18

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

I'm staring down at the floor while I stood behind my boss. Apparently their manager was talking to him about their Japan schedule if I heard it correctly.

His close up face is stuck in my head like glue, now I'm beginning to get annoyed. 

"Dohee"

I straightened up upon hearing the voice of my boss. 

"Yes Sir?"

"Did you get a ticket?" he asks.

I nodded.

He sighed. "Well then, guess I'd have to tag you along then"

"It's really okay if I don't go because I still have a lot of things left undone back at the hotel" I reasoned but the truth is that I don't really know what to do in Japan and I don't even know what to do as a coordi noona, I mean in my case, a coordi dongsaeng or a stylist or whatever.

He stared at me, with irritation sparking in his eyes.

"What do you mean a lot of things left undone?"

I panicked. 

"I mean, I- uh- there's just some things that I had to—"

 

"You know how to put make up on right?" He asks me, nope, he sounded like he was trying to imply that I really know which of course is a big problem because I don't know how to apply makeup, like look at me? I'm bare faced right now! Seriously, who goes to an aviary and wear makeup? Geez. All my life I have wanted to be a botanist and not an office girl or in this case a stylist or some sort. Ugh.

 

But my boss pretty much expected me to know. I had no choice but to lie.

 "O-of c-course S-sir" I nodded and crossed my fingers secretly behind my back.

 

“Good” he muttered and went to the bench to sit.

I looked at my watch and there are 20 minutes left before we could board the plane.

“Dohee-ah?”

I looked up and saw Chanyeol greeting me. I bowed.

 “Uh—Good morning Sir Park Chanyeol” I said, I know it’s awkward to say it but they are my boss’s friends and so it goes, all his friends, are somehow, in a way my boss. I think they should need a formal greeting from me because I’m a freaking secretary you know, not the president of Korea.

“Tss, that’s too formal, just call me Chanyeol” he rubbed his neck and looked shy. Baekhyun caught up with us.

“Hi Dohee-ah! Wow, we don’t expect to see you here!” he exclaimed, I bowed and smiled.

What the am I supposed to do with them? They talk a lot.

“Well—yeah” was the only thing I could come up with.

He smiled. Well I didn’t know this was ing awkward or am I just the one feeling the awkwardness in the air.

Before I could talk to excuse myself Sehun and Jongin or Kai appeared out of nowhere.

“Dohee-ah!” They exclaimed, as if surprised to see a human being in the airport.

I felt uncomfortable now that they are slowly crowding in front of me.

“H-hello good morning” I said and bowed.

“It’s a surprise to see you here! Did hyung hire you as his stylist?” Sehun asked.

S-stylist? What the hell are you saying? I majored in Botany not dress and makeup .

“Y-yes—” Well that’s what he said to their manager, I’m not in the position to oppose.

“Dohee-ah my coffee! Did you bring it!?” I looked back and saw Minseok with Luhan catching up with him and Lay. I looked behind them and saw Kris and Jongdae talking.

“Oh, I’m sorry Mr. Kim Minseok, I wasn’t able to buy one for you” I scratched my head. Xiumin gave a sigh of loss but then regained a smile.

“It’s okay, I really regret not buying first thing this morning” he gave me a pat.

“And just Minseok” he added. Luhan looked uncomfortable by Minseok’s hands on my shoulders.

“Minseok-ah” Luhan whined and grabbed Minseok’s arms. “Can I borrow your phone?” he asked. I rolled my eyes. Lucky Xiuhan shippers, their ship is so real. I thought.

“Dohee-ah, did you bring food?” Jongin asks out of the blue.

Do they see me as a delivery woman? Do I look like I wear a nametag saying Food Delivery: Dohee at your service?! No .

“I—I didn’t bring anything” I said and when I say I didn’t bring anything, I mean it. NOTHING.

“Oh, kkaepsong” Baekhyun added with a  slight pout.

Kkaepsong your face. Aigoo, the last time I checked I applied for Mr. Kim Joonmyeon’s company not as a delivery woman for 11 other idiots.

“That’s enough, Dohee-ah has still a lot of things to do, if you want food, here” Mr. Kim showed up out of nowhere and grabbed my arm.

I CANNOT BELIEVE MY EYES.  OH MY GOODNESS.

His.

Hands.

Are.

Holding.

My.

Elbow.

Kill me now please.

My eyes darted on his hands on my elbow.

Mr. Kim gave Kyungsoo a card and told them to buy anything they wanted to while he led me to the bleachers.

 

“Call Mr. Do and tell him if he already got my mail, tell him I have already revised the contract and it’s the board’s job to come up with the whole blueprint and written agenda” He commanded and grabbed his tablet.

I guess we’re back to work. Yep, no damsel in distress kisses prince charming happening in here guys—maybe next time. Oh, I think that was Kris’s line. Hahaha

“Okay Sir”

I called Mr. Do.

“And also, ask him if he have completed the list of our new investors”

I nodded.

“Dohee-ah, have you already checked the stocks today”

I shook my head. “No Sir, I still haven’t—”

“Well then check it, also, tell the Vice President to reschedule an appointment with the contractors and building team by the end of the month”

“Y-yes Sir”

The next twenty minutes were only filled with commands to call or check or whatever but it was a bit interesting because seeing Mr. Kim so determine to run his business so well despite of being a member of EXO.

While everyone gets to eat ice cream and drink cappuccino frappe, he was alone, not literally because I’m here, but he was alone working while they were enjoying a short period of freedom from their managers and practice and fans.

“Do you want coffee sir?” I can’t help to ask while glancing away from the eleven guys.

He shot me a look. “You already bought me coffee” he then lifted his cold cup of coffee.

“O-oh, I—I forgot” I reasoned and scratched my forehead.

His eyes were darted on me for the next five seconds but then he looked back to his tablet and was reviewing some things.

I stared back the eleven others who were happily joking around and then my ty stomach just had to ruin it for me.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Okay, that was my stomach being so vocal about wanting food.

I bit my lips and gulped. Oh , I just hope he didn’t hear it.

Before I could stand and run away, Mr. Kim shot me another look.

“Did you eat breakfast?”

“I – uh” before I could continue, a voice from the speaker announced that we were ready to board the plane. I stood up right away and grabbed my bag.

Mr. Kim stood up and gave me his tablet.

“Please work on the lists of next month’s business meetings”

He walked towards the eleven boys while I was behind working.

“Excuse me miss” a man in his mid-forties went near to me. He was their manager, the one Mr. Kim was talking to a while ago. I bowed.

“Are you Joonmyeon’s stylist right?”

“Err.. Y-yes” I replied uncomfortably but still flashing a smile.

“Take this, he needs a few retouches from time to time” he handed me a bag that seems to be a make-up kit.

“O-oh” I held it and then all I could feel was a wave of people passing through me and bumping me.

“Ouch” I cried as kid stepped on my foot.

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. What the . What the—arrgggh!

I raised my foot and tried to touch it when another man bumped causing me this time to crash on the wall. Thankfully, I crashed on the wall rather than on the floor.

I can’t seem to recognize who bumped me because people were walking too fast to board the plane. My foot really hurts, I can’t really walk properly.

“Ow” I said to myself as I tried to walk through the crowd.

Why is everyone bumping? Aigoooo. The universe is testing my patience! ARGGH.

“Ah” I squeaked as another man bumped through me.

I rolled my eyes and decided to walk as fast as I could towards the plane with all my ability. Too bad my foot really hurts that I can’t walk faster than I wanted to.

“Ouch”

Another bump.

And another.

And another.

And another.

“Aigoo, why is the world—” I was about to complain aloud when someone held my waist.

I looked up and saw Jongin assist me.

Okay, I did not expect this. Not in my whole life.

 WTF?

“A-ah, Jongin-ssi” I said and stopped.

He looked at me and smiled awkwardly.

“Are you okay?” he asked and surprisingly, he sounded concerned. Which made me puke at that instant.

“Y-yeah” I replied and straightened up.

His eyes narrowed and traveled down from my face to my foot, the one that the kid stepped on a while ago.

I raised my foot backwards and coughed.

“Oh” he said and released his grip on my waist.

“I’m totally fine, you should hurry” I reasoned. Gosh, I didn’t know this is so awkward.

I’ve read a lot of this in fanfics, instead of getting butterflies; I only got a drier throat and totally awkward face. .

I didn’t know they could really happen.

He looked at me one last time and then looked away. “Okay” he said.

“After you” I offered him to enter first and then I followed, with one foot barely functioning.

 

I searched up my seat. It was beside the window. Yey. I love windows seats.

I hurried and sat. I was about to buckle my seatbelt when the manager called me.

“Y-yes Sir?”

“You go sit beside Joonmyeon, he may need a retouch right before we land on Japan”

What? What? A-are you kidding me? Ugh.

I stood up and searched for Mr. Kim’s seat. He was right on the window seat at the front part of the plane. I tried so hard to walk properly but just can’t. My foot really hurts. Ugh, stupid kid!

“What happened to your foot?” Mr. Kim asked as I made my way to sit beside him because I was kind of hopping on my way. Well this is awkward, sitting beside your boss on a plane.

“Nothing, I just stripped” I lied and sat.

“Couldn’t you get more reckless?” he blurted.

Err. Do you want a kick on the ? And a punch on your face Mr. Kim Joonmyeon? I would love to give you dope face.

“I-I’m sorry” Even if apologies weren’t needed but he made the situation look like it was my fault and like he was my mother who just told me to not play with fire but still I played with fire that’s why I got my foot hurt. Err.

“Unless you’re not going to do it the second time, that’s the only time I’m gonna take it” he blurted and rested his head on his seat an closed his eyes.

I rolled my eyes. Aigoo, I can’t help but want to kick him on the face.

I buckled my seatbelt and started to work again. I opened his tab but unfortunately it has a password.

How the hell am I going to work then?

I glanced back at him and saw him peacefully sleeping. Like a real angel. Now this is ironic ladies and gentlemen.

Everyone was still busy settling on their seats and then came the pilot’s announcement.

“Everyone, we might be delayed for 10 to fifteen minutes because the aviation is trying to clear the airways for the other planes because the clouds are bit thick but we’ll be just fine. Sorry for the inconvenience.”

I tried to enter different passwords but none of them worked.

His birthday didn’t work.

His number didn’t work.

His address didn’t work.

EXO’s anniversary didn’t work.

Our Hotel address didn’t work.

Nothing worked.

I already reached the maximum password tries and it will take me 15 minutes to re-enter the password again.

I impatiently waited and from time to time looked at him fall asleep like a sheep. Right before I could look away again, my stupid pea brain thought of a bull but worth it idea.

I grabbed my phone and secretly took a picture of an angel looking demon right beside me.

I might just use it in the future for blackmail or what. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I laughed evilly inside my head. Just when I was about to put my phone on my bag, a flight stewardess leaned in.

“Excuse me ma’am, I think your boyfriend is really deep asleep already. Could you please buckle up your boyfriend’s seatbelt instead?” she smiled politely. I almost fainted.

Come. Again? B-boyfriend?

“O-oh, he’s not—not my a-a, b-boyfr-riend” I tried to explain but she turned away because an old man asked for her assistance with the latch bin.

I sighed in defeat. Well, I guess I have no choice.

I got the other end of the seatbelt and reached for the other. Unfortunately, it’s too fat for me to reach in this position. I unbuckled mine so I could reach further.

I’m actually having a hard time reaching for the other belt because it was hidden somewhere behind his back. If I’m not mistaken he might’ve sat on the other belt. Err. I tried to run my hands to his back to find the other one but I was unsuccessfully. I looked up at him to check if he’s still asleep, he still was.

Okay Dohee-ah, just hurry up a bit before he kicks you out of this plane and drop in the middle of an ocean full of sharks!

I started to search my for the belt in a hurried manner and my hands were already traveling the lower part. I felt the metal end, finally. I was about to get it when I realized I was already touching his .

What the .

I was about to get my hands out when I crashed into his chest.

Oh my goodness. Why can I be so reckless? . Oh heavens help me. Oh dear.

I heard him grumble under his breathe. I bit my lip waiting for my death to finally arrive.

I looked up and I met his signature stare that no one really survived. I started to blink faster by the second—speechless.

Okay, so how am I gonna explain this I have been doing.

“I – I” I started to speak but just lost of the words I learned from kindergarten.

“What. Are. You. Doing?” he glared at me angrily. I retreated and sat up straight to my seat.

“I—I was just trying to buckle your seatbelt S-sir” I said with utter embarrassment.

He shot me another death glare. “Well can’t you wake me up?!” he asked darkly, under his breath, not wanting attention from the other passengers.

“I was—I didn’t want to wake you up” I reasoned.

He studied my face and then finally buckled his seat.

I gulped. What the Dohee! Are you trying to have a social suicide here? Are you trying to be fired?!

Oh universe, you better tell me now what I have done to deserve this!

“Have you worked on the list yet?” he asked, unamused.

I looked at him and shook my head.

“I don’t know the password.” I said. He grabbed his tablet and entered the password, he then handed it back to me. His eyes fixed on the back of the seat in front of him.

I received it with my head bowed down and my cheeks flustered.

My life is becoming an embarrassment.

I started with my work while he went back to his slumber.


Author's note:

Hi there! If anyone's really reading this...

Anyways, I'm really sorry for a crappy update. I kind of enjoy seeing Dohee go through embarrassing moments because she’s easily annoyed and she’s not the typical person who sets out for being too positive and happy and easily swayed by EXO. She finds them attractive and to be honest, frustratingly handsome to the extent that her self-control wavers but she’s just so awkward around boys because she never gets to deal with this in her past life. Hahahaha, anyways I’m thinking about tweaking the fonts, and style of the past chapters. Are you okay with it? Or are you already comfortable with it’s so uninteresting and ty façade? Is it okay for you if I edit the foreword and the description? 

I’m not sure if someone’s even going to bother answering, so I’m gonna go.

Bye, thanks for reading and subscribing and upvoting. I don’t have much subscribers and readers but I’m really grateful because a lot are still reading my updates. :-)

Please anticipate the next chapter because they’re going to be in Japan! :-)