and something else drove them out. Amber stood there wanting to know what it was about, even after the cold days she's been having with him.

" I didn't mean-- I - Why are you? Argh" Kris stuttered,frustrating himself in the process. He didn't expect this to happen and he didn't know what to say to Amber with all that's been going on in his head.

"... This is my order. " Amber said avoiding any form of stupidity, any form of conversation that might lead to a bad night.

Kris didn't want any argument to happen, not like the one with the leather jacket and slowly his grip on the tray loosened, even if his eyes never darted away from Amber's. Kris, slowly pushed it towards Amber giving up on the food. But I'm not giving up this mission. Not on Amber.

" Thanks. " Amber said numbly , with a bit of a sad tone and rushed back to where she sat. Eyes glued, Kris saw that the table was for two, with only one occupied. Staring into space, Kris watched Amber start peeling the burrito-

" ONE ORDER OF BURRITO, KIMCHI FRIES, AND BEEF STEW!" The cook shook Kris' mind awake, his attention now on the tray he knew that was really for his table.

 

 

*****

Of all the people. It had to be the one person I'm close to avoiding? Like really? Amber sat straight, peeling half of the burrito and digging in.

 Stupid little... Why did we end up like this anyway? I mean, he wasn't like this before right? Or should I be aware of any mental illness? Any code I forgot about bipolar bros?

And what is this? Suddenly seeing him here. I never thought any idol would sit in this kind of place. Maybe a few like Junmyoon or Minho but they don't appreciate mexican food like Min young or... Kris. Does he even like Mexican?

"Amber.  Come, sit here. " Kris' lips flattened into a line as soon as he caught Amber's attention. It's like he looked sick, but still he managed, to grab the food on the table and bring it to his own.

"Yah, Give my food back!" Amber stood, burrito in hand. Chasing the figure that sat down with the food she was supposed to be eating.

"Kris, I need my food you idiot. - Oh god, who are YOU?" Amber stood still at the sight of Kris' companion. The see through shirt, playing with the hair, cavity sweet smile. Pretty. But why is she with Kris?

"Nice to meet you too Sunbae . I'm Ji Hye. " Ji Hye emphasized her 'politeness' after what she just heard from Amber's reaction.

"Come sit down. She wanted you here. " Kris said coldly and started eating his own Kimchi fries.

Who are you to frickin order me around after ignoring me you little...? Amber's annoyance ran wild as soon as he heard Kris say things monotonously.

"Sunbae, don't you think Kris is just amazing? He just said he can speak english." Ji Hye said boldy receiving a smirk from the Kris that was almost done with his fries.

" I can speak English too. " Amber said bluntly. Why the hell am I even here?

" He asked me out earlier today. During training..." Ji Hye continued, and Kris didn't know if this was part of his plan or this was just going to end bad. He didn't even know if that feeling was because the kimchi is too old or it really was the bad feeling.

" You guys are on a date?" Amber leaned back, her fingers not advancing to the tray of fries.

"Right, Oppa? You even agreed on going somewhere after-" Amber cut her off by slapping the table and standing up to leave.

"You should've said you were just going to flirt in front of me. What the hell are you trying to tell me, Kris? Damn it. " Amber looked at Kris hard as she said it all in English.

" Go ahead and use Google translate. " Amber spat at Ji Hye and left.

 

 

 

*****

Author's Note: Merry Krismas!My back is in pain but this was worth the time haha

 hugs to all... I  missed writting for you guys :(

have you seen Amber dancing in heels yet? Check instagram !  

Sending my best wishes from my family to yours, Happy Holidays!

~Na'V^_^