33

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

Who said 3 am is only for the poets who write because they are lonely? Tch, don’t believe them. 3 am is also for the ninjas out there who like to explore the backyard of their boss’s house because they can’t sleep.

Hah, well that’s what I think.

Don’t get me wrong the bed was perfectly fine, it was really soft, softer than the ones I had in Ahjumma’s sauna actually but I really just can’t sleep. I have moved from left to right then back to the left side then to the right side again until I decided to read a Russian novel to tire myself and drowse off but I ended up reading the whole novel till the last page and the only thing I understood was Moscow and ballet. Great.

Well so anyways, I changed my methods of putting myself to sleep, I decided to listen to music but my playlist was seriously ed up. Like seriously.

Who the hell could sleep while listening to Shinee’s ringdingdong? Or Super Junior’s Bonamana? Or Girl’s Generation’s Run Devil Run? Or F(x)’s Nu Abu?

Aiissh, I’m going crazy.

Instead of sleeping, I ended up dancing in the bathroom but I fell down on my so badly that I swore I’m never going dance like that again—ever. Aish.

I didn’t even bother to finish the whole playlist because my really hurts. I stood up and grabbed a pair of black sweatpants and sweater and decided to become a ninja for the first time since I could remember.

Classic. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and my reflection looked like a malnourished lizard in a gorilla’s skin. Eww. I look horrible but anyways, it. I always looked horrible since the beginning of time.

I need to sleep before the sun rises—I just need to sleep so badly because everything is so overwhelming to me these days. I keep on overthinking and everything is just so noisy I don’t even want talk about it. AGH! I hate my life.

So anyways, I decided to go out and maybe get some fresh air in the garden and go stargazing.

Here I am slowly tiptoeing my way across the hallway to reach the other part of the house. I carefully tiptoed from my room until I reached end of the staircase. I carefully looked around to check if Mr. Kim is still awake.

Left side- no signs of him.

Good.

Right side- no signs of him too.

Perfect.

Okay, I think I’m clear.

I hurriedly tiptoed to the nearest door I could find that leads to the garden. Aish, how come there are many doors than there were before?

I slowly and carefully, without a sound, pushed the door but it doesn’t open. Aish, What’s up with this?

I pushed harder this time, but it still doesn’t open. I tried to twist the knob but it’s not twisting. I twisted harder, trying to put force in it. Aish, what is wrong with this door?

“Yah! Why aren’t you opening?!” I hissed under my breath. Aish, what the hell is wrong with this?!

“Yah! What is wrong with you, why don’t you open?!” I whispered irritatingly to the door and tried to push it again with my both my palms.

“Aigoo, why don’t you open?!” Aish, jinja?!

I stepped backward and pointed at the door with utter seriousness.

“Y-yah! Why don’t you open? I need fresh air so please! I’m begging you.” I pleaded. Aish I’m getting tired of this .

I tried to open it again, pushing and twisting the knob but it still wasn’t opening. Yah?! What is wrong with this?

“Yah, why won’t you open? Aish jinja!” I hissed and ruffled my hair. Maybe this is a magic portal to hell.

Aha or maybe this needs a little abracadabra magic. Mwahaha.

I thought of a way that might just work. I took a few steps back again until the door was about a meter and a half away from me. I flexed my neck and made hand circular gestures with my arms and then closed my eyes.

“Abrakadabra!” I chanted in a very hopeful voice. I hope the heavens would let me through this time.

I slowly waited for three second before opening my eyes.

3…2…1…

“What the hell are you doing?”

I cold, stern voice spoke from behind me. “Holy shi—”

I jumped and turned around only to meet a pair of piercing eyes, scarier than that of chuckie’s. Holy !

My hands flew to cover my mouth and I stood astonished, speechless and shocked. What the he—I thought he was already asleep?

Mr. Kim was standing by the door frame, but even with only dim lights to aid my sight I could see his hair dripping wet (again—wtf?!) and he was wearing a thin white bathrobe while a gray towel hangs around his neck.

Please don’t tell me I’m going to handle this kind of scene for the rest of my life or I’ll probably die. No kidding. He’s friggin hot right now I can’t. I seem to forget the reason why I’m here in the first place.

He started to walk slowly towards me. Oh . Doomsday is coming everyone.

His eyebrows narrowed and I can feel satan’s wrath radiating from his skin to mine. Holy , he’s coming closer and closer. What the hell Dohee…

I can’t even bring myself to think clearly when all is see is his glorified eyebrows growing bigger in front of me. Holy cow. And my eyes can’t seem to escape his piercing stare. Oh no! Oh gosh! Heaven’s help me!

“I—uh—I –uh—” Oh no, I think I’m being swallowed alive.

“You what?”

I sank lower until I felt my back against the door. “I w-was j-j-just—”

“You were just what?”

“W-was t-trying t-to p-push the d-door.” I answered in a very tiny voice.

I can’t even register the words he is been saying because he is coming closer bit by bit and he smells like freaking vanilla! WHY?!

AGH! This is so frustrating.

“And?”

“I-I-I c-can’t s-seem t-to p-push i-it…”

Unexpectedly, Mr. Kim’s lips stretched into a sarcastic smile. “Of course, because that’s a sliding door.”

I dropped my jaws and my face heated up in embarrassment. R-really? J-jinja?. , why haven’t I noticed?

Yah! Dohee-ah, why haven’t you thought about that?! Aish, jinja! Now you look like an utter stupid gorilla. Aigoo.

“What are you going to do outside?” he asked and scanned me from head to toe.

“J-just t-trying t-to h-have a b-bit of –f-fresh a-air i-into m-my s-system…”

“Is the air inside this how not fresh enough for you?”

Aish. Devil’s got so many questions.

“B-because I-I’m h-h-havi—”

“Because you’re having?” he cut in impatiently.

I lowered my head as his stare became so dark plus his scent is becoming so strong it’s making me mad. “I-I-I’m having trouble sleeping.”

 “And so you try to become a lizard stuck in a gorilla’s skin tiptoeing your way out like a thief?”

I’m doomed. Seriously and how did he even figure that I look like a lizard in a gorilla’s skin, am I that bad? Ouch. Thank you mister for reminding me.

“K-kind of…” I bit my lip, my eyes dropping to my feet. He folded his arms and examined me for a while. I didn’t even dare to look at him or I’ll be dead meat. gets real ya know.

“Follow me.” He uttered strictly and turned around whilst I stand stiff and awkward on my spot. I looked at him walking away. How could he look like that? For goodness sake’s it’s already midnight and he still looks like an angel.

Come again? An angel? Yah! Hwang Dohee, how many times do I have to tell you he doesn’t look like an angel?! Are you crazy? Huh! Please get yourself straight.

So you’re saying that—

What I’m trying to tell you is that he doesn’t and will never look like an angel, you just lack sleep that is why your view gets so distorted. So, so, so distorted my dear friend.

Aish, jinja. Dear friend? Please remember you’re just talking to yourself .

Ugh, Hwang Dohee why did you even exist?

I’m mentally face palming right now. Errr. I hate my life.

I followed him to his office lazily. Aish, I really want to sleep already!

Where do I even begin? Right after I walked into his office, I saw a lot of papers towering over each other from every corner of the room. W-what the—these weren’t here a while ago.

 “Here.”

What. The. Actual. .

He shoved something on my arms and they were really heavy. I looked up at him only to see his face so much lcearer in the light. Oh gosh, this is so frustrating. I feel a weird squirm growing in my gut. Aissshh. Aigooo, what the hell is this now?

“Work on that.” He instructed, going around his table and sat on his throne, I mean, swivel chair.

“O-okay S-sir...” What the actual ?  Like I can’t even sleep and I am trying to find a way to sleep and here you are trying to make me work. Okay. I got it. I’m in hell already. Right.

Why didn’t I see that coming? UGH. I mentally rolled my eyes and breathed exasperatingly.

I turned my head to look at my boss only to see him looking directly at me. Very unimpressed and cold. He moved his eyes towards the chair on the other side of his table, across him. I gulped and prepared myself for the real hell “Work.”

Aigoo, work time is already over! Can’t you rest yourself? Aren’t you tired?!

Aish, jinja! After three months wait and see you devil! You’re never going to do this to me again!

I walked towards the chair. Hugging the folders to my chest and hiding the urge to kill this head in front of me. I sat down and surprisingly, I didn’t expect to be working closer with Mr. Kim. I secretly rolled my eyes before putting the folders on the table.

I need air.

I didn’t bother looking back at him anymore for I might get totally burned by his stare. Before opening the folder, I closed my eyes, praying that these folders doesn’t contain inventories. I hate inventory reports.

“Please don’t let it be inventories, I hate inventories.” I murmured to myself.

I slowly peeked at the papers and —oh man! They are inventories! I hate inventories. Heaven knows how much tiring inventories are!

Doesn’t he trust his board members enough?!

I darted a look on my boss’s direction, planning to kill him with my stare when he suddenly out of nowhere he puckered his lips as slowly and strangely as one could and then yawned like a baby and then sneezed.

W-what the hell w-was t-that?

I fell silent and my mouth opened a little. I-I’m shocked. I mean he didn’t sneeze so loudly or carelessly, he sneezed more beautifully and cuter than any person I know could. W-what the a-actual h-hell?!

I just stared at him—appalled. He stared back with a blush forming on his cheeks.

I blinked once. He blinked too.

I blinked twice. He looked away, and then pulled two tissue napkins from the box. Awkward.

I slowly lowered my eyes back to my report when he sneezed again. I looked at him again with the same expression, he threw me a look and an annoyed stare. “Just do your work.” He muttered while pulling tissue napkins.

That’s what you get when you keep on working and forget that you are human and you need 8-10 hours of sleep. Aish jinja. You suffer alone.

I started to scan the report and check the accomplishments. Oh well, hell just started, like I have a choice.

I started to check the reports and have already highlighted the monthly rates and figures and while I was working, Mr. Kim kept on sneezing and sometimes going out of his office and go upstairs.

After working on the reports I realized that I need to type this in my computer already since I’m 100% sure he’ll need this for his presentation on Tuesday. I closed the folder and stood. Mr. Kim was still not around so I decided it would better if I got my computer.

I went upstairs when I suddenly heard him cough from his room. I walked a little closer by his door, enough to listen and hear whatever was happening inside. It was silent. I shrugged.

Why would I care if he’s got colds? It’s his fault anyways. Better finish work and hurry to sleep.

I turned around to step back when I heard another cough followed by more coughs.

I looked the door once again. Is he sick? But why the hell is he working in this time if he’s sick?

What is wrong with his brain?

I took a longer glance at his door and finally went to my room to get my computer. I got it and then headed down directly. Mr. Kim was already seated back to his position and was holding a phone to his ear. I could see the tip of his nose turning pink and his eyes were glassy.

Oh dear no.

 

I walked silently to my chair and resumed on my work.

“Eh?” Mr. Kim spoke responding to the person on the other line.

“What? N-no! I’m good.”

Who is he calling at this time?

“Really, believe me,”

Curiosity got the better of me (which I always hate), I secretly took a glance at him from time to time as he was answering the phone while reading something.

“No, r-really, I’m perfectly fine—” Mr. Kim wasn’t able to finish his sentence because he coughed. He immediately covered the phone and the coughed on the other side. This time, I’m beginning to worry.

“A-re y-you okay S-sir?” I asked, wanting to stand up and check on him.

He darted me a don’t-you-dare-come-near-me-look-i-don’t-need-your-help. I gulped and stayed on my seat. “Just work.”

After coughing he put the phone back to his ear and then said with a serious tone. “I’m fine. I’m going to sleep now.”

He then ended the call and the put this phone on the right side of the table. He rolled his eyes and then went back to reading.

After three second the phone rang again. Mr. Kim released an irritated breath and then rolled his eyes.

“Mom, I’m trying to sleep.” he wore his famous deadpan expression.

“Yes.”

“Really.”

“Can you please calm down, I’m not twelve.”

“Okay.”

“Do I really have to say that?”

“Mom..”

“What?” he hissed..

“Ok fine—”

There was a pause. I was trying really hard to act like I was so damn serious on my work that I don’t have time to eavesdrop or look at him. I’m a pro at this actually.

But I still could see him clearly. He took a glance at me and the gulped before speaking in a low voice.

“This will be the last time I’m ever going to say this so please listen carefully—okay, okay I get it.”

“Yeah, I get it.”

“Mom.”

“Mom, please—don’t worry I’m not going to—no, I’m not arguing with you—okay, okay…”

“Fine.”

“Okay, it’s my fault—what?! I told you already, yeah, okay, okay, uit’s my fault already.”

I saw him roll his eyes.

“Just let me speak, I’m tired.”

“Okay, Goodnight. I love you to the moon and back. Superhugs from superjoonie to supermom. Mwah. Mwah. Mwah.” His tone was like that of a preschool teacher trying to communicate with the kids. It’s ing hilarious! Someone should have recorded it because he clearly sounded like a seven year old douche. After that, he then automatically put the phone down and crinkled his nose.

Damn. I wanted to burst into laughter.

And he tells her he’s not twelve? Of course, because he’s seven!

I held my laughter as much as I could but it was no use. My lips curved and I bit it before it could become so obvious. I took a glance at MR. Kim who was looking indifferently at me. “What?” he asked with an annoyed manner. “What are you laughing at?”

My eyes widened and I stiffened. “N-nothing S-sir, I-I-I just s-saw a f-funny picture on my computer.” I reasoned. Ugh, such lame lies! Yah! Dohee why do you never get things right?

“I thought I told you to work and not watch any funny picture on your computer?” he shot. I lowered my head.

“I-I’m s-sorry. I-I’m going to work now.” I replied and then another burst of laughter flooded into my system that caused my shoulders to shake. I could feel utter embarrassment from his skin. HAHAHAHAHA!

He suddenly dropped the papers he was holding and then placed it on the table. I could feel an irritated exhale coming from his nose.

“I’m going.”

He directly stood up and then left his seat. I was surprised. How sensitive can he really be?!

I watched as he walked out but before he could exit he looked back. “There’s no stars outside so don’t mind going out.” He said in a flat tone and he was completely gone.

Yah! What is wrong with him? Why is he so irritable or moody?

Just before dinner he was trying to give me a paper bag and then suddenly ordered me to throw it and now he told me to work and then he’s leaving all the work to me. What the is wrong with his peabrain?!

Aish. Never mind him, I hope he rots.

I didn’t mind him and then just got back to my work I must finish this by tomorrow and let his sorry eat it.

 

 

“Who was that?” Mr. Kim Junsu asked, rubbing his eyes. His slumber was disturb because of the noise his wife was making while talking to someone on the telephone.

“It was Joonmyeon,” Kim Yura replied putting the phone back to the table. She slipped back under the sheets with her husband who was half-awake.

“It’s already past midnight, why is he still awake?”

“He told me he was sleeping, aish. I always tell him to sleep before 12 but he never listens.”

“What were you arguing about?”

“Nothing—”, Joonmyeon’s mother twisted her body and faced her husband. “I just miss him. I rarely see him now and when I do, I only see him on TV.”

“It’s your fault, you encouraged him to pursue his idol career.” Her husband replied, adjusting his head on the pillow. Kim Yura rolled her eyes. “We would have seen him more often on his break if not for the hotels he is managing."

The room was silent and Kim Yura moved to face the other direction. Her back was facing Kim Junsu. A tear feel from her closed eyes.

“Whatever he is doing now, he chose it. Let’s not argue about it anymore.” Was the only reply of Kim Junsu and then they both drifted to sleep.

 

 

“Dohee-ah, wake up.”

“Dohee-ah…”

“Dohee-ah…”

“Dohee-ah, wake up.”

I felt someone poking my elbow and a cold wind brushing behind my neck. I slowly opened my eyes and adjust it. I haven’t realized I slept on Mr. Kim’s office. I looked around but no one was around. Strange. I was really sure someone was calling my name out. I turned around to check if Mr. Kim was behind me but no one was. I gulped.

Oh .

I slowly turned my head on another direction but still I didn’t see anyone present. B-b-but I was pretty sur e someone was calling my name and poking my shoulder!

Holy cow. I-is t-this p-place haunted?!

I hurriedly closed my laptop and fixed the folders. I must get out of here before I see someone. Oh t!!

Fucckk.

After I placed the folders back to the pile, I ran out of the office as fast as I could. I hugged my laptop tightly on my chest and headed towards the staircase when I suddenly felt cold chills on my spine. I doubled my speed and finally arrived at the mouth of the staircase. I was about to take a step when I felt a finger poke my shoulder. Oh ! I’m going to die!!!!!!!

I looked around and no one was there. Oh !

I panicked and turned around directly and sprinted my way up when I saw a very pale white boy with very dark lined eyes and short hair and he looks like he was that boy from the grudge.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I shouted and the boy smiled and laughed evilly. “AHHHHH!”

I’m going to die noooooooooooooooooo-----

“Noooo!”

And then I woke up.  Thank goodness it was only a dream!

I panted heavily. I felt big beads of sweat forming on my forehead, on my nose and on my temples. I anxiously looked around me. No one was around. I should go back to my room before anything happens.

I hurried and closed my laptop and hugged it tightly on my chest. I better get out of here.

I haven’t realized I slept in the office while working. I ran out as fast as I could and headed towards the staircase.

As I was running and was about to take the first step, I felt something pulling me back. Holy ! just got real!

Oh no! I’m going to die!!!!

I turned around nervously, only to realize that the male socket of my laptop charger was caught between the legs of the stand lamp.

Thank heavens, I thought it was a ghost.

I inhaled deeply and cautiously walked over to pull the stuck male socket. I gathered them all on my arms so that nothing will hang and I could escape the scene as fast as I can. I turned around, ready to bolt my way upstairs when suddenly I saw a tall figure towering over me. He was pale white with dark circles under his eyes a-and…and…

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ghooooossssttt!” I shouted and was stuck on my place. I didn’t even know what to do. The figure was coming near me now. ! I’m going to dieeeeee! Nooooo!

“Ghoooo—”

But before I could even mutter another word I realized who it was. “M-mr K-im?” I was shocked because he looked so white. He looked like he was barely breathing. What the hell is happening to him?!

He took another step down and another and I was so surprised I didn’t know what to do. “M-mr. K-kim, y-you look so s-sick…” I commented as he came down, closer to me and then all of a sudden, he collapsed even before reaching the last step.

“Mr. Kim!” I shouted, reaching for him. Thankfully, I was able to catch him but he was too heavy for me that we both fell down on the floor. My back hit the floor and it was so damn painful. What the .

Mr. Kim was on top of me and coughing like he was going to die any second now. Holy .

“Ahhh…” I groaned, my back hurts. I tried to move my legs but I was having a hard time feeling them because the only thing I could feel was MR. Kim’s weight pushing me down.

I didn’t realize that I dropped my computer until I felt something behind my legs. .

I was still recovering from my back pain, irking and adjusting myself under this devil. “Ouch.” I uttered in pain. Mr. Kim coughed again. I looked at him and his face was so pale and his nose was red. R-rudolph i-is that you? Just kidding!

“M-mr. Kim, you are so hot!” I panicked when I felt his breath on my skin. His mouth was close to my neck that I swear if someone saw us, they would really be shocked.

I directly placed my palm on his forehead and realized how hot he was. “Oh .” I hissed and pushed him aside. My heart beat began to race. “oh my god.”

I sat up and then kneeled. “Get on my back Sir.” I said anxiously. What the hell am I going to do? He’s so hot?!

Omo, please don’t die!

I looked at Mr. Kim but he was unresponsive. “M-Mr. Kim?” I asked and shook him and he was breathing heavily: “Doctor Ming.” was the only thing he said.

“D-doctor who?”

“M-ming…” he can’t even speak properly.

“G-get on my back so I could take you to your room.” I instructed him. I turned around and kneeled on one knee. My back was facing him this time but he wasn’t moving. Aish. That’s what you get when you overwork yourself you peabrain! I think I’m going to have nervous breakdown any moment now.

I pulled both his arms to let him sit up and then after that, I hanged them on my shoulders and then I started lifting him up.

“H-hang on M-mr. Kim, we’ll go to your room.” I told him and then started to lift him up with all the strength I had. Aish, this devil is so heavy!

my life. Aish, I hope you don’t die you jerk.

I slowly took one step at a time because Mr. Kim is so heavy and it takes every strength in me to lift him on my back even for just five inches.

“Don’t tell mom.” He said in with a very hot breath. I stopped on the second to the last step and turned my head. Aish, why are you trying to be superman? You’re pushing yourself to the limit and you don’t even feed yourself with healthy food and you expect me to not tell your mom?

What if you die tomorrow!? I don’t have a problem with that. But as long as I’m living under one roof with you, then it’s better if it gets postponed. I don’t want to be responsible for your death.

“She worries a lot.”

I exhaled deeply and rolled my eyes. “Fine.” I replied and continued carrying him to his room.

Aigoo, this mister is really hot. I think he’s going to die soon! What to do?!

Finally we arrived at his room and I directly dropped him on his bed.

“M-mr. K-kim, a-are you alright?” I asked him and lightly shook his shoulder but he wasn’t responding.

“M-Mr. Kim!” I shook him again but he wasn’t responding. “Y-yah! M-Mr. Kim—” before I could even finish my sentence. He groaned softly like a baby disturbed from his sleep. Thank heavens!  The only sign that he was still alive was his eyebrows slowly meeting each other on his forehead. Thank goodness, please don’t die yet.

“M-Mr. Kim, just hang on for a minute, I’ll call the emergency –”I told Mr. Kim as I helped him fix himself in bed.

“D-don’t do that—” Mr. Kim said instantly in a very weak voice and then a series of coughing came after. I rolled my eyes. What the are you trying to say Mister? You look like you’re three seconds away from death and—

“Fans will know.”

I remained silent. And you still think about that in this point in your life?!

“Call Dr. Ming, he’s our family doctor.”

He coughed again and then sunk himself lower on his bed. He wrapped his body with the duvet and I could see his lips shiver. “I-it’s so cold.”

I started to panic. Aish, you keep on complaining that it’s cold but you don’t want to go to the hospital.

“O-okay Sir, I’ll just call him. I’ll be right back.” I told him and then ran downstairs to get the telephone. I opened the directory beside it and looked for Doctor Ming’s name.

“Miiii….iinggggg, ddddooooccctoooorrrr….” I traced my hands on he set of names written on the directory. Aha. There it is.

“Ming Kiro, physician. Three, five, zero, eight, one, two, two…” I murmured to myself as I read the numbers and then dialed it on the telephone.

“H-hello? I-is this Dr. Ming?” I spoke after I heard someone answer from the other line.

“Y-yes, this is Dr. Ming, may I help you?”

I looked at the clock and it was already 3:55 in the morning. Oh no.

“I-I’m really sorry to bother you in this time of day but Mr. Kim is sick, can you check him later? Around 7 or 8 in the morning? Or as soon as possible, he’s really hot…”

“Is Kim Joonmyeon sick again?” he asked in an annoyed tone, he sounded like he’s already old because of the accent he uses, it’s so ancient and no formalities.

“Y-yes Doc…”

“Aish, that kid never really learns.” I heard him comment. “Tch, okay, okay, I’ll stop by there before….” There was a pause and then he spoke again, “Ten in the morning. But in the meantime just check his temperature and give him medicine.” He said.

“Okay Doc, copy that. Thank you so much.”

“If anything serious comes up, slap him in the face.” And then he hung up.

My jaws dropped. What the actual f-? D-did I call the right p-person?

What the hell was he talking about?

I slowly blinked, trying to absorb what he said and then slowly went to the kitchen to get some paracetamol and a thermometer.

I immediately went up bringing with me a glass of water, the medicine box and then the thermometer.

“M-mr. K-kim.” I called and went near him. I placed the stuff I brought on the table beside his bed and then shook him lightly. He was desperately clinging into his duvet and hugging himself.

“You should take some medicine to cool you down…” I said. I don’t even know if he even understood or heard me because he was continuing to shiver like he was in North Pole.

I got a tablet of paracetamol on one hand and the glass of water on the other. “H-here S-sri, drink this…”

He slowly opened his eyes and he can’t barely open them properly. He took out his hand and laid his palm infront of me.  I placed the tablet there and then he slowly lifted his upper body, only enough to be able to drink the water properly.

After he was finished drinking, he then fell down on his bed, groaning and then coughing a few times.

“I-I’ll just check your temperature Sir.” I told him and then activated the thermometer. He wasn’t even responding. So is this a yes or a no?

“Uh….” I stuttered, “C-can I raise your arms?”

No answer, just heavy breathing. Okay, I’ll take that as a yes mister because you have no choice.

I grabbed the arm that he used to take the tablet and then raised it so that his underarm will be opened. I learned from my mom that it’s better to put the thermometer on the underarm rather than on the mouth because it has mercury content and it is one of the most toxic chemicals in the world. It’s better to really take it away from direct contact such as the mouth, if anything happen.

He was wearing a thick sweater and I had to insert my hands inside of it to find where his underarms are. I gulped before inserting my arm on the neck opening of his sweater. The moment my hands slipped in, I could feel his skin, not and his flesh lean but soft. I didn’t know what was happening but my hands were shaking more rapidly. What the . Y-yah! Dohee-ah, what is happening to you?!

I then traced my hands on his chest until I reached the side and finally spotted his underarms. I then placed the thermometer on his underarm and then lowered his arm so that it would hold the thermometer on its place.

I quickly pulled my wrist out and then breathed heavily for no ing reasons. Relax Dohee, what’s the big deal about it? Your boss is not going to die okay?!

But your hands just explored his ing chest. Are you kidding me?!

And so what? What’s the big deal? It’s just his chest.

That’s the big deal because it’s his chest and he’s on the verge of dying while you’re standing in front of him getting distracted by his chest. Are you kidding me?!

“C-cold…” I heard him speak.

“D-don’t worry S-sir, I already called your doctor, he’ll be here before ten…”

After a few seconds the thermometer beeped and I had to get it out of his underarms again. S-so does this mean I’m going to freaking get it?

With my bare hands?

Again?

Aish, jinja!

I slowly lifted Mr. Kim’s arms again and gulped. Okay Dohee-ah, just get it as fast as you can and then you are a good to go. Please don’t ever, ever, be distracted by anything just—

“A-are you going to get it or not?” I heard Mr. Kim asked.

“Right…” I answered. I bit my lower lip as I ran my hand down under his sweater and then got the thermometer from his underarm.

I brought to my face and read it.

39 degrees Celsius?! A-Are you kidding me?!

I looked at my boss worriedly and the placed my palms on his forehead. “S-sir, y-you’re really so hot…” I said anxiously.

He wasn’t talking anymore. I placed the thermometer on the table and then shook him lightly. Aish. Jinja.

“M-mr. K-kim, we better go to the hospi—” but before I could finish my sentence he grabbed my hand and then placed it on his cheek. He then twisted his body so that his right cheek could lay above my palms. He held them tightly to his cheek. Uhh, are you okay there bruh?

W-what the is wrong with you!?

I was so surprised I didn’t know what to do.

Holy cow.

“S-sir…” I spoke without knowing what to say next. Are you fully aware mister that you making my palms your mini pillow?! Yah! I need to sleep too! Don’t be selfish.

I wanted to pull my hands away when I saw his face calm down, trying to feel the heat radiating from my palms to his cheek.

Now I’m having second thoughts whether to pull it or not. Aish, I’m going crazy!

Yah! Just because you’re sick doesn’t mean you can use palms as heater mister!

Aish, Mr. Kim what stupidity have you done to be sick like this?!

“Ms. Hwang…” he said in a very low, groggy voice.

“Hmmm?” I replied, awkwardly bending over to him so that my arms won’t hurt.

“I bought you slippers.”

 

 

 

 

Author’s note:

OMG.

Hi there…. Do you hate me? Okay, I know you hate me. That’s okay, I hate myself too.
But I really did try my best to update as soon as possible. Finally I did! Now I can move on.

I can’t believe 45 people upvoted this and 250 subscribed. Like are you kidding me?!
I know for some 45 upvotes and 240 subscribers are nothing but for a ty writer like me, that’s like winning the lottery!

Thank you so much and I hope you still can forgive me. But I’m back and ….. I missed Dohee.

I haven’t edited this chapter so forgive me for errors and
I’m sorry if it’s boring for you, I’m still on the verge of trying to feel this fanfic vibe again. :-)

 

Anyways, again, thank you so much and happy holidays everyone.

xoxo kememeng