31

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

“H-Hwang Dohee-ssi?”

It was Kang Baro, the head of the security and surveillance group. He was a bit young for the position, but trust me—he deserves it. He was tall, had a really good posture and body structure and most of all he’s got the brain and the skills.

“H-hi” I awkwardly greeted as close the door and try to reach for my flexed ankle. He wasn’t talking anymore; instead he just looked at me from head to toe.

“I-is everything in control?”

He gulped and then blinked. “Y-yeah”

He began to get busy looking up to the monitors and check if things were going smoothly. It was—it was really going smooth.

I stood awkwardly looking at the many computer screens trying to check if Jaehwan’s parents have already entered.

 They were already finished walking down the red carpet. I breathed in and then look towards the other monitors and saw Mr. Kim going inside the van.

Eh?

Kang Baro then grabbed his radiophone and spoke.

“Parking Area—Clear”

And then the van moved and then went out to the parking area. There were a lot of surveillance cameras installed inside and outside the hotel. I followed each monitor as the van moved and realized it stopped in front of the hotel.

The door opened and then one by one the EXO members came out one by one.

“That’s our cue” Kang Baro nudged at me and then I followed him as we make our way out of the room and into the red carpet. He carefully instructed to tighten security and to check if the photographers have their IDs and media passes.

They started to line up—all of them wearing black suits. I rolled my eyes. Tss. Who incvites his to his own party?

Well, no other than Kim Joonmyeon.

“Make sure no photographers are going beyond that point” he instructed to the head guards guarding the railings.

I looked over the media men and geez, they were all feasting over EXO. They weren’t this hyper when the businessmen, or should I say the truly legit guests arrived.

Tss.

EXO was smiling, doing the thumb pose thingy and then proceeded inside the hall. Everyone’s cameras were flashing every millisecond, trying to catch the very last glimpse of EXO before they go inside the hall—where no cameras where allowed and strict surveillance was implemented.

“Prepare the doors, close them and put another set of security around the parking area, backdoor, kitchen hall and then the ballroom”

I was standing behind Kang Baro trying to watch everyone move. Gosh I hate parties.

See, it’s getting boring!

I yawned and absentmindedly scratched my head. “Hwang Dohee-ssi, we better go in” Kang Baro said and I followed him, trying to walk better this time.

We were inside and everyone was everywhere talking to each other. I kept my head hanging low since I figured some of the guests were familiar to me.

I pulled my dress for the millionth time and tried to my now so dry and cracked lips. , they are even worse than a drought!

“Are you nervous?” Baro asked, glancing at me and then back to the crowd. I gulped. Isn’t it ing obvious? Wow.

“Uh… a little” I lied. Can someone freakin save me?

“Oh there’s your cue” Baro whispered, moving his eyes towards Mr. Kim who was now mingling with the guests.

“S-should I go?” I asked.

Baro smiled a little while nodding. “I think you should”

“O-okay” I answered and pulled my dress again. I walked beside Mr. Do who was near Mr. Kim and asked him what I was supposed to do.

“Just stay close behind him and do whatever he tells you to” he whispered and pushed me towards EXO—Mr. Kim was still talking to their manager—who was finally back.

“Dohee-ah?”

I gulped and turned to see it was Jongin. “Formalities please” I reminded him, not even sparing another second to look at him—even though he looked really stunning in that suit. But whatever…

He just grinned then Sehun and Tao turned towards our direction.

Omigat, Dohee-ah?” they both asked in surprise.

I turned to them a bit annoyed already. “For your information, I’m older than both of you so will you please use formalities or I’ll kick your asses!” I hissed, gritting my teeth.

“J-just chill Noona” Jongin in, sliding both his hands on his pocket.

I gave him a face and then looked Sehun and Tao. Sehun smirked while Tao looked at me like I just violated some kind of law.

“Y-yah, what are you looking at?” I asked nervously, pulling my dress down again.

“I’ve never seen you in a dress before” Sehun commented

“And trust me, you look better with that dress off” Tao added, I slapped his arm. “You punk!” Aish, these erted heads!

“Don’t get me wrong noona, but you just murdered that dress” Tao replied back, rubbing his arm that I just slapped. Yah! like you’re any better you panda !

You should try peeling your dark, 100 kilogram eye bags!

“Tss” Sehun held his finger and drew his face near to me, eyeing from head to toe. I was getting nervous at the decreasing distance but he still wasn’t stopping.

“Y-yah! What the —”

He suddenly placed one of his hands on my back, and out of the blue, I gasped, making me straighten my spine which I  rarely do because I have a super duper bad posture due to my suffering self-esteem and heavy bag packs back in elementary to middle school to high school.

“—dude” I ended my phrase in a low voice realizing what he just did. I blinked awkwardly, trying to keep my posture up.

He smirked and flexed his neck as he stepped backward.

“That’s it” he shot and looked at me once again in a safe talking distance. I just shot him a glare while Tao nodded his head in agreement. “T-that’s much better”

“Woah, woah, woah”

Oh no, not again. I shook my head low and brought my palm to my face as Jongdae and Kris walked towards us.

“Woah, woah, woah, look what we have here” Jongdae exclaims excitedly as he eyed me. I began to feel uncomfortable, pulling my dress down again.

“Yah! Dohee-ah! Why are you slouching again?!” Sehun complained and pushed his hand on my back making me my chest go out and stomach in.

“What the dude?!” I exclaimed in a whisper. He just winked. “You’ll thank me later Noona”

Arghhh! Why are they messing up my life?

“Woah, I appreciate your effort” Kris said sarcastically, eyeing me from head to toe. “Can you just please shut up” I hissed and rolled my eyes.

He put his hands up, looking innocent. “But that’s okay, that would cancel your chance in stealing the best dressed title from me so…hee” he smiled arrogantly and posed like a model. Omg, Kris please—

I shot him a look. “B-but you’re not that bad, you look like some innocent young lady in black” he added still posing and exalting himself. Arrogant ed face giant.

That’s it. I hate you all!

“Enough of that”

I was silenced. It wasn’t me who said that, it was Mr. Kim folding his arms on his chest walking towards us.

“Please do enjoy yourselves at the party, I restricted any cameras and recorders inside, the guests phones were taken away but still don’t be so laidback and don’t mess up or you’re going to be dead” he continued and eyeing each one of them.

“I’ll just go around and meet the guests, please be your ideal selves”

They all nodded excitedly, knowing they could jumble around or what not. I rolled my eyes and looked away and I spotted some of the members already acting like toddlers. Minseok, Yixing and Luhan were eating everything they could set their eyes to and laughing while their mouths were full while Chanyeol and Baekhyun were hitting on girls and there there’s Kyungsoo, standing at the corner, starting to chant curses to the dark lord—just kidding, anyways, he was surrounded by girls and he looks like he needed some help.

I laughed to myself seeing these idiots. Ladies and Gentlemen, please help me welcome, EXO—the one with a gazillion of fans thinking they are the best people on Earth.

“And you”

I turned and saw Mr. Kim looking directly at me. “S-sir?”

“Stay close behind” and then he walked off. I blinked a few times and looked at the other members. “U-uh, enjoy the party?” I said, suggesting and then ran off to catch up with Mr. Kim.

He walked towards his family who were talking comfortably to each other hugging and laughing. Everyone was there except for Jiyeon—I wonder where she is? Tsk. Life was easier with her around.

“Oh, here’s goes our mighty Joonmyeon!” Mr. Kim Goseon announced when he saw Mr. Kim and pulled him into a hug and ruffled his hair which made Mr. Kim pout seriously. “Reminding you I’m twenty four already, not four

“Joonmyeonnie” her mother called out and kissed him on the cheek. “Congratulations, I’m so proud of you” she then caressed her thumb on his cheek. “Thank you Mom”

He hugged her and then his father was next on the line. “Way to go Son!” he patted Mr. Kim on the back and wore a very huge smile on his face.

Next was Jaejoong who looked like he could care less. “Sup Kim Bro” he greeted and they did a handshake.

“Hyung, please tell me you made your speech” Mr. Kim said darkly once they were done doing their weird “bro-handshake”

“S-speech? Oh right—that?” Jaejoong scratched his head. “You can do it anyways” he shrugged and playfully scrunched his face.

“Y-yah! H-hyung? Why are you doing this to me?!” Mr. Kim complain, putting his hands on his waist.

“I’m the hyung, no buts no ifs” Jaejoong patted him on the shoulder and then drank all the wine in his glass. Mr. Kim sighed in frustration and I could clearly see him losing his peace of mind.

I bowed to them and greeted them and well—they bowed back.

“Nice outfit, who are you cosplaying?” Jaejoong asked, checking me out. Cosplaying? Who’s cosplaying? What is cosplaying?

Not again. no.

I sent him eye signals but he just smiled.

“Hwang Dohee-ssi, it’s nice to see you” Mr. Kim Goseon said holding out his hand. I received it and shook it. Err.

I awkwardly smiled after I retrieved my hand.

“So when are you moving into Joonmyeon’s house?”

“Eh?” I asked in surprise, what the did he mean—oh right—I’m the new house help—got that—seriously, how could have I forgotten about the garden. I then smiled a little and nodded, realizing what he was saying.

“I—I’m still…” I glanced at Mr. Kim who was looking at me.

“Not sure…” I continued and looked away. Mr. Kim Goseon just nodded and noting my answer.

“Well then you should probably hurry and move as soon as possible” he commented rubbing his chin, a playful smirk was showing.

I looked at him strangely worried and then just nodded—even though I find it a bit creepy. Geez, what’s the rush?

“Well Excuse me Grandpa, Mom, Dad, I’ll just go around, to meet the guests” Mr. Kim bowed and then walked off to another corner. I bowed to them and went after him. Gosh, why is he always moving around? Can’t I just stay in one corner and weep? Ugh, these heels are so freaking high; I can’t even walk with them on.

 

 “How much share does he have?” he asked secretly to me as we walked towards this big, old gentleman with a white beard under his chin (he looks like a Korean Santa Claus actually) and three girls around him.

“Uh—he owns 12% of the Dang Ko Corporation and he is currently trying to win a bid on a certain casino franchise in Jeju Island Sir” I whispered back. Thank goodness I have familiarized their backgrounds or else, I’m freaking so dead.

He nodded as we approached them and then smiled. “Mr. Jung! Nice to meet you, thank you for coming”

They both shook hands and he also shook hands with the ladies who blushed when their hands were in contact. Aish, just because he’s handsome doesn’t mean he’s an angel trust me—I prefer you not to come closer. I bowed, staying behind Mr. Kim.

“Your hotel is still going strong I see” Mr. Jung commented, sipping on his champagne. Mr. Kim smiled and nodded. “It is, it is” he answered a bit comfortably and they both laughed.

“How’s the casino going in Jeju? I heard there has been a bidding” Mr. Kim asked and then Mr. Jung’s laugh faded into a question mark.

“Eh?”

Mr. Kim looked confused and turned to me, whispering: “Are you really sure about the information you told me a while ago?”

I bit my lip and looked at him worriedly, starting to get nervous. But I’m really sure he was the one—wait a minute—oh my——that Mr. Tiang or was that Mr. Po?

Oh my freaking goodness, what the—aigoo, who the hell is he?

I wanted to ruffle my hair this instant and die. I bit my lips nervously as my eyes widened. I slowly shook my head “I-I t-think I-I’m n-not r-really sure S-sir”

He glared at me angrily, gritting his teeth and then turned to Mr. Jung.

“O-h, I mean—I am really happy that you are here, I heard you have been very, very busy” Mr. Kim said abruptly, trying to divert Mr. Jung’s attention from his statement a while ago,

“Oh, no problem kiddo, wherever I go in Korea, I’m always at home in K&K hotels!” he exclaimed and they both laughed again. Wew, that was close.

“I hope you enjoy the rest of the night Mr. Jung, ladies. I’ll just go around and meet the other guests” Mr. Kim finally said and bowed at them and the ladies all looked so flushed again. Tss, they look ridiculous, why would they flush in that kind of face? Ew.

He walked around, bowing from time to time and I went around too, bowing when he did. Agh, these shoes are torturing me, they really hurt.

“Ms. Hwang, can you straighten yourself? You look like Sadako if you keep you keep your head hanging low” Mr. Kim commented in a low but firm tone.

“S-sadako?” I suddenly cling into his arm when I felt goose bumps all over my body. Sadako was the lady in that horror movie Joon and Jaehwan compared me to! I hate Sadako. I hate horror movies.

Mr. Kim’s eyebrows rose up, he seemed surprised and that is when I realized I was clinging on his arms. I gulped but I didn’t have a plan to let go until he get those words back.

I hate Sadako!

“Look at yourself, why can’t you even fix your hair for goodness sakes!” he hissed under his breath and pulled his elbow away from my grip.

“Stand still” he instructed and pushed some hair away from my face and carefully tucked my hair behind my left ear, he looked annoyed but at the same time he was seriously looking at my hair. Oh, I wonder how messy my hair is. My mouth opened in shock. W-w-What the ?

“Joonmyeon?”

I was still looking at Mr. Kim, I can’t even bring myself to think straight this time. That was the second time holy .

Mr. Kim turned his head, eyes still checking my hair and then it moved away.

“It’s nice to see you…again

I was finally back to my senses and turned my head to see who it was. It was a girl and she was very, very beautiful. Now I feel like my existence was insignificant. Ergh.

She was wearing an elegant white dress, a pair of pearl earrings hang on both her ears. She had beautiful eyes and she had a nice body. I think this is the time were my self-confidence is back to ground zero. Why didn’t I become a plant? Life would have been easier.

I glanced at Mr. Kim and he was speechless, the girl in white and him continued to exchange gazes. I-Is there something going on?

For a moment I just looked at the both of them, an awkward silence rising up. The girl was trying to smile and Mr. Kim was looking at her meaningfully.

Ooops, there you are Honey, come let’s grab some cocktail drinks shall we?”

I felt someone’s hand tug on my arm. I looked up and saw Jaejoong grabbing. “Y-yah, J-Jaejoong-ssi, w-what are you doing?” I asked.

He didn’t reply instead he just dragged me away. I looked back at Mr. Kim but he was still looking at the girl—he was looking at her intently, for a very long, long time. They weren’t even talking and this really got me even more curious. Hmmm, I smell something fishy…

I turned to Jaejoong and tried to pull my arm away from him. “Y-yah, Jaejoong-ssi, w-what are you doing?”

“Just be quiet—look to your far right, see that woman?” he whispered as we made our way towards the cocktail table. I looked and saw a girl, wearing a red long dress, her arms intertwined with a man. She looked like she wasn’t Korean because of her eyes.

“We had a very intense ual relationship”

I almost vomited and trip on my shoes.

“W-what?!” I exclaimed, bringing my palms on my mouth. Some people looked at our direction and I lowered my head. “S-sorry” I said in a lower voice this time.

Jaejoong bowed at them and turned to me. “S-she’s pretty isn’t she? Just wait when you’re in bed—”

“Y-yah! I’m still twenty-two, why are you telling me those things?!” My eyes widened in surprise. Aigoo, what does he think of me? A diary? A journal he can tell all his secrets to?

“Because you’re twenty-two, geez, don’t you know things like these?” he shot back in an equally low voice.

I looked at him unbelievably. It’s so ing uncomfortable listening to things like this. Can’t they just keep it to themselves! Agh, idiot just had to stain my mind with unnecessary things.

I looked away, still uncomfortably frustrated and confused. I saw a waiter pass by, I waved my hand and then he went near. I got a glass of wine. I wanted something to calm my nerves but before I could even drink it, Jaejoong grabbed it from my hands.

“J-jaejoong-ssi…”

“No, honey, you’re still twenty-two, you can’t drink wine” he said and returned to the waiter who looked confused but received it anyway. “But I can hear all about your very intense ual relationship?” I shot back.

Jaejoong grabbed my wrist and dragged me towards the girl. “J-Jaejoong-ssi what are you doing—”

Jaejoong stopped on his tracks and then faced me with a smirk. “It’s Jaejoong remember? And, also, you’re Bae Suji”

And then he dragged me all the way until we were in front of the girl and the man.

“Good evening Mr. Yang, it’s an honor to see you here. Thank you for attending this party” Jaejoong greeted the middle aged man who was smiling back at him, he held out his hand and they both shook it. “Don’t mention it Mr. Kim, your hotels are the reason why South Korea has been in the map when it comes to luxury hotels”

Jaejoong just smiled contentedly to himself but I could see him looking at the girl in red—who by the way, looked agitated by the sight of Jaejoong.

“Oh, by the way Mr. Kim Jajoong, this is my fiancé, Hana Kitagara” Mr. Yang said, introducing his fiancé to Jaejoong. Jaejoong raised a brow and acted like it was his first time to meet her.

“Oh….so this is the beautiful fiancé of yours? Hmmm, for once, the rumors were true”

Mr. Yang just laughed and looked proud that he had Hana Kitagara, the lady in red, for himself, as his fiancé and soon to be wife.

“Hana, this is Kim Jaejoong, one of the hotel heirs of the Kim Empire”

The girl, who I guess was Hana smiled weakly and bowed although her eyes were saying something else. I could see her getting distressed by the minute.

“Oh, sorry for being rude, this is Bae Suji by the way” Jaejoong grabbed my hand and pressed it. I secretly glanced at him, trying to send him eye signals. What the is he doing?

“Bae Suji, meet Mr. Yang and his fiancé Hana”

I didn’t know what to do, I mentally panicked and bit my lip. I looked at him nervously and then towards Mr. Yang and Hana.

“H-hi, I-I’m B-bae S-suji, n-nice to m-meet you” I greeted and bowed. I can’t even look straight at them because Hana’s gaze was starting to kill me. , seriously, I have nothing to do with this, if there’s anyone you want to kill—it should be Jaejoong!

“Mr. Yang, it’s good to see you! Come, I’m going to introduce you to someone!”

One of the guests called Mr. Yang. He turned to us. “E-excuse me for a while, I’m just going to talk with Mr. Im—Hana, will you be okay with them?” he asked his fiancé whose eyes weren’t looking at him.

“Y-yes Dear, I’ll be okay” she answered half-heartedly and then Mr. Yang left.

Jaejoong smirked. “Didn’t know your somebody else’s fiancé”

“Didn’t know you hit on minors”

I widened my eyes in surprise. Yah! Who is she calling a minor?!

“She’s twenty-two” Jaejoong replied coldly, their eyes were starting to rip each other’s soul. I gulped as I observed them exchanging angry gazes. The lights started to get dim and someone was talking on the stage, talking to the guests. I couldn’t see clearly because there were a lot of people in front and I didn’t care actually.

“I thought you liked girls with the same age as you?” Hana shot back.

Oh really? How come you know?” he asked, challenging her and this made her even furious. , I don’t wanna get into their trouble. I better get out of here.

“I-I think I-I should g-go a-and u-uh, just go” I said and slowly walked backwards, trying to check if they heard me but still they weren’t moving. This ain’t my problem anymore.

I turned around and just ignored them and walked towards the other corner.

“H-Hwang Dohee?”

“The girl who laughs like a pig? I can’t believe it’s you!”

I turned around upon hearing a familiar voice call out my name then I saw a girl, wearing a tight gold dress and her cleavage was showing. She had a short, curly hair and a super duper red cherry lipstick.

“H-Hwayoung?” I gasped, her presence made me speechless.

This is why I ing hate parties, you see people you don’t want to see. Hwayoung was a friend of mine back when we were in kindergarten and elementary but the friendship just vanished when she started to have s. Yeah, ing lame right?

We weren’t that close but at least we talked during science class because she was in our group but after she had those s, she just stopped talking to me and ignoring me, to the point she didn’t even recognize me in front of her friends. It’s not like I care but I don’t know how she turned into a monster just because she has big s.

It’s so ing pathetic. I’m thankful, I didn’t have s like her or maybe, I’d become just like her. Ew.

I can’t even recognize her already. How many plastic surgeries have she undergone? Geez.

“It’s a surprise to see you here?!” she exclaimed, unbelievably. She was holding a glass of champagne on one hand. It’s surprise to see you here too! Your face looks like a cabbage, to be quite honest.

“I—I…” I can’t even bring myself to speak. Oh no, what the is she doing here?

“Miss Hwang? Where have you been?”

My eyes even grew wider when I heard Mr. Kim’s voice. I turned and saw him walking towards us. I began to get nervous—so, so nervous. Oh no… no, this is not good.

“W-wait, y-you know him?” Hwayoung asked, looking at Mr. Kim and then back at me. I gulped and spoke.

“Y-yeah” I replied lowly.

“Oh really?!” she sounded amazed but in an angry manner. What is wrong with her?

“Miss Ahn Hwayoung, am I right?” Mr. Kim greeted holding his hand out, Hwayoung shook it, her eyes starting to flirt with him. It’s disgusting.

I bit my lip and bowed my head, praying she wound be kind enough to shut but she ing didn’t. ARGH!

“I see you know Hwang Dohee…” she mentioned, making Mr. Kim turn to me. I looked at him anxiously, trying to breathe normally—but I can’t, and who can right? When the girl in your past that didn’t know anything but to say tactless things is in front of your boss.

“Y-yes, s-she’s my secretary” Mr. Kim replied with a hint of confusion in his face, looking suspiciously at me and then back at Hwayoung, his eyebrow rising.

I looked at Hwayong and just prayed she wouldn’t transform into her form.

“S-secretary?” Hwayoung asked, looking surprised but with a hint of fascination in her voice. She smiled evilly at me, checking me from head to toe. Okay, there goes the monster. Curse her!

“Ah, it figures. I wouldn’t thought she’d be here to represent her father—that would be ridiculous”

I froze. I wanted to cover from speaking but I can’t even bring myself to move. I was facing Hwayoung but I was looking at Mr. Kim from the corner of my eyes. He seemed to be seriously listening to Hwayong while glancing at me.

Tss. I was really right from the start, your botanist dreams will never come true, and I mean — look at you? I heard you weren’t able to attend graduation. Hmmm, well after all your life is such a mess. I heard mommy went away with another man? How sad! Perfect family isn’t so perfect after all!” she laughed mockingly and shook his head dramatically like I was enjoying her words which I am NOT!

I felt my eyes twitch. I felt a lump starting in my throat and I started to blink away the tears.

I wanted to punch her right on the spot but also I wanted to cry. I can’t even bring myself to think clearly anymore. Everything was in a blur. The noise was getting too loud to bear. I remembered everything. I remembered my father and my mother and my brother and everyone.

“Help me welcome, the young gentlemen who made all these possible, the cream of the crop in the hotel business—Mr. Kim Jaejoong and Mr. Kim Joonmyeon!”

It was the emcee calling out Jaejoong and Mr. Kim. Mr. Kim glanced at me, not knowing what to say or do with what he heard but then everyone was clapping their hands and cheering for them. He looked at the both of us for one last time and walked away.

“What’s the matter Dohee? How’s your fake family life going now?”

I began to clench my fists. I looked at her one last time, a small tear escaping from one of my eye.

“We weren’t fake Hwayoung” I said, my voice trembling and then walked away. I rushed towards the crowd of people at the back part of the ballroom and then made my way through it, my tears falling continuously.

I went for the door when I saw Mr. Lee and his wife. I didn’t want to see them, not like this. I turned around and look for another exit but everything was getting blurry because the tears were blocking my sight and I found the only place I know that would keep me safe in the sea of people.

The long table on the corner where cocktails drinks and foods were placed.

It was a good thing that the ballroom was dark and the waiters didn’t seem to notice me. I bent down and then slid under the table and everything was dark—so dark.

 

 

{ Flashback }

“Oh, there you are”

I was surprised to hear a voice, I turned around and saw the boy, and I just met a while ago, beside me. We were now hiding under the buffet table.

“Ssshh” I put my finger on my mouth and warned him.

Geez, you’re hiding spot is not that bad…”

I shot him a look. “Will you be quiet please? I am hiding in peace here!”

“No need to shout Barbie” he commented, eyeing my wrist.

“B-barbie? Yah! I’m not Barbie!”

“Now you’re the one who’s shouting” the boy whispered and smiled. I rolled my eyes and then just sat, crossing my legs even though it was a bit hard since I was wearing a dress.

“What a nice watch you got there Barbie”

“I know right? It’s glow in the dark!” I bragged, putting my hand out while flaunting the light from my watch but my smile faded right after. My expression changed and I eyed him.

“I’m not Barbie” I complained in a whisper. The boy pointed at my watch and I figured why I was “Barbie”. “I’m Jaehwan, but you can call me Ken”

I looked at him and then rolled my eyes. Agh, he’s so annoying.

“Want some M&Ms?” he offered, showing me a big pack of M&Ms from his pocket. I smiled widely seeing it. I didn’t eat dinner because the food . They don’t have fried chicken and hotdog on sticks, everything was so complicated—everything had weird names, weird food colors, weird smell and if I wasn’t mistaken everything didn’t look enticing.

This is one of the reason why I hate parties. The food and besides, only the adults enjoy it—we can’t even drink that reddish violet liquid that they drink. I hate it.

I also hate how everyone seems to talk a lot to each other—can’t they be quiet for once? I’m tired of having to bow at everyone and kiss them on the cheek and whatever. I also hate my dress. My mother never seemed to understand when I tell her I’d like to wear the same outfit as my brother’s.

“You like M&M’s too?” he asked as he poured some on my palms. I shook my head. “Not really, I prefer snickers but since I’m hungry, I think this will do”

“The food here really ” Jaehwan commented and brought some on his mouth. I nodded, I just couldn’t agree more.

Joon was also around but he loves food a lot that his sneak in place wasn’t under the table, it was the hotel’s kitchen. He would rush there right after they arrive at the party and right now, I bet he’s playing with the knives or something.

“Next time, I’ll remember to bring with me a glow in the dark watch too, so that it wouldn’t be so dark at all and extra M&Ms” Jaehwan said and looked at me smiling.

{ End of Flashback }

 

And sure enough, there really was a next time. Jaehwan and I kept meeting at parties—whether it was anniversary events, opening parties, inaugurations, birthday parties, weddings, christenings, business parties, Christmas balls, New Year celebrations—all the parties that you could imagine, we were always present.

But unlike the others, we were under the table, having our own world.

He always brought lots of M&Ms with him and he even bought a Ken glow in the dark watch to match mine and that’s how I realized why he said I could also call him Ken. That brat!

Sometimes, he would also bring a small flashlight and I would bring a comic book with me and together we would just read under the table.

The last party I attended with him was our graduation party in high school and still, he was with me, under the table, living in peace—it was a rare moment because Joon was with us. We read comic books and also, it was when he told us he was leaving for Germany.

 

 

I wanted to call Jaehwan right now but I don’t have my phone with me. My clutch bag was in the surveillance room. I bowed my head since the table wasn’t that high and I wasn’t a little girl anymore. Everything was dark. I couldn’t even see a thing. All I could hear was a voice echoing from the speakers and I was pretty sure who owned that voice. How I wished I was wearing my Barbie glow in the dark watch right now, because it’s freaking scary.

I was thankful that the table pushed next to the wall. I rested my head on the wall and crossed my legs.

Parties were never a good idea—not for me.

I didn’t belong to gatherings like this, right from the start, I knew that. My parents were always invited in parties and they always brought my brother and me along.

Everyone we would meet along the way would tell us that we were such a perfect family. My mother was beautiful and seemed not to age, my father was a hardworking and successful businessman, my brother always placed first in taekwondo contests and I—well they always complemented me because my dress was pretty or my hairclip was cute and sparkling—and no one knew that those weren’t my personal choice but still, I felt glad people liked our family.

Because I liked our family. I liked the idea of our family. We were a great family—we’re not perfect but I really loved our family but I just didn’t know what happened….

And I was really hurt…

Everything didn’t make sense to me…

I thought my parents loved each other?

I thought my father loved my mother and me and my brother?

I thought my mother couldn’t live without us?

There were a lot of things in my mind that kept me awake at night and I end up crying. Why?

I always dreamed that in the future we would still be that great family and me and my bother would bring in additional members and then we’d be happy. I always thought life was perfect—I wanted to have a family like ours one day, but that family that I’m really looking up to, disappointed me—it broke my heart and I was lost and the future wasn’t really that bright and hopeful for me anymore.

I began to close my eyes, which was so red and a bit sore because I was really crying hard. I felt drowsy and sunk lower on my spot.

 

 

 

 

The last thing I remembered was Mr. Kim’s voice. He was speaking about the history of the hotel. How it started and how he managed to keep the tradition that has been going for more than 56 years already and after that, all I heard was my breathing and I slept.

I was sleeping peacefully when suddenly I felt Sadako’s hands, grabbing my feet. Her hair was all over her face and she was wearing a white dress. I kept moving my feet but her grip was so tight and her hands were so cold like that of a dead person probably. I tried to search for something to hold on to but I can’t. I heard creepy TV noises from everywhere screeching inside my ears.

Sadako then began to bring me to this very big TV and I saw she was hanging my mother and my father and my brother there. They were looking at me helplessly, their faces were pale and they had blood all over their bodies.

“Omma?! Appa?! Oppa?!”

“No!”

“Let me go!” I kept on shouting, moving my legs frantically to get away from her but she just laughed but her voice was so scary and pitchy.

“Ahhhh!” I screamed and I jolted awake, hitting my head above a hard wood. I realized I was dreaming but tears were flowing down from my eyes and I bumped my head on the table.

“Ouch” I hissed rubbing my read carefully, trying to adjust my body. I realized I was sweating so much. It was really dark and I couldn’t see a thing. W-where am I?

I then realized I was under the table. I moved my feet and I crawled as fast as I could towards the end of the table to go out. I almost hit the leg of the table but thank goodness, my hands felt them and I changed my direction, going towards the space.

I pushed the table cloth aside and saw a pair of legs standing in front. I directly hugged that pair of legs. “S-Sadako” I whispered, looking back at the table.

“Where. In. The. World. Have. You. Been. Miss. HWANG?!” It was an angry voice. I gulped and looked up. I still couldn’t clearly see who the person was. I brought my hand above my eyes to cover the light that was streaming onto my eyes. Isn’t it obvious I came out from under the table so where do you think? Narnia?

I blinked my eyes, still adjusting them and saw Mr. Kim face, he looked so angry. Ooops.

“Where the hell have you been?!” he yelled again. I froze on the spot, his voice was scaring me but the thought of Sadako was even scarier. ty Sadako had to ruin my sleep! I let go of his legs and moved away. I brushed back some of my hair which was falling down into my face and then tried to stand.

My knees were still weak but I still tried to push myself up but before I could firmly stand, I lost my balance and fell down. I swear I’m going to burn Jaehwan on the spot when I meet him, this heels are killing me!

I didn’t realize it, because it happened too fast, but I felt an arm on my back and a hand on holding my hand, I opened my eyes and saw that Mr. Kim caught me. I could see his face hovering over mine—not to mention it was so close I swear, I’m losing my mind again. I get to see the close up Joonmyeon again. His eyes looked nervous, his brows—they were always the same, scrunching towards each other, his forehead was wrinkling and his breathing was low.

I was so lost in my thoughts I couldn’t even argue with myself when I think he smelled like vanilla again and when he looked like an angel right now. I just gazed at his eyes for a moment, thinking whether this was part of the dream or was it real. After a while, I felt Mr. Kim’s hand pushing me up until I could stand on my feet and he coughed awkwardly.

“I-I’m s-so s-sorry…”

“I have heard that a million times” he shot back coldly, not even looking at me.

I gulped hard and bit my lip. Everything came sinking back to me, I remember what happened, why I was back under the table, why my eyes hurt and were sore.

I bowed my head and wiped the tears from my face. I look like a mess right now. I looked around and everyone has gone. The lights were bright again and all I could see was the staffs fixing and cleaning up.

“The party ended an hour ago” Mr. Kim said looking in front. I felt guilty and bowed my head. Oh , what have I done this time?

“Come on, let’s go” he said and walked towards the exit, not even glancing at me. I didn’t know whether to follow or not. I’m so dang tired, I just wanted to lie on the floor and sleep again. But the thought of Sadako scared the out of me. How am I going to sleep now?!

I sighed and adjusted my feet and then walked towards the exit.

Kang Baro met me by the exit and handed me my clutch bag.

“Thank you” I replied weakly and got it. Kang Baro smiled at me. “No problem, didn’t know you are fond of hiding under the tables” he joked. My eyes widened. How the did you know?

“Surveillance cameras” he pointed out, like he just heard my thoughts. I nodded and laughed a little. “O-oh right, almost forgot about that… well see you around Kang Baro-ssi, thanks again” I said and walked towards the exit.

 

 

The night was really cold, I grabbed my phone and checked the time. It was already 5 minutes to midnight. I didn’t even have a coat again with me. Ugh. Why is it so cold?!

Duh, Dohee, it’s ing midnight.

Well, actually it’s five minutes before midnight, so it’s not exactly midnight.

Aish, whatever, as long as it’s freezing cold in here, I hate it.

Like you have a choice, you’re living in South Korea and it’s in the temperate region so—you die.

I wrapped my arms around myself and walked. I was walking towards the waiting area when I heard a car honking. The windows rolled down, revealing Mr. Kim.

“Get in” he demanded. Like I could say no? But I wanted to—I wanted to go somewhere else—just to silence my mind.

“I-it’s o-okay S-sir, I-I’ll just wait for a taxi” I replied, rubbing my palms on both my shoulders.

“Just. Get. In.” he demanded with a firmer voice. I gulped, surprised at his manner of speaking and I walked towards the car then hurriedly opened the door.

“Seatbelt”

I buckled my seatbelt as fast as I could, not even glancing at him. I just bowed my head, feeling embarrassed.

His radio wasn’t playing and I think it was the reason why the silence was so awkward, I think I’m going to die any minute now.

I wanted to sleep, but Sadako’s face is still so fresh, I think I’m going to have a sleepless night again. Aish, stupid Sadako and that movie, I shouldn’t have watched it before!

I decided to just look outside the window. There were less cars on the road now and Mr. Kim was driving a bit fast.

I rested my head on the window whilst looking out when I heard my stomach grumble.

Grrrrrrrrr.

I bit my lip and hugged my stomach. Oh ! Oh no!

Why does this happen to me every time?!

I bowed my head, biting my lip—just praying he didn’t hear that. Not again stomach! Not again!

“You hid under the table and didn’t even get some food?” he shot in a very annoyed manner.

Duh, how will I get food when I’m under the table, do you think I have elastic hands?

I decided not to reply because I ing don’t have a face to show anymore. I didn’t even glance at him from the corner of my eyes. A few minutes and we were silent again until he decided to speak.

“S-so…i-is…t-that….restaurant…”

I turned to him expectantly. I wanted to choke by his words. A-am I hearing it right? I-is h-he t-talking a-about the r-restaurant? Oh my gosh. Like OMG.

I’ m mentally hyperventilating right now.

I saw him gripping the steering wheel tightly, his hands thumbs tapping it excessively. I didn’t why I’m feeling like this but I just feel excited about it. Are we going to that restaurant!? OMG!

He glanced a little to me and then back at the road, cleared his mouth and pressed his lips. Tch, why couldn’t he continue what he was speaking.

I bowed my head again and absentmindedly pulling my dress down.

“B-by…t-the…beach…” he sounded like he was having trouble with saying those words out.

He only spoke in two ways. He either speaks in a very confident and strict voice and then he speaks like he didn’t know how to speak Korean.

“…do…you like toeatdinner?” he was speaking with long pauses in between words but the last words were spoken almost instantly.

My eyes widened and I couldn’t bring myself to believe my ears. I smiled secretly and nodded.

“I-is it o-okay?” I replied feeling a little giddy and couldn’t help but feel excited. Omg, is this real life?

“unlessyouwanttodieofhunger” he replied to soon, his forehead was wrinkling, he looked a bit tensed.

“O-okay” I bit my lip.

I glanced back at Mr. Kim and looks a little relaxed now, but still breathing heavily. I bowed my head down and played with my fingers while trying to hide my excitement. Yey! We’re finally going to eat there!

Yah! Why you are so excited all of sudden?!

I’m not excited because I’m eating at the restaurant with him! I-I’m just really hungry!

Really?

Really!

I pressed my lips harder this time. Why do I feel so giddy and happy all of a sudden?!

I saw Mr. Kim turned the aircon to a higher temperature and he kept on adjusting his tie from time to time. Omg, this is so exciting.

I gulped and took another glance at him, I can’t believe he remembered it! OMG! Is this real life?

I looked away before he catches me and instead looked at the window, trying to squeeze myself comfortably in my seat while Mr. Kim just flexed his neck.

The car accelerated at a faster speed and then made a turn to the left and Mr. Kim stepped on it, after a couple of minutes we arrived at the restaurant. I never expected I could still feel so excited after what happened. I unbuckled my seatbelt and went out excitedly. I could even hear the waves crashing in the shore. It was cold but I didn’t mind.

I looked up at the sign board of the restaurant but it wasn’t glowing anymore. Oh no! Don’t tell they’re closed already!

I looked ahead and ran towards the door and then I saw that the doors were closed and there was a sign hanging. “Sorry, we’re already close

My shoulders sank and I pouted. Aish! Why are they closed already? Don’t they know people at this time still wanted to eat dinner?!

I slowly turned around, my head hanging low. I saw Mr. Kim still walking towards me—I think he knew by now it’s closed. Aish, it’s such a waste! We even came here to eat!

“I-I think it’s closed a-already S-sir, I-I’m s-sorry to h-have caused you trouble—” he looked at the entrance of the restaurant and back at me, His eye brows scrunching up.

“B-but you c-can l-leave if you like, I-I’ll j-just w-walk b-by the b-beach a-and g-go h-home l-later” I said. Aish, I was even so excited about this!

He looked at me, looking annoyed. He sighed heavily and then rolled his eyes. He turned around and walked towards his car.

My shoulders sank as I saw him leave and then I turned around and walked towards the open gateway to the sea.

My heels started to dig deep in the sand as I made my way towards the shore. I decided to just take them off and walk with my bare feet. I still don’t know how I’ll go back to the sauna but I don’t care.

Agh! I’m really mad right now!

I sat on the sand, bringing my legs to my chest, hugging them. I rested my chin on my knee and looked at the dark see in front. The stars weren’t out tonight and the moon was covered with thin clouds.

Grrrrrrrr.

“Aigoo! Can you please stay quiet for a moment?!” I muttered as I stretched my feet forward and rubbed my stomach. Why am I always hungry at the wrong time?!

“Take this” 

I froze on the spot. I was surprsied because I thought he already left...

I turned around and saw Mr. Kim handing me one of his chocolate energy bars. I gulped and didn’t know if I should take it, but I think I don’t have a choice, I’m really hungry to be honest. 

“T-thank you S-sir” I said and received it. He wasn’t looking at me, he was looking far ahead the sea and I think it was better because the embarrassment was not that high.

I opened the bar and took a bite. I saw Mr. Kim take his coat off and sit an arm span away from me from the corner of my eyes. I was just quiet, chewing carefully the chocolate bar, here I am, cold as Olaf. Errr. I forgot my coat again. I hugged myself, to make myself warm and my toes curled.

“I already told you to keep a jacket with you but you never seem to note that” he stated sternly, handing me his coat. I looked at him, my eyes wide. “Take it” he demanded and I took it. Like a have a choice?

For the record Dohee, you have a choice you can always say no and pretend you’re not cold at all.

Agh! But it’s really cold and I might die because of hypothermia or something!

Tsss. Whatever, you never listened to me anyways!

Aigoo! So would you really prefer to keep your pride than ensure your life?

Whatever. I hate you.

I hate you too.

Tch. Please remember your talking to yourself.

 I know…I know…

I put the coat over me and I just continued chewing and eating while looking ahead and Mr. Kim did too. He quietly breathed in and from time to time closes his eyes as the sea breeze crash into out skin.

“I-I’m r-really s-orry about what happened a while ago S-sir” I said and bit my lip, waiting for his response.

“I already got a lot of problems Miss Hwang, and you’re trying to be on the list”

Seriously? You’re really saying this right now? It’s ing a good night, even though the skies are dark but seriously? Of all the things you could say, you’re really saying that?!

I gulped and just bowed my head.

“If you’re not embarrassing yourself, you’re giving me a headache” he added.

I wanted to punch him this instant. Tch, like he wasn’t giving me a headache too! Aigoo! Can he just go away and leave me alone in peace.

Now, I lost my appetite to eat this chocolate bar! Aish, I wanted to throw this chocolate bar at his face. I glanced at him and he was closing his eyes but I’m so mad right now! He looked so peaceful—like a freaking angel. Agh!!!

Yah! Why are you thinking that way! He’s nowhere near an angel to be honest. I couldn’t bring myself to believe what I was seeing.

He looked so relaxed right now and it’s making me even more uncomfortable. Can I just punch his face?!

I looked away before the bad vibes dominate my mind. Ugh. I angrily took another bite of the bar and breathed heavily.

“Eat slowly, I still want to stay longer here” he said, almost in whisper. I looked at him in surprise—he never fails to hear or feel everything I do. Was my bite to loud? Err! And who is he to tell my how eat? So what if I wanted to eat this chocolate bar in one go?! Aish! It’s not like it’s still his problem when it comes to my digestive system!

And he looks like he owns the place?! Ugh!

And for your information, I know this place before you did Mr. Gorilla, so please back off!

I looked at him unbelievably. Aish. Arggghhhh!

I just continued eating the chocolate bar, devouring a big part of it and listened to his breathing and now I noticed something that smelled vanilla. Oh right, his coat. I secretly glanced at him and he was still closing his eyes, leaning back as his hand landed firmly on the sand to support his weight.

I then started to sniff his coat and dang! It’s so frustrating, it really does smell like freaking vanilla! Err!

I chewed the chocolate bar angrily. I’ve got so many problems too you know and you’re on the top!

“Do you know Ahn Hwayoung?” he asked suddenly. I almost choked. I coughed as I try to clear my throat from the chocolate bar. Aish, why did I even eat everything at once?! I think I’m going crazy!

I rubbed my chest and  suddenly I felt Mr. Kim’s hands rubbing my back and this made me choke even more. I coughed even harder as my eyes widened. What the hell—

I wanted to get away because my heart was really beating weirdly and it’s scaring me and my stomach felt giddy all of a sudden again—is it dancing tango again? no! not now!

“Weren’t you taught how to eat properly?” he shot, his hands still rubbing my back and he moved a little closer.

I looked at him unbelievably, blinking excessively. What the are you doing now?! I think he immediately noticed that his hands were still on my back and pulled away, putting it inside his pocket.

I looked away, still blinking excessively. Omg, why do I feel like I’m bursting?! Aish, why did he have to remember that among all things?

I pulled his coat a little tighter and pressed my lips. The thought of Ahn Hwayoung makes me vomit. Aish, that witch!

“W-we w-ere s-schoolmates…” I answered in a low voice, not looking at him. I felt Mr. Kim take a glance at me and then back to the sea. He didn’t speak anymore, just stayed quiet, enjoying the sea breeze while here I am, growing hot and angry again.

“S-secretary?”

“Ah, it figures. I wouldn’t thought she’d be here to represent her father—that would be ridiculous”

“Tss. I was really right from the start, your botanist dreams will never come true, and I mean — look at you? I heard you weren’t able to attend graduation. Hmmm, well after all your life is such a mess. I heard mommy went away with another man? How sad! Perfect family isn’t so perfect after all!”

“What’s the matter Dohee? How’s your fake family life going now?”

Her words echoed inside my head and I can’t help but feel angry and furious and mad and frustrated again. Ugh! It’s really making me furious! I wondered what the was wrong with her. I didn’t even do anything to her! I heard she liked Jaehwan before and she might be so mad about it but come on, can she see we’re just friends? What was wrong with that witch?!

And she had to talk like that? About my family? In front of someone else? How could she be so heartless?!

 

 

 

After a while, we were back inside the car. I didn’t speak anymore, just kept my mouth closed. Mr. Kim seemed to be back to his usual cold-ish, unpredictable self. I buckled my seatbelt once I was inside the car and Mr. Kim turned the radio on. Was it a habit?  I wasn’t really sure.

The commentator was speaking on the radio and he was talking to a caller. They were talking about the caller’s love story. I listened carefully as I looked outside the window, smelling the faint vanilla perfume under my nose.

“So how did you meet your wife?” the radio host asked and the called responded. “Actually, I met her in train station, thirty years ago, she was carrying a lot of bags with her”

“Woah, was she running away from home? Why was she bringing a lot of bags?” the radio host commented, then people on the studio were laughing. I can’t help but laugh a little.

“I don’t know too, at first I was wondering why, so I decided to offer her a hand” the man on the line spoke.

“And then what happened?”

“And so, when I offered her a hand but I didn’t realized that my hand landed on top of her hand, she was so surprised that the first thing she did was shout “ert” at me and then slapped my face so hard…”

The radio host and the staffs were laughing out loud in the background and the other man on the line too was laughing. I suppressed my laughter.

“She slapped me so hard that her palms marked on my face for a few days, I guess it lasted for a week! That’s how hard she slapped me! It was so ridiculous I wanted to slap her too at the moment!” the man on the line continued and I can’t keep my laughter to myself anymore that I laughed out loud, holding my stomach.

“Hahahahahah crkk crkk hahahahahahha”

I can’t even concentrate on looking outside because I was trying to suppress my laughter but I can’t. I can imagine the face of the man with a palm marking on one side of his face. That’s so ridiculous!

“Hahahahahah crkk crkk—” I stopped in midway realizing I was laughing like pig again. I turned to Mr. Kim who was looking at me, his eyes looked surprised. Oh , I ing hate my life. Err.

Why did I have to have a pig’s laugh??!?!

Ergg, Dohee, why do you always embarrass yourself?!

This is really embarrassing!

My smile faded when I turned and saw him surprised. I bit my lip and lowered my head in embarrassment. Aigoo, thiis is really embarrassing!

The laughter in the radio faded and the man on the other line spoke again. I tried to glance at Mr. Kim from the corner of my eyes and I could see him suppressing a smile too. He glanced at me and I looked away before he could catch me. Aishh…

“But she was a woman of course, I can’t do that but instead of getting mad, I think I’ve felt the opposite, I liked her all of a sudden! We were on the same train and I just can’t help looking at her every move! And I thought to myself, Ahh—she’s one unique woman, I should have her”

The man on the other line said and I could feel dreamy about their love story because it was so cute. Where would you find a mind who would fall in love with a girl who slapped him so hard and called him a ert in public?

I glanced at Mr. Kim whose smile was trying to show now but I always looked away too soon when his eyes were moving towards my side.

The man on the other end then requested for a song and the radio host played it for him.

  { Listen to the song }

When the song played, I felt Mr. Kim smiled widely at himself, shaking his head a little and I felt his eyes glance for a millisecond at me and then he tried to press his lips to prevent from smiling or laughing but I really felt uncomfortable because he was always glancing at me from time to time.

Like what the ? Are you laughing it me?! Aish, I should’ve have laugh in the first place! How many times to I have to remind myself not to laugh, especially when somebody is around?! Errgh!

Really universe?! What a good way to end this day!

Mr. Kim drove the car a bit faster and I felt so uncomfortable on my seat. I glanced at him from time to time and I think he did too. Aish, that was freaking embarrassing!

 

Every breath you take…
And every move you make…
Every bond you break, every step you take…
I'll be watching you…

 

I gulped as I feet the awkward air rising, I can’t believe it’s still a long trip before we arrive in the sauna. I pulled my dress down again, feeling so uncomfortable with myself.

At last! I’m thankful the song came to an end and we were just around the corner before getting the sauna.

Mr. Kim parked the car in front of the sauna and I gulped before unbuckling my seatbelt. He looked around, checking the environment and then turned to me. I looked away and bit my lip, still feeling really embarrassed.

“I-I’m g-going now S-sir, t-thank y-you f-for driving me home…” I said, trying to find my voice. He nodded and looked in front.

“Wake up early tomorrow”

“Eh?” I replied in surprise.

“Tomorrow, you move in…” he added. I was even more surprised—so I’m moving in tomorrow? Ugh. Can I say no, thank you?!

“O-okay, S-sir…uh—I’ll go now” I said and bowed, turning my body a little towards him.

I opened the door but before I could step out Mr. Kim held my arm. I looked at him nervously, my eyes widened. What the—

“You’re wearing my coat” he said and motioned his eyes on his coat that was wrapped around my shoulders. Holy cow, I almost forgot!

“O-oh, right” I replied, gritting my teeth awkwardly.

I took it off and handed it to him and suddenly I froze when he held my hand. Yah! I’m not liking this anymore!

He gripped it tightly and then held my point finger. I couldn’t even bring myself to speak or move because I was so surprised of what he was doing. He brought my finger to my mouth and then brushed in the middle of my front teeth.

My eyes widened and I felt my cheeks ing burning!

I leaned back in surprise and then he showed my finger that contained the chocolate from my teeth. What the ?! So I had these all along?! ~!

“You can go now” he said coldly, starting the engine. I wanted to faint from embarrassment in front of him. I opened the door and stepped out as fast as I could and closed the door. I covered my mouth directly and I wanted to die from embarrassment! I walked towards the sauna, slapping my cheeks and my forehead. Gosh, that was so embarrassing!

ing hell~!

Curse that chocolate bar!

Aish!

Mr. Kim’s car pulled away. Can I die now? Can I? ARGGHH!

That was so embarrassing!

 

Bonus Scene:

Dohee slammed the door shut as she hurriedly stepped out of the car. He could see her slapping herself as she made her way towards the sauna. He smirked and pulled away.

“You’re one hell of a headache Miss Hwang…”

 


Author’s note:

 

Omg. If I was Dohee, I’d literally die right then and there.
That was really embarrassing but I really pity her—tss,
that Hwayoung had to ruin the day for her. Ergh.

Anyways, thank you for reading this update! I’m really
glad you’re still sticking up with this fanfic. :-)

I hope you enjoyed reading this update but I hardly doubt.
Anyways, thank you so much—really I mean it.
Thank you so much.

Have a good day everyone! :-)

P.S. I'm sorry if you find this update a bit long or dragging or something.