11

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

I held Maeri with my right hand and Myungsoo on my left while Maru was close beside his Uncle Joonmyeon. We went inside the suit shop and luckily we caught up with the appointment only a few minutes late. Well, I guess it's me to blame. Today, my day is full of self-remorse and self-pity so just please do understand that I'm not in a good mood right now to be honest. I'm not mad; it's just been a very tiring day. And yes to add, for the millionth time, we almost died. I almost killed them. Korea almost lost the CEO of one of the finest hotels in the world.

"Stupid, where's your phone?" I heard Maru called for me, breaking free from his uncle's hands. I didn't have the appetite to argue with his manners. I gave him my phone without saying anything, my eyes didn't roll, they were just staring blankly to wherever I'm looking. 

Maru grabbed it and I cared less.

I brought Maeri and Myunsoo to a couch on the corner and my eyes flew to the mannequins at the other side of the room. Mr. Kim was talking to the designers while I stood as far as possible from him. I don’t know, I just felt terrible for being so careless.

“Oh my goodness, as usual—these designs are perfect for you!” I heard one of the designers exclaimed happily and clapped his hands. Then a few of amazed whispers filled the room.

“Omo, he’s so handsome” I overheard the assistants whisper and giggle to each other.

I didn’t bother looking to their direction, it’d be better if I just stayed away from his for once and not bother him and maybe respect his personal space, give him peace or whatever.

“So what do you think?”

I kept my eyes on my shoes, now that I see it, I realized it’s the only pair I have. Geez.

“Dohee?”

“Huh?” I looked up and everyone was looking at me.

“Yes, Si-ir?” I stood up and walked nearer to them.

“What do you think?” the designer asked again excitedly. Is he sure he’s asking my opinion?

“Uh—” I tried to act like I was thinking, “It’s okay” I nodded, trying to stand by my answer. My head wasn’t totally in the situation; it was stuck in the past, the near past, the accident that almost happened.

Then I felt Mr. Kim throw a glare at me, it’s bad luck that I met his gaze.

“Oh, I mean—it’s good—looks good on you sir” I corrected myself as fast as I could and now that my attention is on his reflection at the mirror, I can say he’s totally perfect. Elegant. Handsome, like a modern guardian or something. Wow, he’s seriously blessed with the looks.

“I told you, you’ll drop jaws on the red carpet” the designer commented and wiggled his brows towards Joonmyeon, I turned to him to figure out what he was saying then I saw my reflection and didn’t notice my jaws dropped. . Here I go again.

I closed them right away and gulped. I blinked faster than normal trying to looking everywhere but his face. He smirked, contently and confidently. He adjusted his buttons and stepped down on the circular platform.

The designer assisted him and I went back to where Maeri and Myungsoo were.

“Did the boys have their fitting already?” Mr. Kim asked

“Nope, they still haven’t visited the shop”

“Aish, Jinja—when are they gonna learn to do things without me” Mr. Kim uttered under his breathe and loosen up his tie while the designer got the suit away from him.

 

I went outside ahead, I placed the suit along with some things Joonmyeon bought. It’s weird to call him by his name but this is all in my head so yeah, I’m gonna call him whatever. Mr. Kim rather too tough or I don’t know.

“Yah! Stupid!”

I looked around and saw Maeri and Maru walking towards me, I straightened myself and quietly waited for them.

“Just because he told you to step on it don’t mean you should step on it” Maru commented, knowing the core reason why I was suddenly this gloomy.

“Just because we called you stupid doesn’t mean you’ll stand by and absorb that role” Maeri added

I just nodded. There is no use to argue with these kids, I mean, they could’ve died a while ago because of me.

“Look stupid, don’t be so down and depressed right there” Maru said, finally dropping what he really wants to say.

I just looked at him but inside my head it’s totally a different story. AISH JINJA! YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL I’M NOT IN THE MOOD TO CUT PEOPLE’S HEAD TONIGHT! FOR THE LAST TIME I’M SAYING TO YOU, I – AM – NOT – STUPID.

But of course, I let that thought pass by because there is no use—these kids are unstoppable.

“If you are really sorry for what happened, don’t sulk down and be gloomy—instead do your best to show uncle you’re worth not firing for the next 24 hours” Maeri folded her arms.

I didn’t know these kids know how to talk like this—like adults, yes—grown-ups. Trust me, they are like Joon.

“Here’s your chance stupid” Maru elbowed me and motioned towards the shop. Joonmyeon held Myungsoo by the hand and went out.

“O-oh” I said and straightened myself.

“Come on Dohee, you can do this! Aja fighting!” I whispered to myself and tried to pull of my sleeves.

 

“Good evening Sir, are there things you want me to do?” I asked, my eyes just can’t stop getting bigger, , does it look like I’m to desperate or something?

“No, I think we’re all done for the day” he replied and opened the door of the driver’s seat.

“O-okay” I said and opened the door for Maeri, Maru and Myungsoo.

“Aren’t you coming?” Maeri asked and Joonmyeon lowered the window on the front seat.

“Oh, no—I’ll just walk, the pla-a-ce whe-e-ere I’m staying is ju-ust nea—r” of course that was a lie!

“Are you sure?” Maru raised a brow, trying to provoke the angry Dohee in me.

“Y-yeah” I tried to convince them

“Okay” Mr. Kim said and then the windows were back up and I saw my reflection. Yeah right, still with these Hello Kitty clips.

“Bye stupid” Maeri said and closed the door.

“Bye” I waved and saw them disappear—SO FAST. Did they really hate me that much to want to get away from me right away?

 

I scratched my head as I battle with my own self.

“ Dohee, you could’ve just joined them!”

“WHY DO I HAVE TO BE THAT RECKLESS AFTER ALL?!”

“IT’S YOUR FAULT YOUNG LADY!”

“YOU !”

“IF YOU JUST HADN’T BEEN THAT STUPID, YOU COULD STILL HAVE A RIDE HOME!”

“AHHHHHHHHHH, WHATEVER, IT’S YOUR FAULT ANYWAYS”

“NO, BUT HE SAID STEPPED ON IT!! SO I JUST STEPPED ON IT!”

“YOU HEAD! YOU COULD HAVE  JUST SAID YES!”

“ARRRRRGGGGH!”

Wait, am I going crazy? Why am I shouting to myself in the middle of the road?! Aish, I’m totally losing it.

I walked towards wherever my feet are taking me—anyways, yes, I haven’t seen a bus stop yet so I guess I have to keep walking.

While I was walking, trying to kick stones because I’m really really tired. Suddenly Mr. Kim’s reflection appeared out nowhere in my head. . Yes. Damn. Why did he cross my mind just now?

Well, if we consider how good looking is he, I mean—with that look—that face—those eyes—wow. Wait, what am I talking about? NO! DOHEE! STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM! THIS IS NOT NORMAL!

WAIT NO, I’M NOT GOING CRAZY?

WAIT, IT’S JUST NORMAL TO BE PHYSICALLY ATTRACTED, WE CALL IT—UHM—YES, HORMONES—RAGING HORMONES! CALM DOWN AND THINK OF—OF—OF—SUITS—- NO- UHM- WATER—OH NO!

I ended up thinking about him for the next 45 minutes. Damn, why? , no!

“YAH DOHEE-AH! GET YOURSELF STRAIGHT! STOP THINKING OF HIM!” I yelled and stopped in the middle of the pavement. Aish. This is enough, I should really think of other things.

Wait, where am I already?

I nervously turned around and check the place. “Where is this?”

, can my life get any better than this?

I scratched my head. “Where the am I?” I cursed under my breath.

Then suddenly out of nowhere—not literally, a car appeared in front of me, this might come from behind (obviously).

I stood still. Why is this car trying to park in the middle of a highway?

Then the windows rolled down and oh no! I think I’m imagining things!

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I shouted and pointed at the driver.

“You?! Yah! Why are you there? You were just in my head—how did you—” I slapped my face, “YAH! You’re just dreaming! Hallucinating!” I told myself but then the driver spoke. OH no! I’ve gotten really worse!

“Get in” it was a demand that made my veins freeze and heart stopped pumping blood.

I looked at him, blinked my eyes and rubbed it. IS HE REALLY KIM JOONMYEON? IS HE REALLY INFRONT OF ME?

“Do I still have to open the door for you?” he sounded pissed. Oh, I think it’s really him.

“O-oh” I said and went inside.

The moment I went it, I swear, I wished I didn’t. The car smelled just like how it smelled but I didn’t notice how good it smelled and omg, he’s my boss why am in his car at this time of the day? I mean this is against company rules, I mean—why am I so awkward? Why am I cold? , why am I shaking?!

SOMEBODY HELP ME!

WAIT, MAYBE THEY MADE ME DRINK POTIONS! AND MAYBE I’LL FALL INTO A DEEP SLEEP AND THE NEXT THING I KNOW, I’LL BE IN HELL OR SOMEWHERE. OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I SHOULD GET OUT OF HERE!

“Oh noooooo! Help meee!” I screamed, not realizing I was inside my boss’s car. . Why do I have to be so connected with my inner self?

“What are you doing?!” he said and stopped the car immediately.

I looked at him, half panting. Yes, . What was I doing?

“N-o-t-hii-ing I – I w-as ju-ust sl-ee-ep t-a-alk-i-iing” not again. Not another lame lie.

He looked at me annoyingly. His stare trying to tie a rope around my neck.

Stop it please Mr. Kim or I’ll explode.

He rolled his eyes, “Where is your house?” he asked and breathed deeply, starting to drive again.

 I gulped, “Sa-au-na-a” damn, why do I stutter?

“A sauna?” he asked, trying to check if he heard it right.

“Yes” I nodded, the only thing I could do right. I was sweating like a pig again. This is really embarrassing.

“Where?” he asked coolly.

“Near the Damsong park” I said and he continued driving. I didn’t dare look at him because he was still dazzling even when it’s already late. I just hate myself for having these sets of hormones. They are so hyper I mean my stomach just can’t stop from fluttering.

DOHEE, HAVE MERCY ON YOURSELF THIS IS SUICIDE!

I tried shouting to myself but it was no use.

I can’t help but smile at the thought that—perhaps—just perhaps did he come back for me?

 

 


Author's note:

Wow! HAHAHAHAHA, Lucky Dohee, being sent home by Kim Joonmyeon! :-) EEEEEhhht. HAHAHA.
Anyways, thank you for reading guys! Kamsahamnida! Saranghae!

If there are errors, that's because I'm stupid. HAHAAHAHAHAHA but thanks for patiently waitng for my updates and reading this Fanfic :-)

I'm so touched! ^^ anyways.

Have a good day you