5

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

"I arrived at K&K Corporationa building. My heart can't seem to slow down since yesterday. I don't know which is faster, the speed of a jetplane or the speed of my heart. Aigoo. Seriously, I ca't breathe well. Ugh.

"Good morning Ma'am" the receptionist greeted me behind the counter. I bowed back at her. "Where is the applicants' examination room?" I inquired. She smiled and moved her hand gracefully to the right, "Straight ahead ma'am and you'll see a big door with a sign"

"Thank you" I said and walked towards the right.

Holy cheetos, this building is sure classy. I finally arrived in front of the door but before I could turn the knob, I heard whispers at the background, I looked around and saw some employees looking at me. Some looked concerned, some looked surprised, some looked scared. 

What are these people thinking? It's not like I'm enetering the gates of hell. Tsssss. Aigoo, jinja. I didn't mind their weird looks and turned the knob. When I opened the door, I saw a bald man with glasses on infront of other 4 people, they looked like they were applicants too.

"Oh, good thing we have another applicant, take a sit please" he pointed at the seat at the center. I hurriedly walked towards the chair then sat and rested my palms on my legs, just like an elementary kid. Yeah.

"Good morning applicants. I'm Mr. Do and I just want to welcome you all to.... HELL" he slammed both his hands on the table and smiled evily. I can't help but bend my body backward. Holy Cheetos, Jinja? Why did I even borth to turn the knob. Ugh. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TURNED THE KNOB! Huhuhu.. What do I do now? Heaven help me! 

"Anyways" Mr. Do straightened up and folded his arms. He smiled creepily. "I'm not going to be the one to bring you hell, per se, I'm just going to give a ride there" Aish, jinja is he really for real? What ruckus have I enetered this time?! Err, Dohee, I think you're life is ending any minute now. I face palmed.

"So, in a few minutes now, I'll be handing you your evalution and examination sheets, this will be the first part." he said and looked at each one of us in the eyes. He was actually pretty scary and creepy guy and I think he's gay. 

"I'm telling you that this is not an easy job that you are entering, this job is a bit too much at times and it demands your life on the line. It needs patience, determination, brain, talent, good language skill and most of all, it needs a stone heart to live this job, are you still on for it?" he asked us, he was serious now and he looked like he was damn serious. 

He folded his arms and raised his brows when two of the applicants stood up. He motioned towards the door and then flashed his hand for them to go out.

"Well, that was honest and brave of them, now anybody else who wants to continue and is determined to stick to his decision?" 

There was silence and nobody stood up.

"Well I guess you are all determined. Let's start then"

So the examination started and my heart seemed to have ran off to the boundaries of South Korea and North Korea because I can't feel it already and my palms are as cold as the himalayas.

After one hour, the examination ended along with my blood supply. There wasn't even one thing on the pdf that was there. Like are you kidding me? I haven't slept for 4 days because I had to memorize everything in it and not even one, even one came out? . This is just . 

 

Together with the other two applicants, we sat down anxiously waiting for the results. I kept fidgeting my fingers and my legs can't stop shaking. I wasn't able to eat my lunch because I just didn't have the appetite to. I can't even take one more step because I'm too nervous for the results. I have to pass the exams. I just have to or else I'm dead. 

 

Mr. Do then came out with the results in hand. He smiled a little and then he was back to his poker face.

"Well hello there"

"Hello Mr. Do" we answered in chorus.

"I'm a bit surprised to tell you that..."

Omg? What could the results be? Did I get in? I think I got in, I really feel it. Really, really feel it. I crossed my fingers and began to be very hopeful.

"No one passed the exams"

My shoulders sank, I looked at co-applicants and they all were shaking their heads and scratching their scalps.

"Wha-a-a-at? Can you say that again?" I said in disbelief

"No one of you passed" he said simply and shrugged. Then he handed us our test result. I got 05 out of 250 questions. ? Is this real? I mean how did I get this score? I was pretty sure I answered well! No! This can't be!

"I'm sorry" Mr. Do said and patted my shoulder and then looked at my co-applicants. They started to walk away while I was frozen, standing there like a statue. My test results glued on my hands and my eyes stopped blinking.

"Ms. Hwang are you okay?" Holy crackers of crackers, are they for real? I should get this job! no this can't be happening!

"Ms. Hwang?" he asked again and flashed his hands in front of my face.

"Hah?" I answered still absorbing my results. 

I slowly lowered my hands. Mr. Do sighed and talked lowly to himself. "I can't believe he had to let applicants take an exam for lawyers" he then shook his head. What was he talking about? I turned slowly but before I could walk, the employees started to run so fast in all directions and rattle. What on earth are they doing? Is this somekind of TV show? Are they doing a mob dance?

". The CEO arrived already" I heard Mr. Do said and pulled me to his side. "Out of the way Ms. Hwang because in 10 seconds he'll be opening that door"

What in the hell is he talking about? I didn't have a choice but to stand by his side while I see all the employees trying to settle down. The girls all fixed their hair and uniforms, everyone tried to search for any garbage in the background. One man sprayed room freshener and the other the floor and I don't really know why he had to that. It was pretty much disgusting. Eww.

"3, 2 and he's here" Mr. Do whispered and squeezed my arms. "Ouch"

Then I looked at the door  and a man, wearing a suit entered. He was wearing sunglasses and he looked like he was a person from a painting. He was beautiful. Litrerally. He had beautiful skin, well arched eye brows, dark black hair and he was just perfect in that suit. He looks like an angel.

He walked like a ramp model but had more grace and the employees all lined up in the side and greeted him.

"Good afternoon Mr. Kim" they all chorused. He stopped and took three steps backward. Then he looked at the employee, who was a boy, from head to toe.

"Mr. Chong, just because  I came in late doesn't mean you can freely get coffee from my office" 

Everyone looked at him and he looked surprised because maybe, he didn't know why the dazzling man knew. Then the man adjusted the employee's necktie. "Next time, if you are going to drink coffee from my coffee machine, make sure you don't make a mess" Then he dusted of the shoulders of the employee and walked away towards us. Then a female employee handed him a pile of black folders. He handed them back and sighed in irritation.

"I got another call from a Japanese investor Sir that they would want to set a meeting with you" she said while they continued to walk towards our direction. He faced the girl, "Have you set the date already?" he asked in urgency and sounded a bit irritated, geez, why is he like that? 

"No sir, because I wasn't able to get your old event calendar from your past secretary—"

"It has already been a week and you haven't got me a new secretary? Are you nuts?" he began to shout.

Everyone bowed their heads down. I was extremely surprised too. "Oh no!" Mr. Do scratched his bald forehead. 

Then the guy walked faster and faced Mr. Do, his hands on his waist. "Mr. Do! Haven't you got me a secretary yet!?"

"Sir actually" Mr. Do began to sound shaky and nervous then he suddenly pushed me forward. "Ow" I exclaimed.

Why in the hell did Mr. Do pushed me.

"She's actually here" he said and tried to smile confidently.

"Wait, what me?" I tried to ask in confusion and Mr. Do winked secretly trying to tell me to play along in the scene.

"Oh me.." I said while looking at Mr. Do, quite unsure if it was what he meant.

The man then lowered his sunglasses and then the real deal came. HE WAS GORGEOUSLY HANDSOME. HE WAS LIKE AN ANGEL. 

Seeing him makes me feel that the purpose of my life has been already fulfilled. His eyes were an ocean of black pearls and his eyelids were just perfect. He smelled really good and was so handsome when he's near. I haven't seen a man this dazzling. His skin was fair and his face was flawless. I just can't

"Excuse me?" 

"Oh, sorry. Are you talking to me?"

"Are you deaf?  I just asked you what your name is!" he sounded irritated and then pull off his sunglasses down. 

just got real. I think I can't handle his face anymore. . This is just too mu

"Her name is Dohee, Hwang Dohee" Mr. Do answered for me and then pinched me at my side. "Ouch" that one hurts.

"Dohee?" he folded his arms and checking my face I guess... Aww, he's really handsome. "Yes?" I'm pretty sure he's Cinderella's prince charming in his past life. 

"Work on these papers" then he handed me those black folders which by the way, I just realized was so heavy. I had a hard time adjusting. I almost fell down with it.

"Ookay" I smiled, still mesmerized by his beauty. Is he really real? Is his name Adonis? The most handsome man in the Greek Myth. Aww, he is just so dreamy.

"Okay what?" the man asked me in a rather angered tone.

"I mean, yes Mr. Adonis, I mean Mr." I was loading. I can't seem to say his name, or I think I forgot his name because his face is just too perfect.

"Kim" Mr. Do elbowed me and whispered.

"Kim. Yes, Mr. Kim, right, I'll work on this paper right away" I smiled again. He looked at me for a few seconds then rolled his eyes and walked away.

Omg! With a boss like him I think I'm already in heaven! Woootwew! OMG! I THINK I JUST WON THE LOTTERY, MWAHAHAHAHA! THAT'S RIGHT DOHEE! A GOOD LIFE IS ON THE WAY!

"Yah! Dohee-ah!" Mr. Do hollered at me. Aish, jinja, why is he breaking my moment.

"Hmm?" I replied, "You better get your working. Satan is already on his way up to his office, I bet you don't want to become a grilled chicken once you get there late" 

"What?" I said and started to panic. "Where should I go?"

"To the 30th floor. His office is there" 

"" I exclaimed and started to run at the nearest elevator.

 


 

Author's note:

Hi guys. This is an update. I hope you liked it. Heehee, and yes. Suho's already in the  story! :-) 

Please look forward for the next chapters and see how Dohee's life changes as she begins to work for Suho.