37

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

I haven't found my phone but thankfully, I had some sense to go back inside my room after a while and prepared everything Mr. Kim needed.. I had hard time seeing clearly and blinking because my eyes were so swollen... H-how do I hide them? I don’t even have make-up.

Mr. Kim woke up early too. I was trying to prepare his coffee in the kitchen when I saw him all dressed up for work.

“G-good morning S-sir.” I stuttered while trying to bow my head down to hide my very swollen eyes.

He doesn’t have a reply. I quietly placed his mug on the dining table beside the daily newspaper.

“Any call from Kang Baro?” He asked while sitting down in his chair. I faced the counter and slightly turned my head to his direction. W-well, about that—the thing is that—I-I haven’t found my phone yet. Dumb Dohee is dumb.

“N-no Sir…” I answered and it was silent again. I didn’t really bother to be around with him since his presence annoys me a lot and adds to my lists of problems. Dumb monkey.

 

I drove him to the hotel and thankfully I had too much caffeine that kept me so much awake. The road was still a bit empty so it was a bit convenient for me. Surprisingly, Mr. Kim was quiet and didn’t bother to correct my mistakes or something.

I spilled my coffee on the table a while ago but he didn’t comment on it. I almost forgot his briefcase but he acted so passive and I hope this continues till the very end.

After we arrived at the hotel, I dropped him off at the elevator in the parking lot and drove to the other side to park his car.

When I entered the hotel I saw Mr. Do and called him but he seemed to not hear me.

“M-Mr. Do…” I called out again.

This time he looked at my direction and awkwardly smiled at me then scratched his head. “O-oh, good morning Mr. Do...” I greeted and bowed. He bowed and greeted back.

“H-have you been busy these past days?” I asked.

“Y-yeah.” He replied shortly. He seemed off today, like something has happened. What could’ve been wrong?

“O-okay, well then have a good day. I’m going up now.” I told him and smiled and he bowed awkwardly giving off a small, lazy smile.

“Well t-that’s weird…” I said to myself but shrugged it off. I headed to the conference room first since he’s going to have a lot of meetings today and the first one is about to start in a few minutes. When I arrived there, I saw some staffs preparing the room.

“Good morning Ms. Hwang.” One staff greeted and bowed. I bowed back and smiled. “Here’s Mr. Kim’s presentation, please set it up already and also, have the coffee placed on the table already.” I instructed and gave her a flash drive. The other staffs were going in and out placing printed copies of the presentation on the table.

I guess everything’s fine then. I think I should head back and work on the things I missed these past three days.

 

I headed up t Mr. Kim’s office. When I opened the door I saw Kang Baro standing beside Mr. Kim with a awkwardly surprised expression and Mr. Kim’s signature “I’m-so-angry-i-can-kill-you-in-a-glance’ look. I gulped as I sensed bad luck.

 “G-good morning Mr. Kang Baro…g-good morning S-Sir, the conference room is already set.” I greeted.

Kang Baro bowed awkwardly eyeing Mr. Kim and then looking at my direction. I didn’t bother to move since Mr. Kim’s expression was becoming grave.

“I-Is t-there any problem?” I asked.

“I-I g-guess I have to go Sir.” Kang Baro spoke and bowed towards Mr. Kim and then at me. Mr. Kim was holding a folder in his hands and as I stared at it longer, I began to realize it was my resume.

I looked at Kang Baro anxiously. Oh no, oh no! T-this can’t be happening. N-not now!

He looked at me apologetically and walked out. Mr. Kim exhaled and my eyes were starting to water.

“I-I c-can explain Sir—” I spoke nervously and my knees were becoming so weak and then he cut me off. I knew it. Kang Baro , must've found out that my resume was a lie. .

Mr. Kim threw me a deadly look. One that makes my inside churm in fear.

“You’re fired.” He turned around and the two words I’ve been dreading to hear fell from his mouth and went inside me like ice. I balled my first so hard to try to calm myself and not cry in front of him when I heard another voice inside the room.

“Wait who’s getting fired by who?”                                

My eyes grew bigger and realized somebody else was in the room. Mr. Kim and I turned our heads towards the door and saw Mr. Kim Goseon standing by it

My jaws dropped. O-O-Oh , w-w-what f the chairman knows?

“What are you doing here?” Mr. Kim asked, I could still feel traces of anger on it.’

“Oh well, I just thought it is a good day to visit my favorite grandson and talk business with him.” he calmly replied and advanced forwards towards me. I wiped my tears instantly and bowed to him.

“My schedule is full for the day, if you want to schedule a meeting proceed to my secreta—“

Mr. Kim eyed me and then rolled his eyes and looked at his grandfather. “Oh no, erase that, I’ll just come to you when I find the time.”

“Oh no. that’s the problem son, you don’t have time.”

But Mr. Kim wasn’t listening to his grandfather anymore and grabbed some folders on his desk, “I have a meeting. Let’s talk after.”

He fixed his tie and walked passed me and then his grandfather and he was out of the room, leaving me jobless again.

“Good morning Dohee-ssi.”

I bowed at Mr. Kim Goseon again. “G-good m-morning Sir.”

“He’s firing his people too soon without realizing their potentials.” He spoke and I guess he knew that I was fired. Ugh, I feel so helpless and annoyed right now.

“Don’t worry, I also intended for you to be a project manager of the mountain resort I’m planning to develop.” He casually said, sitting on Mr. Kim’s swivel chair.

I looked at him unbelievably.

"Wait, l-let me just m-make this clear...so you are saying that you're m-m-making me a p-project manager..." I grew speechless

"Absolutely."

"But why? I mean..."

"My Joonmyeon is too stubborn to terminate his contract with SM, he's not focused on one thing. He needs someone."

"But I'm his secretary—ex--I mean.”

"Well not anymore Dear."

My eyebrows scrunched upward in confusion. Why is this happening?

"B-but I don't know how those things work, I mean the construction and the business seems too alien to me."

"I thought you graduated from the best business school in China?"

I suddenly felt like someone poured ice cubes all over me as I began to remember that I used my brother's information on her application letter. Holy . Ugh. Hwang Dohee. You and all you lies you retard.Aish, if Mr. Kim Goseon find out about this, you’re really dead.

"U-uh..yeah?." I stuttered and felt a little uncomfortable.

"So what seems to be alien to you then?"

"U-uhh..H-h-haha...I-I was j-just.." Everything. Everything seems alien to me. UGH.

"K-kidding..." I tried to laugh but it didn't sound so real.

"That's my girl. It's time for you to step up your game. Nobody graduates magna laude and end up as a secretary right?" Mr. Kim Goseon smiled encouragingly at me but I was dying on the inside, feeling her palms sweat thinking about what her future would be like. 

"I'll be going now. I still have to visit someone." Kim Goseon stood up from the swivel chair and looked at his watch. "Anyways, I'll be expecting more from you this time, bye Dohee-ssi."

“B-But S-Sir I-I have to tell you something…” I wanted to confess that my resume was a lie but he didn’t even look back, Aish, what am I going to do now!

 

 

After the meeting Kim Goseon entered the conference room. Everyone greeted him on their way out and Joonmyeon waited until they were alone.

“What business do you want to talk about this time grandpa?”

“You really like to get SM?”

Joonmyeon looked at him straight in the eye, sensing some serious thing was going on. He looked at his grandfather for a while, studying his face. “Why do you ask?”

“Remember the first love I told you about?”

“First what? I don’t remember.” Joomyeon shrugged it off.

“I saw her again.”

“Can we get to the gist of this conversation?”

“I want to build her a mountain resort. Can you head that project?”

“A-are you kidding me right now? I’m only having a month of break and then I’m setting the hotel back to Jaejoong.”

“Right, I expected that one. Then lets proceed to plan B. Or shall I say, it has long been decided Haha— this morning I mean.“ he laughed a little to himself which Joonmyeon thought was weird. “What’s your plan B?”

“Since you’re too busy, I got you a partner. She’ll be the project manager and she’ll be doing the job you can’t do—“

“Wait a minute she’s a ‘she’?” Joonmyeon interrupted.

“She’s your secretary—I mean ex-secretary.”

“WHAT? Have you gone mad?!”

Mr. Kim Goseon smiled calmy at Joonmyeon. “Remember, I’m giving all my stocks In SM.”

"That's the deal?"

"Yes, that's the deal. Build that mountain resort by the end of the year and I'll give you all my stocks in SM."

"But are you aware that I'd doing this with somebody else? Are you even-- that's insane! You're letting me do it with her--"

"It's a "take it or leave it" deal. Plus, you'll never know what will unfold in the future. Joonmyeon, what do I always tell you?"

Joonmyeon ignored his grandfather and stood up.

"What about Jaejoong?"

"Aye, he was originally going to have this construction but..."

"But what?"

"I found out something so interesting which made me wonder how it happened but anyways, I know you don't understand what I'm talking about right now just trust me."

"Trust you? Grandpa, when I was a three you threw me unarmed in the middle of the sea and you tell me trust you?"

"And with that you learned how to swim right? You even won the national's when you were in high school."

"That's a different story."

"But that was the start."

"What kind of start are making up this time?"

Kim Goseon smiled victoriously, "Guess what."

It didn't sound as a challenge rather it sounded more of a demand. Joonmyeon grew more curious as he studied the face of his grandfather sitting across him.

“She’s the daughter of the owner of the Hamwong Electronics.”

 

 

Author’s note:

(Have you read Chapter 36? It's a double update you see, this is the second one. :-) )

This is going to be a very awkward note since—I’m a stupid writer.

I know I have been apologizing about my story, grammar, spelling and everything on this fanfic but I hope you allow me still to do it. It’s because I just wanted you to know that I also wanted to at least write a good depiction of my thoughts and imaginations about this story into a coherent one. Yeah…but it always turned out to be too dramatic or too comical in a way that you’ll find it boring. But anways, I’ll still keep on writing and hopefully end this fic in the bet way that I could.

Fighting.

And to all the subscribers and the loyal readers (which I hope doesn’t hate me) THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I’ll write as soon as I can.

Kem.

 

P.S.: The good parts are coming! ;-)