24

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

I was running towards EXO’s waiting room when I heard a noise rumbling behind me.

“Waaattcch Oouutt!” I heard a man scream from behind. I quickly bent down and then realized there was something big above my head, I saw two mean carry a huge metal bar above me. I bent for about five seconds and they already passed by me. I stood up and then hurried towards the door of the waiting room.

“T-They’ll—be—filling—the arena—about—an hour—from—now” I said while panting, bending lightly on my knees.

“O-oh, Geez, we don’t have much time left”

Jisuk looked at me, he was a bit nervous. He started to style Kris’s hair a little faster.

I have been running here and there to do errands. Jisuk along with the other stylists were busy styling them, EXO’s waiting room was so busy and noisy and everyone was everywhere. I tried to settle on an area where I wouldn’t be blocking the way since everyone seems to be moving a lot.

“Sehun have you practiced your greetings yet?” Mr. Kim asks, going out from the dressing room. He was fixing the buttons of his suit. Sehun looked up, holding the concert script.

“I think so…” Sehun replied nonchalantly, Mr. Kim sighs in frustration.

“Just please don’t mess up too much later, I’m begging you”

“Don’t worry the fans will still love me no matter what” he commented arrogantly.

Ugh. Arrogant maknae being a

Mr. Kim rolls his eyes to the young boy and checked on Yixing.

Hello Sehun, everyone, maknae’s EXO is..is..” Sehun practiced his Japanese lines to himself while looking up but then forgot what the next words were. He groaned in frustration and looked at the script again.

Huh. Let’s see if the girls fall for that too. Hahaha

“Damn, Japanese is hard” he hissed to himself. I glanced at Sehun and my eyes went to Mr. Kim, who shot Sehun a look, he was teaching Yixing his lines even if his Japanese accent was poor though, but at least—it’s the thought that counts.

I didn’t like standing here and just watching everyone move here and there and be busy while I awkwardly stare at them like I’m in a cinema—so I decided to help Sehun and lend him my knowledge and language skills.

“Need help bratty maks?”

“Bratty maks? Who the hell are you calling bratty maks?” Sehun muttered his eyes a bit mad, maybe angered because I just disturbed him in the middle of his memorization.

I let out a little chuckle.

Dumb Bratty Maks is Dumb.

Well here’s the thing. It’s an old habit of mine to put “s” on people’s nicknames when I was in the mood. And “Bratty Maks” is short for “Bratty Maknae”. I find it cool though.

Hahahaha and plus it pisses him off so, it’s better.

I used to even call Joon, Duck Alligator because he likes to go to the pond near their vacation house in Hongdae and he’s got quite a few resemblances of that of an alligator. But I turned it into Duck Alligates and he never knew all along that it was him who I was calling because he thought I was calling someone else. That was really hilarious though short lived because he got so mad at me he didn’t talk to me for a whole month and a day. Freak.

“I see you’re having a hard time with your lines, need help?” I said, holding back my laughter.

“I don’t need help” he grumpily replied and looked away. I shook my head.

Aigoo, Bratty maks is really a today.

“I could help you” I offered and held my hand out. “Hand me the script” I said.

Sehun glared at me but then just sighed and gave me the script anyways.

“Good, bratty maks” I said, petting his head. He growled at me. “Stop with the bratty maks already”

“What’s wrong with bratty maks? It’s cute…” I added, poking him on the arm.

I laughed but then stopped when his glare was getting angrier but it’s my time to get revenge for all the mocking he did to me about my laugh.

“Okay…okay…fine let’s start— you should start your sentence like this Hello Everyone, I’m Sehun, EXO’s maknae. I’m glad to see you all in here” I told him.

Then his lips parted a little, his eyes changed and his brows were a little high.

“Y-you speak Japanese?”

“Uhuh” I answered casually, my eyes traveling on the script but it stopped when I saw Mr. Kim’s lines.

Hello Everyone, I’m Suho and I’m your guardian angel. How are you feeling tonight? Are you feeling good? Well, I’m feeling good too, seeing you all happy and entertained.

*Tell the fans your thoughts about the night and comment about their energy*

Well his lines are a tough one and to think he has to say an impromptu line in Japanese at the end.

“Would you mind helping me too Dohee-ah?”

I took my eyes away from the script and saw Jongin sat beside Sehun, on his chair’s armrest to be exact. I rolled my eyes.

“Seriously Jongin?”

“Noona” he smiled. Ugh, why is this prick so annoying like I want to give him a punch on the face just once and maybe he’ll cut it out.

I glared at him and then nudged at Sehun to repeat what I just told him. Sehun narrowed his brows but then started.

“U-uh… Hello…ever—yone—, I’m…Sehun…EXO’s…maknae—”

Before Sehun could complete his line the annoying Jongin started to laugh at him.

“Dude you’re like a nursery kid learning the alphabet! How old are you again?” he laughed while holding onto his stomach.

“Aish!” Sehun groaned and hit Jongin’s arm.

“That’s enough just continue with what you’re doing, don’t mind Jongin” I said and then encouraged Sehun to start again.

Sehun’s eyes stayed at Jongin for a good of ten seconds before he started to practice his lines again.

“Hello everyone, I’m Sehun,  EXO’s maknae, I’m glad to see you all in here”

I clapped my hands. “Seems like bratty maks is getting better” I teased and patted his head one more time.

Sehun shot me a look. “Stop with bratty maks already!”

I just laughed at him while he suffers from my wickedness. Bwahahahaha, so don’t you dare mock my laugh again.

“Yah, Dohee-ah me too!” Jongin whined

Aigooo, why is this prick so clingy?

“Okay..okay, let me see your line” I said and checked the script. I looked over to him who was preparing to say his lines happily.

“Okay, say them” I said, straight-faced while looking at his lines to check if he said it correctly.

“Hello everyone, I’m Kai, EXO’s dancing machine. I hope you are having a good time”

He didn’t even stutter or pause. He just said it straightly like he has been memorizing it for the whole week, well although he can’t fully copy the accent but it was good, better than Bratty maks’s.

I shrugged lazily.

“Okay, I think you already got it, good job” I said unconcernedly and stood up, handing the script back to Sehun.

Jongin’s face fell.

“Yah! Why didn’t you pat my head? You should pat my head too! You even patted Sehun’s head! I did a better job than him” he whined again.

Aissh, whiny —what the is he actually doing?

“What the hell Jongin? You’re not in elementary!” I said back at him, matter-of-factly.

“And Sehun is?” Jongin uttered, crossing his arms across his chest, looking so pissed.

No, Sehun is in nursery? REMEMBER? You said it yourself actually… you

It’s so weird to see him whining like a kid but it’s amusing too though, I must admit.

“Shut up Jongin” Sehun muttered and rolled his eyes, turning his back on him,

“That’s unfair, at least give ma nickname too” he said, pulling out his puppy face.

EwWwwwWww. A hundred times EewWwW. Not buying it. Not now, not ever.

I sighed in submission, rolling my eyes away.

“What nickname do you want?”

“Just like Sehun’s”

“You mean bratty maks?”

“Y-yeah, that”

“Hey that’s my nickname! Don’t steal it you jealous guy!” Sehun surprisingly butting into our conversation.

Woah, seems like he liked Bratty maks after all.

I laughed at the sight of them bickering, just like kids—made me remember the times I had way back when Jaehwan and Joon would fight too over the choice of ice cream flavors—and before I forgot Jaehwan also had his fair share of his personalized nickname by me. I call him Kenmodo Draggers.

A mixture of his nickname name “Ken” and then Komodo dragon which of course, I tweaked a bit by adding “gers” and erasing “on”. Cool right? I bet.

“Uh… let me think.. what about J creeps? Is J creeps okay?” I asked, trying to analyze if it sounds okay for a nickname—for Jongin.

Upon hearing this Jongin’s face lightened, pulling away from Sehun.

“I don’t know what the heck that means but okay, J creeps it is then” he smirked victoriously. I rolled my eyes.

If only you know it is short for Jongin creepy. Hahahahaha

 

“Yixing it’s your turn, have your hair done now!” Jisuk announced a bit panicky but with utter seriousness. Yixing then promptly sat on the other chair next to Jisuk and he started to style his hair.

“Dohee-ah, can you get me another bottle styling spray gel?” Jisuk asked. I nodded directly and grabbed a bottle of spray gel.

“Here you go” I said, Jisuk grabbed it and started spraying it over Yixing. To feel useful, I tried to arrange things and clean up the mess that was unnecessary to make the room more organized.

“Tao and Baekhyun, have you wore your earpieces yet? Did you try it already?” Mr. Kim asked seriously as he walks across the room, checking the others. Tao and Baekhyun nodded and checked their earpieces sloppily.

“Jongdae, he’s your ring, wear it before you forget” he said to Jongdae and handed him his power ring. It was a lighting ring—representing lightning.

Duh..Dohee.. Duh

“Luhan hyung, Minseok hyung, have you already checked your earpieces? Do they work well?” he followed up Luhan and Minseok who was in the corner being assisted by the other stylist.

He got a nod from the both of them and two thumbs up.

“That’s good” he said—more to himself and adjusted his tie and look around the other members, trying to check if they are all ready for the opening act. I never saw him this nervous in the history of me being his secretary. He was so unlike his CEO self. He looked like a high school student who was about to recite a poem in front of the entire school. I can see he was having a really hard time breathing, maybe because he was really nervous.

Is he really that nervous?

Well obviously, Dohee— he wouldn’t be fidgeting that much if he wasn’t duh…

There was a knock in the door and their manager’s head popped.

“Joonmyeon and Kris, I need your for a minute”

Then the door closed. I heard Mr. Kim let out a heavy sigh and then went out together with Kris.

Jisuk was already done with Yixing, clapping his hand—more like trying to get rid of the sticky hair spray he was exposed to since earlier this day.

Yixing bowed and said his thank you and went towards Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.

I arranged the make-ups and bottles of hair sprays and threw some pieces of garbage on the garbage bin. The boys were starting to check themselves on the mirrors and took some selcas.

I rolled my eyes upon seeing this. These idiots still got some time for that when the concert is twenty minutes away.

I went at the back and let them see themselves clearly in the mirror when I heard a phone ringing. I searched for it and realized it was coming from Mr. Kim’s bag. I got it immediately and hurried outside.

I was about to turn it to him when I saw him seriously talking to the manager and the stage directors alongside with Kris. I was a bit reluctant to give it to him since they might be really talking about such important matters.

I watched the screen and realized it was mother calling him. I gulped and had to decide what to do.

Just wait for a little while and he’ll probably be done talking.

Please don’t stop calling, just please be patient for a while…

I can see the screen still glowing, it was still ringing.

I don’t think I have a choice…

I answered it.

“H-Hello Ma’am, this is Mr. Kim’s secretary” I spoke, trying so hard to be calm.

The lady on the other line seemed to be a bit disappointed since I heard a faint “Oh” in the background.

“M-Mr. Kim is still busy, could you just hold on for a bit?” I asked, and then bit my lip realizing I still haven’t heard a single reply from her.

Is she pissed? I hope she’s not.

“O-okay, I see—I’ll just hang up, could you give me a ring if he’s already done?” the lady on the other line finally spoke, a bit desperately and sounded too worried.

“O-okay Ma’am” I replied and she ended the call, my eyes still on Mr. Kim who’s brows, beautifully knitted together as he discusses something, his hand rubbing his chin.

I didn’t know he looked beautiful when he’s into serious discussions. His brows were beautifully arched up, I like them, I think I like them most about his face.

I was getting lost in his face when suddenly, without warning, his eyes landed on my direction.

I suddenly turned around. Oh . I just wished to the heavens he didn’t see that.

ty weird reflexes of mine...why did I even have to turn around? Now it makes it obvious?

What makes what obvious?

That you were looking at him!

Me?! Looking at him? I wasn’t! I was just… just…trying to check if he was really human…

What?

What?

Ugh. You’re crazy Dohee-ah.

I bit my lip harder and nervously thinking what to do.

Just act normal, like it was unintentional.

Breathe Dohee-ah. It’s not like you did it intentionally

My breathing got heavier.

Ugh! Why did I even bother to look at his face in the first place? Err.rERrr. Like it was worth looking at. Eww.

Why was I even looking at him in the first place??

I don’t really understand what’s going inside this pea brain of mine lately.

If he asks, just tell him there was a bee above his head…

Yuck, seriously? That’s so nursery Dohee—ah… whatever just pray to the spirits he won’t notice it.

I didn’t like the thought of me getting caught staring like ew. EW. EW. EW. NEVER IN MY WHOLE LIFE.

The moment I turned, Mr. Kim was already an arms span away from me. Mother of…

“Do you need something?” he asked with a deadpan expression.

“Y-your mother was calling Sir, she said to call her back when you’re not busy anymore” I said, not meeting his eyes. I handed his hand phone and then he grabbed it right away, giving his mom a ring.

“Hello Mom?” he said, walking away to the other corner. The others were starting to get out of the room. Kris did a head count and double-checked their appearance, trying to see if there was something lacking or off. There was none.

“Twenty minutes!” a girl, wearing a cap and a wireless microphone announced on the hallway and everyone started to rush towards the backstage.

I, together with Jisuk and the other stylists ran behind them, ready to assist them with whatever. The boys settled already in position just waiting for the cue. I searched for Mr. Kim, trying to check if he wasn’t left behind.

Tao…

Jongdae…

Jongin…

Sehun…

Kris….

Baekhyun….

Chanyeol…

Damn, where the hell is he? He must be here already…The concert is starting in 3 minutes.

Minseok….

Luhan….

Chanyeol…

Baekhyu—

“Dohee”

I automatically turned my head to the direction of the voice, knowing who it was. I was relieved upon seeing it was really Mr. Kim. He looked even more nervous, he seemed look so pale but his make-up seemed to cover it up for him.

“M-Mr. Kim…” I said back, a bit surprised.

Where the hell have you been young Mister.

“Hold my phone for a while” he said and shoved it into my hands—they were cold, so cold. I nodded my head and held it securely. “O-okay sir”

He went towards s and checked them again.

“Earpieces check. Microphones check. Don’t worry we can do this.” he muttered eyeing each one of them. Then he went to his position just behind Luhan.

I secretly watched him and he was uttering words to himself, like he was practicing his lines over and over again while fanning himself with his hand.

He was starting to get frustrated now and then looked up, blowing air on his cheeks and releasing them and practiced his lines again.

His eyes were moving constantly up in the air like he was thinking of a lot of things, like he was worried about a lot of things but also, like he was expecting this all his life too.

I was distracted with my thoughts when other artists passed in front of me and others, accidentally bumping me. I moved towards the side and carefully watched them preparing for the moments of their lives…others were busy fixing their hair, others were trying to calm themselves down, others were busy giving encouragements to everyone, others were just standing there like they were so used to this and the there’s Kim Joonmyeon—blonde hair, flawless face, eyes sparkling with many wonders.

You’ll do good… I just feel it that you’ll do good… Mr. Kim…

And once again in my whole life—I have seen Mr. Kim many things all at once.

I heard the endless screaming of the fans and the production started. The music was loudly banging here and there and the lights started to shine brightly.

3...2…1… it’s was show time.

 

“Hurry Dohee-ah, you don’t want to miss this!” Jisuk pulled me and dragged me towards the front side of the stage but instead of watching the stage, my eyes were glued at the fans. The arena glowed with their light sticks dancing beautifully like stars in the night sky. It was really beautiful and different colors were shining from different fandoms.

So this is what they get by being idols….

“Wow…..” For the first time in a long time I was genuinely amazed.

“Told yah!” Jisuk commented, not even looking at me. He tugged my hand and forced me to look at the stage already and the real deal began.

Wow.

Again and again, I’m genuinely amazed.

Then it came to me… I never attended a concert in my entire life. This was my very first concert—in my entire life. I was always expecting I’d attend a band’s concert like CN Blue or FT Island because I always though concerts were done by bands, with guitars, drums and a piano.

There were a lot of light effects happening on the background and then smoke were starting to rise from the sides and then there was complete silence and darkness and then after three seconds, all at once, the arena glowed and the lights started to dance along with the music.

The artists appeared out of nowhere and then started to dance gracefully into the upbeat music and the fans started to scream frantically. I spotted Luhan, Kai, Sehun, Yixing and Tao dancing along with the other senior idols.

Tsss. Didn’t know idiots could dance this well… so frustratingly well... Ugh.

“Woo! Bratty maks! J creeps! You go kids!” I cheered, even though I know they might not hear it. Proud parent moment here…

Then another set of artists appeared on the stage, and the lightings shifted and there were little fireworks and fire displays and they started singing.

I started to see Kyungsoo, Jogdae, Baekhyun, Xiumin and Mr. Kim singing along with female seniors. Contrary to the people I saw behind the stage, they were all smiling now and enjoying the music, trying to bring the fans to sing along with them and enjoy the night.

The rappers started to enter, Chanyeol and Kris were rapping with the others and another effect was added to the performance making it grander than ever.

The fans started to scream and chant and sing along with them.

The music was getting louder, and the lights were getting brighter that it was almost blinding and everyone was smiling, clapping, waving, screaming, and ecstatic but everything seemed to blur, seemed to slowly become mute until all I could see was Mr. Kim.

His expression was different. He was grinning, playing and singing along with the others and then waving to the fans when the choreography allowed him to.

I can’t bring myself to believe what I’m seeing.

Well, he really kept his words that he was working hard….even if he wasn’t eating healthily

He really wants this that bad huh? …..

I brought out my phone from my pocket and then turned the camera on.

This is a once in a lifetime moment. I’ve got to capture this.

After I took the photo, I attached a little note to it saying: Mr. Kim working hard.

Then slid it back and enjoyed the rest of the show.

 

 

“What?” I asked Jisuk for the millionth time in five minutes. We went back to the backstage even before the first half of the performance was done because we have to assist them with costumes changes and make-up retouches later.

He has been sending me meaningful stares ever since we went back.

“Seriously, Jisuk, I’m starting to think you’re getting crazy” I blurted and shook my head.

“Dohee you should be quite aware there are more than twenty of them on stage” he spoke, laying the make up in front of us on a table to be ready for the retouches later.

“What are you talking about? Of course I’m aware about that” I replied and helped him. Jisuk checked his left and then checked his right—only to see the other stylists giggling to each other. He then came closer to be, his hand on the side of his lips and whispered.

“But why did your eyes seem to only look at one person” he wiggles his brows.

I shot him a glare, my stomach starting to squirm. My reflexes seemed to be off-guard. I opened my lips to speak but I can’t bring my thoughts into words.

“I-I w-wasn’t l-looking a-at o-one p-person o-only” I defended myself and then turned to get the bottles of water ready to hide my flushing cheeks.

Jisuk smirked, more to himself. “Well, then if you say so”

“Believe me, I wasn’t looking at one person alone” I said, a bit jumpy without even a reason. Aish, Jisuk and his weird thoughts.

“Here they go—opening number done—Super Junior, you’re on hold—30 seconds to be in position, 10 seconds your off!” a man shouted out loud, startling me a bit.

Geez, so now I’m being so jumpy? Seriously what’s up with you Dohee-ah?

A group of artists flooded at the back, meeting with their stylists and manager. They were all panting and everyone was sweating due to the powerful performance.

I saw Jongin first, walking towards us, panting so hard.

“Woah, I didn’t know you were that good J creeps, good job!” I said and handed him a bottle of water. He was sweating like a pig, who wouldn’t? When someone dances that much, pouring all the effort he has left in him.

“Did you like it?” he asked excitedly, like a child asking his mother how his first painting was.

I raised both my thumbs and up and smiled widely.

“I know you would” he cockily replied along with his annoying smirk.

I made a face at him and then one of the stylists assisted him, wiping off his sweat on his forehead. I backed away and then assisted the others.

“Sehun, Tao and Jongdae tell the technician to fix your microphones well, they look a bit loose—they might fall later”

It was Mr. Kim, panting and sweating just like everybody else but still checking on others and not minding how he looked.

Tss, I smell martyrdom…

“Baekhyun, don’t forget to adjust your mic, it seemed to slip below your mouth” he added and Baekhyun nodded, fixing his mic obediently.

“Dohee!” I heard Jisuk yell, I turned to him and then he threw a bottle of water at me.

“W-woOah” I said, catching it on my hands. Wew, that was close.

Joonmyeon he mouthed and pointed at him. I obeyed and handed Mr. Kim the bottle of water.

He grabbed it, still panting and sweating hard then opened it but before he could drink he saw Kyungsoo panting too. He called him.

“Kyungsoo, drink this”

“Thanks hyung” he said and drank it with relief. Mr. Kim nodded and then spoke again.

“Don’t forget to get your make up retouched”

Mr. Kim walked towards the side and leaned on the wall, trying to catch his breath and he tried to rest too—resting the back of his head on the wall.

I went to the side to get another bottle of water to give him.

“M-Mr. Kim, h-here drink this”

I opened it before I handed it to him. He drank it impatiently, like his life depended on it at the moment which was partly true.

I noticed big beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

“Y-you’re sweating…” I can’t help but state, he ignored me—well he kind of looked annoyed and shot me a “duh” expression but he was too tired to emphasize it.

“Dohee-ah, could you fix Joonmyeon’s hair? Wipe his sweat also, we’re kind of shorthanded here” Jisuk yelled, assisting Kris this time.

I nodded. “O-okay”

I grabbed a box of tissue and gently wiped off the beads of sweat on his forehead. I was too focused on his face that I didn’t notice I was too close to him that I almost could feel his short breaths on my face.

His eyes were tired but it was still sparkling black. His eye brows were really beautiful, they were dark and thick and beautifully arched above his eyes. His nose was well bridged; his lips were parted a little. I could see every inch of his face more vividly now.

Oh .

My stomach started to dance tango again.

My heart started to race 120 kilometers per hour again.

My muscles were starting to freeze and forget their functions—again.

Oh .

Why the hell am I even taking my time staring at his ugly face? EERGH.

Before I knew it, his eyes were already sending daggers at me.

Holy moly. .

Before I could finally make a fool of myself, I stepped back realizing I have been staring too much.

“U-uhh” I muttered. I was now an arm span away from him, and with this distance, this safe distance, I reached for his forehead to wipe his sweat back.

Awkward…. Like I was reaching for the roof, I must say.

I gulped and wiped them awkwardly. I can’t even bring myself to concentrate because his stare was trying to kill me.

I just blinked them off but I ended up looking like I have blinking problems because I blinked too much.

“Move aside!” a voice shouted and all of a sudden, I felt cold hands on my waist, pulling me into the side suddenly.

My head landed on his chest and I could feel the heavy breathing his lungs gave off.

I slowly looked up and met his gaze. Oh holy mother of cows…

I gulped. Oh no! Oh no no no no

Hey feet, please move backward…

What the hell feet, just start moving backwards can you?

Move.

Backwards.

Please.

Feet.

I’m begging you.

Really? Why aren’t you moving?

FEET! JUST MOVE BACKWARD BEFORE YOU LOSE IT!

But I still can’t seem to move my feet because my senses were only concentrating on one thing. Mr. Kim’s hands, his cold hands on my freaking waist. Like what the hell… seriously… what the hell is going on?

What.

The.

Hell.

Before I could break away from the intense exchange of gazes, Mr. Kim removed his hands from my waist and stayed still. I blinked awkwardly and coughed and looked at the men who just passed by carrying the props they just used a while ago.

I bit my lip so hard that I swear they’d bleed. Awkward…….

“H-how many minutes left till our performance?” Mr. Kim asked, almost in a tired whisper.

“20 minutes” I replied, remembering the flow of performances for the concert—I studied it well a while ago and I could swear I memorized the flow.

“Good” he replied, his eyes almost closing.

I gulped and took a small step backward, enough to distance myself from him and to make sure I wasn’t blocking the way.

I started to fix his hair; spraying gel on it and then styled it the way Jisuk did it a while ago. I gently his hair upwards, slowly, making sure I’m doing it right.

The right part of his hair was already done and I was about to do the left side when his head fell on my shoulder.

What

The

Actual

.

Again?!

“M-Mr. K-Kim..” I spoke lowly but anxiously, wanting to step back and just remove his head on my shoulder.

Uh… Mr. Kim are you fully aware of what you are doing? Because your head just fell onto my shoulders like .

Why the hell aren’t you answering you piece of devil.

I panicked and spoke again.

“M-Mr. K-kim…”

Please don’t die. I didn’t do anything… I’m innocent!

I looked tensely around and my eyes landed on Jisuk.

“Hey”

Thankfully I caught his attention.

I gestured my eyes towards Mr. Kim’s head on my shoulder. Jisuk looked calm, like he was used to it.

Just let him be. He mouthed and gestured his hand to just let him be.

What? Are you fully aware about his situation? I mouthed back

Give him ten minutes! Jisuk replied back and then turned his full attention to Yixing this time.

I sighed in frustration, trying being calm, seeing Mr. Kim’s head on my shoulder.

Just because I’m wearing a tracksuit right now doesn’t mean I resemble a pillow or a car’s seat you know. Just sayin…

I didn’t know what to do. I just stood their awkwardly, trying to put all my strength to my left side shoulder where his head rests.

So what do I do? Just stand here? Should I stoke his back?

Wait what? his back?

Why would you his back?!

What? I was just suggesting.

Well your suggestions so just stay still and try your very best not to wake him up.

I tried to breathe calmly and stayed calm although my expression was contrary to it. I didn’t know how to react. I can’t even pull of a poker face right now and I’m starting to sweat like a pig and I’m starting to get uncomfortable with this red tracksuit that I was wearing.

“Give me ten minutes” he gently said, his voice was fatigued and it started to dance on my shoulder, once again, making my stomach tango like .

 “Just ten minutes”

Grrrrrr.

Not.

Again.

ARGGGHHH.

That was my stomach ladies and gentlemen, being a —again. Why is it so freaking vocal?

I bit my lower lip harder this time, and clenched my jaw making me pray to the heavens that Mr. Kim didn’t hear that.

Just please, I hope he didn’t hear tha—

“You didn’t eat again?” he asked sleepily, his head still on my shoulders. I know that if just had the energy to get angry at this instant he would, but I think he was too tired for that .

I gulped. What the hell, what do I say?

I mentally panicked, trying to come up with a quick answer—but I came up with none.

Ugh. This ty pea brain of mine just can’t cooperate with me in times of hunger I mean, I mean in times of need. Argh.

I felt his hands move; he shoved it inside his back pocket then poked my arm using the thing that he just grabbed.

“E-eat this” his voice was really weak—it was barely audible.

I swore he sounded like he was about to die—like he was giving his last will and testament.

And even on the verge of his death—here I am still an embarrassing alpaca on a red tracksuit who is always hungry at the wrong time.

“B-but s-sir it’s y-yours, y-you ne-e-ed it” I replied, not wanting to take the chocolate energy bar. I know he needs it more than I do.

“J-just t-take it” he insisted, his voice wanting to sound firm but ending up sounding so weak and sleepy.

“I-I’m o-okay, t-that’s y-yours s-sir” I said, trying not to move my shoulder so that he could at least rest well.

He didn’t reply back anymore and I just stood there and felt all his weight settling on my shoulder and the chocolate energy bar falling out from his grip.

And it made me think how heavy the burden he was carrying was inside him—was it heavier that this? Maybe… no one really knows…

 


 

Author’s note:

Hi there. This update was quite long and uh—was it okay for you guys?
It’s actually the longest chapter I have every written with less s.
Haha, that’s an improvement I guess.

I’m always thankful for the
people who tried to put up with Dohee’s adventures hahaha

But as long as I have a reader diligently reading this,
I’m always at your service :-)

Awww. Joonmyeon working hard is always the
handsomest Joonmyeon—well that’s what I think. What do you think?

It’s really awkward asking you guys this but was the fluff okay?

Or was it even fluffy to start with? I mean—because as you know—I am not really
an expert of fluffy things since I lack the real life experiences. Hahaha,
so yeah—if that wasn’t fluff enough. I’m really sorry for putting
your hopes so high. I really am…. I actually.. Err.

Hahaha, anyways—I’m not gonna rant any longer because the good part is coming.
I mean the of their Japan adventure is happening on the next chapter.

Are you ready?

Because I tell you, you might miss these Japan chapters once they
go back to Seoul—or not—it depends. Hahaha.

Have a good day and as always, thank you so much for reading :-)