2

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein


 

 

"Here comes my favorite ramen. Looks really delicious and served right out from the kitchen. Joon placed the bowl of ramen in front of me and I excitedly broke my chopsticks apart. Hmmmmmmmmm.

"Yah! Dohee-ah! What are you doing with you life?" I hear him asking, putting both his hands on his waist.
"Living my life"
"What kind of life is this? You shoudl better go home"

I didn't listen to him anymore. I haven't eaten the whole day yesterday, so I prefer to concentrate on eating my ramen. Joon's really a good cook. He continued talking but nothing really registered into my brain.

"Are you even listening to me?!" he exclaimed. I looked up and then turned my head towards the other tables, some of the custormers and waiters looked at our direction. Joon sighed and then sat infront of me. Then everyone looked away and I looked back at him, with noodles still stuck in my mouth.

"What?"

He rolled his eyes. 

"Just go home, you're no good by yourself"

"There's no use in going back hoome, if you still can call it that" I put down my chopsticks and wiped my lips with the back of my hand. 

"Aish!" Joon commented and handed me the table napkin right away. "They invented table napkin, haven't you heard? Have you been hiding in your cave for that long?" 

I rolled my eyes and set aside the bowl. "Yah! Everyone's turning their back on me and shouting at me, you could've atleast be on my side!"

"I'm not in anyone's side!"

"No you are!" 

"No, am not" he folded his arms and laid his back on the chair.

"I decided to run away, I can't go back" I said, in a quite gloomy tone. Yes, I ran away and there's no turning back. I'm on my own now, for six months already.

"Well you can if you wanted to" he replied. I breathed heavily. This argument is ending here.

"BUT I ALREADY RAN AWAY CAN YOU GET MY POINT?!"

"You. don't. have. to. SHOUT!" Joon answered back. We both heard some people choking over the distance. We looked around and everyone's eyes were glued on us. Joon faked a smile "It's okay, this is our way of showing affection"

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms.

"Let's talk outside" he said and stood. I followed him.

 

"What do you really want?"

I smiled. Finally he gave in. Mwahaha. I laughed evily. 

"Money" I tried to sound poor. No, I'm not trying to sound poor, because I am poor.

For goodness sake all my bills are due last month and I haven't paid them all. I already sold my jewelries and other sellable items, now I'm only left with my bed, my phone, a few clothes and a pair of sneakers.

This fact makes me want to scream all my intestines out! Why did I even ran away in the first place?

I HATE MYSELF. NO. I THINK IT WAS THE RIGHT MOVE. DOHEE, YOU MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE.

I tried to calm myself because internal screaming will bring you nowhere but to the mental hospital.

Joon rolled his eyes for the nth time and faced me.  "In one condition"

"What?" my eyes sprakled like a star. Finally! Finally! I"m getting money.

"You find yourself a job"

I paused. A job? Bububut, I don't know where to look for one. I mean. 

There's actually one thing you need to know guys, I actually ran away from home two days before my college graduation so I haven't gotten my diploma yet. I actually wanted to be a botanist but I guess my future for now is vague. I have to get that diploma first. 

"Take it or leave it" he added.

Do I have a choice? Yes, Maybe I have. If I just tell him that I'll pay him, I think Joon will lend me. Mwaahaha

"No need for that, I promise I'll pay you as soon as"

"TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!" he begins to be furious again.

"Okay, okay" Geez! What is wrong with him! He never stays calm. Errr.

"Email me your bills and I'll pay for them, now the only cash I'll hand you is enough for you to buy yourself a newspaper so that you could seach over the classified Ads and then find yourself a decent job."

What are you kidding me? No way!

"O-o-oka-aa-y" I replied unenthusiactically, my head facing the ground.

"What?"

"Okay" I bit my lips.

"I deserve more than that, don't you think?" he raised his brow

"OKAY, KAMSAHAMNIDA HA IM JOON OPPA! YOU ARE THE BEST!" I answered sarcastically, raisng both my thumbs up.

Joon chuckled, "come here" and he pulled me in for a hug. "Good luck, Dohee-ah!" then messed up my hair.

I wanted to punch him in the stomach but he's my best friend and I can't really do that.

"Yah, stop messing my hair! It took me 5 hours to finish this!" I protested

He laughed even more, "Kyeopta!" and hugged me tighter.

GEEEZ. Relax dude, I'm not a stuff toy you can hug without limits.

"Do I really have to"

"YES"

I rolled my eyes. Okay fine. Whatever happens, happens. I hope I wouldn't do cooking.

I sighed, I guess this is the life I entered after running away from— whatever you call that. 

 


 

The next morning, I scavenged my cupboards for food and gladly I found an instant coffee. I'm not really a fan of coffee but it's all I have so this will do. I poured on hot water and tadah, I'll have my breakfast for today and lunch and I guess dinner all in this mug of instant coffee. Huhu...

I walked to my bed, tied my hair into a bun, placed my coffee somewhere within my reach and opened the classified ads setion of yesterday's newspaper. 

I stretched my arms, my neck and my fingers.

"Game on!" I whispered to myself and clicked on my highlighter.

I can do this! Aja Dohee! Aja! 

 

{  After Sixty Minutes }

I still haven't found an appropriate job for myself, I think I bought the wrong newspaper. I'm already upside down and I already drank all my coffee.

 

WE NEED A VENDING MACHINE NINJA THAT CAN GET SODAS WITHOUT PUTTING A COIN. 
IF INTERESTED CALL 541-34532

"AHHH! Are you serious?! DO YOU THINK I'M A CRIMINAL?! AIGOO THIS!"

 

GH VETERINARY CLINIC NEEDS A PET SINGER FOR SNAKES.

"SNAKES DON'T HAVE EARS." I'm getting crazy. Aigoo.

 

DO YOU KNOW THAT A BANANA IS BIODEGRADABLE? IF YOU KNOW THEN
APPLY AS A GARBAGE SEGREGATOR NOW!
CONTACT US: 987-2341

"Biodegradable and non-biodegradable segregator? Jinjaa? JINJA!?!?"

 

CALLING ALL POTATO MUSICIANS IN SOUTH KOREA
FRIESFRYING PAN NEEDS 5 POTATO MUSICIANS
IF INTERESTED CONTACT US THROUGH EMAIL
[email protected]

"Do you call this a job? What kind of job is this?!"

 

I started to lose it and screamed all kinds of comments to the newspaper.

I started to rolled in my bed, from left to right then left again, then right again, then left again, then right again. Ok,I should stop. I know I can do this! Fighitng!

 

ARE YOU AN ALIEN HUNTER? DO YOU HATE DO MIN JOON? DO YOU ENVY HIM?
APPLY NOW AND TOGETHER WE'LL HUNT HIM.

"I haven't heard of this job before?! Are they calling for a intergalactic police?" What the heck, like seriously?

 

DO YOU LOVE KISSING? DO YOU LOVE PETS?
IF YOU DO, THEN APPLY NOW!
CALL: 657-23220

"Pet kisser? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD!" I half crumpled the newspaper due to this ad's stupidity.

I layed down on my bed and kicked all my pillows. What is wrong with this world, why can't I find a decent job! Ahhh!

I flipped towards another page and finally I think I have found decent ads.

The page glowed and my eyes sparkled, I can smell victory BWAHAHAHAHAHA. I grinned and got my cellphone and started to contact the numbers.

 

{  After One hundered and Twenty Minutes }

"Yoboseyo? Hello Ma'am, Hwang Dohee-imnida. I just want to tell you that I once drove a Ferrari California, I can be a-- Yah!? YOBOSEYO?!" Aish. Jinja?!

They should be lucky to have me as a tenwheeler truck driver! What is wrong with people? I know how to drive! My head's about to burst with this kind of stress. Aigoooo! I put a red mark on the ad and moved to the next one.

I contacted a laundry shop.

"Yoboseyo, Hwang Dohee-imnida. I would like to work in your laundry shop"

"YAH! HWANG DOHEE COME AND GET YOUR CLOTHES ALREADY! IT HAS BEEN 2 MONTHS!"

"Wait? What?!"

Omo, it was the laundry shop in the corner. Aish. Why didn't I notice. Aigoo. What do I do?

I can't go there now, I still don't have money to pay them.

I ended the call and called another laundry shop.

"Anneyong. Hwang Dohee-imnida, I would like to work in your laundry shop Ma'am"

"Do you have any experiences in doing the laundry?"

"Yes, I'm actually the washing machine queen in our household" I proudly exclaimed.

"Can you do it with your hands?"

"What?! HANDS?!"

"Yes"

"Uhh" I hung up. 

"UH!!" I screamed and layed down again. Why is this so hard!?

My phone rang. I got a new message so I got up instantly.

 

From: Joon

Did you already found a job?
I won't pay your bills unless you can show me 
your work contract.

Good day.

 

"JOON!!" I screamed and wiggled my body in frustration! I haven't got a job yet! Why? Universe, do you hate me that much? But I go to church! I'm kind with the spiders in my room.

Why? Huhuhuhu.

For the last time, I got the newspaper and scanned it. There are a lot of red X marks on it already. Actually it's almost full of X marks. I only have a few more left.

 

URGENT:

CORPORATE SECRETARY NEEDED.
IF INTERESTED, CONTACT US: 764-2396

SALARY CAN VARY AND IS 3 TIMES BIGGER
THAN ANY CORPORATE SECRETARY IN GANGNAM.

 

"Sheesuz! Is. this. for. REAL?! Hah! HAHAHAHAHAHA. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" I can't believe my eyes. Omo!

I can feel my future! THIS IS VICTORY! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I got my phone and hurriedly dialed the digits.

“Hello? Is this K&K Corporation?”

“Yes”

“I’m actually calling because I wanted to apply for the secretary position”

“Who’s this please?”

“Hwang Dohee”

“Ms. Hwang Dohee, you can leave us your email address and we’ll send you the details. Have a good day”

“Okay, it's [email protected], all small letters” I can’t help but smile. Finally. FINALLY! Mwahahaha.

"Okay, we hope to see you soon"

"I hope so too!" I felt giddy all over.

I placed my phone in the table beside my bed and stood on my bed. “Jackpot!” Then I started to jumped and danced crazily on top of my bed.

"YAH! DOHEE-AH! YOU HAVEN'T EVEN PAID YOUR RENT AND NOW YOU ARE TRYING TO DESTROY THIS WHOLE BUILDING!"

I heard Ms. Chi's voice echoing from under. Oooops I paused and smiled stupid. I rolled in my bed and I can't keep my lips from smiling. I can feel it, good things are coming my way. Then I started to laugh like crazy.

 

 

 

 

 

NOTE: 

Dohee is already a graduate but she doesn't have document. an official one for that matter and that is her diploma, to prover her earned college degree because she wasn't able to attend graduation. For some reasons, she doesn't have any plans to go back to her college and get it or something. She's lazy you know and for some reason, she doesn't feel like it. (Laughs.)