She and He

Kris watched Luhan go after the boys, making sure the coast is clear. For some reason, Kris didn't know what got into him. He looked up seeing the array of hand rails right above him. Slowly he ascended to the floor they were just at.

Just maybe. Probably out of my mind. Kris said in his mind. If the others saw him right now, they'd comment on Kris' unusual behavior. Maybe it's just his plain curiosity. Kris took a peak down, seeing none of the boys, hearing no particular friend or the like and soon he went up.

Wu Yi Fan, this is none of your business. His conscience argued with his actions but it wasn't like that when he finally started walking down another hallway. Where to start? Kris thought about how this situation would go: I'll take a peak, see if I can find what I need then heaven will lead the rest?

Kris found his gift of height a disadvantage, if he wanted to hide- he couldn't totally crouch down and peak through the window, could he? From a distance, he checked the first room despite the lights switched off inside. Moving quickly, he checked from a cross the hallway the second room, with a bunch of girls lying around, a few others stretching.. Well, that's ...weird. Practice is always intense here. Kris moved on to the third room only to be met by darkness. He was calmer, sure that nobody was inside, but he didn't mind checking the room, just to make sure.

"What on earth are you doing?" A voice startled Kris, making him back away from the small window. Kris saw who it was but looked down at his feet and pushed his hands inside his back pocket.

Third time's the charm?

" Earth to Canadian dude? " The figure waved her hand in front of Kris' face , as he attempted to look away once again. Kris' mind went blank. When he saw the girls running down accompanied by Luhan's note that they were the members of fx, he just had the urge to find or even 'bump' into that one extraordinary-scratch that-unique person. Apparently, Kris didn't have a plan once he found her. But in this case, she found him. He didn't have a plan if he got caught either.

"Be that way, a stranger-" She started walking away

"WAIT!" Kris tried stopping her from leaving him. Kris turned his head and found the person looking back at him. He didn't think twice and let the space between them fade to being two feet away. She  looked at him, this time without being annoyed at him, nor being disturbed by his usual cold stare.

"Can we hang? As in just hang out. I mean, like me tailing along. Like fri-" Kris was cut off by a hand in front of his face.

"I get what hang is. Come on." She said , giving a- the first proper- smile to the person who's been giving an uncomfortable situation.

Silence filled bubble they were in, just like Kris' mind once again. It was unlike of him, it was uncool for the cool Kris to have no plans or a plan  for such a simple situation. Under the lamp streets, they walked with both of them look at their own feet, once in a while seeing where the other was going -towards the unknown destination.

"Do you-" Both said and stopped as soon as they heard the other start talking.

"You go f-" They said in unison once again, this time they looked at each other. As if it was one of those moments, they held each other's gaze and like friends--laughter erupted.

"No really, do you even have any plans?" Kris finally planed to just go with whatever plan he was about to hear until

"Nopes, I'm just going home since I skipped dinner anyway. How 'bout you?" She  answered proudly. On the other hand, Kris felt like face palming himself. With a hint of shyness, Kris shook his head to say ' no, sorry, I don't have any plans either'.  I have no plans. She has no plans. Great job. Kris thought. Kris dug his palms into the pocket of his hoodie, walking side by side and tried to keep the conversation.

"But I saw your teammates running down the stairs earlier, why weren't you with them?"  Kris asked to fill the silence.

"Those pabos had different plans and took the van. They're all back at the dorm by now, but I prefer to take it slow and just walk." She answered decently and didn't bother to look at Kris.

"What's up with you? How come you don't have plans?" Curiosity wasn't the reason for the question, probably instincts but she  asked anyway.

I did have a plan-I was about to eat dinner with the group, then my friend saw girls pass by and said they're part of fx .I remember you said you're part of them and I waited .But you didn't show up so I just gave him money to treat the others and came looking for you, and magically, you found me first. Right. From the physical appearance, the person beside Kris had the capacity to hit him hard if the true explanation was revealed.

"I was about to buy dinner for the guys then something came up after that, I just lost them." Kris narrated quickly and shrugged in the end.

"Sending a text is helpful you know." She answered with a tone, cause Kris to feel something like disappointment. It's not like he has a mind of a kid -probablly still does­ - but it was sad to hear the tone, as if the company, being him, was rather useless, unentertaining, not worth the keep.

"Let's just say I wanted something different. Besides I don't want to be the one to pay extra." Kris shrugged off the heavy feeling in his chest, stating more than half of his true intentions in what he just said.

"That makes sense. I do that too, that's one of the reasons why I walk. " She  explained as they turned the alley full of street shops and food. Kris felt like eating a lot with what he was seeing around him. Before Kris' stomach started screaming at him, something else sounded off. Kris held his stomach checking if it really wasn't him and looked at her. She saw Kri's eyes dart toward her stomach and made eye contact.

"Told you, I skipped dinner. Most days. For the past few months" She laughed at the stupid reason keeping her normal pace.

"And you torture yourself by passing by this alley on most days? " Kris wondered why she was like this. A normal person would've entered the closest samgyeupsal grill house as soon as they turned this alley. Kris was walking a bit behind seeing the features of the person he was with. The baggy yet cool outfit that didn't match the body that was wearing them. The cropped hair styled like punk would if he saw her or simply the way her head turned to see what the shops had in store.  His question was dodged but he wasn't just here to be a tail.

"You've got Korean Won, alien?" Kris shot as he stared at the  few shops he was familiar with.

"No, why?" She let her foot fall hard on the slope like street, following Kris' gaze.

"This'll be my treat then, come on." Kris couldn't take it anymore- He grabbed her arm, dragging her into a ramyun house hearing no complaints from the person but receiving the stare of the worker inside.

 

 

Two orders of ramyun with five side dishes were placed on the table by the server, nodding lighly before leaving them alone to enjoy the meal.

"Dude, are you sure? Aren't we all supposed to watch our diet?" The alien spoke but her fingers reached out to the metal pair of chopsticks and spoon. With a flick of  her  head to the side, she adjusted her bangs out of her face.

"When you're with me, don't think about it. Just relax, eat well, okay?" Kris said, knocking half of the wall that was between them for the past few encounters. He didn't mean to scare her. He was just intrigued- curious about the person in front of him. She nodded and started eating silently. Kris slurped the strand of noodles and stopped eating to see her chow down the food. A phone buzzed and quickly, she  grabbed out her phone-nodding in agreement. Kris laughed at the moment, surprising her.

"Did you just nod at your phone as if it was a person?" Kris dared to make fun of her gestures.

"Well, do you just stare at people?" She shot back, grabbing onto some side dish with a mean stare for Kris.

"Weird alien!" Kris rolled his eyes and continued eating.

"Creepy Canadian Dude." She said in a tone followed by a sip of the hot soup. Surprisingly, she was close to finishing the bowl of ramen.  It wasn't pure silence- the ramyun house was buzzing and their bickering added to it. Kris quickly finished his bowl ramyun. He looked at her, texting and scrolling down her  phone.

"Come on, Alien. Let's get going." Kris stood and walked to pay for their food. He waited for his change and found her walking with the same annoyed face.

"Is your face always like that?"  Kris said in annoyance obviously getting tired of the expression

"I have a name, canadian dude." She left the restaurant, pulling her hood up as she answered back.

" I have one too, alien. And I'm not totally Canadian." Kris stated the fact ignoring his chance of getting proper answers and continued with the childish arguments. Though they just ate, they were brisk walking. Kris didn't have a hard time catching up but knew that if they kept it up, they'd have stomach aches.

"Fine then what are you? Half a post?" She breathed only to be pulled back into a slower pace by a  huge left hand on her shoulder.

"I'm Chinese. I just moved to Canada after a few years. " Kris looked at her eyes when he spoke out. He was tired of facing the huge wall between them. Kris hated how she was always slipping away. They'd hang out but every time, she'd start a quarrel with what he said, or avoid him. It was just like false hope.  Unknowingly, they stopped in the middle of the pedestrian, Kris eyes looked as if they had a mix of anger but pleading her  to hear him out.

"S-sorry. For walking fast. I didn't mean to..." She broke away first, looking at her own two feet. Kris looked letting the cold form white clouds from his exhale.

"So Chinese? Fan zai zhongguo?"  She started strolling down again, looking at Kris for the answer.

"Guangdong- in Guangzhou " Kris stated quickly as he saw her nodding at him satisfied with his answer.

"-Wait did you just--? Speak in mandarin?" Kris face changed from the drama they had earlier. He did a double take as the person beside him started smiling widely- close to laughing hard.

"Where did you learn then? To speak I mean" Kris questioned  her with delight to know.

"My family's part Taiwanese. I just do, I guess." She shrugged, her  smile still there. After answering back in a local language.

"Well that breaks our language barrier , huh?" Kris said, following her  as she made it across the pedestrian lane that lead to rows of buildings.

"Yeah, man. Mandarin. English. Partly Korean I'm guessing. You're adjusting too?" She said as she looked up and turned around- checking the buildings that hovered over them. Kris nodded watching with a smile on his face as well. The dark wasn't so bad to cover either faces, allowing her to see the effect of her actions.

"Okay? What else do we have in common? " She said , trying to look up from her hood that  actually kept her from seeing properly, another story from her long bangs.

"BASKETBALL!" They said in unison as they shot each other a surprised look, jaws dropped. They high fived, causing her to jump a bit higher and landed, close to stumbling. With the pedestrian wide, she ran and jumped up, letting the imaginary ball fly to the ring. Kris ran up again, guiding her back as she almost fell back down.

"Aigoo. Be careful with what you do!" Kris noticed the she  swept up her bangs to the side again .

"Why do aliens put up their hoods when it's already so dark that nobody can see them?" As they walked up side by side, Kris suddenly pulled down her hood. The cold air hit her  hair lightly, sending the cold from head to toe.

"HEY PUNK IIF YOURE GOING TO HATE ME AT LEAST KNOW MY NAME!" She didn't  bother to chase after him, knowing the building's doors by heart. Kris saw her standing still and jogged back up.

"Why? What's wrong? Too weak to run? I thought you were into basketball?" Kris caught his breath quickly,  and got hit hard on his arm.

"PABO! I said if you're going to play jokes, atleast know my name.Anyway, this is my stop. Thanks for the boring walk, Chinese dude." She ascended the stairs waiving until her hand it was stopped by a hand around her wrist.

"You know, all this time, we haven't introduced ourselves properly." Kris said decently, climbing up the staircase, leaving a few steps  for them to stand with the same height.

"If we met properly that first night, how would it go then?" She  asked, curious at how things would've gone. Kris' hand moved from  her wrist to holding  her  hand. He kept his eyes locked with  hers and shaking hands with formality and a heart-warming smile.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kris Wu-" The moment was crushed to bits with the lightest laughter in the air coming from  her.  She  laughed and placed both her hands on her knees.

"That was hilarious! You go on a head" She  continued walking up the stairs and heard him shout.

"WHAT WOULD THE ALIEN'S NAME BE?"  She  turned and saw him watching, she smiled at him and shouted.

"Amber. It's Amber Liu" With a waving hand, she rushed inside the building leaving Kris in his own thoughts.

 

 

Finally.

Amber.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: Finally got the name, eh? Thanks to those who suggested for me to add the tags, despite the concept of keeping the 'unknown' person in the forward a secret. Hope to hear more feedbacks from all the readers!

SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE, COMMENT, TELL YOUR FRIENDS <3

Bonus!

Cr ^^