23

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

“Geez, what happened to you? You look like a zombie” Tao commented upon seeing me and looked at me weirdly. He looked so surprised but also, he was trying to suppress his laughter. He was with Luhan and Minseok who was picking their food on the long elongated table containing every food known to man.

Luhan and Minseok just looked at me with the same surprised face but without saying anything just a smile and a good morning greeting.

Looks like this jerk is happy because for the first time he saw someone who has bigger eye bags then him.

I wasn’t in the mood of answering any bull right now. I just gave him a glance, I sighed and shrugged.

I continued to set the table up, preparing Mr. Kim’s breakfast. My eyes are really so heavy and for the first in a long time. They are half-open and half-close but no matter how I tried, I just can’t bring myself to fall asleep.

I didn’t wake up early, because I wasn’t able to sleep to begin with. I got up around six o’clock and took a bath. I changed into the red tracksuit because I was in the mood to wear red today. I attended to his schedule and reviewed the activities they’ll have.

  •                 Rehearsals
  •                 Hair and Make-up
  •                 Red Carpet
  •                 Press Conference
  •                 Concert Proper
  •                 Victory Dinner and Party

Bet they’ll have a busy day ahead. A really, really busy day ahead.

“Ohh, hyung’s so lucky to have a breakfast ready waiting for him” It was Baekhyun who was with the twin towers, Chanyeol and Kris.

“Dohee-ah, what happened to you? You look so tired…Did you not get enough sleep?” Chanyeol asked on the other hand, checking my face.

“Tss. You girls should know that stress will not make your skin look good” Kris added and shook his head.

Yeah whatever Kris…like I care…

I was too tired to argue with these idiots first thing in the morning. I looked at the table once again.

I set up a healthy breakfast for Mr. Kim since I figured he needed this and also besides, I think this would make his parents happy—his mother to be exact.

“Why are you so careless Secretary Hwang”

“Don’t worry, this is an exemption—they call it helping the people in need, there’s a difference and I won’t ever be the one to flirt first—that’s a fact”

“I know I may have gone a bit far last time…”

“Know where you stand next time and I don’t have to do that”

“It will be a long day tomorrow; I need you to wake up early.”

“I’m going to my hellhole now”

His words were echoing inside my head since the moment he left the room and is responsible for my insomnia.

Aigoo, he’s starting to get on my nerves. Really…

“W-who’s that?” I saw Sehun elbowing the sleepy Jongin by his side, pointing at me.

I shot them a look. Ugh, jerks trying my patience so early in the morning. ARGHH.

Please, idiots, I’m not in the mood.

Jongin looked at me, rubbing his eyes and then a smirk appeared on his face.

“Oh, I didn’t know Dohee could pull off tracksuits” he said and smiled at me.

“I’m not sure if that’s a compliment or—” I said to myself

Sehun’s brows arched up.

“What the hell are you talking about Jong—omigat, Dohee? I-is that you?” he asked in surprise.

I rolled my eyes in disbelief then sighed in resignation. Can these idiots stop being idiots?

“What?” I said, trying to lift my eye lids to take a better look at the idiots.

“I almost didn’t recognize you. You look like a zombie in a weird tracksuit” Sehun stated, eyeing my tracksuit.

“Whatever” I muttered and rolled my eyes but Jongin seemed so amused with what he is seeing.

“What?” I shot him a glare. Idiot just can’t stop with those eyes…

“Nothing, I think you’re really cool…and pretty” he said, almost like he was trying to woo me.

I shook my head and wanted to just ignore them when I found him grinning.

“What the hell? Are you hitting on me?” I asked him, alarmed at his state that was getting creepy.

“What do you think?” he asked. Ewwww, this bastard is really trying my patience.

I made a disgusted reaction and then shook my head. He just chuckled and passed by me to get his breakfast.

“Looks like you’re not the only one who had a sleepless night” Tao elbowed me and then pointed at the entrance. I saw Mr. Kim with Kyungsoo, Jongdae and Yixing.

Oh my goodness, here he comes.

Dohee, please act normal.

Act like nothing happened yesterday.

Poker face activate.

Pokerf ace activate.

I tried to calm myself, my fingers fidgeting behind me.

My eye brows scrunched not understanding what Tao was talking about. I scanned their faces again and realized Mr. Kim also had dark eye bags under his eyes.

I didn’t know devils grow tired too. What a pity, his handsome face is not that handsome today.

Wait, what am I even thinking? Eww. Handsome? Who’s handsome? My feet? Ugh. Why did I even think about handsome and then his face? Like eww. No way. Ew.

Ew.

Seriously.

Ew.

Ugh. Just please forget I ever thought of that.

I glared at Tao who was smirking at me and then I shook my head in resignation.

“Excuse me” I said and turned around to get Mr. Kim’s coffee.

I planned to get it whenever he’s around so that it will not turn cold.

“Excuse me miss, can I have a cup of pure brewed black coffee, no cream, no sugar” I said to the girl who was assigned in the coffee bar.

“Here you go ma’am”

“Thanks” I said and then hurried to put it on his table.

“Woah, Hyung your breakfast is already laid out—aish so lucky” Jongdae remarked as he eyed the food I prepared on the table. Mr. Kim was a bit surprised but then kept his composure and looked over at the buffet table then back at his table.

“You want it?” he asked Jongdae

Yah! Why are you giving it to others?! I got up early to prepare this for you!

“W-what? A-are you kidding? That was prepared for you—it’s okay, I’m just gonna get my breakfast, I also wanted big portions of peach-mango pie so haha” he said and rubbed his stomach.

I just stood a meter and a half away from the table and waited for him to eat his breakfast and give me orders. Well, that’s my work after all.

The others settled beside Mr. Kim’s seat while I found Yixing sprout in the middle of nowhere beside me.

Holy Cheetos I almost had a heart attack.

“Yi-Yixing-ssi…” I said, startled.

He narrowed his eyes and then studied my face. I leaned a little away.

“Why do you look like a zombie?” he dumbly asked.

Wow, of all the questions he could ask to my face, he had to ask that. Wow, Yixing just wow.

“I-uh” I started reason but then was I cut when Chanyeol, Tao and Sehun joined him.

“Looks like someone had a busy night last night” Tao said while Chanyeol and Sehun smirked.

“W-what a-are you talking about?” I asked, defensively and beautifully stuttering (that was sarcstic)  in front of these handsome idiots. Ugh. Creeps.

And for the record, it was already past midnight. It was early morn.

“I saw hyung carry you last night” Chanyeol wiggled his brows

What the hell.

I wanted to die this instant. Like this instant.

Like seriously this instant.

I wish the ground would just devour me this instant. Like seriously.

I felt my eyes twitch and the air was getting awkward. Ooooh .

What do I say? What in the world would I say?

“I-I t-tripped a-and the-en f-fell a-and the-en hu-urt m-my le-eg, h-he w-was j-just helpi-ing m-me” I replied shyly, lowering my head.

Ugh, why did he have to see it?  LIKE WHHYYYYY?

“Hmmm?” Sehun replied meaningfully, trying to imply that he wasn’t buying it.

“T-trust m-me that was the end of it” I muttered, with more courage now because these jerks are just so annoying.

They all smiled weirdly at me, trying to provoke me. ERRRRR!

“Dohee-ah”

We all turned our heads. It was Mr. Kim.

I gulped and glanced at them with anxiety then looked back at him.

They pretended to cough and wiggled their brows and then went to the tables to eat.

Curse you idiots….

“Yes Mr. Kim?” I said and attended to him.

“There’s a Seven/Eleven just a few blocks away from the hotel, buy me a pack of that chocolate energy bar I gave you back at the plane, I need it plus vitamin water, get three bottles” he said and handed me his card. It was a black. Ugh, rich .

“U-uh, okay Sir” I said and took the card.

“And….” He added

“Hmmmm?” I attentively replied.

“H-how’s your leg?” he asked, his voice was changed a little and he was not looking at me directly. His brows a little scrunched up like he didn’t like how the question went out from his mouth.

“I-it’s a-already o-okay” I replied and looked at the jerks who were secretly laughing behind their leader’s back.

Ugh! Freaks.

Because I can’t sleep, I just practiced my leg and ankle. I tried to stretch it and then rotate slowly until I could use them just fine. Then I started to walk back and fro inside my hotel room and tried sing nursery rhymes because it did help me and I was a bit bored.

He just nodded his face serious. I bowed and walked slowly towards the exit to buy the chocolate bars and vitamin water.

Wait a minute…. D-did I hear it right? H-he called me Dohee-ah again…

Aigoo, seriously, this devil is so unpredictable and confusing.

 

After buying the chocolate energy and vitamin water, the boys were no longer in the restaurant but the some of the staffs were still there. I glanced over the table I set up for Mr. Kim and saw that the food was barely moved.

He didn’t eat?

I can’t help ask myself and felt bad. Why wouldn’t he eat breakfast? I put a lot of effort to prepare it and he didn’t even eat something. Ugh, this prick doesn’t really know how to be grateful!

I furiously went over to one of the male waiters who was attending to them a while ago .

“Excuse me; did somebody sit in this chair?” I asked in Japanese, pointing at the chair where Mr. Kim should have sat.

He shook his head, his eyes on the food.

“I’m afraid he only drank coffee and then went up” he answered

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

And he had the guts lie to his mother that he was eating healthy. UGHGHGHGH!

“Can you please make a packed breakfast with the same food as those; I’ll just bring it over to his room”

“Okay ma’am” the waiter said and hurried towards the buffet table.

I tapped my foot impatiently, waiting for the packed breakfast. I glanced over to the table and noticed that his mug was empty.

Coffee? He thinks he could survive the whole day with just coffee?

“He’s crazy” I muttered to myself and then after a while, the waiter finally came and handed me the packed breakfast.

“Thank you” I said and left.

 

 

A lot of people were busy walking around the hallway, a lot of staffs were preparing for today’s events. There were also camera man who covers their behind the scenes for the fans to see later.

I made my way through the hallway and knocked at his door. Nobody answered.

I knocked again and then the door was opened and slightly moved just a few inches but he wasn’t there at the other side.

I knocked again even though the door was opened. Then I saw Mr. Kim opening it widely, with a phone pressed on his ear. He was talking to someone on the phone.

“Come in” he mouthed and then I went in. He pointed to the table beside the couch and meant for me to put the things I bought there.

I looked over to the desk on the other corner and saw his laptop widely stretched out, it’s screen glowing, a lot of papers on his desk and some folders and then a coffee cup—probably empty.

So he’s been working the whole night—that’s why he didn’t get some rest?

Who does he think he is? Edward Cullen? A vampire that can stay awake for five hundred years?

Come on, he can’t be that delusional.Can he?

As I put the bag of food that I bought, I found two empty wrappers of the chocolate energy bar that he gave me lying on the table.

Tell me you’re kidding me? Serisously? Kim Joonmyeon? You feed on chocolate energy bars? Trust me, before even turning 28 you’ll be dead because of diabetes.

My brows knitted upon seeing his situation. I never thought that he really meant it when he said that he was working hard. I was scanning the place without realizing that it was silent again.

“Anything else you need?” he asked, placing his phone on the desk. “Uh—n-nothing just—I s-saw your breakfast u-unmoved a while ago, s-so I tried to get you a new one” I said, hoping he’d at least acknowledge my kindness.

Now that I realized I haven’t thanked him after he carried me.

“Just eat that, I’m full” he replied casually and faced his laptop screen. He was narrowing his eyes near the screen, trying to read something seriously.

He looks really tired but still can pull of his I’m a y looking bastard look. .

Wait? Did I say? Did I really say that? Oh my goodness. Like did I even think of that?

Why would I even think of that?!

Ridiculous.

Him? y? Ew.

Ew.

Ew.

Omg, Dohee, what is happening to your pea brain?

“You may leave now” he said and brought me back to my senses.

I wanted to protest and let him eat but I just stood there dumbfounded.

“I—uh Mr. Kim, y-you s-should really e-eat a p-rpoper breakfast, y-you’ve been u-up the whole night” I said, trying to be a normal concerned citizen of the world. But I surely know that I sounded like an alpaca again or worse.

“I’m okay, just eat it”

“I—uh—I’ll just leave it here” I finally said and left.

Geez. That was stubborn.

 

“Oh wow, what have we got here? Hello Dohee…”

It was Jongin—again— being freaky—again.

“Seriously? You should start calling me formaly Jongin, I’m older than you” I looked up at him with unamused eyes.

“What were you doing inside there?” he asked, not sneaking on me or provoking me, but he looked really curious although he can’t just make it really easy because he looked like a creep and sounding like a paranoid girlfriend.

Tch. I rolled my eyes and shook my head in disbelief.

“Really? Are you seriously thinking of that? Come one, gimme a break” I said, still shaking my head.

He just smiled—the one that he makes when he’s amused or I don’t know—he just seemed amused to me.

“What do you think I think?” he asked, challenging me. Ugh. Irritating prick just can’t stop asking questions.

But I was silenced with his question. I didn’t want like voice it out too, like come on, that’d be very embarrassing and I’m not really sure of what he was thinking too.

I looked at him for a while, my thoughts, lost for an answer then I just managed to blurt an indirect, but clear one.

“I delivered food, happy now?” I said and stepped aside, walking towards the door of my room.

“Dohee-ah, you really look good in a tracksuit” he said. I think my eyes would really get sprained because I’ve always been rolling them ever since I woke up.

I closed my eyes and clenched my jaw and turned around.

“Noona, you call me Noona next time” I told him. I turned the knob of my door but before I could go inside, I stopped.

“A-and if y-you re-eally me-e-ant it, t-then I-I’m g-grateful” I said, not glancing back—but I could feel him smirk and I went inside.

I’m not a heartless piece of who is ungrateful when people compliment me, but I don’t take it well too because I suffer from a  very low self-esteem and sometimes I suffer too much that I end up hating myself for the next 300 hours.

Seriously. That’s a true story.

I just don’t believe people that easily when they complement me because I just have a hard time finding where my confidence is located inside my skin like seriously.

Aish. Kim Jongin, you’re also one piece of a pain in the . Really.

 

 

“Looking fab huh?!” Jisuk was teasing me as we made our way into the backstage of the concert arena where they will be performing.

I rolled my eyes. People just can’t shut their freaking mouths about this tracksuit. Is it their first time seeing a tracksuit in their whole life? Like seriously people, quit it.

“Seriously, you were the one who told me I could buy clothes in that place” I said and shot him a glare.

Jisuk’s face changed into a what-are-you-looking-at expression.

“What? You didn’t tell me you were buying clothes for yourself” Jisuk responded, opening the door of the waiting room.

“Who then would I be buying the clothes for?” I replied at him but he just shook his head and smiled.

“At least, you look okay” he said.

He placed the things he carried with him, probably it was make-up and other accessories while I pushed the trolley of other props with me and placed it beside the couch and then dropped myself. The waiting room was quite big, with really bright lights, big mirrors, and a fridge with a lot of waters and other drinks and then chairs.

“They’re currently having their rehearsals, wanna watch them?” Jisuk suddenly asked.

I looked up at him, getting his coat off and then fixing his hair, facing the mirror. I smiled a little and then shook my head.

“What?” he asked me—genuinely surprised.

“Nothing” I muttered and stood, walking to the door.

“Seriously Dohee, you’re so weird” he said and then followed me. We walked towards the stage and then he lead the way towards the empty chairs in front. The arena was really, really, really huge and I heard the tickets were sold out before 60 minutes. That’s really wicked.

“What do you call the concert again?” I asked in hushed voice

“SM TOWN” Jisuk replied back, in a hushed manner, his eyes glued on the people rehearsing on the stage and his hands were crossed on his chest.

I followed his gaze and realized some girls were practicing on the stage.

“W-who a-are they?” I asked.

Jisuk turned to me, his brows knitted high, and his eyes were in terrible shock.

“Dohee, have you been living in a cave?” he sarcastically said.

Serisouly? Just because I asked you that question, it automatically makes me a caveman? Or cavewoman in that matter?

“Uh- that’s what they also called me when I asked about who EXO was—but I’m not from a cave, actually I come from a place with a roof and humans call it a house” I answered sarcastically, although I’m not that really offended but still… but still… Why the heck did I not know these people in the first place?

Have I been really living in a cave?

Jisuk laughed. “Witty. They’re SNSD. So nyu Si dae—heard of them?”

My eyes widened. Oh right, I remembered.

“Gee gee gee gee baby baby?” I half sang.

Jisuk grinned and  nodded. “Yes, that’s it”

“Ooohh” I replied in amazement. I only heard these songs on radios and on MTV sometimes.

It’s actually a good feeling getting to know these idols.

“OoOoh, they look so pretty….” I said in amazement, looking at them carefully and up close.

Jisuk slowly nodded and in agreement but then his face went back to normal.

“Nahh—I know they are pretty but sometimes they wear too much make-up” he said matter-of-factly. I just looked at him, my eyes blinking innocently and uninterestedly. Because first of all, I don’t have any knowledge with make-up, trust me and second of all, what is make-up?

Nah. Just kidding of course I know what it is.

“Honestly Dohee, I’m really wondering why you let yourself become Joonmyeon’s secretary” he said, his tone was serious but his eyes were still watching the girls who were dancing.

“W-what do you mean?” I asked him

“Geez. You look like a Korean Barbie, you could’ve just become a model or something—like an idol like them” he gestured his head towards the stage.

I wanted to laugh on the spot. Like seriously? Are you kidding me? Korean Barbie?

“I-I don’t think so, I initially wanted to be botanist and you know—maybe marry plants” I said, my voice a bit low realizing what my dreams was and what I am now….

“OooOh, the secret nerd I see”

“Secret nerd? More like nature lover”

We both laughed and then he elbowed me.

“Here they are, it’s their turn”

I looked at the stage filled with people but I can only see one face. Kim  Joonmyeon’s.

He was serious, trying to place s to their arrangement and position.

“Sehun, make sure you don’t go too far behind, there are smoke machines on the side, you might end up being covered by thick smokes, so just stand a bit behind Jongdae okay?”

“Chanyeol, please do make sure you’re not covering Kyungsoo if you’d rap that part okay?”

“Kyungsoo, I think you should step a little closer to Minseok… that’s it”

"Have you guys memorized your Japanese greetings yet?......Oh Sehun, please do"

“He’s always hands on” I heard Jisuk’s voice once again.

I just blinked—and continued to blink awkwardly this time. Why is he telling me this? It’s obvious though….

“He might seem easy and out-going on screen but that kid is so poor” he continued, resting his chin on his knuckles, as his elbow stands on the armrest of the chair.

“Poor? What do you mean poor?” I asked, almost instantly.

“I know how rich he is. You don’t have to point that out to me but when I see poor, I mean—deprived of happiness. He is always a sad person behind the stage. Having to take care of s, having to be a role model—the managers expect a lot of him and also, does his family”

I looked at Joonmyeon and I just felt something in me melted and I saw how determined he was to pursue this—like it was something he really wanted in his whole life.

“Whenever I start doing his make-up, I always notice the dark circles under his eyes and sometimes in the middle of making his hair—he’d fall asleep and sometimes I just don’t wake him up because I know he’d been up for the whole night—he depends too much on energy bars too—so you should fill his bag with that one” Jisuk continued.

And I wondered why he was telling me this. Did he also see what I see? Or did he see even more that I could. I just remained silent, nodding a little—trying to show him I was listening.

I just gulped and then continued looking at him and somehow, even though I was angry at him for being an ever since, but I’m human too—and he is too—and I guess—it’s okay to feel this way for a while.

Like wanting to tell him it’s okay….


Author's note:

Wee, another update because I'm getting closer to my favorite parts :-)
Anyways, poor Dohee and Suho- both had sleepless nights but not 
together of course. Haha...

Anyways, for the last chapters, I'm sorry if I have used the curses too
much but I just want to emphasize that that is how Dohee usually 
is when she's pissed but don't worry I'll lessen the curses.

To the people who were offended, I'm sorry... 

And to the people who patiently reads this fic, I'm really grateful that
you guys are still reading this, with all it's flaws and imperfetions...

Thank you and have a good day...

I'm really happy with this chapter but I'll be so much happier with the
next one.....

You want some teasers? Hihihihhi... I'll just give you some clues...

The next chapter might be full of fluff (or I guess for me it's enough
to be considered fluff hahaha) Byee...