12

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

I really don't know why I can't stop smiling, or feeling giddy on our way to the sauna. But even though with these weird feeling gathering in the pits of my stomach I end up sitting so awkward trying so hard not to show my very humiliating thoughts. 

Should I talk? No? Yes, I think I think I shouldn’t because he’ll be very pissed once I start talking. But it’s really getting awkward. Should I apologize for what happened a while ago? Or should I say it later? WTF, why am I even bothering to talk? Is it really that awkward for me?

I mean, Dohee, just please. You are already 22 years old and you know what social graces are. At least make a decent conversation or something.

BUT HE’S NOT MR. GOODIE-TOO-SHOES, HE’S SATAN’S BROTHER OR SOMETHING!

BUT HE’S NOT THAT BAD AFTER ALL! HE JUST LET YOU IN!

BUT YOU’RE STILL NOT SURE IF HE’S TAKING YOU TO THE SAUNA!? WHAT IF HE’S TAKING YOU TO HELL INSTEAD?

BUT THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!

AAAAAHHHHH! YOU ARE CRAZY!

Come on Dohee, first calm down, don’t shout to yourself—this might be happening inside your head but remember that you get a little too carried away!

Anyways, to not make things awkward just ask something that will end by his answer and nothing more.

Okay—what the shall I ask? Like “heyo, cappuccino?”

Lame.

“Hey there polar bear”

Why would I even say that?

So how about. “Did you come for me?”

? You’re not a damsel in distress or something Dohee-ah you are his secretary. Not his secret sweetheart or something.

What if “Wassup Donald duck?”

WTF? NO! are trying to put yourself in hell?

What if…. “So how’s the stock market?”

Why do I care about the stock market anyways?

What if ….. “Thank you for giving me a ride--  Sir”

And then you’ll give her your creepy smile? No Dohee-ah, you are not making yourself even more humiliating.

BUT WHAT SHOULD I SAY?!

“Good evening Sir, your car is so nice, thank you for letting me sit in this piece of leather”

It sounds okay but what if it’s not a leather?

“Good evening Sir, your car is so nice, thank you for letting me sit in this piece of thing that is not a leather”

Are you kidding me?! Dohee is this all you can do?

Oh , we are nearing the sauna, should I speak? Should I not? Omo! OMO! AISH JINJA?!?!?!?!

Okay, here we go, here we go. Act calm, try to look cool, vocal chords don’t mess up, please no stuttering, okay—okay, 3, 2,

“Spit it out”

I turned to him, my eyes wide and yes—it was so wide I swear my whole face is composed of my eyeballs.

“I—”

“You what?” he asked coldly, as usual.

“I was just wondering where the kids are?” okay—that was okay.

“I dropped them by their mother’s office” he was looking at signals and then turned the steering wheel to the right, Mr. Kim Joonmyeon totally looked ing hot when you look at his side. , the nose, those eyes—

“What are you looking at?” I felt him roll his eyes in annoyance.

Am I really that obvious?

YES YOU ARE DOHEE, YES YOU ARE

“O-oh, no-o-othi-ing, i-I ju-us-t w-a-nt to-o a-a-apo-loog-i-ze f-or—”

“What happened a while ago?” he cut me short. , I was stuttering too much that it sounded like I was an annoying parrot being put down to a death sleep or something. I was worse than a new born learning to read his or her birth certificate.

“Y-e-es” I gulped, Dohee, can you get your straight?!

“Don’t worry, I will see to it you’ll get what you deserve”

WHAT THE ?! WHAT DID YOU SAY? EXCUSE ME? PARDON? CAN YOU REPEAT WHAT YOU JUST SAID? SO ARE YOU SAYING YOU’RE NOT LETTING ME OFF THE HOOK?

“E-eh?”

Joonmyeon seemed to ignore my remark and parked the car in front of the sauna.

“Is this it?” he asked and looked outside. “Yes” I nodded and unbuckled the seat belt.

We went out.

Mr. Kim opened the trunk of his car poof! A lot of organizers and boxes appeared like magic!

“Wha-at are th-e-ese?” I can’t help but ask in shock.

“Work on these, I’ll check them next week” he said and dusted off his suit.

“I’m going”

He didn’t even dare look at me. LIKE WTF? ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE TALKING TO SOMEONE?!

I STOOD FROZEN! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!

HE’S LEAVING ME WITH THESE BUNDLES OF PAPERWORKS?! IS HE CRAZY?!

JINJA! YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

His car started but before he could accelerate he rolled down his windows and finally (like I was waiting for this or something which I’m not—or just little—okay calm your , just a little) he looked at me.

“That’s a good way to keep me inside that head of yours for a long long time

I was speechless. Come again? What did you say?

Then poof, he drove so fast in a second he was already in hell, I mean, he was already nowhere to be seen.

Yah! What made you think you ever crossed my mind?

“YAH! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT?! YOU NEVER CROSSED MY MIND NOT EVEN FOR A SECOND! YOU JERK!” I shouted and stomped my foot.

That jerk? What makes him think I thought of him?! Like ew? Why would i? first of all he’s my boss. Secondly, he’s not even worth my time and third of all, just yuck!

AGGGHHHHH! But why did I really think of him a while ago?

THAT MADE ME LOOK STUPID!

 “YAAAAAAAH! SATAN’S BROTHER! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!”

“YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!”

 

 

I went inside the sauna with three organizers and a box. The sauna ahjumma got shocked when I went in.

“Oh, hello Good evening ahjumma” I smiled, trying to act that I was okay even though, yep, I wasn’t because I was having a dang hard time carrying them inside. What could be better than this? I thought sarcastically.

“Need any help?” she asked looking doubtful at me

I shook my head, “Oh no, I’m just fine, I’m just—” I tried to lift them and put a show face, trying to smile like it was as light as a cotton.

Well it’s not so—I think I’ll have to pretend that everything’s cool.

I waited for ahjumma, to look away and just leave me be but she was still checking on me.

“I’m really fine” that’s a very big lie thanks to that devil, I’m not gonna sleep for the rest of forever working on these.

“Are you really sure?” her eyes brows raised

“YUP!” I nodded like it was nothing but , how will carry them in my room? no Dohee, just be honest just for once.

Ahjumma was about to turn around when I started to speak again.

“Actually” I grinned, “I could use some help”

“too”

“that is”

“if you’re not busy”

“or anything”

“or if you’re okay with it”

“or if you’re not annoyed”

“or something like that”

I said, continuously just trying to make sure I let it out, coolly or casually but it ended up so awkward like I was a robot or something.

Ahjumma smiled, “Aigoo, this kid” she uttered and then helped me out.

Geez, I really don’t know what to do without her.

“Thanks ahjumma!” I said gladly and smiled.

After dinner, I cleaned the sauna together with ahjumma and assisted some customers with their food and bath salts. After that I went directly to the storage room, yes, that’s where I’m staying because they don’t really have an available room for me, I know it’s sad but don’t worry once Joon will be back from vacation, I’ll ask him for a place to stay,

I opened the organizers and started working.

With only a lamp and a small table and a small sleeping mattress, I tried to survive my life.

Well, so far so good. Yeah, it’s not the good you think, but this is okay rather than me sleeping at the park.

 


“YAH WAIT STOP! DON’T CLOSE ON ME YET!” I shouted as I ran from the entrance to the elevator but , the door closed already.

“” I caught my breath and paused for a while, my feet hurts from running with these heels. I looked at my watch, I still have 5 minutes. I pressed the button for the elevator but I’m getting impatient so I used the stairs again. Geez, these are really helpful at times I tell you.

Finally, I reached the 30th floor and thank goodness my body is still complete. I rushed towards the door, I hope he’s still not there.

And yes, I opened it.

He was nowhere to be seen. Good, I’m not late. I smiled sheepishly to myself and then proceeded to my table to put my things.

I brewed new coffee beans and when I went out, he was still not around.

I cleaned his table and arranged some folders but still he didn’t come.

I cleaned my table and went back to the kitchen and when I came out still he was not around.

Wait, why am I waiting for him anyways? Aish, I’ll just work on those papers he sent me last night. I scratched my head and then sat on my table and started to work.

Lunch was already over and he was still not around.

I then tried to look for Mr. Do.

“Hey Dohee, it’s a surprise to see you here” he smiled and then placed his mug on his table.

“Actually, it’s already past lunch but Mr. Kim is still not around” I said alarmingly, instead of sympathizing with me, Mr. Do just nodded and smiled widely like he just won the lottery, “Aye, yes, I think he’ll not be coming around for the next days or weeks or months, I don’t know—did he leave some things to you?”

“Yes” I answered in a confused tone

“Just work on those and you’ll be fine” he shrugged

“So I’m not gonna see him for unknown number of days?” I asked, trying to clear things out

“Why would you want to see him?” he raised his brows, I bit my lower lips. Oops, did I just say that? Ugh, I hate myself.

“I mean—so that- makes – it—” I tried to think what to say

“Good news?” I settled for that one

“Absolutely” he smiled at me and I didn’t know why I felt a little bit off or whatever.

“O-oh, but why?”

“I think he’s busy for their comeback stage or something” he reasoned “Just praise the heavens that the devil is not here” he said and shoved me off

“B-but—wait” I tried to talk to him but he ignored me on purpose. Err. I had no choice but head back to my table.

“Aish” was the only thing I could utter. I didn’t know why I lost the appetite to work I mean, I should rejoice right that he’s not here and things will be at least normal. Err.

I really don’t understand why sometimes he’s not that bad but sometimes he’s a jerk and devil an idiot, everything you can call him—he is that person.

Anyways, there’s no use thinking about him, let’s just work on this papers till he’ll come back. But wait, comeback stage? Why would he have a comeback stage? is he a theatre actor or something?

Ew, the thought makes me vomit. But why not he’s not that bad, after all he’s super good looking.

Wait, oh no, Yah! Dohee-ah, stop thinking about non sense and just continue your work! I slapped myself a million times and opened my computer then I noticed that I had one email. Oh, maybe this is Mr. Kim—I checked it right away only to find out it was Joon.

 

From: [email protected]

Hey, how are you? I just emailed you the receipts; I already paid your unpaid bills.

Call me when you’re not busy anymore.

 

I sighed in frustration. So I’m not gonna hear from him this day?

YAH! DOHEE-AH DON’T GET DOWN! WHY ARE YOU SAD?! YOU SHOULD BE THROWING A PARTY RIGHT NOW! CUT THIS OUT!

I clicked the “x” button and then signed out from my email. I opened the folders on and worked on them instead.

Then the telephone rang. I didn’t dare wait for a millisecond, I grabbed it right away.

“Yes Mr. Kim do you need anything?”

“Y-yes” the other line spoke,

“Oh, I mean, this is K&K corporation, may I help you?” I asked. So it’s not him? Is he not gonna call or something telling that he’s not coming?

“This is Joonmyeon’s father, is he free next Friday?”

“Oh, Good afternoon Mr. Kim, I’ll just check—yes – yes he’s free”

“Good, thank you, tell him I made reservations at the Italian restaurant in Damsong”

“Okay Sir, I’ll make sure to tell him”

Then the other line hung up.

So I’ll have to call Mr. Kim then?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA, now there’s a reason to call him! HAHAHA—WAIT A MINUTE, WHY WAS I THINKING ABOUT CALLING HIM ANYWAY?

I grabbed my phone and then I realized there was a text message. Before opening to check who it was,  I gulped and deep inside the pits of my pancreas I kind of somehow, although it’s hell weird, kind of wish it was Mr. Kim. Ew, yuck punch me now yes please.

I closed my eyes while I unlocked my screen and then the name flashed on the screen made me scream in excitement.

“I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS!” I shouted to myself when I saw Mr. Kim’s name on the screen well not literally his name because I registered him as:

Super Saiyan Gorilla Devil Boss fresh from hell

 

From: Super Saiyan Gorilla Devil Boss

Pay my bills for last month, they’re due tomorrow.

 

WTF? Really? Did he just texted me? Telling me to pay his bills, there’s no sorry I can’t come at the office or something? Well, I shouldn’t be surprised—devils like him, I mean people like him are so into their own world.

I bit my lip, should I reply or what?

I placed my phone at my table and tried to think clearly which meant me talking to myself and weighing it all out.

 

“Dohee, you should reply and tell him that you are gonna pay his bills and then tell him that his father called end of conversation!”

“But as his secretary shouldn’t you know what he’s doing right now?”

“So you should also ask him what he’s doing right now”

“But what if he thinks you’re being sneaky”

“No, just say what you need to say then wait is that a song?”

“No, yah! Dohee! Can you just get your just for once, call him and just say whatever there is to say, period end of conversation!” I yelled to myself and finally came up with a decent choice.

I stood up and then grabbed my phone and started to dial his number.

This is it, calm your balls.

 


Author's note:

Hello you!

Thanks for patiently waiting for my updates! And finally yes, I have upadted rather quick because I'm just so excited for Dohee to finally find out the his boss is not just a plain business tycoon but also an idol. HAHAHAHAHA, so that will be the story for the next chapters. Please anticipate. :-)

Thank you for reading. Kamsahamnida. Saranghae! :--)

Love, Me :-)

P.S.: What would you do if I didn't update ever? Hahaha, I was just curious anyways, have a good day. And I'm really sorry if this update is rather boring or dragging or full of errors.