19

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

I was working all throughout the flight while everybody else in the plane was sleeping comfortably in their seats.

I felt my stomach grumble again. Arg.

Can this stomach just wait for a while?

I rubbed my hands on my stomach because seriously though, I’m kinda really hungry already. I really have this bad habit of skipping breakfast which makes me hate myself more.

I felt my left side move and heard a soft grumble. So the dragon has awakened.

I just continued with my work acting like I didn’t feel anything.

Eyes on the screen.

Focus Dohee-ah.

Put yourself together.

Act normal.

I still can’t get over what happened a while ago. That’s embarrassing and more than that, it was awkward and I started feeling my stomach twirl and dance.

 Strange.

“Why didn’t you have breakfast?” he spoke. I turned to him a bit surprised. So he heard my stomach? For the second time around—really this is so embarrassing!

“Because I— there was— I mean I”

“A yes or a no will do”

You really wanna hear it?

“No” I shook my head.

Finally. I did it.

Grumble. Oops, that’s my stomach right there. Err.

I immediately transferred my gaze back to the screen and just let it go like he’s gonna magically give me food when he finds out.

“Here, take this”

Okay so he really did magically give me food out of nowhere. Geez. This is unexpected.

He handed me a chocolate energy bar. For the nth time, this person sitting in front of me, with a face of an angel and a soul of the devil, astonished me. I mean not the type of wow your are cool astonished, it’s like of an oh astonished or whatever.

I was arguing mentally with myself whether to take it or leave it.

Before I could make up my mind, he shoved the bar into my hand.

Electric.

What was that? My stomach started dancing again—ah seriously the effects of not having breakfast is starting to bug me. I really don’t like it.

“T-thank you Sir”

He nodded and looked straight. I put the tablet down and opened the bar and ate it.

Woah, this is really good. I should buy lots of this next time.

 

 

I tell you Japan is really a good place but if I get to battle with this kind of crowd, I’m never going back again.

“Oppa! Oppa!” I heard one scream as she tries to reach out her arm amongst the crowd.

“Saranghae Oppa!” Another one shouted.

Geez. I’m starting to get deaf.

“Marry me Oppa!”

“Oppa aishteru!”

“Konichiwa EXO!”

“EXO! EXO! EXO!”

“Ahhhh, Oppa!”

And it was an endless screaming and crying, literally crying from the fans as we made our way to the exit. A lot of them were trying to touch them and worse, some were grabbing them. The security failed to prevent the others from staying in the lane because they were so outnumbered.

I was walking behind them and from time to time glancing at my boss. He was flashing his angelic smile from time to time whenever he heard his name and did little hand gestures here and there.

I laughed to myself. If only they know…

“Yah! What’s your name again?” I heard someone spoke to me. I turned to look who it was in I saw their manager.

“Dohee, Hwang Dohee Sir”

His eyes narrowed for a second or two and then spoke again. “Okay, Dohee, Hwang Dohee—let’s walk faster shall we? We have a busy day ahead. I assume you already know their line-up of activities for today don’t you?”

Before I could even reply, he walked ahead of me.

“I-uh—actually no” I said while watching him catch up with Mr. Kim in front.

I walked faster, my eyes on the floor. It has been a long time since I experienced this much flash from cameras, my eyes are getting blind.

 

“We’re having a store opening event and then after that, we are heading to a recording for EXO TV Special in Chibi TV Japan” Mr. Kim spoke we walked in the hallway of the hotel.

I nodded my head while reading the schedule they had for the week. They had a lot of activities I wonder how they’d get sleep.

This is so hectic, way, way, way more hectic that it appeared to be.

I noticed that I was the only one walking and no one was beside me. I stopped and looked up; I turned my head and saw Mr. Kim looking questionably at me standing beside a door.

“Oh, I’m sorry” I blurted and ran back.

He swiped the card and the door opened.

“This will be your room. Meet me in the hallways after 30 minutes. We have a lot of things to discuss” He said and handed me the card. He walked towards s and talked to their manager.

I went in and closed the door behind me.

Wow.

This hotel room is so beautiful and it’s more exciting to think I’ll be the only one staying here.

Mwahaha…

Okay, here I go again. No Dohee, you are here for a job and not for relaxing but—this wouldn’t hurt right?

I jumped to the bed and gosh, it was so soft and comforting. I love this life.

I lay there for a moment, watching the ceiling and classy chandelier hanging.

“10 minutes of sleep wouldn’t hurt too” I whisper as I close my eyes and fall back for a power nap or— that’s what I thought.

 

I shift to my left. Ahh, the bed is really soft. It has been a long time since I slept on a bed like this.

I shift to my right. Ahh, the cotton feels so fine—ahh, feels like heaven.

 

Then I heard a knock.

I sat up directly.

“That must be…. Kim Joonmyeon” , did I oversleep?

I hurried towards the door and opened it.

“I’m sorry I didn’t notice I over—” I stop in midsentence when I found out it wasn’t Mr. Kim.

“We will be leaving in less than an hour for the store opening, Joonmyeon’s in his room, you should begin to assist him—the other stylists are busy with the others”

It was their manager. I nodded without even knowing what to do. Style? How do I style him?

I knocked at the door across my room.

“Who’s it?”

I heard it rather vaguely, but I was sure it was Mr. Kim saying “Who’s it”.

Before I could reply the door opened and saw him in a bathrobe. Woah. What a sight.

No, wait. What was I saying? Erase that. It wasn’t a sight. No.

“I told you we’ll meet in the lobby after 30 minutes, you’re 15 minute early” he said rather stiffly.

I noticed my eyes were still on the white bath robe he was wearing. I diverted my gaze and decided to look at his forehead because it was rather safe.

“I uh—your manager just knocked and told me to style you” I answered and gestured my hand, pointing to their manager who was talking with three more people in the hallway. He glanced at them but his attention was disturbed when another man, wearing a colorful set of clothes pushing a wheeled clothes line where a lot of clothes were hanging.

“These are their latest collection, just arrived a while ago.” He said to me.

I looked confused. What would I do with these?

“Jisuk-ssi, aren’t you gonna style me today?” Mr. Kim asked impatiently, eyeing the clothes.

The man, who I think is Jisuk rolled his eyes, looking like he was stressed.

“Aigoo, I’m styling 4 idiots Joonmyeon, don’t expect me to still be able to style you and besides your manager told me you brought a stylist here with you”

He nodded his head to me and smiled a little.

“We are running short with staffs, it’s good news that you brought one with you” he said and gave two pats on his arm then walked when he heard Tao and Sehun calling him.

Mr. Kim sighed heavily and eyed the clothes then looked at me.

“You—you know how this works right?”

I gulped. what do I say?

Okay, this is honesty hour Dohee-ah, just say you don’t and everything will be fine.
Yep, just be honest about it and just—

“Yeah—c-course” I said. I hate myself. I’m mentally dying right now.

“Good” he answered and walked back to his room and I followed him bringing the set of clothes with me.

Mr. Kim went into his room while I was left in the living room with these set of clothes.

“Prepare my outfit, I’m gonna be back in five minutes” he shouted and then his room closed. I gulped. Okay, here we go—so how do we do this?

I ran and checked every cloth hanging. They were classy and obviously, expensive. They are well made and designed.

I couldn’t help but want these clothe for me instead.

I started to pick the top. I was stuck with a navy blue long sleeved polo and the classic white polo to be paired with a black trouser.

I also started choosing the neck ties. The black one was getting my attention but I also so a really beautiful red one too, and there’s a yellow one, and a white one and blue one and a grey one.

Agh. This is getting freaking frustrating, everything is beautiful and I can’t decide which to—

“Are you done?”

The chills ran down my spine upon hearing his voice. I turned around and saw him looking radiant like an angel. Gorgeous as always.

“I think so” I said in a very, very low voice but he seemed to hear it.

“You think so?” he sounded annoyed. I gulped and stepped aside, revealing the sets I picked.

 I looked at him, expecting how he’d react. I hope he likes it. I bit my lip. Wish me luck.

He looked at me, then back to the clothes, lying on the couch, then at me again. He wasn’t saying anything but I think I already know what.

“Are you fully aware of the event that I’ll be attending?” he asked darkly, almost bursting but still had himself together to keep his cool.

I nodded, my eyes dropping on the floor.

Ahh, the devil inside him starting to show.

“Whatever” he blurted and got the first set of outfit and stormed to his room. Well, that was unexpected.

 

Well, the first outfit didn’t work out.

He looked okay, I mean well, for me he looked okay.

So he tried on the second one, with the same unamused expression painted on his face.

The longer I stay inside his room, the more I begin to feel the heat from the pits of hell radiating to the surface of this luxurious hotel. What a pity.

He went out with an even angrier expression than the last time. I gulped. Oh my holy heavens, please save me.

I tried to scan for more clothes again on the rack, trying to think of another good pair. I didn’t know styling idols with be this hard and harder when you realize all the clothes are just so perfect but it’s still hard for them to go together.

Luckily, I still found another good pair that I think is okay. Please don’t judge me, I have a really poor fashion taste, or a dying one actually.

Mr. Kim went out and then dropped the clothes to the floor, in front of me.

“What’s all these? Can’t you get any better?” he said in frustration, putting his hands on his hips.

I gulped and handed out to him the fourth set of clothes.

“H-here sir, I still have one left” I answered. He looked at my face with a really angry expression, his eyes scanning every bit of it; maybe he was trying to decide how to burn my face right now. I looked away then he snatched the clothes from my hands.

He went to his room but forgot to close it completely. I began to get nervous whether he’ll approve of it. Curiosity started to push me so I took a step slowly, making sure he won’t hear my foot steps and hid behind the couch then popped my head to see how he was doing. Slowly and carefully, I tried to sneak a peek and unfortunately, I saw him without a shirt, pulling his pants up, Oops.

I turned around. Hmmm. So the devil wears Calvin Klein?

In fairness, he’s abs are real…

Omo! What am I even thinking?

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t see him totally down. Just like 95 percent . His pants were already just below his hips when I saw him. He was wearing a white pair of Calvin Klein boxes.

Wait, I mean—it’s not that I paid attention to it; my memory is just sharp, well surprisingly sharp today. Omo, why did I even bother? Err.

I tried to wait for a few seconds to take a look again. He was starting to button his shirt only to find my head popping behind the couch watching him. I gulped and my eyes grew bigger. . Oh no. Oh no.

His eyes were starting to burn me. I retrieved my head.

OH NO! OH NO!

I hurried back to where I stood a while ago. My heart started to beat crazy fast. Err. Why did I even bother sneaking a peak? . I’m so dead.

I wanted to die in embarrassment this instant! The last thing I wanted was for my boss to think I’m having a thing for him. Aigoo, why is my life a second hand embarrassment? Why?

I bowed my head and my eyes were trying to scan for an emergency exit on the carpet, which was stupid. I don’t know if I still have a face to show him after the embarrassing I did. I heard his footsteps; I guess he went out already.

I swiftly went to the crumpled clothes and pretended that I was busy putting the hangers on them. From time to time, I would look in the corner of my eyes and I saw his expression seemed to change. It looked calmer than earlier, maybe he liked the outfit.

He faced himself on the mirror turned around to check his back. I looked at his reflection and realize that he looked really good. Wow. Well that was a lucky pick.

“Blazer and tie” he said and stared at me through his reflection. I looked away and then grabbed the black blazer and tie.

“Do I look like I’m attending a father’s day gathering?” he uttered darkly upon seeing the tie I handed him. I bit my lip and shook my head.

Nope you look like satan’s brother.

“No, I’ll just get another one” I said and ran to get another.

“Do I look like I’m attending prom?” he blurted annoyingly when I handed him another tie.

Nope, you look like attending a funeral—your own funeral. Bwahaha…

He rolled his eyes and started to put on his suit.

“Never mind” he said and then started to two buttons on his shirt. He checked how he looked in front of the mirror and s another button, that makes it three ed button on his shirt.

I stood quietly behind him, secretly admiring and well admitting to myself he looks really good and even better without a tie and just ed buttons. Gosh, tell me what is y.

What? What did I just say? Eew. Erase that.

There was a knock on the door and then Jisuk’s head popped out. “We’re leaving in 5 minutes” he announced and closed the door back.

“Get me my shoes” Mr. Kim ordered and I followed.

“I haven’t had my proper make up yet” he said to himself as he put on his watch on his wrist.

“Your skin is already good, no need to put makeup on” I blurted to myself as I struggle to search for a perfect pair of shoes.

“Here are your shoes and socks Sir” I handed him and then sat on the couch and wore them.

“Dohee, are there any specs on the accessory box?” he asked impatiently, trying to tie the shoelace of his elegant pair of oxfords.

I scanned the accessory box and found three pairs. “Yes Sir” I replied.

“Get me one”

“Okay… here you—” I was cut when I saw him run out the door.

“Go” I continued.

I got the specs and then hurried out.

 

“Joonmyeon? Why are you barefaced?” I heard their manager as he catches up with Joomyeon in the elevator.

Mr. Kim smirked. “Well, according to someone I already look good, no need to put makeup on”

I was speechless for a second, my eyes growing and twitching, my body freezing.

D-don’t tell m-me he h-heard that? Oh .

What the actual . Did he really hear it?

Please tell me I just heard it wrong.

Their manager looked at me with his brows arching, looking confused, and trying to question me what was going on.

“I—I thought I was only going to style him” I started to explain, my eyes on the floor.

“Yeah by style I mean, hair, makeup and clothes” the manager said back in frustration.

“Don’t worry I had bb cream on” Mr. Kim replied, talking to their manager.

“Where’s the specs?” he turned to me.

I handed it to him, my eyes still darted on the floor and then he put it on.

“So how do I look?” he asked.

I didn't bother looking up, thinking he was asking the manager but there was moment of silence.

I looked up and saw him looking at me. I pointed to myself, trying to affirm if he was asking me.

He just gave me an annoyed "yes" expression. I gulped. . What do I say?

“Y-you l-look o-okay S-Sir, y-you l-look f-fine” I replied. Yeah, I replied while I stuttered. Err. I’m beginning to think stuttering is my talent because I’m just so good at it!

He gave a contented light nod and looked away. I heard him smirk to himself.

There was an awkward air inside the elevator since it was only the three of us. I think this is going to be the death of me.

“But it’s better if you still wore makeup” their manager argued

“You heard her, I look fine” Mr. Kim answered with a tone of confidence in his voice, their manager was silent and I felt him nod in agreement while here I am, shrinking into the size of an ant. Err. Why is my life so embarrassing? Why can’t I just live normally?

If people knew about all the ing embarrassing s I had, they’d probably give me a title in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most embarrassing moments in an hour.

Ahh! I really hate myself. 

What I really want now is to explode and just live as a plant because everything is better when you are a plant.


Author's note:

Hey there you!

Now you know why the title is "The Devil Wears Calvin Klein"... 

I'm really happy that you are still reading this fanfic :-) Thank you.
For the new subscribers, thank you for subscribing, I hope you found the fanfic entertaining.
Feel free to comment, subscribe or upvote or just be a silent reader, it's your choice :-)

{ I hope you didn't find this chapter lame because honestly, I found it really cute
  when Dohee embarrasses herself because Suho kinds of notices it  hahahahaha..
  did you like this update? I hope you did...*nervously and awkwardly laughing*}

Have a good day everyone!  (✿◠‿◠)