8

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

"Hello, good afternoon. K&K corporation." I answered the telephone that has been ringing since the dawn of time. I wasn't able to pick it up right away because I was fixing some records on the cabinet across the room. I had to run like a cheetah to catch the last ring of the phone. I could sense Mr. Kim's heated facial expression. He's probably shooting me with a 45 caliber gun in his head. Oh no!

There was a short period of silence before a voice finally came.

"Is Mr. Kim there?"

"Yes Ma'am, may I know who this is please?"

I heard an evil chuckle and an exclamation of victory from the other end of the line. I guess his hell neighbors are keeping in touch with him no matter what. Geez.

"No need to know me, just tell him to prepare his parenting skills"

"Parenting what?" I asked in confusion.

Then the phone went toot.

 

Should I tell this to Mr. Kim? I, myself am confused on what is happening. 

"Uhmm..." I uttered in confusion. Should I seriously tell him? What if that was only a prank call? 

"Spit it out already, I don't speak uhm language obviously I can't understand it" he said and yes, I just found out that he can hear everything I speak, even though I can barely hear it myself. Geeez, I think his ears are artificial. Really.

Okay, if you say so, master of dark magic. I rolled my eyes in my mind. It's the only place I could do that to him.

"Someone called and said to ready your parenting--"

"What? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I'm actually doing it right now" Like are you kidding me Pokémon? That's why I'm telling you right now like DUH!

"You should've told me when that woman was still on phone!!!" Geez, he's shouting again. What is wrong with him?! Does he know my ears function well enough to hear the conversation of ants. Ugh, I hate him--- so much. He should feel like I don't have the willpower to shout back at him and shoot him in the head with a canyon.

"I-uh-" Should I say sorry or should I throw the phone at him directly and wish to all the spirits of Japan to have his nose go flat. He's starting to be so annoying. He's making me go crazy with all these bossy orders and he thinks I'm Flash or some kind of ninja that would teleport from Korea to Russia just to get appointments marked and to have deals closed.

He rolled his eyes and turned his seat towards the window. His back was on me and now this is my chance to make faces at him, so I did. He deserves this actually. I tried to mimic his expressions while I still can because yes, this is hell baby! 

 

Then I started mimicking his expressions.

"Spit it out already, I don't speak uhm language obviously I can't understand it"

"What? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"You should've told me when that woman was still on phone!"  blah blah blah

Before he could catch me, I went back to the cabinet and searched some folders for the company's financial report for the past five months and check if all accounts of their customers were valid. I can't really explain that much to you because as you see, it's really hard concentrating on searching such files when you hear your boss shouting at his phone on the background. I think he's like a frustrate screamo or metallica singer or whatever. Ew, no-- I think I'm gonna be deaf in the next 24 hours.

"YAH! WHATEVER YOU'RE PLANNING, FORGET IT!" I heard Mr. Kim exclaimed first

Then all his rants follow and my ears, my precious ears bled every second he speaks.

"THOSE ARE NOT MINE TO SPEAK WITH, I'M NOT GONNA HAVE THEM!"

"THEY ARE LIKE WILD BEASTS! I'M NOT GONNA LET THEM ENTER MY OFFICE!"

"I'M STILL SO BUSY"

"I'M NOT AVAILABLE CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?!"

Is he talking about his demon friends? Because so far, I'm not really liking the descriptions he says.

 

"YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THEY TRIED TO KILL ME!"

Kill him? Oh good, that's actually nice that someone already attempted to kill him but it's sad because they did not succeed. I think I also should probably try killing him when he's asleep.

"WHATEVER YOU PLAN, I'M NOT GONNA LET IT--"

He was unable to continue speaking because the door opened and poof, it became koko krunch. Just kidding but seriously, there were 3 kids who ran to him and hugged him.

 

"Uncle Joonmyeon!" they all shouted and tried to climb up on his lap. He then rolled his eyes and threw his phone at his table. He conditioned his face and forced a smile but then it became so natural that I can't tell if he's faking it or he's happy that he was visited by his niece and nephews.

"Hi there kids, well as you can see uncle still has---"

"Uncle Joonmyeon we want to watch a movie at the cinema today!!!" a girl cried and grabbed his neck tie.

"Then let's buy popcorn!" the younger boy suggested and hugged his leg.

"I want to go to the sea and swim with the fishes" the youngest, which happened to also be a boy said with his eyes popping out like it was about to burst.

He sighed heavily.

"Okay, okay, we'll do all of that but first, you should let uncle finish his job so we could go to the movies and eat popcorn" he smiled and tried to fix their hats.

"But what about the fishes?" the little one asked in fear and yes, his eyes still popping like a balloon.

"And then we'll go to the beach" he continued and carried the little one on his lap.

"Don't forget that we will swim with them" the little one added cutely. 

Oh so he has a niece and nephews. I didn't know that-- but why would I know it, I'm not some stalker or something and besides I guess his life is the most boring life ever. Really.

"Who's that ugly girl right there?!" the girl pointed at me, glaring like I just stole her donuts and candies.

Wha--at di-i-id she-ee ju-u-ust sa--a-y?" ugly? YAH! DID SHE KNOW THAT MY MOTHER IS THE FORMER MISS KOREA?! AISH! AIGOO! THIS KID! WHERE ARE HER MANNERS! WELL EXCUSE ME MISS I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE BUT I AM NOT UGLY. NU-UH.

"She's my secretary" he said coldly and not even defending me or saying sorry for his niece's manners-- RUDE manners. WOW. NO WONDER THEY ARE RELATIVES.

"Hello, I'm Hwang Dohee" I introduced myself and bowed because I have no choice, they are my masters and I'm only the servant.

"Her name sounds stupid" the older nephew commented and scanned me from head to feet. No, actually the three of them scanned me from head to toe like I was a lost hyena or something. 

Yah! Aish! Aigoo! Jinja?!! I think they are the lost dwarfs of hell. The gremlins or something. They had the guts to call me stupid! If so, I'm gonna invite them to a battle. MWAHAHAHA... But okay not now because I might lose my job just because I'm stooping down to nursery level. Ew. No way.

If I could only punch these little s I would have but now is not the right moment. Patience is a virtue Hwang Dohee, you'll also have your chance just wait.

I didn't mind the kids and went back to my work, for so I care. I finally found three records out of five two more to go then I'm going to start the real deal. I was in the middle of running my fingers from folder to folder when my phone alarmed. 

Mr. Kim's meeting with the Japanese investors from Konichiwa Corporation.

This alarm flashed on my screen. I turned around directly and went towards Mr. Kim who was hopelessly stuck with his niece, trying to put Hello Kitty hair clips on his hair while his two nephews were busy playing flappy bird on their uncle's phone.

"Excuse me Sir, the Konichiwa's will arrive in five minutes"

 

He looked up at me, brows furrowing in anger. I took two steps backward, he definitely looked so pissed. Oh no, he's going super saiyan.

 

"Have you already checked the conference room?"

"Yes sir, I actually dropped by there before gathering these folders"

He then sighed heavily and carried the girl away from him. The girl frowned. "But Uncle Joonmyeon! I'm not done with your hair with!"

"Maeri, Uncle is having a meeting, can you please behave" he said rather coldly, trying his best to not provoke the little girl. I went to my table and got the files he needed for the meeting.

"Maru and Myungsoo, hand me my phone please" 

"NOOOOOOOO!" they both shouted, all four eyes glued on the screen. "Uncle you shouldn't have talked to us! Now, we've got distracted!" they both scratched their heads but surrendered the phone to their uncle sadly.

"Thank you Misters" their uncle said and smiled coldly. 

Once he was set, I handed him the folders. "The proposal, contract and hard copy of the PowerPoint presentations are there, Sir"

"Okay" he replied, receiving the folders but didn't take time to look at me. Aigoo, this ungrateful cold blooded demon, I think he has no "thank you" written on his vocabulary, I think the only words he's got are, "You're fired and Get me my coffee" Geeeez. What a shame.

While he was looking down on the folders and scanning them, I couldn't help but laugh because the Hello Kitty hairclips were still in his hair. They were all pink and sparkly.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I can't help but really laugh-- but of course this is all inside my head because I might be dead meat when he hear me laugh this hard and loud but seriously if you just see him right now, all your worries and fears will be erased. I tried to hide my laugh and just act like I didn't see anything. I'm still on the verge of deciding whether to tell him or not. 

"Watch over the kids while I'm away" he said and fixed his wrist watch then headed to the door. Before he could go out, he eyed me, "I'll be back" then he left.

Yeah right. For sure  you'll be back in no time! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... You've got the best hair in town Mr. Kim BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I laughed to myself when the door finally closed but then I feel hot. I turned to find the three kids staring at me like an eagle. What?! 

"Hi kidsss" I tried to smile and act approachable. Maeri stepped forward and folded her arms. "Ew, we don't talk to strangers"

Aigoo! This kid! Aish. Well for your information miss, I don't talk to kids too, it's just that I have to or I'll lose my job. 

"Well, I'm not a stranger; I'm your uncle's secretary"

"Secretary?"

"Yup" I nodded.

She smiled evilly and looked at her brothers. "Two days, 5000 won"

Her brothers looked back at her and slowly smiled mischievously. "Three days and we'll make it 7000 won!" then they both shook hands like they were some business tycoons or whatever. What's happening with them?! Geez.

"Are you hungry?" I bent down and asked them, as kindly as I could.

“I want to eat chocolate pie and drink almond milkshake” Maeri said in a rather bossy manner.

Aigoo! I wanna punch this kid so hardly! Where are you manners miss? AHHHHHHHH! I’m going crazy! Jinja!

“No one’s eating chocolate pie and almond milk shake if you’re not going get these things off me”

I folded my arms upon hearing those ad libs, did heaven sent me an angel or defender or something? BWAHAHAHA! I then looked at Maeri and the other two kids when they all pointed behind me.

“What?” I turned directly only to see an angry Joonmyeon with Hello Kitty hair clips pinned everywhere on his hair. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Serves him right.

Okay so it wasn't a defender after all. So sad.

Oh no! He seems so angry. 

“Ya, Im Maeri, can you please get these things off from Uncle’s hair?” he said impatiently and kind of angry rather than approachable.

“No!” Maeri insisted and crossed her arms.

Omo! I can’t believe a little devil like her can disobey the king—I mean his uncle.

“Yes, you are going to take these off me Miss or else”

“No! No! No!” Maeri shouted in anger and ran towards the back of his table and hugged her knees.

Mr. Kim scratched his head in frustration and in anger. I bowed my head because I can’t stop laughing at his face. The devil’s turning pink and girly. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

“YAH YOU OVER THERE!”

I looked up and saw him pointing at our direction. “Wha-at me-e si-i-ir?” I asked, hesitantly and looked if someone was beside me and found out the boys were gone already.

Mr. Kim just rolled his eyes

“O-oh” I said and rushed towards him.

“Get them off” he demanded.

Okay guys, so here’s the deal. He’s kind of tall and I’m kind of average tall so it’s really weird to get them off without tiptoeing. So yes, it’s a big problem because it’s really awkward!

It is so awkward really. I didn’t know where to start getting the hair clips, will I start with the right or with the left or, I DON’T KNOW!

I motion to get the hair clips from the left bet he moved towards the right, the moment I motioned towards the right he moved to the left.

Gosh, why did he have to be so tall or why did I have to have this height?

He sighed, irritatingly and then bent his knees so that we were level in height. OMG. He smells so good! This is impossible! Anneyo! I can’t have these kinds of thought! THESE THOUGHTS ARE ILLEGAL!

Aigoo, Yah! Hwang Dohee, this is your enemy not your favorite perfume so stop smelling him!

“Hurry up please” he demanded and I can feel him staring right at me like a hungry hyena. I didn’t dare to stare back no matter what. I started reaching for his head and got the clips one by one.

Aigoo, how many hundreds of clips did Maeri pinned here? Aish. Jinja.

“OUCH!” he yelled at me and stood up directly and touched his head. “Can you be careful?!”

How can I be careful if your niece pinned her clips to your scalp, you jerk! Be thankful your help is still in tacked!

“So-sorry” I said and reached for his head again, he bent down but this time, not too much for me to reach it so I had to lift myself up and tiptoed.

This time I removed them as slowly as possible but I really do wish all his hair will fall down. It will serve him right!

“Could you hurry up!” he demanded again.

Could you wait? How can I not hurt your head if you are making me hurry?! Your niece should be the one doing this not me!

“O-okay Sir” I said and secretly rolled my eyes. I wanna punch his right now!

“Hello Joon—oh my goodness I didn’t mean to—” I heard a voice from behind, and then I turned and saw a very beautiful lady in red. Omo, is she the devil's apprentice or something. She's smoking hot. 

Joonmyeon stood directly upon seeing her and then rolled his eyes on me. He stared angrily at the lady.

"Omma!" the three kids yelled in chorus.

"O-omma?" I asked in disbelief and moved aside as Mr. Kim fixes himself.

“Please get your kids, I’m busy today”

“Busy with what?” she asked naughtily and eyed me.

I stood in shock. What is she talking about? Joonmyeon sighed heavily and rolled his eyes, ignoring the lady and fixed his neck tie.

“Is it done?” he turned to me.

I looked at his head and I can’t any Hello Kitty clips anymore so I nodded, he glared at me as to make sure I wasn’t lying.

Mr. Do’s head popped at the door, “Mr. Kim, the Konichiwa’s already arrived” he said.

“Okay” was all Mr. Kim answered and walked towards the door when I noticed there’s still one hanging at the back of his head. “Mr. Kim!” I shouted

“WHAT!??!?!” he answered furiously.

“Uh—there’s uh”

“Spit it out already!” he demanded and folded his arms.

“Mr. Kim” Mr. Do called out, “I’m coming”

“Whatever that you’re telling me, save it for later” he said and went out.

“There’s still one hairclip hanging” I half whispered . You impatient hot blooded jerk don't you know there's still one clip hanging!

But he was already outside for sure he didn’t hear that.

Then I heard the lady laughed and smiled at the scene.

"Hi there kids!" she waved to the kids and walk towards their direction and bent down to see them clearly hiding at their Uncle’s table. I followed her behind. Instead of her kids hugging her all they did was sigh and rolled their eyes like brats. Aigoo, where did these kids learn their manners? From their uncle? From hell? Aigoo, Jinja? Seriously. 

 

I was stunned for a while because she's really really beautiful and to know that she's the mother of three little devils. Life must be kidding me so hard right now.

"Oh, hi there! I’m sorry I disturbed you a while ago" she waved at me. I bowed directly and smiled a little. "Good day ma'am, don’t worry, I was just removing the hairclips his niece pinned on his head”

“Oh, I thought you were—” she then covered .

“We were?” I asked, trying to figure out what she was talking about.

“Nothing” she smiled and then eyed Joonmyeon’s table.

“I guess he’s not lying” she said to herself. I followed her gaze and she was looking at the pile of paperwork Mr. Kim had.

“Oh, I’m so sorry for being rude, I’m Jiyeon, Joonmyeon’s sister” she blurted out and offered her hand.

 “Oh, I’m Hwang Dohee, Mr. Kim’s secretary” I said back and shook her hand and then she smiled naughtily.

“Secretary? Wow, this is a miracle!”  She exclaimed and stared at me unbelievably which is totally creeping me out.

Geez, the Kims are totally and undeniably weird! They give me all the creeps the universe has to offer!

I smiled forcefully even when I don’t have ANY idea what she’s talking about.

 

“May I help you with something?” I initiated to cut off the awkward creepy atmosphere.

“Oh, yes, can you watch over my kids for a while?” she pleaded and held my hands.

 

Come again?! Your kids? These little devils?! Are kidding me?!!?!?!?!?!?

“I uh—” I paused and looked at the three little devils, I mean kids. Do I have a choice?

“Okay” I finally said and secretly sighed but the moment I said my answer, I wanted to hang myself and commit suicide because it’s a better death than dying by being tortured by these kids. I think I just sold my future to the devils. HUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHU.

“Good! Thanks Doki” she said in excitement

“It’s Dohee”

“Oh, Sorry” she laughs and then finally hugs me, “Dohee”

“Bye! I’ll get them by 10”

 

What the hell did she just say 10? As in 10 o’clock? Is she nuts?

“B-bye” No! Wait! I take back what I said! Bring these kids with you! I still want to live!

Now, I could imagine these kids ripping off my skin and playing with my bones. OH. NO. I’M. SO. SUPER. SUPER. DUPER. VERY. VERY. VERY. MUCH. SO.DEAD.

I turned to look at them and they were slowly surrounding me and glaring at me like gangsters.

“Hi kids” I tried to smile and hide the fear. , I’m already sweating like a pig!

“Don’t “kids” us” the Maeri said and pointed at the chair.

“Sit!” she commanded and within a second my was glued on the sofa.

Then the three of them slowly walked towards me with their arms folded.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS! WILL I BE ABDUCTED? BE BROUGHT TO HELL AND THEY’LL MAKE ME ONE OF THEM?!!! HELP! HELP! OMO NO!

 

 


 

Author's note: 

It's quite a long chapter or I'm not really sure but I hope it killed the boredom in you. Yes, now Dohee finally met Suho's niece and nephews and also her sister Jiyeon-- they may act like weird and creepy but trust me, Dohee needs them! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, watch out for the next chapters. :-)

And as always, thank you for reading :-)

KAMSAHAMNIDA! :-)