6

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

I pressed the button and waited for the elevator to open but after some time it was still close so I had no choice and searched for the stairs and luckily, I saw the staircase not so far from the elevator and I started to go up as fast as I can.

By the time I reached the 30th floor, I think I was going to die because I couldn't anymore determine if which is left or right or what is up or down and for a moment, I think I forgot my name because I ran out of breathe. I hate my lungs! Why does it have to lack endurance?! WHY?

I towards the end of the other of hallway then I opened the door and boom a piercing stare shot me by the second I met his gaze.

"What took you so long?" he asked in a rather unamused tone. I gulped and tried to register what to do. Oh right, you are alread working for him. Dohee! Please straighten yourself up!

"I need coffee"

"Yah! Are you just gonna stand there!?" He was now shouting at me.Holy Cheetos why is he shouting at this time of day? Couldn't he say it nicely?! Was he taught proper speaking manners by his parents? Or— does he think I'm deaf? 

"Oh" I uttered and looked around. What was I supposed to do again?

"Do I still have to teach you how to make coffee?"

Oh, right coffee.

"Coffee will be served in a minute!" I said enthusiastically and turned my back hurriedly to go outside.

"Yah! Where are you"

"Just stay put and I'll get you your coffee, fresh from the brewer and hot!" I assured him, blinked and then went outside. Well that was tough. Now, the first thing I should figure is where to get coffee. I walked towads the end of the hallway and saw Mr. Do coming out from the elevator. 

"Oh! Mr. Do!" I ran to him and almost bumped into him. Geez, inertia is to blame! 

"What are you doing?" Mr. Do replied back a bit annoyed rather than uncomfortable as I held his shoulders to prevent my body from accelerating too much. I smiled sweetly, trying to get his sympathy.

"Where do I get his coffee?"

"Who's coffe wait? What did you just say?"

"Where do I get his coffee?"

"Did he just ask for his coffee?"

"Yes" I nodded and pulled away from him.

"What are you doing here?! Get back there and serve it to him right away! He doesn't like waiting!!" he started to panic and pushed me towards the door of Mr. Kim's office.

"Wait, but I still don't have the coffee yet!" I yelled back and protested.

"He has a small kitchen in his office, the door at your left! Now go! Don't make him wait longer or he'll fire you right away"

"O-okay" Is he serious fire me? No way! I haven't had my paycheck yet!

I went in and then I saw Mr. Kim rolling his eyes. 

"I'm so-orr-y" I bit my lip and slowly walked towards the left, still facing him, trying to flash a smile but I think he's not really in the mood to forgive the world.

I then ran halfway and entered the kitchen and WOW! Is this what you call a kitchen? I think you call this WALMART! Wow, this is so amazing! Oh, everything is in here! All the food in the world! I excitedly ran towards the fridge and opened it and I think the gates of heaven opened up and angels started to play the trumpets. "Jii--i--n--j-aaa-aaa" I uttered in amazement and I swear at that moment my eyes sparkled like diamonds. 

"I think this could feed the whole world!" I commented and started to check everything in it. After scanning the fridge, I then jumped over to another counter and tried to turn on the faucet. It was surely the classiest kitchen I ever saw. I opened eached cupboard and found all kind of foods in all different flavors and sizes.

"WOW!~~" I cant help but shout but then covered my mouth realizing my voice was too loud. Wait, what was I doing here? Oh right, coffee! . I get distracted too easily bu food. I searched over the kitchen then saw the cofffee maker at the corner. But I think it would take a lot of time to brew the beans. Oh no! Oh no! NO! NO! NO! What shall I do then?

Oh right, instant coffee!

I ran to another corner and opened each cupboard, there must somehow be powdered coffee here. And luckily after opening 3 cupboards, I finally found one! I grabbed a cup and saucer and teaspoon then poured hot water and then mixed the coffee powder. Should I put sugar in it? Or creamer or-- wait. 

"HEY WHAT IS TAKING YOU SO LONG?" I heard a yell. , I'm dead.

"Just a minute, I'm coming!"

Oh now. Should I put sugar or not? creamer or no creamer?!!! What should I do? I started to bite my fingers and worried. Then I remembered from the information they emailed me, he doesn't like creamer on his coffee. Okay, no creamer. But it did not say if he liked sugar or no sugar in it. Aish. Jinja! But I have no choice, I think he really needs his coffee right at this very second. So right then and there, I decided not to put sugar in it.

I pushed the door with my back and held the saucer as surely as possible but I failed because I was too nervous to stay still, my hands were shaking and the coffee was everywhere.

Here comes your black, hot coffee.

When Mr. Kim saw me, he stared for a couple of seconds and then continued reading the papers on his desk.

Finally, I placed it on his desked. "You're fired" 

WHAT DID HE JUST SAY? I felt my soul ascend to the heavens the moment he uttered those words. I think I just stopped breathing. I stood frozen by his remark.

"Wh-a-at?" I asked,this is unbelievable. MR. Do is right. What the hell?!

"You are fired" he looked up at me. He said it so simple that I wanted to crush his face. He looked at the coffee I served and noticed the spills on the saucer. He just rolled his eyes upon seeing the coffee spills.

"Bububu-t"

"You can't even serve a cup of coffee right and for your information I don't like instant coffee" he said coldly and scan through the papers. I guess he has no time to even say it straight to my face.

YOU PRICK!!!! HOW COULD YOU! AFTER SERVING YOU COFFEE AND AND AHHHHHH! I HATE YOU! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? SERIOUSLY? JINJA!?!?!

"Please go out and get this coffee and also" he then looked at me, Aigoo! I wanted to punch his face and throw him in the pacific ocean! ARGH!!

"Hmm?" I replied gloomily

"Where are the papers?"

Hmm? What papers is he talking about?

"What papers?" I asked

"The folders I gave you a while ago"

Oh! wait, did I just?! No I didn't. Please tell me this is not happening. 

 

{ Flashback }

The elevator door wasn't still opening, so I rushed towards the staircase and ran up as fast as I could and in every step I took, I didn't notice each folder was slipping out of my arms because I was wiping my sweat and I was so occupied in getting up there as fast as I could.

Oh no! DOHEEEEEEE! YOU JUST DIDN'T DO THAT!

After reaching the 30th floor, I didn't notice that my arms were already empty and all I did was wipe my sweat and headed directly to the office.

{ End of flashback }

 

I didn't realized the folders were one by one slipping away from my arms while I was wiping off my sweat.

I mentally punched my face. It is official. I hate myself to the bones that I wanted to explode at the scene.

"I uh"

He raised a brow. "Where is it?"

"I'll be back in a minute"

I ran outside and then headed to the mouth of the staircase. Then ran downstairs and searched for the folders. After I arrived at the first floor, I also got all the folders in my arms. Luckily, they weren't wet or crumpled or stepped on or anything. I sighed heavily. 

Wait, why am I even doing this? HE JUST FIRED ME! JUST FIRED ME! 

"Yah! Dohee-ah! Why did you just collected these? You should've just let them be on the stairs!" I talked to myself.

I walked towards the reception area and banged the black folders on the desk.

"Yah! Tell your boss that these are the papers he was looking for!" I can't help but yell at the receptionist angrily. She looked at me with big eyes, surprised of my sudden burst of emotions then got the folders nervously.

I then turned my back and walked away but before I could walk halfway, I turned around and yelled to the whole area.

"YOUR BOSS IS A PRICK! CAN YOU HEAR  ME!? I SAID YOUR BOSS IS A PRICK!"

Then I walked so confidently outside leaving everyone shocked and frozen.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

NOW THEY KNOW WHAT THEIR BOSS REALLY IS! HE LOOKS LIKE AN ANGEL BUT IS ACTUALLY NO DOUBT HE IS SATAN'S BROTHER .

From now on, I shall announce that I, Dohee Hwang, will never ever be deceived by beauty again! 

 

I walked home because I had no money left in my purse after I bought a bottle of flavored water. It was really a long way home but I had no choice. I walked for almost 2 hours and for the last 30 minutes, I walked without my shoes because I can't bear it any longet to walk with high heels. I thought this was going to be my day! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE ALL OF THIS?!?!!?!?! WHAT?!

"I HAVE BEEN A GOOD CITIZEN, A GOOD DAUGHTER! I KNOW I HAVE BEEN STUBBORN AT TIMES BUT STILL, I FOLLOWED TRAFFIC RULES, I RECYCLE, I LOVE TREES! I RESPECTED MY ELDERS! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE ALL OF THESE!!!! WHAAAA--"

I suddenly stopped upon noticing that all eyes were on me. I didn't realize I was shouting at the top of my lungs to myself in the middle of a very busy street. Oh , I OFFICIALLY HATE MYSELF FOREVER CROSS MY HEART  HOPE TO DIE-- I MEAN NO NOT HOPE TO DIE BUT YES, I HATE MYSELF.

I forced a smile and held a peace sign. "Soo--orry" I said and bowed. Everyone then kept whispering and looking at me then I walked faster and then they continued on with what there were doing.

I slapped my cheeks. I have tried everything but nothing is really working for me. I stopped and turned to my right and saw my reflection on the glass and I saw that my mascarra was streaming down on my face and I looked like a terrible gangster who just turned his eighties and my hair was a mess because the wind blew it off in the streets and I was the official face of a drug and alcohol psycho. But I didn't have the urge to wipe it off. I was hopeless. I was alone and I am hungry!

 

Finally I arrived infront of the building of my apartment. I heard my stomach grumble and everyone I met on the way looked at me like I was a ghost, all of them screaming at my sight and ran away but I didn't care. I want food right now.

"I need food" I told a person on the hallway. Instead of responding well, all he did was shout and then he flew away in an instant.

I guess I looked like a dead person who has been roaming the streets for ten centuries already.

I bowed my head and went straight ahead to the floor where my apartment is. All gloomy and sad and hungry. I was walking slowly until I saw boxes, luggag and some books on the floor. 

"What are these?" I said to myself as I examined them. These items looked familiar. These items are--- Holy cow! These items are mine! I looked up and then saw my door with a note hanging.

 

THIS ROOM IS FOR RENT.

P.S. We don't accept renters with a name of HWANG DOHEE.

 

Seriously? Like hell? Did they just seriously write my name in there?!

"What- In- The- World- IS THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" I shouted and grabbed the note and I started to tear it off to pieces and threw them into the air. "This can't be!" I tried to enter the password to the door but it was already different. I kept on repeating a million times, but it was just buzzing until the remaing tries were already done and I had to wait 30 minutes to retype it again.

"And they even have the nerve to bold and write my name so largely!" I stormed my way back to the elevator and then to Ms. Chi's door. I knocked furiously.

"YAH! MS. CHI! I ALREADY GOT A JOB! WHY ARE YOU KICKING ME OUT! I HAVE BEEN GOOD TO YOU! YAH! PLEASE GIVE ME A CHANCE! I PROMISE TO PAY YOU! DOUBLE OR --- OR EVEN TRIPLE! PLEASE JUST PLEASE GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE!" I yelled to the top of my lungs for her to hear it.

Instead of her door opening, the door in the left one opened.

"Yah! WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING SO LOUDLY!" an old man yelled at me

"BECAUSE THE WON'T OPEN THE DOOR!" I yelled back, his brows met.

"BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT AROUND! THEY WENT TO A VACATION!" he yelled back with all his might

"WHAT? THEY ARE HAVING A VACATION WHILE I'LL SLEEP HOMELESS TONIGHT? IS THAT EVEN RIGHT?! DO THEY EVEN KNOW THE TRUE MEANING OF HUMANITY?!" I yelled back at the old man again then I realized I was so angry.

"YAH KID! ARE YOU STUPID? YOU HAVEN'T PAIR YOUR BILLS AND NOW YOU GET MAD BECAUSE THEY ARE DUMPING YOU?!" He yelled back again. I was silent. It was true, yes, I haven't paid but-- but--- I think I had enough rejection for the day and to find out that I'll probably sleep in the steets tonight makes me want to go crazy.

My shoulders sank and walked away, trying to hold back my tears. The old man scratched his head and went inside.

I went up to get my things and found myself alone in the cold outside of the building. I looked up the building and scanned it. Looked at it for a moment. "I HOPE YOU BURN DOWN! I HATE YOU ALL! I HATE THE WORLD!!!!" I shouted with all my might and started to walk away, crying with my stomach grumbling.

"They shall pay" I whispered to myself.

I went to the park near by and sat along with a box, a big pink luggage. It was so cold and I started to shiver. I got my handphone and decided to call Joon. His phone was ringing. My legs were shaking as I wait for him to pick it up. Finally he did.

"Yes Hello, who's this please?" but it was a girl-- it was Mina. Is she blind or what? I'm pretty sure my name flashed on Joon's phone before she answered this. I secretly sighed in my mind because I have no energy to argue.

"Oh, this is Dohee"

"Dohee? Oh right, Joon's not around. I'll just call you when he arrives. Bye." 

She hung up. I hate her, she's also a prick. Ugh.

I gloomily put my phone back to my pocket and started to blow my hands and rub them together, this sure is going to be the coldest and longest night in my life.

 


Author's Note:

Hi there!

So, yes, finally another update! Aww, so sad. Dohee is fired on her first day and got kicked out of her apartment. I hope you'll look forward to the next chapter to see how Dohee gets to survive her life with all the rejection that she has gone through in a day. Believe me, her life might be a little miserable now but it'll be worth it in the long run. You'll see! Anyways, I just wanted to thank you for reading it and for the readers who got entertained, I'm happy to hear that. Thank you again for reading and for not judging this story. Hahahahahaha...