San Shi Jiu

She and He

Twice when Kris had opened his eyes only to fall back into sleep. His eyes had adjusted to the light feeling the washcloth being on his face, and gone with the footsteps. The blankets were heavy, taking more effort to sit and move everything off of him. The cold hit his chest and through his thin pants, draining him of energy again. His eyes dropped and when he did open them again, blonde hair and deep brown eyes , the familiar face was in front of him with new water.

"What are you doing here Amber?" The raspy voice of Kris caused her to pull her head back. She was surprised that she woke her and continued to wipe away the discomfort.

"Don't talk and wait for me. I'll bring in the food." With concentration for Kris' treatment, she headed to the kitchen. Within a few minutes, Amber returned with a tray in her hands. It held a bowl of porridge, warm tea and tablets. She settled it in front of Kris. Without any words she fed Kris the first bite.

"Yah, what is that taste? It's too bland. " Complaining after the mouthful, amber shoved a spoonful.

"How dare you complain when I was worried about you? Just eat, it's been two days since your last proper meal!" Amber said, watching him make a face as he gulped it down.

"How can I eat this when it's so bland?" Kris said slowly. If it wasn't seen with his angry bird like eyebrows, his nose scrunched up in disgust.

"Your taste buds are abnormal. Your problem." Her eyes were on the bowl that was decreasing its contents by the man in front of her. Oddly Kris was unwilling to eat it but he complied with the spoon brought close to his mouth. When he was about to finish the bowl, Amber placed the spoon down.

Kris eyed Amber, "Yah, I'm almost done. Feed me the rest!"

"You're better unconscious, you know that? It wasn't this noisy when I got here."

"How did you get here?"

"Medicine." She pointed at the small plate with two pills.

"But I'll be full with water!"

"Then drink less water!" Amber's eyes grew, her rage was growing by the complaint Kris makes.

"Eeyy, how is it supposed to go down?"

"Take your medicine first, then down it with the rest of the food. You need to regain your strength." He shut up and took the pills with water. Amber readied herself and the spoon.

In silence, Kris watched Amber take away the tray. He was intrigued with this side of Amber. She wasn't rushing, trying to prove anything. Amber was calm.

I like it. She seems even more harmless. Loving. 

Amber thought the medicine had drugged Kris asleep, but she saw her snap out of his thought when she entered with a bin of water and a towel. When she stopped at the door frame, he caught her eyes, lips in a flat line. She entered and pulled a chair to place the bin at level.

She sat, starting to dab Kris with the towel.

"Will you tell me how you got in? This is still not registering. How did you know? How are you even able to get passed the boys?" Kris asked, still watching at Amber's movements.

Her short hair covered her face like it always did on the side," It's hard not to notice when the elevator opens to my boyfriend unconscious at the hands of his friends and I had to step aside, not able to help or say a word about it." Amber continued to wipe Kris' long arm," Tao was one of them so I called your phone and he answered. He gave me the pass code for the door and told me when to come. Here I am. " She glanced at Kris with a smile and wiped his hands clean.

 

Amber was taken by surprise when her hand was stopped by Kris' grasp. She looked to see as to what he wanted and Kris only said, "Help me up?"

Poker face, he held up his arm with Amber standing up to get a good stance. She was after all going to pull a heavy guy from lying position, muscle and all.

Grabbing both Kris' hands to pull, Amber started," Ready? One Two Three!"

Amber tugged only to scream when she got pulled even more losing balance. Amber dove forward with Kris' strength and landed on him, his hands catching her by the shoulder, in time for their lips to meet.

Kris had his eyes closed when Amber fell with her eyes wide open. The feeling of melting, her worries dying when she felt the comfort, the ease  that Kris' actions gave her. Her eyes fell close, Kris' hot lips pressing on for a few more moments and it was gone.

Kris might have pulled away to stare, his hands pushed back the hair that was once again in front her eyes, "I think I just regained my strength. " A small smile grew from his lips. Amber adjusted herself on top of Kris and the blankets.

"Don't get sick without my permission." Amber fixed the tendrils of hair on Kris' forehead, her words clinging on the air with affection.

"You have no idea, but I honestly was scared when I saw you... I didn't.. I couldn't run beside you right away. Everybody was watching and I " Amber lost words, ending her mumbles with a sigh.

Kris let his hand interlock and rest on Amber's back, like a hug in their position. He took the chance to capture her in his eyes," Thank you, Amber. Thank you for taking care of me."

Amber breathed and fell on the mattress, from Kris' chest to his arm, "Remember that you're mine, you need my permission before you get hurt." Kris his side and nodded.

Amber  traced Kris' face with a finger saying what had happened, "I rushed with the knowledge that you had high fever. You had a terrible cold. I blame the time that you didn't keep warm at Everland."

"Don't move", Kris said with a light voice. Amber's hand rested on his warm cheek, complying with his words. She didn't move her eyes left to examine Kris' features.

"I like you even more this way. You never fail to surprise me." Kris brought his hand up to Amber, where hers rested on his cheek. Taken by the wrist, he kissed the palm of Amber's hand. She felt her cheeks turn warm and pink at the action, unable to control herself once again.

Just when she thought he would stay still, Kris spoke, "I heard fruits are good sources of vitamins."

" Can I please have strawberries to regain my strength?"