San Shi Liu

She and He

They were like kids on a park, running to their favorite rides, hiding fears when all they did was scream. Ride after ride, they would think of other things to do. As if they have extra clothes to wear after the water slide, which they rode three times while the line was bearable with the cold cold wind and the sun about to set. They reached a souvenir shop.

"Thank goodness this place has a heater ." Kris entered after they shook of heavy water , holding the door for Amber.

"Let's get shirts!" Amber walked to the racks , looking through and grabbed a pair for themselves.

"Couple shirts? Nothing's going to fit me. I'm a medium that's longer like a large. My size doesn't exist." Kris pushed one of the shirts down from Amber's eyes.

"It doesn't have to be a couple shirt, you idiot. We're drenched and curse those who invented couple shirts. What if I walk beside jack jack and jonggu wearing the same shirt, then I have a love affair with my dogs? Here try this." Amber ranted with hatred for couple shirts and passed a sweater to Kris.

"Ah really stubborn. It won't fit me. Go change and meet me outside after I pay, okay?" Kris took her to the counter and pass the shirt she got for to change out of the soaked shirt she's in.

When Amber was out of his sight, he turned to the cashier lady, "please add two of the keychain and this too."  He placed a blanket with 'Everland' written below. Right after paying, Kris waited outside, taking out the contents from the plastic bag. Amber walked out of the bathroom watching her boyfriend from the distance and closing in.

Kris took off his flannel, leaving him in a gray c-neck that clung to his skin. He pushed his hair back and shifted his attention to Amber.

"Like what you see?" Kris raised an eyebrow and stretched out his hand. Flustered, Amber choked when she got caught looking at Kris that way. He approached her , without noticing that he already pushed back her short hair and placed his arms around her arms.

"Thank you for keeping me warm." Amber only mumbled. Her eyes wondering why he was being like this... this hot? Aside from the v-neck, sadly his chest wasn't on her face but she had a good idea that he has a good figure, so well built. His arms were cold but formed. His scent hovered, despite the chlorine mixed from the ride. All in all, amber was going crazy that she can't answer him properly, she really likes what she sees.

"Too bad I can't do that for long. Thank this instead." Kris pulled away and let the blanket in his hands rest on Amber's shoulders.

They walked beside one another, towards the cable car, riding one to reach the west side of the park. Degrees colder, up in the air, Amber was holding on to the rail.

"Kris?" Amber softly called. The lights made him look pale when he turned his head. "What is it?"

"Henry may be touchy and full of surprises but nothing is between me and that guy, okay? You may not have assumed, but please understand that he's really harmless." The explanation was questionable when Kris thinks hard. A man will always be a man after all. Henry will remain that unless he declares he has a girlfriend who isn't Amber.

"Aish. Why is he in our conversation?" Annoyed with the name , Kris looked away. Amber sighed watching the man beside her take in the scenery.

"If you're really sorry. close your eyes when we walk." Kris bargained, it was odd but Amber didn't want to play Kris the fool so she followed. Amber couldn't help herself, of all the punishments Why close my eyes?

"But then why? How is that supposed to be a punishment?" Amber asked and thought of the possibilities.  Will he leave me when we get off? Will he suddenly punch me? Make fun of me?

"You should trust me more that's why" Kris assured bitterly, sending the same message during the night they fought.

Kris took off from the cable care catching her with eyes still open, "Close them!"

Kris practically tortured her; he would spin her and not touch her, told her to follow the sound of his voice. He would suddenly stop in his tracks, watching her walk straight, until he couldn't hold his laugh. When Amber had the change, she would feel her way to the right spot and punch Kris hard on the chest that he in the pain. But right after, her hand would slide down his arm and hold his hand.

"Are you trying to get me killed on the roller coaster?"  Amber asked realizing the worst thing that Kris can plan.

"No, we're here. Take a step and sit down." Kris held her hand, waiting for her to take a step up.

"How am I supposed to do that?" Amber was absolutely clueless and Kris laughed lightly at her. She felt her foot being raised and her other hand placed on a frame, like a door. She climbed and sat down feeling soft fabric under her fingertips. Kris entered and said his thank you to the operator for assisting him. Once the door was closed he spoke, "Open your eyes."

 

 

*****

Author's Note: Hello! So I have to update but please be patient with the next one ^_^  it's kind of tricky since I'm not used to ... certain scenes ( hahaha wild imagination) Please enjoy this short chapter!