14

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

 

I found myself nervously sitting at the couch surrounded by 12 pairs of curious and hauntingly handsome eyes. I gulped. , this might be the end of me.

I darted a look at my boss, who looked furious and curious unlike the others who were just curious. I looked away and tried to compose myself.

"I clearly remembered I only sent you to pay my bills not deliver-" He composed himself before finally bursting in anger. "Not deliver chicken and bubble tea and donuts and pretzels!"

I bowed my head. I wanted to defend myself too. I was just too worried about him also, for heaven's sake he is my boss! What if he really was kidnapped?! I might be self-responsible or something...

"I- I thought that you were kidnapped" I uttered under my breath, not looking up.

I waited for an answer, honestly, I was waiting for a “are you dumb?” comment but I heard was a deep low defensive voice on the background.

“No—it’s not what you think Hyung”

“Then what?” Mr. Kim growled but ended the question in a hushed manner.

“We were hungry, we haven’t eaten breakfast and lunch and all we had was water” another one added

And then everyone nodded and released a “Y-yeah”

I looked up. Instead of seeing Mr. Kim go wild and furious, he looked sorry and apologetic for them. “Then you should’ve just told me” his shoulders sank and looked at them.

“But you were busy talking with Manager-nim, we we’re already starving” another one, with large eyes said. He looked so squishy.

Mr. Kim sighed and rolled his eyes. “Okay, I forgive you this time but if this happens again, I’m gonna rip off your heads, do you understand?!” he said it calmly and sternly. They all nodded and evolved back to being idiots. I wanted to laugh at the moment but I was cut short when I found my boss glaring over me. I bit my lips, praying to myself he wouldn’t fire me or anything.

But luckily the guy with big eyes and deep voice approached me. “Hey, do you want some?” he handed me a chicken wing. I refused, “No thanks” I said. I don’t eat chicken with idiots.

Mr. Kim was out of sight, maybe he was getting something because I heard one of them complained about a black soda drink. Yep, the guy who opened the door a while ago.

“So you’re hyung’s new secretary” a guy with innocent eyes asked.

“Uh, yes” I answered politely.

“I didn’t know hyung was running a sauna” another one commented and then they laughed. Oh . I forgot I was still on my matching sauna outfits. Ugh, this is really embarrassing.

“Actually, I was at the sauna when you called and I panicked so I didn’t notice that I haven’t changed my clothes yet”

They laughed harder.

“You sure you don’t want?” another one offered. “No” I repeated.

“By the way I’m Jongin, but call me Kai”

I bowed politely. “Hello, I’m Dohee” They bowed and introduced themselves one by one. I also noticed that all of them are quite charming and handsome. Geez, I didn’t know this building was a lair of hot men. This must explain why a lot of girls are outside.

“Hilarious!” Tao, a guy with dark eye bags exclaimed. I wanted to kick him in the but he looked like some badass kid or something.

I remained quiet, like wtf? It’s their fault by the way, if they didn’t fool me into buying them chicken in exchange for my boss then I wouldn’t be here on a matching sauna outfit. Everyone continued laughing.

“Stop that already and eat. We’ll have a lot of things to practice and talk about” Mr. Kim said showing out of nowhere. Their laughter faded and was replaced by chewing sounds.

I looked at Mr. Kim who was somewhere at the back checking his ipad. Practice? What in the world would they practice for?

“It’s good that hyung already has an assistant again, he’s always so busy with our schedule and can’t concentrate during practice period because he had to deal with his business” Baekhyun said and settled a meter and a half away from me. I nodded, trying to show them I was listening. “Y-yeah”

“Now that you’re here, you are our new best friend” Jongdae, who liked to be called Chen put his arms around me and chuckled. The others laughed too. “You mean new errand runner” Luhan corrected, he was Chinese but his accent was so good, without a trace of Chinese or something.

I tried to comprehend what they were talking about but I didn’t really get it and I was becoming uncomfortable because I realized how stupid I looked with this sauna outfit.

“Now we can practice more smoothly” Sehun, the youngest commented as he sipped his bubble tea.

“Practice for what?” I asked, they all turned to me.

“For our performances, we actually have a very busy year ahead doing promotions in China and Korea and also on other countries” Chanyeol explained.

“Performances? Don’t tell me you’re one of those gay kpop idols who know nothing but to kill teenagers with aegyo and gayness and eye liners and those stuff.” I laughed at the end of my remark because it would really be funny if they were idols, I mean with these faces, I think they’re corporate men and stuff and also, with my boss being one of them, I don’t think it’s his style.

But everyone was silent. I looked up and they were all looking unbelievably at me.

“W-what? – don’t tell me—” I stopped and wanted to faint at the scene.

“Where in the world did you come from?” Kris, finally spoke and shook his head in disbelief.

“You mean, where outside the Earth did you come from?” Tao inserted.

“Wait, so you’re telling me you are—”

Kyungsoo or D.O. or Do Kyungsoo or I’m not really sure what his name is, cut me short.

“Yes. We’re telling you we are those gay kpop idols who know nothing but to kill teenagers with aegyo and gayness and eye liners and those stuff”

I bit lowers lips. What the actual . I can’t believe this.

“Geez, have you been hiding in a cave all these years?” Layxing or whatever commented and looked clueless.

I think so. I haven’t been so updated with things like that I mean, my college years were spent out of town and into botanical gardens and laboratories. I had more passion socializing with plants than with people and even more, with idols like them.

“I—I can’t seem to picture you guys—dancing and singing” being gay all over television. I wanted to defend myself .I looked at my boss, his eyes were darted at me and then gazed back to his ipad. So he—he actually is an idol? Is that the reason why he lived so secretively and seldom goes to his office?

I know now… so this is his life huh?

I just can’t picture him singing or dancing. I mean, he’s one different person when he is in the office. It was always a hell day and he was always angry or mad or frustrated. While today, he might seem busy but he looked calm and positive.

“Aigoo, you should feel really lucky today Dohee-ssi, you have entered this building while every girl in the world drools because they can only see the door” Jongin said and smirked.

The hell? Lucky? With this bunch of crazy idiots? Who would feel lucky are you kidding me? Even if their handsome but they eat and act and talk like idiots. Like kids who never knew there’s more to life than pororo.

“O-oh, r-really?” I tried to respond, I didn’t want to look like a lost puppy or something.

“You bet” Sehun added.

“That’s enough guys, finish your food. Practice will start in ten minutes” Mr. Kim said and walked towards us.

“You can go now. I’ll just call you if something important comes up” he looked at me. I nodded attentively and bowed.

I stood up. “Bye Dohee-ssi” they all chorused.

“I’m going now. Bye” I bowed and went to the entrance.

“Come again next time, but please buy taro milk tea!” Luhan shouted. That’s right. I forgot he mentioned it over the phone.

I was about to open the door when I heard Mr. Kim call me from behind. I ly to find his face an inch from mine. OMG. He looked even more angelic. . My heartbeat was pacing and I swear I was running out of air. I can see the details of his face more clearly. His skin was milky white and sure the hell smelled and looked so expensive. His eyes were a bit brown but sad. His nose was perfectly bridged and his cheeks were so squishy.

Before I could study his face down further he stepped back while I pretended it was nothing.

“Yes sir?” I asked casually, praying to the heaven’s not to blush. Dohee-ah just please don’t blush right now. Just please don’t this up.

“S—stay mum about this. Don’t dare tell anyone, not even your family or closest friend. This is a top secret. If I found out that you did tell people about this, about me, I’ll fire you and more than that hunt you even in the corners of the Earth. Do you understand?”

I nodded by eyes were locked on his angelic face. How can he be so strict and still look like an angel who guarded the heavens since the dawn of time?

“Do you understand?” he repeated more sternly.

“Sir, yes sir” I did a salute and then went out.

 

I found myself outside the building. Was I dreaming? Are those idiots really idols? Is Mr. Kim Joonmyeon an idol? What could be their group name be?

I noticed that there were a lot of girls, twice as many before I entered the building, waiting outside with their banners and cameras and gift bags.

Are they that famous?

I failed to catch the words in their banners because I was so occupied with what just happened and also because I was walking in a hurry because I can’t deal with myself in public wearing matching sauna outfit.

Ew.

“Tsss. Watch out Kim Joonmyeon, I’m gonna know more about you” I said to myself as I walked down the street. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

For the first time in my life, I had the appetite to surf the internet.

 


 

Author's note:

Hi there you!

How's life? Yeah, an update for you :-)

Sorry if it's boring or something but I'm really really happy that Dohee finally found out his boss's other side. Now she can use this against him in the future or not. But don't worry our Dohee is not a bad person. :-)

Have a good day. I hope you'll anticipate the next chapter :-)

EXO Saranghaja!