39

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

How do you cook dinner?

For goodness sake, I’ve only had cup noodles for dinner these past months.

I crouched in my corner of the office trying to figure out what to prepare for dinner. I bet instant noodles are okay.

I was caught in the moment thinking of what to cook, I forgot Mr. Do was around.

“Dohee are you okay?” he asked, making me come to my senses. My previous desk was given to him so there were three of us inside Mr. Kim’s office now. Thank goodness, it wouldn’t be so awkward.

“Uhh… yeah?”

“You’re spacing out. What’s going on?”

“Dinner…”

“You wanna go eat somewhere?”

“No, actually…” I stood up and faced him. “Mr. Do’s niece and nephews are coming and I have to prepare their dinner.” I puffed air from my cheeks lazily and rested my chin on my table. Mr. Do gave me a sympathetic nod.

“What do you have in mind?” he asked me and walked near.

I shrugged my shoulders. “Noodles?”

He narrowed his eyes. “Don’t tell me you mean instant.”

I gave him an embarrassed look, squirming my face and then nodded slowly.

“Oh gosh.” He shook his head and rolled his eyes. “You, girl, better come with me.”

“Go where?”

 

 

I was expecting Mr. Do to take me to a grocery store and start lecturing me about the types of lettuces or something but I ended up in the hotel’s kitchen.

Woah, this is impressive!

Everyone was roaming around the place, carrying this, carrying that. The kitchen is one hell of a busy place.

“What are we doing here?” I asked.

Mr. Do tapped my shoulder and pointed at a tall, handsome looking guy wearing a tall white cap—oh I guess that must be the head chef.

“What about him?”

Mr. Do looked at me and rolled his eyes again. “Him? Well, he’s one person who can help you well with your dinner dilemma.” He replied and smirked a little. I shot him a look and shook my head a little. “You’re creeping me out.”

“Wait here, I’ll just check if he’s got a little time to spare.”

I nodded and Mr. Do left.

This is creepy, I can’t imagine Joon working in a place like this. It’s like one level above hell or something—there’s fire everywhere.

After a short time, Mr. Do came back with a sad face. “He’s busy, their trying to pull-off thein international dinner buffet.”

“Oh.” I replied, looking at the chef and his very serious expression while chopping the garlic. Wow. Such passion. Hahaha.

We scurried outside and I was left to the only choice aside from instant noodles. Take-out.

“Don’t worry Mr. Do, I think I can handle this.” I told him while we went back up to the office.

“Sure bet you can dear.” He replied sarcastically.

“Don’t worry, I’m not preparing instant noodles. Relax.” I replied defensively. Aish, I wish I could have fairy godmother for this ugh.

He eyed me and then we laughed while he opened the door. But our laughter was cut short when we saw Mr. Kim back on his table.

 He saw us but his eyes went back to his monitor directly. Fine, whatever.

“The kids are waiting at Jaejoong’s apartment, fetch them after you’re done settling down.”

Was he talking to me or... was he talking to Mr. Do or… oh, right, that’s me, the all-around errand girl.

“Where do I bring them?”

“Try bringing them in China.” He replied, not sparing me a look, he was now checking on some papers.

W-what on earth are you talking about.

“E-e-excuse me, C-china?” I asked, bugged by his answer. Mr. Kim just shot me a look and sighed. “I clearly told you a while ago they are coming over to my house, so why ask such obvious question?”

“But why can’t you just answer a very simple question?” I shot, and hurriedly added, “And I asked you politely by the way.”

He sighed, dropping all the folders on his desk and faced me.

I heard Mr. Do clear his throat and we both turned to his direction. Maybe he was feeling the tension rising. “I-I’m going now. I still have to stop by the hospital. See you tomorrow.” He bowed, awkwardly standing by the door.

“Bye Mr. Do, be careful on your way. See you tomorrow.” I replied and waved. Mr. Kim nodded saying: “See you tomorrow.”

When the door shut, he darted me a pissed look and talked.

“Get them and bring them over to my house.” He said with utter annoyance in his voice and then returned to what he was doing.

“There you go and you had to be so sarcastic over one simple question.” I whispered to myself but I think he heard it since I hear his nerves crack.

“I have to be sarcastic because people are just too dumb.”

“Watch your adjectives mister.” I shot and glared at him. He turned his head towards me.

“Wow, it amazes me seeing you so talkative already and proactive. Is that the side effects of lying? You are livelier now in conversations. Impressive. ” He remarked, of course, with utter sarcasm. What do you expect? Duh.

Oh you and your sarcasm Kim Joonmyeon.

“Whatever. Just can’t move on eh?” I shot and folded my arms.

“Woah, since when did you become so brave and bold?”

“Since the second you fired me.”

“But you’re under me again.”

“Nope. Correction, I’m your co-project head manager, not under you dear, we’re on the same level. I’m beside you.”

His face dropped at the realization. Waaah.

“Speechless?”

“Just not ready for my future working with a person I can’t trust.”

“Oh no, it’s okay, it’s not your trust I’m carrying, it’s your grandfather’s.” I smirked at him. Hah! Caught you there you !

He fell silent. See? Don’t you dare stand up against me! Waaaa!

“W-where do you get all these guts to talk back? Want to be fired again?”

“You’re not my boss anymore.”

“Oh but you’re my maid.”

“Then fire me.” It would be my pleasure. I hate doing errands for you.

 “Well, I honestly would like to but that would make life easier for you and I don’t really like that idea.”

I glared at him longer this time, meeting his overconfident sarcastic eyes.

“I’m going.” I said and broke the intense eye contact. I grabbed my bag and walked out.

“Crazy gorilla!” I said upon entering the empty elevator. Ugh, he’s making a career out of making my life a living hell. He’s kinda good with these things, is he like this to everyone he meets?

I hope he slips of the floor and break all his legs. Ugh.

 

 

 

 “I’m so sorry, I kind got here late. The traffic was so heavy.” I said when Jaejoong opened the door. He was just from the grocery store and bought with him two paper bags full of food and whatnots. “Dohee?” It was Maeri. She noticed me first.

I took the taxi going to Jaejoong’s apartment so it took me quite a lot of time to get there since we were stuck in the highway.

“Hey there ugly.” And her brothers followed. Ugh, what a way to greet your elder.

“H-hey…” little devils. I acted excited to meet them but seriously, who are we kidding?

When I walk to where they were, I saw them with Hana Kitagawa in Jaejoong’s living room. They were watching Pororo or something I wasn’t quite sure what it was since I was in a hurry.

Hana turned her head and looked a little surprised but not as surprised as me. Wait, what is she doing here?

“H-Hi.” I bowed awkwardly and she bowed towards me. “I-I was sent by Joonmyeon to get the kids.” I explained. “Oh let me get their things for you.” She said eyeing me suspiciously.

I went to the kitchen and eyed Jaejoong strongly.

“What?” he said with a mischievous grin. “What’s she doing here?” I said in an agitated whisper. Remember Hana Kitagawa? And remember her fiancé?

Oh my goodness, what is Jaejoong up to this time?

He playfully shrugged and turned his back against me. I was so disturbed looking at him. Ew, he’s a creep.

He was unpacking the things that he bought when a box of fell on the floor accidentally when he got a box of soy milk.

My eyes grew bigger and looked at him in shock. “What are you even thinking this girl is engaged!?” I hit him in the stomach. “Ow.” He exclaimed in a whisper and bent down to get the . He hid it inside his back pocket.

“Well, not anymore tomorrow.” He winked. I shook my head in disbelief. What in the world is this guy trying to do with is life?

“Why are you even…oh my gosh, I can’t believe this. WHY in the world Jaejong?!” I asked him in disbelief, of course in hushed tones. “If she finally realizes how good I am in bed then surely.” He added confidently.

My mouth flung open as I stare at him in amazement. “How could you possible say those kinds of stuff in my face? Creeper!” I shot, hitting his arm with my fist. Jaejoong grinned and then shrugged his shoulders. How vulgar can he get? Ugh ert.

“Here are their bags.” I turned to look for the gentle voice and saw Hana.

She brought an awful lot of “bags” with her. My eyes widened in shock as I try to comprehend how it could be possible for three small kids to have such bags with them.

“Oh wow, those are a lot. Let me help you.” I approached and helped her with some.

“I believe you know each other?” Jaejoong called.

“Uhh…” I stood frozen on my spot. Not literally… she knows me by the name Bae Suzy, all thanks to this erted Jaejoong.

“I-I think I remembered her differently…Bae Suzy right?” Hana asked.

Jaejoong and I exchanged looks and then Hana looked confused.

“Dohee, this is Hana, Hana this is Dohee.” Jaejoong said and walked towards us. He put a hand on Hana’s shoulder and pointed at me. “She’s Joonmyeon’s secretary.” Then he stretched his lips into a thin smile. Well not exactly his secretary. Mentally rolling my eyes.

“H-hi, my real name is Hwang Dohee…” I bowed awkwardly at her again and bit my lips.

Hana looked puzzled but then smiled, all those suspicious aura was gone. “Hi, I’m Hana Kitagawa.”

She reached out her hand and I shook it. The kids then followed us in the kitchen asking Jaejoong for yogurt.

“They’ve been spending a month here now.” Jaejoong said opening the fridge and handing them a bottle of yogurt drink.

“A month?” I shockingly turned to Jaejoong.

“Roughly.” He added.

“Woah.” I commented under my breath and looked at all the bags they have.

“But for today, they have to go because I’d be very, very busy.” He winked at me and looked at Hana whose back was against him, she was helping Maru with his straw.

I rolled my eyes at the creep and ert that he was and just tried shrugging it off. I pierced him a don’t-you-ing-dare-do-it-dickhead look.

Hana smiled and then led the kids back to the living room. “Please don’t tell anyone.” Jaejoong suddenly said. “What’s in it for me huh?!” I nudged at him. He narrowed his eyes while thinking of something.

“Free dinner?”

“You’ll cook?”

“Sure thing.”

! Jackpot!

“Hmmm, let me think of it…” I pretended to think it over. “Okay, deal!”

“Yes! That’s my girl!”

I shot him a death glare. Nobody calls me their girl.

“O-out there in the living room…” he added then grinned. I nodded my head in approval and carried the bags with me, which all by the way were animals. “I give you half an hour to cook us dinner before the gorilla—I mean before their uncle starts looking for them.”

“Hah, got you there. Gorilla huh?”

I shot him a look. “Want me to tell him about this?”

His face straightened. “I think we’re clear about this.” I said and walked towards the living room. Hahaha!

 

 

Ahjumma was serving rice juice to a customer when another customer rang the bell. “Coming.” She shouted and the bowed to the customer. She hurried to the entrance when she saw a familiar man standing in front of her holding out a bouquet of flower.

“H-Hi.” The man said abruptly when she stepped out.

“G-goseon?”

“I hope I chose the right flowers this time?”

She looked at the bouquet and can’t help but feel warm inside but she made sure it doesn’t reach her face but it was too late, her cheeks started to turn red.

“I-I didn’t order flowers.”

“I’m giving this as a gift from me to you, Sarang.”

Ahjumma stared blankly at his face in shock. Why is he here? Holding a bouquet?

“And I’m sorry I’m a bit late.” He added and handed the flowers to her. Ahjumma didn’t know what went inside her but her hands received them. “T-t-thank you...they’re pretty…”

Kim Goseon laughed, suddenly feeling embarrassed. He scratched his head. “Well, not as pretty as you…”

Ahjumma’s eyes widened in shock and was left speechless.

Oh Sherlock, I shouldn’t have said that was too greasy.

“O-oh, yeah, that’s all, I have to get going,” Kim Goseon said immediately, wanting to escape the embarrassment.

Ahjumma can only nod in shock.

And Kim Goseon walked to his car punching himself for a million times.

 

 

 

“Here’s the mushroom soup and that one right there contains the fried chickenn.” Jaejoong said while packing the other side dishes. Didn’t know he could cook well, reminds me of someone.

“Learned this from a friend of mine.” He added when he saw me looking amazed at his dishes.

“Who?” I asked nonchalantly. “Joon.”

“Joon?”

“Yes, Im Joon—he’s a really great chef.”

“You mean Ha Im Joon. You’re friends with him?”  Well that figures the resemblance, I hope the taste would too.

“Ha Im Joon whatever, do you know him?”

“Yes, he’s been my best friend but he’s been so busy lately, haven’t heard from him in a long while.”

“Well, that’s unfortunate… but what can we do that’s life.” He remarked while finishing off the rice bowls.

Ouch?! That’s life? Uhhh, I kinda miss Joon a lot now. I mean, yeah sure enough, Jaewan’s here but I mean Joon should be too—it has been a very, very long time since us three hung out together.

“Well...whatever, I guess that is so.” I sighed and rolled my eyes at the fact that he might be engaged now with a girl I don’t think he deserves.

“Now here’s your dinner and I hope you could exit fast, yes?” He smiled with a hint of sarcasm and a hint of “hurry up because we’re going do have a night to remember”.

I rolled my eyes, getting the code and shook my head in disbelief as I went to towards the door where Hana and the kids were waiting.

“We’re taking that out?” Maeri asked in a high tone. Ugh, watch that sass princess.

I looked at her unable to say anything because how do I explain that he’s uncle is going to bang Hana tonight? I can’t. Never.

I tried to pull the patient-Dohee face and bent down.

“Let’s eat it at your Uncle Joonmyeon’s house.” I said and patted her head. She looked at me with unfeeling eyes, rolled it then looked away. Okay, missy….whatever, I don’t like you too.

I stood back up and face Hana. “I-I guess we’ll be going now…” I smiled a little while she handed me their bags. Woah, there are lots of things that I’m bringing today. How am I even going to reach the ground floor?

“Yes, well then see you next time Dohee.” She smiled and bowed politely. I bowed back and so did the kids. They kissed their uncles farewell and hugged him then did it to Hana also.

I was carrying Maru behind me, two large sized animal sling bags and another large box for the dinner. I held Maeri and Myungsoo with both my hands while Jaejoong escorted us to the elevator.

“Thanks for the dinner.” I told him then timely, the elevator opened.

“No problem.” Jaejoong replied.

We went in and before the elevator door closed, he added a few words. “Tell Joonmyeon I don’t want to be disturbed, I’d be very, very busy.” He grinned mischievously and the elevator door closed. I sighed in annoyance and I can’t help but close my eyes in disbelief. It’s like I’m experiencing a personal experience to a prequel to a movie or something. Ewww, like I’m still 22… people.

“Why are you rolling your eyes Dohee?” Maru asked. Ooops, I didn’t realize my reflection was so clear on the elevator doors.

“W-well…” Because I’m so disturbed with your uncle.

“I’m so…tired.” I finished off and then led them outside and we waited for a taxi cab. It was fortunate that there was a line of taxi cabs; it made it faster for us to get one but what took us long enough was getting in. Maeri and Myungsoo are too indecisive as to where to sit. They keep changing seats and I still have to take off the bags from me and then I have to take care of Myungsoo.

But at last, we did settle down. I had to sit in the middle while Maeri and Maru were folding their arms, sitting beside me, looking out the window frowning. What’s the big deal about car seats?!

Myungsoo was sitting on my lap, playing with his little dragon toy.

 

When we arrived at Mr. Kim’s house, his car was already parked in the garage. Oh he’s here.

 I hurried to the door steps as I ran after the suddenly energetic kids. “Uncle Joonmyeon!” they called out and ran towards the door. Myungsoo wanted to run too, but was stuck behind me. The door opened and surely, the glorifying and sadly underserving godly face of Kim Joonmyeon was flashing in front of us. He bent down to hug Maeri and Maru and then his eyes landed on me.

“What took you so long?” he asked in irritation.

“Jaejoong cooked us dinner.” I told him and held up the bag containing the food.

“I was too clear a while ago that you cook dinner.”

I just rolled my eyes and sighed because I was too damn tired to argue with him and the bags are so heavy they are ripping my body into pieces.

“Uncle Joonmyeott,” Myungsoo called out and I had to get him off of my back.

“Oh, hi there Myungsoo-ah, how’s my favorite baby boy?”

Myungsoo laughed as Joomyeon playfully threw him up in the air then caught him.

“Do you have ice creamss?” he asked, Joonmyeon brought him down to stand and patted his head. “I don’t have one inside the fridge but if you want,” he looked up at me, “Dohee can get you after we eat dinner.”

I glared at him. What the hell?! The convenience store is too far away, what are you even—

“Yey!” Myungsoo exclaimed and ran after his siblings in the living.

“Wow. I didn’t know hell looked so modern now with high ceilings and glass walls.” I remarked as I drop my shoes on the rack. I was still struggling with the bags but I don’t expect this devil to help me because that’s not going to happen. Nu-uh, never in this life, or the next.

“Oh don’t forget, hell is also now equipped with a high end heater and air conditioning system plus a new resident.”

I’m not even surprised if he has heard me because I’m just so tired being so defenseless against him.

I stared at him.

“You don’t remember? Liars go to hell right? Haha, then welcome to hell. Have a pleasant stay.” He smirked darkly and then left.

Aish!!!!

I just wanted to throw my shoes on his head but I’m trying to calm myself down.

I went directly to the dining area to set up the food while the four of them were playing in the living room.

If only I had a bottle of poison with me, I won’t even doubt putting it on his food.

“Dinner’s ready!” I called out and then Maeri came in running, then Myungsoo  and Maru came together. Mr. Kim didn’t come in , he was talking to someone on the phone.

They all sat down while I had to awkwardly stand in front of them not knowing what to do. Should I sit with them or should I watch them eat?

What do I do exactly?

We had maids at home but when it comes to cooking my mother was always the one cooking and the maids were just standing on the sides waiting for our orders.

So I ing did what our maids did.

Stand in the side while I look at them.

The nostalgic smell of chicken and gravy brought me back to when I was a kid and my mother would serve it hot While me and my brother would excitedly get the wings but she would stop us because we still had to wait for the elders before we could grab our shares. I miss those moments. Sigh.

“Are you just going to stand there ugly?” Maeri called out.

I came back to my senses and saw four pairs of eyes looking at me.

“W-w-what?”

“Feed us.” Maeri said, pointing at the food.

“Right…” oh, hell and its minions.

“Uh… what do you want?” I asked, trying to smile pleasingly but maybe failed because Maeri’s expression wasn’t getting any better.

“Soup first, main course and then dessert,” Maru said, “Didn’t you know that?”

I looked at him in shock. How can you talk like that to me! Of course I know that I was asking what you wanted to eat first.

I sighed and resigned to the thought of letting it pass since they are still kids but I just can’t believe they talk to me like that.

“Here you go princess Maeri and prince Maru.” I said and placed a bowl of mushroom soup on their placemats. And then I turned to Myungsoo, “Well as for you your royal highness  Myungsoo, here’s a potato and squash puree with mushroom soup—enjoy.” Myungsoo doesn’t really like rice and chicken so Jaejoong had to prepare potato and squash puree for him.

I gave each one of them a mushroom soup and a small toast.

“Jalmugetsumnida.” They all chorused but the kids were still mispronouncing the word, nevertheless I think they have improved.

I sat beside Myungsoo’s baby chair and aided him while eating.

“I want chicken.” Maeri ordered. I stood up again and gave her a chicken wing, “Here you go princess.” Of hell.

“It has bones.” She complained, pointing innocently at it. I sighed deeply, trying to take it all in.

“I want chicken too.” Maru said. I looked at him and faked a smile.

“Don’t worry your highnesses; I’ll take the bones out.”  So I started to slice the chicken and deboned the wings for them to eat easily.

“Here are your boneless chicken wings.” I said and distributed them an even proportion of distorted chicken wings on their plates.

 I was about to sit down to rest when I saw Myungsoo playing with his food and the puree was all over his face and he was washing his hands with the mushroom soup.

“Myungsoo! What are you doing?!” I exclaimed in surprise and hurriedly attended to him. I ran to the kitchen counter and pulled a lot of kitchen towel sheet with me and ran back to the dining area.

I heard Maeri and Maru laughing.

I got him out from his chair and put him on my chair and started to wipe his face. “What are you…” I wanted to reprimand him but his eyes were so big and cute and innocent that it made me feel guilty and that it was my fault that I didn’t keep an eye on him.

“Dohee, water please.”

 I wasn’t even done attending to Myungsoo and here is princess Maeri making orders again.

“Dohee, can I have more chicken wings?” It was Maru.

I looked at the three of them and wondered who I would serve first. Oh, , I’m about to go crazy!

 

 

Finally, the kids were done eating and I was getting their plates to wash when Joonmyeon came storming inside the dining room.

“By the way, what’s with all these bags?” he asked, alarmingly.

I looked at him and tried to figure what he was up to but before I could answer he spoke again.

“Don’t tell me they are sleeping over.”

“Uh…” I hung up, not completely omprehending the situation.

“Uh! I clearly told Jaejoong they’ll just have dinner here!”” he protested and went outside.

Oh my gosh! What is he doing. I followed him outside and saw him grab his car keys.

What the hell.

I clearly remembered Jaejoon telling me not to disturb him! ! ! !

 

“W-w-where are you going Mr. Kim?” I asked. He darted me a look and went on to the door.

“I’m going to Jaejoong’s!” he exclaimed and grabbed his coat. Oh no!!!!

“W-w-wait a minute!” I tried to stop him.

A thought suddenly flashed into my head of Jaejoong and Hana doing it. Oh my gosh, what has he done to my brain!

“What?! He turned to me.

“Ummmmmm…..” what the do I say?’

“I-I…y-y-ou  can’t go there!”

“Why not?!”

“B-b-because….” You just ing can’t because you may see him having and worse with an engaged woman!

“I’m going.” He said firmly and opened the door.

“Holy !” I hissed in a whisper and followed him outside. He was about to take the stairs but thankfully I ran fast and blocked him. I spread my hands sideways and looked up, now he was hovering over me.

“What the hell are you doing?”

“I-I… Ummm, t-t-here’s…” I ing don’t know what to say.

His eyebrows raised and he looked so pissed already.

“Step aside Dohee.” He ordered, his eyes narrowing.

But I didn’t listen.

He stepped on the other side so I followed him and blocked him again.

“What are you doing?!” he asked angrily and stepped on the other side again and I followed but just when I thought I could stand on my own (oh baby these memories came crashing through oh, , that was a song anyways erase that), my foot slipped because I stepped on something, causing me to lose my balance and fall on my back but thankfully, a hand caught my waist and pulled me up.

I was speechless as tried to register what just had happened in my mind. Holy .

My face was resting in his chest and my body was enveloped in his arms. Holy .

I slowly looked and met his equally gaze which I couldn’t even describe. There goes his vanilla scent again, and his perfect angelic face and his sturdy arms around me and and … what the hell am I thinking again?! I directly moved down one step from the stairs and felt my cheeks burning. . He cleared his throat but before he could move I started to speak again.

“I—I, m-mean, y-you c-can’t go b-because…” I awkwardly mumbled, not being able to meet his gaze. “T-the…” what the hell do I say? “Y-you’re…E-e-EXO!” I exclaimed. Right! If I used EXO as the reason, he would  probably listen.

“EXO what?!” he asked curiously, his brows twisting curiously.

“I—uh— t-t-they called…”

“Then why didn’t you tell me?!” he exclaimed.

I closed my eyes so that it wouldn’t be so obvious that I was lying.

“I—uh—because I was so busy, i-i-it got out from my head.” I explained then he bent down and passed under my right arm and then walked towards his car. I turned around to follow him but then I slipped on the stairs because I stepped on something.

“Ouch!”  I hissed in pain as I tried to get up and realized I stepped on Myungsoo’s dragon toy; he must’ve dropped it a while ago.

Ahhhhhh, my chest hurts. I dropped facing the ground for goodness’ sake!

“Hey what are you doing?!” I heard Joonmyeon say, hearing his fast footsteps in my direction.

I wanted to get up but it was really a painful fall. “Why are you always getting yourself in accidents?”

I looked up at him and said. “C-chanyeol said it was an emergency.”

“What else did he say?”

I was silent for a while trying to think of another lie? Ugh, why do I always lie?!

“…t-t-that y-you s-should go there as soon as possible.” I said.

I heard him sigh deeply and then said. “Make sure the kids go to bed early. I’m going to our dorm.”

I heard his footsteps walking away then eventually his car started, the gates opened and it closed and my job is so done. I’m really going to kill Jaejoong!!!!

 

 

I washed the dishes after going inside while the kids were playing with their toys in the living room. “Dohee!” Maeri called. I hurriedly dried my hands on the kitchen towel and ran to the living room.

“What’s that Maeri?” I asked.

“Call me Princess Maeri, I like it.” She said. UGHHH! I’m like secretly rolling my eyes right now.

“What’s the matter Princess Maeri?”

“I’m sleepy.” She said and yawned.

The sleep. Duh.

“O-okay,” I said, unsure of what to do.

“We have to wash up first.” Maru added, putting down his Robocop toy.

“Oh right!” I said, realizing it.

“Wait a minute I’ll prepare your bath.” I went up and prepared their bath.

 

I thought it  was going smoothly already but  these kids are just so I hyper again.

“Dohee, get us our rubber ducks.” Maru ordered.

“I want more bubbles!” cried Maeri

“Bubblesth!” Myungsoo imitated while moving his hands up and enjoying the bubbles.

Oh god, help me.

“I’m just going to get your rubber ducks, please behave.” I told them and went down to search their bags for their rubber duck and found three rubber duck guns. Wow, kids nowadays are way so different… and scary.

After going in, I handed them each of their rubber ducky guns and knelt before the tub to assist them on cleaning themselves.

“Come on now, it’s getting cold, hurry up so you can go to bed early.” I said but the kids weren’t listening, they just continued on playing. I started to scrub Myungsoo then Maeri started to splash water on me using her rubber ducky gun.

“H-hey, wait.” I said, getting surprised by the coldness of the water. Then she laughed.  Before I could even speak again, it was Maru’s turn to fire on me. Holy sh—so this is how you want to do it huh?!

“Yah!” I exclaimed and then they started to spurt water from their guns in my direction and I was getting wet. They all were laughing and Myungsoo joined his older siblings.

“Rarrrr!” I roared and acted like I was Godzilla and we started to play with water.

 

 

 

Meanwhile in Jaejoong’s apartment:

A metallic silver phone was vibrating and ringing on the coffee table in his living room, the television was still on and showing another episode of Pororo but no one seemed to hear it.

The kitchen was quiet. Nobody was there too.

The bedroom was also as peaceful, the sheets were still folded and neatly hugging the bed and the pillows were arranged but on the cream white carpet were a trail of clothing leading to the shower.

A black V-neck shirt.

A flannel blouse.

A pair of jeans.

A red skirt.

A bra.

A pair of boxers.

A .

An engagement ring.

Then the shower rug.

The shower door was closed but there are silent moans and water falling from the shower and the glass wall was shaking, like someone was pushing it continuously and there was passion and love and a lot of moans.

 

 

After playing with water, the kids were very much exhausted. They changed into their pajamas and I had to wash myself too and changed. After I was finished setting up their bed with the comforter and the bed sheet that they want (which has prints of Mickey and Minnie Mouse), I called them to climb up. Myungsoo settled in between Maeri and Maru and I the pulled the covers up to their chests. I the lamp on the side table and then used the remote control to turn off the lights in the room. “Goodnight Princess Maeri, Prince Myungsoo and Prince Maru.” I said and I silently walked away, tiptoeing my way to the door when I heard someone move.

“Read us a story.” Maeri demanded despite her sleepy face.

Well, just when I thought I was going to have a rest.

I turned around and saw her sitting up.

“Oh, a-a s-story?” I asked and walked back. “Wait a minute, I’ll just get your story book in your bag.” I said.

“We didn’t bring the story book.”

“What? But we don’t have a story book here…” I told them.

“Just tell us a story or read to us until we can fall asleep.” Maeri suggested. She moved to the center to give me space so I slipped in and rested my back on the headboard.

“What stories would you like?”

“Just speak.”

And so I did.

“Well, when I was a kid, I used to have this very huge tree house behind our house and I would go there every day and play with my brother,” I started and 3 pairs of sleepy eyes were darted on me.

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile in Joonmyeon’s car:

 

Joonmyeon contacted Chanyeol and clipped an earpiece to his ear.

“Hey, Hyung, you called!” Chanyeol greeted excitedly over the phone.

“What’s the emergency about?”

“Emergency? There’s no emergency…” Chanyeol replied.

Joonmeon’s brows rose.

“But D-dohee said that you ….” Joonmyeon fell silent when he realized what Dohee did.

What the, why did I even believe her—

“Anyways, I don’t know if I should tell you this but…” Chanyeol paused and Joonmyeon waited for him to speak but most of is thoughts were on Dohee and how he’s going to kill her when he gets back home.

“Hyejin visited the dorm.”

Joonmyeon suddenly stopped his car, thankfully, no one was behind him. He then parked it aside and spoke to Chanyeol. “What did she do there?”

“She was looking for you but I told her that you weren’t around.”

Joonmyeon fell silent. “R-really?” he said, a lower volume, trying to register the event s in his head.

“Yeah, she brought food so we took her in and chatted with her for a while. I hope you’re not mad.”

“No! I-I-I m-mean, no, of course I’m not mad,” Joonmyeon said, “Are you in the dorm?”

“It’s our break so everyone went home.” Chanyeol replied.

“Right. Anyways, I’m going to hang up, have a good vaccation.” Joonmyeon ended the call and turned the car around.

 

 

When he reached the house, the lights were already turned off, only the lamps were on and some lights that led to the stars, it was also silent but the silence didn’t convince him to calm down. He entered his room and saw four sleeping heads on his bed.

“What the—” he walked closer and saw the calm and peaceful faces of his niece and nephews and Dohee—who looked so different when she’s awake. They four of them were under a Mickey and Minnie Mouse blanket. But it wasn’t enough to distract him from Dohee’s face.

Her lashes were quite long, her nose was sharp and beautiful, her lips were a bit pale and some of her hair fell on her face.

Joonmyeon didn’t know why he was becoming so nervous just by looking at her peacefully looking at her but he also can’t stop gazing at her. The strands of hair which fell on her face were so distracting that out of nowhere, Jooonmyeon lifted his fingers to tuck Dohee’s hair in.

He lifted them slowly and as his fingers approached Dohee’s face, closer and closer… Dohee moved her head and then he nervously stepped back and cleared his throat. She woke up and saw Joonmyeon standing a meter away.

“O-oh, I-I’m sorry, I slept.” Dohee said, scratching her head and then slowly slipped out of the bed.

Joonmyeon didn’t reply, he didn’t know what to say, all those anger he held inside his car was washed away.

He settled into nodding his head and saying: Go to bed now Dohee.

Dohee went out of his room and into her bed, falling fast asleep because it has been a very, very long day.

 

 

 

Author’s note:

Hello. I am so sorry for the very long hiatus but tada—another update. I know it may seem a bit dragging HUHUHU and long, but thank you for reading anyway! I appreciate it a lot and I hope you have a good day everyone!

I hope you liked this update and if you didn’t, I promise that I’ll try my best next time.

 

Kem.