38

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

Joonmyeon felt much more confused than the moment he found out that Dohee’s resume was fake. Her credentials weren’t even existing but there was more to it than just those faux information.

“I came here last Monday and accidentally bumped into Kang Baro who was trying to get a man in a black suit because he was seen constantly visiting the hotel and it looked like it was following your car in some distant for about a month now—”

Joonmyeon’s eyes widened in terror. It only has been a year since the last sasaeng incident happened inside his hotel and now, another incident might happen again.

“Why didn’t you call me?!” he shot, his heart racing.

“Just let me finish son.” Kim Goseon interrupted and scratched his forehead.

“Then we found out he works for Hwang Ha Neul—Dohee’s father. He was trying to get as much information about her daughter’s whereabouts. It has been about 6 months, I guess, since she last ran away.”

“S-S-She ran away?”

Kim Goseon nodded. “Apparently that’s what happened, now that’s a brave soul right there.”

Joonmyeon rolled his eyes while shaking his head. “I think that was rather stupid.”

“For you, it might be. But you don’t know how she feels.”  Kim Goseon shot with a tone of consideration for Dohee’s situation.

Whatever. A liar is always a liar. Joonmyeon thought.

“So what’s the reason exactly why she, out of nowhere, with no credentials whatsoever, is now my co-project manager? Out of pity?” he asked in disbelief.

“If I were to decide, that mountain resort would take somebody to plan for a year and build for about another year, but you know everything is relative, let’s just say we have enough resources but it may take us a while to gather investors and partners to make it easier. And I would have let you do the project alone because you’re my favorite just so you know.”

“You’re not serious.” Joonmyeon stated in a straight face.

“Of course, I’m not. Hah!” Kim Goseon let out a laugh and then continued on talking. “I met her father after, he personally visited me to say sorry for the suspicious behavior of his employee and learned about Dohee. Wew. I didn’t think he’d offer me his two hands to make the resort happen—you know it’s like meeting a genie from a lamp! It’s amazing!” Kim Goseon sounded enthusiastic and happy about it while Joonmyeon lumped in his seat and yawned dramatically.

“No.” He replied without second thoughts.

“Think about it. After this, I’ll leave you alone. Don’t mind the hotels. You’re free to do whatever you want. Sing your throat out—but of course don’t blame me if you lose your voice! HAHAHAHAHA.” Kim Goseon laughed but Joonmyeon was just silent, trying to weigh his decision.

“You’re fully aware that her resume’s fake right?”

“Right.”

“And you’re hiring HER?!”

“He says he misses her so badly and I think she doesn’t know I know about her credentials. All she knows is that I knew she got fired.”

 

Joonmyeon was deep in his thoughts but was brought back to reality when he felt a hand waving in front of him.

“M-Mr. Kim?”

He blinked his eyes as he came to the present as he tries to register the person a meter or two in front of him but when he realized who it was, his eyebrows was too fast to greet each other in the lower middle of his forehead.

Dohee froze for a moment when he saw Joonmyeon’s face changed from a blank one into an angry one and bit her lip in embarrassment.

“What are you doing here?”

“I-I j-just wanted to explain...” she started, hoping her reason would be heard.

 

 

 

The last time I stood while trembling this much was when my Chemistry teacher caught me passing notes with Jaehwan, that was in junior high and I swear that was one of the most terrifying moments of my life but it is now going to be the second one after today.

Mr. Kim is still mad, he walked back to swivel chair and sat, facing the window instead of me. Is he really that mad?

“Apparently, your Latin honors aren’t true, business degree in China is also not true, work experiences not true—tell me how you would explain that.”

You I have my reasons. Err.

“W-well, I-I n-need the money.” I answered simply, since making more lies would be useless.

“For what?”

“House rent. Food. Daily living in general.” I answered.

His swivel chair turned around revealing the glorious demonic head ever lived and I cannot believe I’m thinking about that when I’m in a really grave situation right now. Aish, sometimes I’m also an .

I don’t know if I should consider his grandfather’s offer but it’s clear now, I can’t even do that, with him finding out about this. Aish, all my problems are piling up one by one. It’s starting to get on my nerves.

“Oh, so you make a living out of lying and pretending to be this magna laude from a business school?”

What the f—he’s really trying to push it down my throat. Aish, arraseo! I get it. I’m a freaking liar just get over it. Whatever. Please, you don’t have to remind me.

I was so angry at his remark that my mouth opened without my brain working with it. Which was a stupid idea. Really.

“I’m done explaining myself. If you’re firing me, at least give me this month’s paycheck because I really need the money.”

“The world doesn’t revolve around money you know.”

“In my world it does, so just give me the paycheck. I’d appreciate if you’d hand it over to me as soon as possible.” I stated. He shot me look and studied my face for a long time that made me quite uncomfortable.

He looks weird. I decided to look away and turn around.

Well, I hope that I was enough for a dramatic exit.

 

 

 

I stormed out of his office and into the employee’s floor when I overheard two employees talking.

“I heard he was fired.” One employee whispered.

“What?! Oh so that explains the box he was bringing a while ago… I knew it.” The other one replied sympathetically.

“He shouldn’t have hired her in the first place, she’s a bit unfit to be Mr. Kim’s secretary anyways.”

That’s it. I think they are talking about me. But why?

“I think he was just compromised. He needed his job you know. And Dohee was—” the employee stopped talking when they both noticed I was behind them.

They gasped and looked alarmed. “Excuse, may I know who got fired?” I asked, curiosity running all over me.

The employees exchanged glances and then nervously looked at me. “Mr. Do.”

What?! M-Mr. Do?! That’s can’t be. This is all my fault! Ugh. Dohee why do you have to ruin everybody’s lives.

I didn’t have to wait another second to process this information. I searched for Mr. Do right away in his office but he wasn’t there. I saw big boxes on his table. Oh no, he’s really moving out!

“Eunhye, did you see Mr. Do?” I asked the employee beside Mr. Do’s table, she looked coldly at me and shook her head. I looked around and everyone’s eyes were on me then they exchanged glances and looked away.

News have reached them, I guess.

I looked down on my way out, my confidence wavering and felt apologetic and embarrassed. But I couldn’t find time to be depressed about it, I had to find Mr. Do.

After running around the employee’s building, finally found Mr. Do on the rooftop, looking across the view of Gangnam.

“M-Mr. Do!” I shouted, bending on my knees while I panted, exhausted from running all over to find him. He didn’t turn my way but I knew he heard me.

I ran just behind him and bowed.

“I’m so sorry Mr. Do for lying in my resume. It’s because of me that you are fired. I’m really, really sorry.” I said, apologetically and sincerely.

I heard him exhale.

“I had always imagined I’d get fired by getting coffee from his office but it turned out this way.”

I bit my lip, my body still in a 90 degree angle. He turned around and patted my shoulder then pulled me up.

“Don’t worry. I can’t stand him any longer too, I guess it’s time to I find another job minus a yelling boss. Haha.” His laugh was a bit forced and it sounded too dry.

I looked at Mr. Do, I thought he’d be so mad but it turned out he looked calm. But I know he was just saying that. There’s no way he can say that. It was obvious that most of the employees stick out to him because they couldn’t afford losing the job, they have people depending on them and Mr. Do’s sister is depending on him.

I can’t help but feel really guilty. I should really act fast and make a way to get him a job. I looked at Mr. Do and tried to make things right and then thankfully an idea swept over my mind.

 

I know I didn’t have much time so I went after Mr. Goseon as soon and as fast as I could. Strangely, he was smelling flowers inside his office which distracted me a bit.

“S-sir, I-I need to talk to you.” I spoke but half of my attention was towards the flowers though.

He looked at me, prompting me to go on.

Okay, here it is. Relax Dohee. The real human beings appreciate honesty so don’t worry he won’t turn into an angry gorilla like his grandson.

I held my breath for a few seconds, my hands were shaking and it was getting harder to breathe but nonetheless I have to take this moment.

This is it Dohee-ah, for Mr. Do, for your dreams. Fighting!

I bowed 90 degrees at him, pressing my fingers into a tight ball. “Mr. Kim, I am really sorry. Please forgive me. I was fired by Mr. Kim because I lied in my resumé.”

I stayed in my positon waiting for his response but the room was just silent. I decided to fall on my knees and bow lowly.

“But please, I hope you will still let me handle the mountain resort project. I know I don’t have many experiences but I will try. I know this is so much for me to ask and also shameless but I will still—” I was planning to explain it wholly but he interrupted me.

“Stand up Dohee.”

I bit my lip. Aish, finally he said something. I stood up slowly, my head hang low.

“I already told you to make the project. What seems to be the problem? If you need an office, I have sent people to fix a space for you in Joonmyeon’s office.”

I was taken aback because I wasn’t expecting that he’d look calm and collected.

“I-I mean, I-I’m not magna laude or – I didn’t graduate from a business school…”

“Oh that… Well, as long as you’re willing, you can have the job.” he surprisingly smiled which gave me more goosebumps. I-Is he serious? Did he even hear me?

“R-really?” He’s also something else huh… but at least, he didn’t turn into a gorilla. Thank goodness.

“Uh-huh.” He smiled and then smelled the flowers. “What do you think about these flowers Dohee?” He asked me while caressing the cheeks of their petals. I smiled, feeling so relieved.

“Their wonderful.” I replied. Those baby flowers look like me. Awwwwww.

“That’s what I thought.” Kim Goseon commented.

“Thank you so much Mr. Kim but there’s one more thing I need to tell you.”

“What is that?”

“Can I get Mr. Do to be under my management, so I’ll have someone over to help me with the work.”

“Okay, you go do that.”

“Really?—I mean, thank you Sir.”

“Do well.”

“I will Sir.” I bowed and went out with a victorious grin.

After I went outside, I went to the reception desk and dialed Mr. Do’s number in the telephone. I waited until he picked up and thankfully he did.

“Hi Mr. Do!” I greeted excitedly.

“D-dohee? Why are you calling?”

“I need your help.”

I don’t know if I’m genius or not but I know that Mr. Do knows a lot of things about running and managing business projects so I’ll put him on my team and be my assistant in that way, he can have a job and at the same time he can help me do my work.

Hah. Why am I so amazing?

Haha, that was an amazing idea right? Yes, I know, no need to tell me how genius I am. Tsk, tsk, I’m Dohee for a reason.

 

 

 

Joonmyeon was having a headache balancing his meetings, phone calls and desk jobs. It was two hours past lunchtime but he haven’t had a meal yet and his stomach was already complaining when he heard a knock on the door.

“Come in.”

The door opened and revealed men carrying a set of office furniture.

“Delivery for Ms. Hwang Dohee.” One of the men announced.

Kim Joonmyeon’s jaw dropped and his faced twisted into confusion.

“What the—”

“Oh, that’s me.” A voice emerged from behind. It was Dohee. The Hwang Dohee and Joonmyeon can’t help to shake his head. He has been currently under a lot of stress but she is the worst one so far.

 

“Why. Are. You. Doing. THIS?!” Kim Joonmyeon hissed making sure he didn’t say it loud enough. After seeing that his grandfather has delivered my office desk and swivel chair into his office he went nuts and dragged me inside the kitchen of his office.

“Why are you asking me? Ask your grandfather.” I replied.

“And you have the guts to show your face—”

Before he’d pull that “you’re-a-liar-so-you-don’t-have-a-right-whatsoever”, I cut him off by speaking.

“I’m doing this for Mr. Do because I feel guilty.”

He stopped and narrowed his eyes.

“If we pull off this project, let him head the management of the mountain resort. He has nothing to do with my actions. He deserves his job back.” I stated clearly.

He just fell silent and laughed mockingly. I was waiting for him to say something but he didn’t and just walked out.

Okay Dohee this is it. Face this with your head help high.

I went out after and the men were done fixing the desk and my swivel chair, transferring the things in my previous desk from the new one which is bigger. Well it’s kind of classy. Wow. I can’t believe I’ll be sitting down.

 

Mr. Kim was fixing his coat and he still looked mad about everything, I can see it from the way his brows curve. I bowed my head just to make sure I wouldn’t have eye contact with him. He headed towards the door and I was about to sit in my chair when he turned around and called me.

“Yes?” I replied flatly.

“The kids are sleeping over at my house, please prepare dinner.”

And then he went out.

What the—?! I’m not your secretary anymore.

 In anger, I grabbed one on my paper weight and was about to throw it to the doors direction when it opened suddenly. .

“You’re not anymore my secretary, but you’re still my housekeeper.”

And then the door shut again.

Oh god help me. What do I do with him?!

 

 

 

Author’s Note:

So Hi. Is this okay? I hope it is. Well, you should know I’m really sad that I haven’t updated for so long and I know this chapter is a bit of uhm, a lame and loser chapter but I hope you’ll keep up with the story. Huhuhuhu.

I’m still having a writer’s awkward phase were I’m still adjusting to the story’s feel again because school is so taxing I can’t even breathe. I’m excited for the next chapter though. HAHAHAHA. Hello chaos! Hahaha.