ShiYi

She and He

 

Amber came from the staircase her hood up over her head ready to head out. As the last one to leave, she had all her free time to herself but that didn't she'd really be alone. From her back pocket, Amber grabbed her phone to check on Kris' messages.

"Crap. I forgot we didn't exchange numbers." Amber thought of going back up and look for Kris. It won't be so hard anyway. Without hesitation, Amber looked through the doors. Some were frosted and  still tried to find a way to check if Kris was inside. Amber took a glance at watch seeing that it was too early for him to leave maybe they'd bump into each other sometime later -

"AMBER?!" Amber didn't have time to check as to who it was, She was knocked off, losing balance when a body crushed hers into a hug.

"I missed you! I missed you so much!" The boy hugging her swayed them together side to side.

"Henry." Amber laughed as she heard the voice, his familiar scent filling her nose.

"Glad you remember your boy" Henry laughed at the sound of Amber saying his name.

"Why would I forget you, Henry?"  Amber said, pulling away from the hug. Amber's grew wide at the sight of Henry. It wasn't him in  a sleeveless shirt or the feel of his biceps under Amber's hands, that was nothing. Still, Henry was growing different.

"It's been a while. You've been busy eh?" Amber said as they made their way to the end of the hall.

"Yeah, and you still take the stairs?" Henry looked back and forth at Amber and the stairs as soon as he was greeted by the number of steps going down . Amber eye rolled and descended the stairs.

"I'm not kidding, I really miss you a lot, Amber." Henry gave a gentle smile, looking at her as soon as he said it. Though they were in front of the staff of SM and a few other people, Henry didn't hesitate to admit it.

"Missed you too, dude. It's really been a while." Amber said with emotion but her eyes scanned through the lobby.

"Silly Amber! How did you live without me? " Henry suddenly joked, placing his arm over Amber's shoulders. Henry made sure nobody 'misunderstood' his gesture and looked at the person by help desk who's eyes widened at the sight.

"I just did. Anyway, I've been looking for this person. I don't have his number but I just need it. " Amber brought up the topic, soon as she wasn't able to find a tall boy in their lobby.

"And who is the boy you're looking for?" Henry felt something grow inside of him. Worry, that was usually absent when he's around Amber. He watched Amber focus on other things aside from his presence.

"His name is Kris. Tall guy. He's part of the latest boy group?" Amber described. Henry was familiar with him actually. He didn't have his number but somehow knew his face.

"No honey, I don't. Sorry, I don't have his number." Henry said but the worry grew a bit more inside of him. Soon the figure Amber was looking for emerged from the elevator with Henry following her gaze. Quickly, Henry changed the scene.

"Dude, wanna have dinner?" Henry asked amber out in the manliest manner he could, catching Amber's eye when he hit her arm playfully.

"Sorry, dude. I have plans already." Amber said and returned to search where Kris headed to. Henry on the other hand sighed, knowing what was about to come. Soon the support on Henry's arm resting around Amber disappeared, his hand falling to his side.

"Kris ! Over here!" Amber half shouted in the lobby to catch the tall boy's attention.

 

*****

All 12 boys were panting. Sweating. Not to mention hungry. Kris though, had all the energy to move around. He was smiling once their session was over.

"Can someone scrub Kris' face? He's been smiling at the wrong time and it's creeping me out " Luhan said to the other boys.

"Yeah hyung, you've been weird lately..." Chen commented.

"AND GAY!"  Chanyeol and Xiumin chorused. Only those who were at the session with JQ got what they said but a few other started to take it too seriously, like Suho and Tao.

"REALLY?! I mean I'm not judging you. I'm just taking precautionary measures." Suho said and moved towards his gym bag.

Tao's eyes looked as if they're helpless. Or tearing of...joy? Instead of actually answering  anybody to defend himself, Kris motioned towards Suho. Kris didn't know how to start the conversation so he just started asking questions.

"You're close with Minho of Shinee right?" Kris asked Suho as he packed his stuff. Suho looked as to who it was but only gave a nod to answer.

"Great. How about Amber? From f(x)?" Kris said in a happy tone.

"Yeah. What's with Amber? Did anyone hurt Amber? " Suho stopped moving and looked up at Kris. Despite the age and height gap, Suho looked at Kris in the eye defensively.

"OH! NO! Nothing's wrong. I just met Amber..." Kris stopped  Suho's mind from thinking about the worst scenarios.

"I was just thinking. Is Amber that popular? " Kris started as Suho hung his bag over his shoulder.

"Let's walk and talk." Suho said seeing that the other boys left the room already.  Like a good boy, , Kris followed Suho to the lighted hallway. Silence was between them and Kris really wanted to get some answers.

"So about earlier...Is Amber popular here? Like with guys?" Kris said looking at his phone.

" Yeah, Amber is like that, knows pretty much a lot of guys here .Well aside from the fact that Amber trains here, she's one of the boys. " Suho finally said.

"Th-that's all I needed to know." Kris stopped walking, after finding out the odd thing.

"I'm supposed to have dinner out with this dude. You go ahead. I'll find my way home." Kris said as soon as he laid his eyes on a gray hoodie standing beside someone else.

 

Kris ' strong look was on, it's not that it was a habit but rather he wasn't so surprised to see his friend with someone else. Even if Amber and he aren't so close as the other guy Amber was just with he honestly felt the pang of jealousy. He's honest about that fact but doesn't mean he was in favof of someone else.

"Kris ! Over here!" Kris heard Amber calling his attention even if he already knew . Kris had his eyes on the other boy

"You know it took me a while to look for you. I don't even have your number in my phone. Did you know that?" Amber said jokingly at the tall boy standing in front, mindlessly doing their hand shake. Amber's smile died down as soon as she saw Kris looking elsewhere, not paying attention.

"He's just a good friend, bro." Amber said after seeing what Kris was staring at. Still, Kris' mind wasn't in the area. Amber was dying to head out or at least something to happen. With Kris' hand still in Amber's after the handshake, Amber decided to shake it.

"YAAAAAH. KRIS. LOOK AT ME, PLEASE." Amber shook his hand vigorously, waking Kris.

"There you go, that's right. Welcome back to earth." The young one greeted sarcastically continuing her monologue.  Kris was surprised to hear what Amber just said. It was unusual of Amber to say those things. Amber wanted me to look at her.

"S-sorry. I was thinking of where we could eat. " Kris said looking down at the childlike Amber. And it required to see if your friend will make a move anytime tonight.

"Before we leave, I need your phone." Amber said not even letting Kris say 'yes' and took Kris' phone from his grip. Kris didn't mind that, rather he minded the familiar idol walking their way.

"Hi, is there anything wrong here? " Amber's friend said as if he was a police officer on patrol. Naturally Amber's friend placed his arm around Amber, then let his eyes move to Kris.

" No, oppa...Just fixing things." Amber answered innocently.

"Hi. I'm Kris" Kris offered his hand for a formal shake.

"Pleasure to meet you. I'm Henry. Henry Lau." Henry took the offer of a hand shake and gave a deadly smile.

"You ready? Let's eat out." Henry waited for Amber to return Kris' phone but instead received a pout.

"But I already have plans...with Kris...tonight." Amber told Henry honestly, breaking his confidence. It was a tough competition though Kris had plans with Amber first, Henry was much more fond of her and commanding, having a good influence on Amber. Kris didn't want to lose, he knew his 'bro' Amber can defend him.

"You would understand, right Kris?"

Did he really? Would Kris understand?  Kris grabbed on to his phone gently , saying no words, no reaction still with what Henry wanted to get across. . The pang of jealousy for Kris wasn't a pang anymore. Frustration started growing as well, the possible scenarios playing in his head, but Kris kept his silence.

"I mean, Amber and I haven't seen each other recently and I miss her so much. We're planning to catch up tonight. Henry practically declared Amber slipped Kris' phone back in his hands but looked him straight in the eyes.

"Kris, I-" With a sigh Amber was cut off. Kris gave a small smile, somewhat sad.

"It's alright. I do understand. Bro, it's fine." Kris patted Amber's shoulders, even if Henry's arm draped over it.

Kris thought he was really in defeat So much for the  hang out.  He thought of the friendship he had with Amber and compared it to that of Henry's. It was frustrating.

"Thanks Kris. I knew you were smart!" Henry said with a happy voice, pulling Amber along.

"Take care, I'll see you soon." Amber said in a different tone-Disappointed- that's what it sounded like. Ignoring Henry, Kris waved good bye and in a matter of seconds Amber and Henry were out of the lobby.

 

"Amber!" Kris shouted rushing towards the door. Even with defeat from Henry that took Kris' time away with Amber, Kris needed something, at least words to reassure him of his friendship with his 'bro '.

"What - What did you do to my phone?"  Kris asked the first thing that came in mind

" I placed my number and got yours! " Amber shouted, looking over her shoulder.

"We need to stay in touch bro. We have to. CAUSE WE'RE BROS!"  Amber said proudly and a wide grin spread across her face.

 

 

 

*****

Author's Note: I know I know. It took me the longest time to update. I had to leave for a week without notice and I have these tests coming up again. 

Bonus for the beautiful people out there