Ershi

She and He

 

"Can I be honest?" Amber was beaded with sweat and ignored the basketball that was thrown towards her direction. She spoke and made her way towards the bleachers of the public court, leaning back her knees spread like any teenage boy.

"What ?" Kris chased the ball he threw and placed it down on the floor to push Amber's knees close and held it together.

" I can't let go of a conversation or an argument if we haven't been to the bottom of it all. " Amber said and gave a small 'tsk' after in annoyance of Kris' long fingers keeping hold of her knees together. She bounced them up and down to get his hands off, and finally crossed her legs like a lady.

"What you're saying is...?" Kris towered over her eyebrows meeting in question, until Amber tapped the spot beside her, telling him to sit.

"What I'm saying is I can feel like there's something else. I want to know what happened the last time. Why it happened."

 

It was a long time for Kris to in another round of oxygen. He contemplated long enough that he had the thought Amber could be doubting him. What is there to doubt about?

Remember that day you told me about your shoot with Victoria? I had doubts. About feelings. Mine and yours.

, I pray she doesn't get mad.

I wanted to know if you're dating Victoria, or maybe liked girls in general.

I'm jealous.

I like you.

No Kris now is not the time to confess. Not when you're unstable. When you're even unsure of your own feelings, damnit.

How on earth do I even put this in words?

 

"So tell me. " Amber's voice came strong, bringing Kris back to earth.

"You asked for it. But I need you to tell me you won't get mad. " Kris' eyes softened, pleading for Amber to cooperate with him. Amber nodded gladly.

"That day, you told me about the magazine. I grew... anxious? Fine. I got frustrated over it. I got curious when I saw your pictures with Victoria. I wasn't used to it and I didn't know how to go about it. After finding out the possibilities about what you are-

"Are you assuming-" Amber started to rise from the bench but Kris pulled on her hand to calm her, to let her sit back down and give her the attention he deserved after promising she wouldn't get mad.

"Let me explain and finish- After finding out the possibilities, I just wanted to test where you fell, which category. BUT- but I figured that was wrong. I didn't want to be disrespectful to you. I learned that I was wrong. That's why I'm sorry. I'm sorry for doing that in front of you with Ji Hye. For trying to make you jealous, though it turned me more into a douche bag. " Kris came clean, with the explanation- just not how he felt. He held that part back, he couldn't just say it.

But it's not like I can avoid you. Not with the way I feel.

Amber huffed. She absorbed it like a sponge under the sea, her face showing anger, but Kris' hand on hers, kept her from exploding.

"Well... I promised I won't get mad. But really? Why does everyone bother with my preferences?" Amber said in anger. Kris on the other hand, attempted to understand her side, though it was disappointing.

"So are you telling me you-"

"No I'm not telling you anything. I'm just stressed over that fact. I'll give you credit for attempting to make me jealous. I- " Amber stopped mid explanation and breathed deeply.

"Tell me what's on your mind. What do you want to know?" Amber didn't face Kris, her head resting on her palm as  her back faced Kris. Kris' heart was pounding from what can happen with what she just said. It was real, but he didn't want to abuse the fact that he can learn anything about Amber now. Kris was a person who respected Amber's privacy.

Just one question? Maybe?

Kris moved forward placing his hands on her shoulders and started massaging Amber's shoulder blades.

"Relax. I'm sorry for making you like this. I was just so - affected?"

"So I'm giving you the opportunity to ask now. " Kris finally sat close to Amber again, looking at her face, even if Amber didn't have the strength to look at him now.

"I'm sure, I'm not the only one curious- Rest your head. " Kris gave sweet smile and let Amber's body fall down, letting her head rest on his lap. It was a bold move but thought it was just being kind. Maybe not as a bro, possibly his gentleman side taking over.

They both set aside the awkwardness. they didn't think of what others may thing- heck they didn't even know what they were. In that instant, Amber just looked up at Kris' face, keeping her calm. Unexpectedly, she was able to let go of her own thoughts. At the same time, Kris was more daring. He was praying the extra pounding in his heart wasn't exaggerated and heard by the human ear.

"Let's make a deal. We both get to ask one question. At the same time. " Amber proposed after seeing that Kris still wouldn't relax. The feeling wasn't fair, she didn't want to be the only one feeling relaxed.

"Not fair. You already know what I'm about to ask." Kris said , taking his turn in avoiding Amber's funny yet adorable eyes.

"At least that way, you can ask me directly and get an answer, don't you think?" Amber folded her hands on her stomach, looking up at Kris' fine jaw line.

"Ready?" Amber tempted.

":WAIT!" Kris shrieked, causing Amber to laugh lightly.

"1-2-3"Amber counted and thought if she should ask him,

"Are you gay?" They asked in unison. Kris managed to face Amber his gaze sad holing Amber's eyes in his.

" Boyish. I don't like girls now or in the near future." Amber answered flatly. It was the truth though. Loving sports had the consequence of looking like a boy sometimes. Convenience too made her look like a boy. But that doesn't mean I'd want anybody like Victoria as my life partner.

"Oh. Wait- What did you ask?"  Kris sad gaze was broken as soon as his eyes widened and his back straightened.

"Why would you ask if I'm gay?" Kris was asking back, receiving a frown from the one lying on his lap telling him to answer the question.

" I'm a man, Amber." Kris said flatly, looking at Amber's new expression. She looked as if she would be happy to hear if he was gay. Should that even be a good thing?

 

Amber kept her eyes on his eyes, seeing that he was telling the truth, but just wanted be such an annoyance, a tease really.

"Oh really now? A man?  Then show me how you're so much of a man, Kris Wu" Amber set the challenge for the boy whose face was just above hers.

"Isn't that asking for too much?" Kris raised an eyebrow, questioning her.

"That's up to what you'll show me. " Amber shrugged forgetting that she was on his lap again. For an odd reason, Amber felt safe,  even with the kind of topic. She watched, his torso rising as he breathed deeply and-

"Amber?" Kris called her name even if he wasn't looking down at Amber. Amber's head tilted in curiosity, then Kris looked down, eyes on her once again.

"What? What's wrong?" She asked, but instead of answering, his  funny pink lips formed into the warm smile she was most familiar of, his eyes growing a bit small as he did .

"Hold still." Kris voice grew lower and spoke softly, his gaze was calm and soon  a warm hand on rested on Amber's cheek to guide the himself to her. Her eyes kept its focus on his, is this seriously happening? She waited, but found her back arching up slowly to meet him half way- it was patience growing a bit shorter by the millisecond , their eyelids dropped to a close, both heart unexpectedly quickened at the situation.

"Don't fall asleep, Amber."

Kris was laughing at her lightly, finding his control over himself.

Let me reserve that move for a special day.

"YAH! I HATE YOU! That wasn't manly!" Amber's cheeks burned and hit Kris' chest lightly laughing along with him, finding comfort with him, as she rested her head on his lap. It was light, happy. It was light to the heart, happiness to both Kris and Amber.

 

 

*****

Author's Note: I need to see my inspiration :( 

Who now has a girlfriend in another country.

Aigoo. 

somebody needs to get his brows done. just a tad...

kidding >.<

Imagine this face, infront of his face:

Happy New Year, yeorubun! 

~Na'V^_^

 

One more:

sasseeeeeeh.