22

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

I didn’t know idols call it a day after 2 am in the morning but they did.

They did and I’m so tired with all the that happened to me.

I threw the paper bags on my bed and then threw myself after.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh……..

But oh…

Well, I’m lucky to have brought 3 pairs of kiddie’s undergarments, specifically Disney princess and brassieres- a pair of Cinderella, Snow White and Belle—thought I wanted the Elsa, Anna and Rapunzel but they ran out of XXL (note: the undergarments were children sized) and then 3 pairs of men’s tracksuit in three different colors, red, blue and green and trust me; you don’t want to know the story behind how much I went through just to keep myself clothed for the next 48 hours.

I mean, when I brought the , I was really nervous that they didn’t have a size for me but since they also have sizes for obese kids, I luckily happened to fit a size, but not the biggest size of course.

But for the brassiere part—baby bras are okay. Like really, I mean, I’m not keeping this a secret but I’m not really that—well—uhm—okay this is awkward—and embarrassing—but I’m not that gifted you know what I mean?

Like a have s because I’m a girl but they’re not so visible like they are literally there but also 100% of the time it’s like they are not there.

Like I have but it’s not enough to be called a woman’s . Err.

Ugh. Let’s just settle with that fact. Why am I even talking about it on the first place?

I went to the bathroom to take a shower and changed into one of the tracksuits but I had a hard time choosing what color. The size was bit big but nonetheless at least I had clothes. That’s what is important.

Red.

Blue.

Green.

Hmmm? Which color should I wear first?

I’ll settle for the Green one—uh no, I think I’ll settle for the blue because it’s kind of cute to sleep with a blue tracksuit—or red, I mean red is also good.

Dammit Dohee, could you just pick a color?

Like just pick one.

That’s so easy.

Okay just pick whatever color.

Whatever you like.

I can’t take this sometimes, I mean seriously, choosing what color of tracksuit to wear in your sleep is one of the hardest life choices you’ve got to make.

Seriously.

I put them back into the paper bag and then shook it.

Maybe I’ll have to do this trick then.

After I shook, I just closed my eyes, slid my hands on the bag and picked a tracksuit.

I slowly opened my eyes, half wishing it was blue but it was green. Okay. Fine with me.

I went back to the bathroom and changed into the green tracksuit when I realized I have to make a phone call.

I checked my phone and great, just great.

It was dead.  ing dead and I forgot my charger. Just great perfect way to end the day.

I tried to check my bag if I brought it with my but I only saw pens—lots of pens like ten thousands of them—just kidding—I mean more like 25 pens—yeah in different points and colors because I’m an idiot who likes pens that much after plants , my planner, a roll of toilet paper (for emergencies), sticky notes, band aids, wallet, handkerchief, alcohol and a hair tie and an empty wrapper of a chocolate energy bar.

What the is this piece of garbage polluting my bag?

I crumpled it, imagining Kim Joonmyeon’s face on the wrapper and shot it to the garbage bin

“3 points!” I shouted and laughed evilly—with a crrkk crrckk.

Okay, no traces of a charger.

I’m doomed.

“Well then I just have to use the hotel’s phone” I resolved and went out of my room.

 

I didn’t know what kind of face to pull off after what happened but I guess the poker face came so naturally, I didn’t have to try.

I opened doors for him whenever needed and necessary and stayed two meters away from him.

I didn’t wait for him to tell me what they’ll be doing; I already did things for him in advance. I met with their translator, translated his lines, I asked Jisuk to style him and earned a very long speech but in the end he said yes.

I handed him water when necessary, but I always made sure I hold it on the bottom end of the bottle, making sure there’s no contact between us.

No eye contact and whenever it unintentionally happened, I was the first one to look away, pretending I was attending to something—even it was so obvious that I was faking it; sometimes I knew I just looked so awkward. I stood on one corner, waiting for any orders and when there was none, I just stood, not even glancing at what they were doing.

It was also tiring to be cursing him for the rest of the day. I’ve had enough embarrassment and s.

I didn’t talk when it wasn’t necessary.

I lazily answered with a monotonous yes or no or I don’t know.

Cold shoulders?

that.

This is not my choice, this was his. Just following orders before I’m left jobless in Japan.

 

“Excuse me, Ma’am, here’s the number you’ve requested” the receptionist approached me politely in the waiting are.

“Thank you” I replied and walked behind her to make a phone call.

I dialed the numbers and waited for someone to answer, finally I didn’t have to wait long.

“Hello? Ahjumma?” I said, gripping the phone tighter.

“Dohee-ah, are you okay? I’ve been waiting for you…” her voice seemed concerned and tired. I felt guilty not calling her earlier this day to tell her I’m not going home. I wonder what time is it in Korea right now. I hope I haven’t stressed her out.

“I-I’m sorry I didn’t call earlier ahjumma, I-I’m not going home tonight because I-I’m in Japan” I said apologetically

“J-Japan?” she asked genuinely surprised.

“Y-yes, but I’ll be back as soon as I can book a ticket” I replied

“O-oh, well I hope you take good care of yourself while you’re away and before I forget, someone came and looked for you” she said, with a tone of worry and warning.

“M-me? Who was it? Was it the same person?” I asked curiously.

“No” she replied, “It’s more handsome this time” she continued.

I can’t help but let out a chuckle. I rolled my eyes in disbelief and shook my head. Tch. Tch. Tch.

Aigoo, ahjumma can be so unpredictably funny sometimes.

“Did he say something?” I asked, trying to stop chuckling

“Nothing. He just asked if you were indeed staying there. I didn’t answer him directly. I just asked him why and he said nothing and murmured something to himself” Ahjumma said

“Oh- is that it?” I asked and suddenly saw Mr. Kim going out from the elevator.

Oh .

“A-ah, Ahjumma, I-I have to go now, I’ll just call you when I get back” I said and then gave the phone back to the receptionist.

I lowered my head, zipping my tracksuit up to my chin and started to walk so fast and –

aaAaAh

AAh

ouch.

ing floor just had to trip me.

I yelped and tried to stand up by myself. My pants are too long for my legs and I happened to step on it. , , , tttt.

Why now? Why?WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Before I could finally bring myself to stand a hotel crew who was carrying a luggage went to check on me.

“A-are you okay Madame?”

I grimaced, feeling the pain coming from my knees but nonetheless, I don’t really think it’s that serious. “Y-yes” I replied as I finally stood, one leg bending, because my knees started to feel painful and my foot too.

“A-are you sure?” the crew asked me doubtfully, eyeing me leg. I nodded.

“Y-yes, I’m fine.” I affirmed and he bowed to me then carried on with his initial work.

“ing suit.” I cursed under my breath as checked my knee.

“Awww, another boo boo” I said to myself and frown because of the pain. I just hope this won’t be that bad.

I slowly walked towards the elevator, half hopping because it was really hard to use my injured leg.

I pressed the button and waited for the elevator to open. I tried to check my back to see if Mr. Kim was anywhere near.

There weren’t signs for him. Thank goodness.

I still don’t have the appetite to see his face. That ing bastard accused me of being a flirt when in reality he was the ing tease. .

A lot of people started to crowd in front of the elevator and I began to get distressed about it—how will I battle with them going in when I can’t even walk properly.

Finally the door opened and I started to walk-hop or whatever you call this, swiftly. I stood at the back part so that I wouldn’t have to move that much when others will be stepping out.

The door was about to close when someone luckily caught up before it finally closed. The person apologized with a poor Japanese accent.

Oh .

I’m pretty sure that voice was Mr. Kim’s. Oh . I lowered my head and dug my chin back to my tracksuit.

Please don’t turn your head.

Please don’t turn your head.

Please, just please.

I desperately prayed inside my head while cautiously watching his back. Before the elevator could pull itself up, his phone rang and he answered it, talking in Korean.

“Hello? Mom?” he sounded rather annoyed but still with a tone of refinement and respect.

“Yes. I’m okay—please believe me”

“Don’t mind me”

“Don’t worry this will be the last one and I’ll be back”

“Don’t worry I’m taking care of my health”

“Really, I’m eating well so don’t worry”

“I still can’t, you know that”

“I’m working hard for it— I’m going to meet to talk about that deal as soon as possible”

“It’s just that I still can’t—we’re still busy and mom, just please relax”

“Don’t worry, leave all the worrying to me”

“I’ll handle it just don’t worry. You should not worry, just stop worrying”

“I’m not stressing myself, don’t worry”

“Okay, bye. I’m going back to my hotel room. Okay, okay. Goodbye—mom, I’m okay just please go and rest already. I’m working hard and I’m trying my best. Don’t worry. Bye”

Looks like he was talking to his mother— he sounded a bit worried, annoyed and concerned at the same time. He always had the talent to be many things at once.

He could be angry, yet gentle and reasonable.

He could be annoyed, worried and concerned at the same time.

He could dance, sing, host and be a CEO at the same time.

He could look like an angel and be the devil at the same time.

Ugh. That .

I’m still mad at him but I know it wasn’t worth my time planning about his death right now; I didn’t like to recall it because his words were really hurtful and it has been a very tiring day.

The elevator door opened on the 9th floor and three went out, leaving only 5 behind.

10th floor—and two stepped out leaving three people behind. Mr. Kim, me and the tall foreigner standing in front of me.

I hope he doesn’t hop on the 11th or I’m doomed.

I bit my lips, I didn’t dare breathe.

Heaven have mercy on me, just please don’t let him notice me.

Thankfully the door didn’t open on the eleventh. Thank goodness.

I tried to breathe and calm down, trying to fit myself in the corner, looking like a stupid chameleon or something, trying to camouflage.

By the time we reached the 12th floor, the door opened. I gasped secretly. , no please.

Thankfully, one person came in and I’m saved. Thank goodness.

I could feel myself sweating. I bit my lip; I hope he doesn’t look back.

Just please ing don’t.

Ting.

The elevator door opened again and he walked out. I waited for him to walk a safe distance before I caught up and went out.

I was hop-walking. You know that?

No, you don’t because there’s no such thing as hop-walk but if you’re injured, it will magically appear in your dictionary.

Hop-walking is like walking but hopping because you are a piece of careless who tripped because of wearing an oversized tracksuit and bedroom slippers.

I carefully looked at him, he was normally walking—clueless that someone was behind him. I think this is safe already. He made a turn to the left where our rooms were. I started then to hop-walk carefully.

Dammit, this is taking me forever till I reach my room.

Finally, I have reached the corner and I’ll just have to turn left when my face landed on a broad chest.

“Sorry” I said, in Japanese—looks like my Japanese skills were automatically activated. Huh.

I looked up nervously only to find Mr. Kim’s brows curving upward.

just happened—once again. KKKK MY LIFEEE.

What the is he doing?

I gulped and my jaw dropped. I swiftly took a step back only causing me to step my injured feet and then crunching down in pain. “Ouch” I cried.

“Are you following me?” he asked, studying my face.

I slowly straightened my body, trying to balance it while my other leg was slightly bent.

Why would I follow you? Ewww.

Aish, this bastard is too full of his self and filled with too much confidence and is becoming delusional and paranoid.

Why the would I follow him? There are a lot of things worth doing than sticking behind him like a puppy.

“I-I wasn’t following you, I was just making a phone call” I reasoned, coldly, not meeting his eyes.

“Sir” I added.

He looked at me again, studying me from head to toe this time. His brows still scrunched up.

Okay, stop judging me this instant mister! There were the only clothes I saw!

“T-this w-were t-the o-nly—”

“Clothes you bought?” he continued the sentence for me, and turned it into a question—maybe unsure if it was what I really meant, but it was so I nodded.

Well, thanks stupid stuttering self, just great. Just great. Go and embarrass yourself more and maybe you’ll become a millionaire by stuttering every time you speak.

He has this really weird talent of being so keen about everything. Freak.

“What’s with your feet?” he asked again. Ugh, irritating freak and his irritating questions.

“N-nothing, I-I just tripped” I said, pulling a straight face, trying so hard not to show some softness.

“Sir” I added again, trying to emphasize it and maybe he’d get the hint.

“Can you walk?” Can’t this freak just stop asking questions?

“I-I c-can h-handle m-myself.. S-sir” I said, trying to sound confident.

“Okay then” he shrugged and turned his back and walked. I rolled my eyes and made a face.

Annoying jerk.

I started to hop-walk again, this time, slower because I just used my injured leg and it was more painful. I didn’t bother looking at him, checking if he already went inside, I just concentrated all my attention to my walking.

ing tracksuit, ing floor, fu—

“I see you can handle yourself well”

“I see you’re still not back in your hellhole” I secretly muttered to myself. Bastard just can’t ing mind his business.

He still didn’t get inside his room, just stood by the door and maybe feasting over the view of my misfortunes.

I just looked at him indifferently and dropped my eyes on the floor and continued to hop-walk and just continued to watch me make a fool of myself. My cheeks are starting to burn.

How the did he has the ability to stare like that and burn me already? Aigoo, no wonder he’s the devil.

“Tch” he sighed heavily, sounding like he just lost in an argument with himself and he then walked towards me and before I could understand what was happening he carried me.

Yes.

You.

Read.

It.

Right.

The.

Bastard.

The bastard Kim Joonmyeon is carrying me.

I repeat carrying me—bridal style.

WHAT THE IS HAPPENING? I DON’T UNDERSTAND.

My ing stomach is dancing tango again to the beat of racing heart! For ’s sake can’t they stop!?!!?!

I think I’m beginning to be delusional right now.

I was speechless again. ing pea brain can’t function well when I needed it to.

“W-what a-are y-you d-oing?” I finally to find my voice and ask him, shocked.

“Why are you so careless Secretary Hwang”

My ears began to vibrate.

“P-put me down, I-I c-can h-handle m-myse-elf”

 “I-I c-can w-walk” I struggled with his grip.

“Yeah, you can walk and reach your room after five hours” he said sarcastically, not even glancing at me, just continued walking.

“P-put m-me d-down thi-i-is insta-ant Sir” I began to insist, I tried to move but his grip was surprisingly strong.

“S-stop c-carrying m-me”

“P-please p-put me down Mr. Kim— I don’t want to give you that impression Mr. Kim” I said anxiously but firmly—taking a stand.

He just looked at me.

“Card” he said

“W-what?” I confusedly ask. He rolled his eyes and gestured his head towards the door.

I lowered my eyes, feeling awkward because this is ing embarrassing and never in my whole life did someone carry me life this. NEVER!!

I took the card out of my pocket and then handed it to him. He opened the door and carried me towards the bed.

just ing got real.

One moment, he’s like don’t flirt with me and one moment, he’s like come here let me help you and it’s too much skinship right now for me to take! AGGGHGHGHGHGHHHH!

He’s down ing right confusing.

“Don’t worry, this is an exemption—they call it helping the people in need, there’s a difference and I won’t ever be the one to flirt first—that’s a fact” he said matter-of-factly and slowly put me down on the bed. ing bastard had to say that word. OUCH!

I was about to say something when I saw his eyes staring at the paper bags on my bed. Oh .

One of the paper bags were from the undergarment shop and it had cute kiddie print on it and the big bold words: UNDERGARMENT KIDS & Co.

ert.

Why the hell did I even put it in here?!!! AGGGHHHH!

I hurriedly grabbed it and hid it behind my back. Ugh! Annoying freak.

My cheeks were really so hot and just wish to die at this instant. I was silent. My face was cold and my eyes were looking down. I didn’t dare look at his stupid face.

“I know I may have gone a bit far last time…” he started to speak.

Good that you know .

“Know where you stand next time and I don’t have to do that” he added

Seriously? Just say you’re sorry and everything will go to normal.

He just stood there for a good of five seconds, silently.

I’ll forget that you ever said it just say you’re sorry ing sorry and that’s it

But there is still no sorry coming out from his mouth.

He sighed heavily, looking like he still wanted to say something and ended up saying:

“It will be a long day tomorrow; I need you to wake up early.”

Okay I get it, devils can’t say sorry—they are called devils for a reason.

“I’m going to my hellhole now”

The door was shut and my jaws just dropped.

Why the does he keep on hearing everything I say? LIKE EVERY SINGLE TIME?

What kind of ears does he have?

I began to feel embarrassed of myself. UGH! Why did he hear it on the first place? ERR!

I’m beginning to feel my days are numbered.

Just ing feel it.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I buried my face on my pillow and wiggled my body in frustration.

“Why did I even exist?” I started to pull my hair from my head. UGH!

“This is the worst day in my whole life ARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I shouted, covering my mouth with a pillow.

My stomach was still dancing tango and my heart was still racing and when I closed my eyes, the scene just kept on repeating.

Stupid freak! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

There I was spending the whole early morn trying to keep myself sane.

 


Author's note:

Oh my goodness, Dohee just doesn't run out of embarrassing situations!
*Face palms*

Anywas, that's okay, our beloved Dohee can handle it!
Aja! Fighting!

Actually, I'm really excited for the next chapter and I'm so
nervous how to write it well so that it would be so vivid in your mind
once you read it but I'm not really sure how'd you like it.

Hahaha, please don't forget that I'm a piece of so don't really
set your hopes high, I might just disappoint you :-)

As for Suho... at least he had the decency to tell Dohee he was 
went beyond the line because he is a jerk (
don't forget idiot). 
Hahaha, fine and an idiot. But let's not judge him too quickly :-)
(
But he's still an idiot)

I'm really nervous about how many chapters this story would have.
School is nearing and I hope I'll finish it before it starts. 
Please pray for my motivation to end it well because I'm a lazy .

I'm actually planning for a playlist for this drama but oh well,
it's just a plan. Anyways, thank you for patiently reading
this chapter without judging me. Hehehehe *shy voice*

And also, before I forgot to the ones who upvoted, I'm
crying right now actually, I wasn't expecting that....
Thank you from the bottom of my heart..

(Sorry if you had to read this annoying rant...)

Have a good day! ♡♡