10

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

I washed the coffee mugs, saucers, and teaspoons in the kitchen. There are only 30 minutes left before our office hours are finally over. I sank my shoulders, I just feel so tired today, my eyes were glued for so long in the computer screen because I had to review the presentation and edit some contracts.

I was so engrossed about thinking what to do for tomorrow and also where to stay for the night because I can't stay at the sauna for too long. I mean the sauna ahjumma is so good to me but still, I don't want to abuse that goodness. Anyways, I guess I have to call Joon later and check if he's back already.

"Dohee?" 

I snapped back to reality and looked towards the direction of the door. It was Mr. Do.

"Oh, Mr. Do may I help you?"

He went in and walked towards me. "Mr. and Mrs. Kim called and they would like to have dinner with Mr. Kim this month, they were asking if he has a free day"

"Oh, okay, I'll just check" I replied

"Okay" Mr. Do smiled contently and then when he was about to turn around I suddenly remembered to ask him a question.

"I was checking his monthly schedule and time frames, it's weird because he's always out 99% of the time. I mean, it's just this month that's he's been coming to the hotel for a week straight although he's late or sometimes comes in for a half day"

"Oh, yeah that's because he's a very very busy man" he wiggled his brows and emphasized on the very. Okay, I think I understand that he must be a very very busy man but if he's that busy, I mean why is he always away from the office? Are all these because of his business trips? 

"O-okay" I said half wondering and half comprehending.

 

I went to the parking lot already while Mr. Kim together with Maeri, Maru and Myungsoo were waiting at the mouth of the parking area. I looked at the small paper I kept where I wrote his plate number. I searched through a crowd of luxurious cars but I can’t see a car with this plate number.

I tried to search as carefully as I could and still nothing.

Where in the world did he park his car?

My phone rang in the tune of a very weird tone.

 

~~Yah! Stupid! You have a call! Stupid stupid! hahahahahahhahahahha~~

 

It was Maeri, Maru and Myungsoo’s evil voice and laugh—I’m 100% SURE!

Looks like those little s have changed my ringtone. ARRGH!!!!!

“Yes?!” I answered it

“WHERE ARE YOU?!!!!?!?!?!” and a raging voice was stabbing my ears that I literally shifted my head away.

“I’m—a-at the c-a-rpa-ark” I stuttered, my eyes now trying so hard to find where the did he park his car wait-- I don’t think he parked it here, he must’ve parked it somewhere in hell. I should be finding the portal to hell rather than looking at these plate numbers.

“WELL OF COURSE YOU ARE BECAUSE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DRIVE ME TO THE SUIT SHOP”

“He-he” I tried to laugh off that intense comment. . Where the hell is it anyways?

“It’s on the Z-1”

“Z-1?” JINJA?!?!?!?!?!?!

“O-okay, I’ll be right there very quickly!” I assured him

“YOU BETTER BE!”

“AISHHH! CAN YOU JUST BE PATIENT FOR A WHILE!” I shouted at my phone

I looked up only to find out I’m still in E-9. BRICKS! THAT’S SO FAR AWAY!

“Aigoo, why did he have to park his car on lane Z!?” I scratched my head and started running for my life.

Finally, praise my turtle speed, I have found his car and woah, I guess this was the latest model of Mercedes Benz. Oh, this man’s got money. I laughed to myself, it figures, maybe he might as well own hell and have satan pay rent or something.

I turned the key and the car started smoothly, cool but wait—I think—I think there’s one tiny bit of problem.

I—I think I forgot how to drive. I mean, please don’t judge me because it’s just been too long since I last drove a – toy car. .

How do I… ah, never mind! Whatever happens happen, this . I bet he’s going super saiyan there or something telling his niece and nephew how he got a sloth rather than a secretary. I can so picture him right now cutting my throat with a Swiss knife.

 

“You can do this Dohee, just focus and you’ll reach there!” I cheered myself up and took hold of the steering wheel. I guess this is it. Good luck Hwang Dohee.

 

After a significant amount of time I finally reached the mouth of the car park and saw an indescribable face of Mr. Kim, I can’t even tell of he’s still okay or—

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WHAT TOOK YOU FOREVER AND A DAY?” he shouted as he got in, he sat on the front seat and Maeri, Myungsoo and Maru were at the back seat, unlike him, they looked calm maybe because they were eating candies and chips.

“I-im re-really s-so-rr-y Mr. K-i-m” I said, shaking a bit. Wiping these hella big sweats on my forehead.

“Step on it” he demanded. So I stepped on it.

I stepped on it and the car went wooooosh and the next thing I heard were horn buzzing everywhere.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” I screamed.

“WHAT THE HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL?!!!!?!?!?!”

“OUT OF THE WAY IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFATHERSSSS!

Car screech over there, car screech over here.

 Yes, we almost died.

 “DAMMIT, YOU’RE HAVING US KILLED! WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?! DO YOU REALLY KNOW HOW DOT DRIVE?!?!?! YAH!” he shouted at me and all I couldn’t move a muscle because— we almost died and I could have caused these little ones to be dead. I mean they maybe the devil’s sons and daughters but still, they are angels and they’re like angels, I mean—you know what I mean. I wanted to cry at the spot but my mind was incoherent.

“I-ii m so—” before I could say it, the sorry phrase, he opened the door and ran instantly towards my side and opened the driver’s door.

“GET OUT FASTER” he demanded, stone cold. I got off and ran to the other side and switched places with him. After I got in, I almost didn’t feel my legs because I was shaking too much.

I was surprised because the car didn't move yet. I was about to look at him when he leaned over towards me, and our faces almost touched! LIKE REALLY OUR FACES ALMOST TOUCHED?!

I started to think what I did in my past life, to deserve all of these. I was just in the edge of death and now, my heart is beating crazy fast and I swear this could be the death of me.

I stopped breathing and satstill. Then he reached for my seatbelt buckled it for me, well of course, he made it with a massacre stare and then rolled his eyes.

I can’t help  but shake, my legs together with my hands—they were all shaking and I really fought my body to stop but still—I can’t stop thinking we could’ve died a while ago.

The car went to a stop when the traffic light turned red. I was bowing my head, trying to absorb how reckless I was and also trying to stop myself from shaking like crazy.

“Drink this” I heard Mr. Kim said, I looked up at him and saw him handing me a bottle of water.

“and stop shaking. We’re safe.” he demanded and looked away. I had no choice but receive it even if I know I didn’t deserve this bottle of water right now. I don’t know how to say sorry to him—I seriously hate myself right now.

He drove and he drove rather fast, we were safe. But my heart beat didn’t go back to normal. I looked back at Maeri,  Maru and Myungsoo and they were asleep.

I think I know why all these things happened. I think I just that much. . I wanted to die right now. I’m planning to apologize to these kids later, when they'll wake.

 


 

Author’s note:

Oh no! Hwang Dohee doesn’t really have the ability to be a driver! But I guess Mr. Kim’s not that evil after all! Sorry for updating kinda longer I’m quite busy but anyways, do look forward to the next chapters because Hwang Dohee will finally meet the rest of EXO. HAHAHAHAHA and as always, thank you so much for patiently waiting and reading this fanfic. Kamsahamnida. Saranghae! :-)