20

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

I almost died of embarrassment back there thankfully the elevator stopped and the doors opened. I waited for Mr. Kim and their manager to step out first before I did and followed them a few meters away at the back.

I can feel my cheeks burning oh no, erase that, I could feel my whole body burning. Argh.

I walked a bit slowly but agitated, battling with myself over my careless mouth and undecided answers.

I was pretty sure I said that in a whisper.

Why do his ears have to be that keen?!

Argh. This frustrates me!

Okay, Dohee-ah, from now on just keep your mouth shut at all times because you can’t afford to embarrass yourself in front of that devil again. Just don’t.

 

 “Yah, Dohee-ah!”

I turned around and felt like I turned into my original size again. (Remember how I shrank into an ant a while ago? Yup—that’s it and now, I think I’m back to my old shape. Thank heavens!)

It was Kim Jongin or Kai, he was with Chanyeol, Sehun and Chendae, I mean, Jongchen or I guess it was Chen? I’m not sure but that Chen-ish guy is with them too. Err.

“Hmm?” I asked and stopped.

They caught up. Geez. How can idiots look like so handsome at the same time? How? HoW? 

Is there some kind of magic or what...

This frustrates me, them being so handsome and all, while I stink like a fish in my clothes.

Oh . Right, talk about clothes. I didn’t bring any clothes! . What do I do?

Clothes.

How.

Will.

I.

Ever.

Survive?

HOW?

HOW?

“Dohee-ah?”

“Dohee-ah?”

It was Chanyeol.

I blinked. “Hmmm?” I said in response.

“You look a bit off, is anything wrong?” he asked.

Shoot. I didn’t realize I was staring at them before spacing out.

“Nothing… I just” I just happen to be clothes-less.

“Just what?” Jongin asked.

“Just stunned by our perfection?” Sehun wiggled his brows.

P-perfection? Come again? I think I’m gonna die on my own vomit right now. I didn’t know this maknae would be so cocky, I mean, I know he’s got the looks but I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have the sensibility to keep his for himself.

“Nothing, just… why were you calling me?”

“Nothing, we just saw you walking alone” Jongchen, I mean, Jongdae answered.

“Oh, I’m actually with—” I was about to point towards Mr. Kim and their manager but they were nowhere to be found. Maybe they are already in the van.

“No one” I sighed and settled for that answer.

They nodded in sync. Impressive.

“Let’s go together then” Chanyeol smiled and Jongin put his arm around my shoulder. Err.

Stop that please before I finally transform into a bonsai tree. This is ing awkward.

I looked at Jongin who was pretty much not minding about what is currently doing.

Like for the love of sheep…GET.THAT. ARM.OFF . ME.

But of course, I can’t voice that out, can I? I’m pretty sure I’m looking like a third wheel with these gorgeous men looking like gorgeous s while I—yeah—you guessed it right, stink like a third wheel fish, I mean way worse than a fish to be honest.

 

We already settled inside the van while waiting for the others to arrive. Their manager was in the driver’s seat while Mr. Kim was behind him.

I settled in the backseat and thankfully there was still room for me. Sehun, Chanyeol and Jongin were talking and laughing while Jongdae was conversing with Mr. Kim about how the flow of events will go later. Smells like Suchen. 

It's suchen y'all.

“It was really funny because Tao didn’t believe me!” Chanyeol said in amusement, Sehun and Jongin was looking at him, half smiling, excited to hear the .

Chanyeol continued.

“At first, I thought he wouldn’t argue with me when I told him it was a cat’s poop but he looked doubtful at me, I told him again to be careful because it was a real cat’s poop but then he just ignored me saying “Yah! Chanyeol hyung, you can’t fool me now! I’m wiser now!” then he stepped of the cat’s poop and the thing just splashed everywhere!”

They burst out laughing, their faces red and their voices were echoing around the van.

I looked at them, my eyes a bit narrowed.

Then I started to picture out Chanyeol’s narration.

Okay so he said something about a cat’s poop.

Okay, cat poop in the picture.

Now, him telling to Tao that it was a cat poop.

Then, Tao not believing him and then stepping on the poop.

Cat’s poop splashed.

Everything started to play in my head like a movie.

Oh ! That was disgusting. Then out of nowhere, a picture of Tao crying and hugging Kris’s legs because of embarrassment and disgust while dipping his feet on a pool of isopropyl alcohol while Kris tries to wiggle his leg and kick Tao off came into my mind.

Hilarious !

I started to laugh. “Hahahahahaha…crkk crkkk Hahahahahahahahaha”

Grabbing my stomach because it was really hilarious, I mean just imagine Tao—hahaha, he must be so pissed wanting to cut his foot off! Hahahahahahahahhaha!

Then noticed they fell silent. I looked at them, my laugh slowing down.

“What?”

They looked like they just saw a ghost, literally, eyes bulging out and twitching.

I looked at Jongin, then Chanyeol, then Sehun but they were silent, lips parting, blinking awkwardly. I turned to Jongdae who was also looking at me, dumbfounded and Mr Kim too.

I started to get nervous. Oh .

Don’t tell me there’s a ghost behind or I’m gonna die!

I started to panic and my heart was starting to beat crazy fast.

“W-what? W-why a-re y-y-y-ou l-l-looking a-at m-m-me l-like t-that?” I turned to Chanyeol, asking him impatiently.

“W-were y-you l-l-laughi-ing?” I didn’t know there was another one beside me who is as talented at stuttering.

I nod my head.

“Y-yes?” I answered unsurely. What the is going on? Can you please say it straight to my face before the ghost wraps her arms around my neck and choke me!

I’m not prepared to die, I’m not—

“Woah! Amazing! It was you?” Jongdae commented. I scrunched my brows. Come again? Why the are you exlaiming “woah amazing” all of a sudden?

D-don’t t-tell me the ghost is smiling behind me. NO !

“I didn’t know you could laugh…like” Sehun said but wasn’t able to continue because he started laughing again.

Then it sank to me, thank goodness, there’s no ing ghost behind me—but wait—come again Sehun… d-did I heart that right?

“What?” I asked unbelievably, almost choking.

“I didn’t know you could laugh” he repeated holding back his laughter.

I blinked.

Well, the last time I checked, I was human not a freaking robot mister. So I guess I am capable of laughing.

I tilted my head looking at them. This is unbelievable.

“W-well y-yeah, surprised?” I joked trying to make the situation light but it just turned out awkward.

What the is so amusing with my laugh.

They all just stared at me.

“O…kaaaay” I awkwardly shifted and looked in front, only to meet the eyes of Mr. Kim Joorilla.

Oops. Wrong view.

I settled my eyes on my lap and then heard Chanyeol, Sehun and Jongin laughing again.

I turned to them completely clueless and wanting to burst.

What the are you laughing at? Why are you so amazed with my laugh?

Am I not allowed to laugh?

“W..what?” I asked again, losing all the confidence I have gathered for twenty-two years to these three ing idiots in front of me.

“We thought it was pig!” Chanyeol snorted and they laughed again, louder this time.

C-come a-again?

I could feel my blood pressure rising, my temperature increasing, my eyes twitching, my hands turning into fists. I’m ready to kick some butts!

BRINGT IT ON ES! I’M YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!

I was already opening my mouth to say my death speech but before I could burst into an angry stinky third wheel fish, Mr. Kim spoke.

“That’s enough guys” he said, looking annoyed at how loud they were and then took a glance at me then turned his head.

I gulped and held myself back quietly.

Even after that, the three of them were still giggling, covering their mouths while bowing their heads.

Ouch. It  has been a very long time since somebody told me that in front of my face—that I laugh like a pig.

Aigoo, if eyes could kill, I have probably slayed them into bits right now!

I looked at them and then caught Jongin looking back at me, maybe realizing how intense my glare was.

“Don’t tell me you didn’t know…” he said, his laugh dying and he pulled up his don’t-tell-me expression.

I felt defensive. Err.

“No—I….know how my laugh…” my shoulders sank,

“Sounds like” I continued.

“But you’re not hurt or anything right?” Sehun added.

I turned to him.

If only you know you mother ers.

“No” I said and pulled a straight face then continued “I’m not three years old for crying out loud” but just because I'm already grown up doesn't mean I can handle everything you son of a bull!

Thank goodness the door opened and the rest of the members climbed.

I settled at the back and just stared out the window.

 

            { Flashback }

“Hey stop that already!”

I looked up, still crying, to find Jaehwan appear out of nowhere.

“Stop it guys and just focus on your crunches!” he continued, looking angry at my classmates.

I cried even harder when I heard him defend me because I felt helpless at that moment. Everyone pointed their fingers at me, telling me how I sounded like a pig when I laugh. Their laughter was echoing through the whole gym and it was so embarrassing since the other classes were using the other part of the school gym too, specifically the seniors were practicing for their prom dance—Joon was there and he probably heard everything.

Jaehwan helped me to stand up and assisted me.

I didn’t dare look back at my classmates; I just bowed my head, tears still falling.

Gosh, that was ing embarrassing.

“It’s okay now Dohee” he said as we made our way to the bleachers.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

No . Why is everyone asking this cliché? Ey, girl, I mean, guy, do I look like I’m okay?

I’m already breaking down for goodness sake’s!

I managed to nod.

“I’m okay Jaehwan… you can go back now..”

My eyes were locked on my gym shoes. I didn’t want to look up; I didn’t have the face to show after that embarrassing moment.

I wanted to burn the whole school gym now along with my ing annoying classmates!

“It’s okay, here—wipe your face”

He handed me a handkerchief. I was reluctant to take it, but then somehow, I had to wipe tears off before they dry off and I’ll look ugly.

“That’s it” he said as I wipe the tears. Before I was done wiping my face, Jaehwan poked me and pointed at someone who was running, I narrowed my eyes, focusing on the face and adjusting my eyes.

. It was Joon running towards out direction.

Oh .

Oh no!

Oh !

“I think I have to—” before Jaehwan could say another syllable I held his arms.

“Stay, please, I beg you”

Okay, I didn’t sound needy. This is not a romantic scene between lovers and . This is 911 emergency because , Joon is coming our way.

Just it.

Jaehwan laughed. I hit him in the arm and glared at him.

“Ouch” he yelled.

“Serves you right” I said back at him and then rolled my eyes only to find Joon five steps away already. He was half panting.

“Hey what’s up, I heard you were crying?” he looked at me, he sounded a bit concerned.

I froze. How the should I answer this ?

Jaehwan laughed. I turned to him and threw a death glare before casually stepping on his foot.

“Ouch! Yah!” he exclaimed and rubbed it.

I rolled my eyes and looked up at Joon, who was standing.

“Nothing, something got stuck on my eye” I reasoned

Joon smiled “Who you fooling huh?”

Before I knew it he then grabbed my arm and then pulled me up, then placed his hand behind my neck and held me down.

“You ain’t foolin me sister!” he said

“YAH! Joon! S-stop i-it!.... Yah! Yah! Joon! Joon!” I tried to break free from him but he’s just to strong or I’m just too weak for it.

Jaehwan laughed in the background, cheering for Joon.

ing s. Always trying to make fun of me and giving me a hard time.

“Yah! You bastards!” I growled

Joon released me. “Yah! Watch your mouth young lady!”

I was about to walk when he pushed me down again, trapping my head in between his chest and arm.

“Yah! Release me already!”

“Only if you’re gonna be 100% honest with me and tell my why you cried”

“Okay! Okay!” I said impatiently. I give up!

I rolled my eyes and sat back at the bleacher.

Joon followed and sat beside me.

“So why were you crying back there?” he asked. I was still annoyed at him so I ignored him and crossed my arms on my chest, my brows scrunching and my nose flaring.

“If you don’t tell me, then I guess I’ll just have to ask Jaehwan what happened” he warned.

I looked at Jaehwan swiftly. “Don’t tell him or you’re dead!” I muttered

“Jaehwan, do you know why Dohee cried?” Joon asked.

Jaehwan’s eyes travelled from my face then to Joon and back at my face then back at Joon’s.

“I’m sorry Dohee…”

“Don’t you dare!” I almost yelled and tried to cover his mouth when he leaned away. He stood up and took a few steps backwards.

I glared at him.

“Don’t you dare Jaehwan!” Don’t you ing dare you jerk!

“She cried because her classmates about her laugh!” Jaehwan said, laughing.

“Yah!” I said and tried to run after him but I just tripped my face flat on the floor.

. Ouch. Ahh. My precious face. Oh no…

I heard Joon laughing behind, I rolled my eyes. Crazy jerk!

 I slowly pushed myself up and then suddenly felt hands on my shoulder. Joon helped me up but I tried to inch away from him.

“I hate you!” I uttered while dusting myself off.

“Are you okay?” he asked, trying to stop his laughter. I glared at him angrily, my tears starting to water again.

His face began to be serious, noticing that I was starting to cry again. I hate them!

“D-dohee-ah” he said, looking worried.

“Why do you always pick on me?!” I said and my tears started to fall. Joon wrapped his arm around my shoulder and then lead me back to the bleachers.

“I’m sorry” he said and then wiped my tears with his thumb.

I was still crying.

“Geez, Dohee-ah, why are you still such a cry baby? You’re already in high school! You’re grown up now!” Joon said, trying to calm me, oh like he could. He looked into my eyes and shook his head.

“Aigoo, this kid, stop already? It makes me sad” he said and pushed my head on his chest, while he patted my back.

He was hugging me and I just cried there—like a baby.

Okay, I’m sorry if these is some kind of dramatic but you know, I’m human too, I have feelings, I get hurt and I cry—even if the reason so, so, so, so shallow.

“Don’t worry about your laugh. It’s kind of cute” he then said, his hands still patting my back softly. I leaned away and looked at him.

“Really? It’s cute? You’re not joking?”

“Yes” he nodded and smiled at me.

I narrowed my eyes.

“What? I told you already! I’m not lying!” he defended and laughed.

“Ahhhhh” I whined and then he stopped and looked straight at me.

“But seriously Dohee-ah, your laugh is cute. Don’t mind what they say…”

I was touched. For the first time, someone called my pig laugh cute. Aww—

“It’s cute with all the Hahahahaha ccrkk, ccrkk” he said and doing my laugh and mocking me.

“YAH! HA IM JOON!” I yelled and he started to run.

I ran after him, who was laughing and sticking his tongue out.

“YAH HA IM JOON! COME BACK HERE!”

Aigoo. How can that prick be so annoying and heartless!

 

“I hate you so much!” I shouted and ran a bit faster; finally I caught up with him. I brought him down with an arm and he wrestled as I trap him in between my hips and arms, encircling his neck.

“Yah! S-s-S-tOop i-It D-dD-ohee Yah!” he can’t even speak well. Bwahahaha, serves you right jerk!

After that incident, Joon still teased me about my laugh when he had the chance to but in my whole life, he was the only person I gave the right to laugh at how I sound like a pig whenever I laugh and no one else.

Whenever he hears someone teasing me about it, he’d get mad because he’s a hypocrite.

               { End of Flashback }

 

I was just quiet although the ride, my eyes feasting on the view outside the window. Distracting myself from the anger and humiliation a while ago.

 They must’ve not meant it that way. I thought to myself, trying to give myself a reason not to breakdown and cry. I’m already a big girl now—ew. That sound’s disgusting but yeah—it’s true. But it still sounds so greasy. Ew, ew, ew, please forget I ever said that.

But I’m already twenty-two years old and it would so immature of me to cry. Err.

But if I had the chance to do so, I’d cry—endlessly, trust me.

Everyone was talking and laughing and I could hear Tao trying to defend himself while Jongin, Chanyeol and Sehun laughed at him. I didn’t bother to listen anymore.

I decided to focus on the busy streets of Japan. Ah, gosh I miss this…

I enjoyed watching the cars passing us by, the buildings, the cute cafes and establishments the— brrrrrr.

I felt my phone vibrate on my pocket. I got it out and surprisingly saw a message from my Line Messaging.

I opened it and—holy , I can’t believe my eyes.

It was my boss.

I didn’t know gorillas have line accounts.

I glanced at him but only saw the back of his head. I glanced back at my phone, wanting to faint; I rubbed my eyes, trying to check if what I’m seeing is really real.

I opened the message and it says:

               Don’t mind them .

And then he added his face sticker. Wow, I didn’t know he had his own line sticker. Cool .

My heart felt light. I’m impressed—no not just impressed but moved too.

I—I can’t believe this. I didn’t know he was sensible enough to notice—awwwww. I think he’s not so evil at all. A smile started to form on my lips.

My phone vibrated again. It was from him again.

I excitedly opened it and…

               Just mind this.

He attached a file. My hear started to race. Omg, what could it be?

Then a file about their Busan hotel sales report flashed on my face, waking me up from my short lived fantasy.

What

the

actual

Mr. Kim.

Seriously?

I wanted to throw my phone at him! I looked at the rearview mirror and saw him smirking—no not smirking, he was silently laughing at my misfortune.

ing evil Joorilla! You piece of !

Ahhhhhhhhh!

 I mentally screamed.

My blood rose up and wanted to scream really. Like do you feel me right now?

ty jerk. I cursed under my breath. I ing have no choice but to work on it.

That bastard! That evil jerk! Ahhhh!

I’m so done with my life right now.  So ing done.

I gripped my phone tighter, trying to calm myself before I finally lose it.

Then there was another message.

I swiped the screen of my phone rather harshly and then there’s been another message from him.

It was a sticker of him again.

Ew, I regret calling it cool , it’s more like a vain demonic .

The sticker was blushing and his head was tilting to the left and the right, then I noticed that sticker had a thought bubble saying: “Your laugh is cute”

No .

Did he just… Ahhhhh! you Kim Joonmyeon!

And when I thought it was the end of my life, that ing gorilla turned his head to my direction with a y smirk written on his face. Like how did he have to be the devil and have to look so frustratingly handsome and y with that smirk at the same time while I get to be the abused, stinky third wheel fish who did nothing but spread love and peace in this harsh world of ours?!

HOW?

You’re driving me insane!

I swear this world is so unfair like .. AH~!

I’ve had enough embarrassment for the day I just can’t handle this, I swear I’m gonna kill him in his sleep tonight!

I glared at the back of his head, praying to the spirits to burn him this instant.

Hah, laugh all you want jerk, cherish your last hours here on earth Kim Joonmyeon because tonight I’m gonna kill you in the middle of your dreams. 

 


Author's note:

Hi there!

Before anything else, I just wanted to thank you for taking your time reading this fanfic.
I'm really grateful and to be honest, I'm so overjoyed. :-)

I actually started making this fanfic for my own amusement and not really for
serious reasons like being featured or whatever. So, I hope you understand if
it's too flawed or whatever.. too cliche or something... or it turns out to be
boring one day... or something like that...

I apologize for grammatical errors because first of all,
I'm stupid and then second of all, because yeah, I'm stupid.

Anyways, thank you for subscribing and I'm sorry for the extreme use of language.
I hope you did enjoy this chapter because I did- really. But you can always
say whatever you think... or you can choose to be silent...it's your choice :-)

Even with a very beautiful face like Dohee, (I pictured her really beautiful
because she really is and you'll know why in the upcoming chapters)
she is still flawed and that's nice because that is how reality is.
Hahahahahaha crrck, ccrkk, --
(
Yah authornim!) ~~ Ooops, I guess that was Dohee.. Sorry, I'm
going stop mocking you already... hahahah ccrckk ccrckk
(
YAH! AUTHORNIM!)

 

Have a great day everyone :-)