17

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

“WHAT took you so long?” Mr. Kim asked darkly in a hushed manner, looking like a hungry lion wanting to devour his own specie.

A part of me wants to pour acid on his face and crush him to death but I bowed down and felt really apologetic too, recalling what just happened an hour ago.

 

{ Flashback}

It is Monday again and there’s just a lot of things to do for the whole week.

I’m currently checking the newly delivered linens for this month. It’s time to replace the old ones.

Geez, this hotel is really classy. I thought to myself as I feel the soft and silky texture.

I felt a bit relieved knowing Mr. Kim isn’t going to be present for the whole week because it would make me feel little not in hell. You know what I mean?

I was conversing with the head chambermaid when my phone rang.

“Can you excuse me for a while?”

 “Of course Ma’am” The chambermaid smiled and bowed.

I looked at the screen. Well—can you guess who it was?

Yup, you’re right. The gorilla.

I breathed and collected myself before answering.

“Good morning Mr. Kim, may I help you Sir?”

“I left a black folder in one of the drawers of my table. Deliver it to me in—”

There were a lot of strange sounds in the background like he was just so busy doing some paperworks.

He paused and sounded like he was talking to someone.

“No, just get the black folder in the drawer and deliver it straight to the building”

“O-okay Sir, the building you mean the building I went to last Satur—” I wasn’t able to finish my sentence.

“YES! HURRY AND—”

Okay, so we see Mr. Gorilla is an hurry.

“Hi Dohee! I’d like to have coffee!” a voice in the background said, I rolled my eyes. “Err” there goes the idiots again. If they aren’t handsome as I would’ve punch them by now.

“Guys, will you hurry and fix yourselves up?” I heard Mr. Kim shout

Everyone was hissing the background and Mr. Kim continued to talk.

“Get coffee on your way here”

“Okay Sir, copy that, I’ll be there in—”

I looked at my watch and checked the soonest time possible.

“30 minutes” I said

“Make it 20 minutes, Hurry”

He hung up.

 

WTF? Again? Is he kidding me? Does he see me as a superhero or something for him to expect me to arrive that soon?

“ARGGHGHGHG!” I groaned on the spot not realizing there are lots of chambermaids looking at me.

I bit my lip and rolled my eyes. Uh, Dohee can you try to live your life without embarrassment?

I manage to pull a smile and looked at them. “I’m sorry butI— I—I have to get going”

“Please do change the linens already, they’re already good to go!” I shouted back before I finally exited the scene.

On my heels, I ran as fast as I could to the 30th floor. I regretted taking the elevator at this time of day.  It had to stop over every floor.

Finally, I arrived at the 30th floor.

Ting.

The door opened and I hurried out only to be met by Mr. Do.

“Good morning Dohee~” he greeted.

I didn’t have time to entertain him at this moment but I managed to wave and say good morning to him while I ran. Before I could enter the door, I looked back at him whose brows were up. “You have a lot of explaining to do!” I yelled and then entered the office and searched for the black folder.

“Okay, black…..folder…where…….are….you….oh.. there you are”

I grabbed it and then got my back. I was about to go the elevator when I remembered a lot of must have been using them so I used the staircase. This is becoming one of my help buddies in times of trouble.

I didn’t bother to drive, I just decided to get a taxi, thankfully I got one fast.

“Where to ma’am?” the driver asked me, I settled in the backseat and closed the door as fast as I could.

“To uh—Starbucks please”

“Okay”

The car started to run.

I looked at my watch and 15 minutes has already passed.

“Um, excuse me Sir but could you step on it a little faster? Because I’m actually running late”

“Miss, you said you’re going to Starbucks, the nearest Starbucks to the hotel is 20-25 minutes away”

“WHAT!?!?” I almost lost my mind. “Why didn’t you tell me that a while ago?!” I asked in frustration, I wanted to cry now.

I tried to breathe and calm down.

“Okay, just turn around and take me to a closer coffee shop”

The taxi driver turned to me with an are-you-kidding-me expression on his face.

“What?” I asked

He rolled his eyes and shook his head in disapproval.

“Could you just—at least drive faster, I’m really really really really in a hurry” I pleaded

The driver did what I told him to do and I swear I could vomit due to the turns.

“Here we are” the driver said and pulled the car.

“Geez, thanks, could you—uh—wait for me? I’ll just be in—”

I glanced at my watch, counting the minutes,

“I’ll be back in five minutes”

I closed the door and checked the store. “Coffee Cats?”

WTF? What kind of café is this? I thought to myself.

I went in and a gazillion of cats flooded in front of me.

“Holy mother of…. Cats” I muttered, my eyes widened. I tried to walk slowly and carefully, making sure that I won’t step on their tails or whatever.

“Hi, may I help you?” a voice echoed across the room.

I looked around, trying to search where the voice comes from. I didn’t see any face.

Where the hell did that voice come from? Oh my gosh, am I imagining things? Is this the effect of not having breakfast?

“Here!” a hand waved at the corner, then a body finally showed up, trying to get up.

From the looks, he was a cheerful man and a cat lover—obviously. His hair was dyed grey and he was skinny and tall.

“Uhm, could I get a cup of brewed coffee? No creamer and sugar just plain coffee”

The guy smiled and stepped carefully towards me and scooping the cats blocking his way and into the chair he just sat on.

“Okay, brewed coffee coming up”

I tried to smile and act like I was okay when in reality, I wanted to burn this place down because there’s just a lot of kittens and cats and this shop smells like kittens and cats and kittens and cats are actually trying to climb onto my body and I don’t know what to freaking do.

“Just stand by, they seem to like you” the guy said and smiled while preparing the cup and setting the coffee machine.

“Uh—I’m actually in  hurry right now so…” I said and ended up speechless in the end when a cat victoriously climbed above my head.

 “Oh, okay, no problem—your coffee will be served in no time… is this for takeout or—oh yes of course take out” the guy blabbered.

I couldn’t move, afraid that the cat my scratch my face which I really value the most in my whole life. Not that I’m vain or what but – I just value my face more than people think.

The cats began to scratch my clothes and encircled their tails on my hands and legs and neck and the cat above my head started to mess with my hair.

AGGGGHHHHHHH~ I screamed internally.

Thankfully, I got out but it took me 10 minute to wait for the coffee.

I looked at my watch. “Oh ! I’m running late!”

I went into the cab and directed him to SM building.  The taxi driver stepped on it.

When we were on our way the taxi driver couldn’t help but ask.

“Are you one of those fans aye?”

“Fans?” I asked, peculiarly. One of those fans? Like, could you elaborate more what type of “those fans” do I belong to?

“The—crazy fan girls who deliver food to male idols early in the morning even though they know the food will only spoil under their hands because no one’s taking it—hahaha, crazy fan girls” he shook his head in disbelief.

I looked at him in the rearview mirror.

“I’m sorry but I’m not a fan” was the only answer I could give.

Yah! What does he think of me? With a very beautiful face like this? Wasting her precious time delivering coffee to those gay mother fckers? Come one! Gimme a break! I’d rather live with cactuses for the rest of my life than be one of those fans who camp out night and day outside the building cheering for gay s.

I tapped my fingers waiting patiently for the taxi to arrive but surprisingly it slowed down in the middle of the highway.

“Wait, why are you slowing down?” I asked anxiously, looking ahead.

“The road is clogged, aish, the road construction is really a pain in the for all the vehicle drivers out there!” the taxi driver groaned

I couldn’t take this anymore. A lot of time has passed by and I’m sure Mr. Kim is really on the verge of terminating me from my job.

“Aigoo! How much do I owe you?!” I asked but the driver didn’t seem to hear me so I voluntarily watched at the meter.

I grabbed money from my wallet and then handed it to the driver.

“What?” he asked in confusion.

I opened the door.

“If I wait, I’d probably be dead me already!” I said and got my things. I started to run with my bag, with a folder and a coffee on my hand. Geeez, can you picture me? Like I’m being a freaking acrobat in here. With all these people on the sidewalk walking, I’m being very careful not to bump or trip or spill the coffee or let the folder slip out.

I ran to a bicycle rent shop and rented a bicycle.

“Are there available bicycles for rent?” I asked the man in the counter

“I’m afraid that kid already rented it” the man pointed to the boy at the corner.

“Really?”

I ran towards the boy and poked him.

“Hey” I tried to act pleasing and smiled.

“What?” the boy answered in a poker face.

Aigoo?! Where are his manners?!??!?!?!

I had no time to argue so I just went on.

“Here’s money, it’s double the price for what you paid, could you lend me the bicycle? Don’t  I’ll just be back in no time! I just really really need to send this to someone”

The boy looked at me indifferently like this à -_-

Literally like that, after five seconds of staring at me poker-facingly (eww, that term does not exist but I don’t know how to describe his face) he said no.

My shoulders sank.

“What?! But I’m paying you double than what you paid for!”

“NO!” the kid refused and rode his back.

I tried to chase him.

“Yah! Come back here, I’ll make it triple then!”

But the kid didn’t listen and he got farther and farther away.

“ASIH! JINJA! REALLY UNIVERSE? REALLY? YOU REALLY WANT ME TO BE FIRED DON’T YOU?!?” I shouted at the top of my lungs.

I stomped back to the bicycle rental shop to get my things when the man in the counter talked.

“I actually have one bicycle left, but it’s on sale” he said, sounding helpful

My eyes glowed and I excitedly went to him.

“Really??!!?!?!?!?”

The man smiled and nodded. “Yes, just wait and let me get it for you”

“OH my gosh! Grandpa you’re the best! You’re my life savior! I’m gonna go back here one day!”

I screamed in happiness. Finally. Finally, I still have a chance to reach Mr. Kim at the building.

Thankfully the bike had a basket installed in front of it and I need not to worry about the things I brought with me.

 

The building was finally now visible. I pedaled faster and I parked my bike beside the back door. Finally, I reached the front step of the backdoor. I was about to press the doorbell when my phone rang.

I grabbed my phone underneath my bag and realized I have 23 missed calls from my boss.

“Oh !” I muttered under my breath and answered the 24th call.

“Hello, Mr. Kim, I’m really sorry that I it took me so long to deliver your folder but I’m already outside the—”

“WHERE ARE YOU! WE ALREADY LEFT FOR THE AIRPORT! LET’S JUST MEET THERE NOW!”  he yelled and then ended the phone.

WTF? DID HE JUST SAY AIRPORT? DID HE JUST MEAN INCHEON AIRPORT? HOW WILL I GET THERE!? HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE RIDING A BIKE TO THE AIRPORT?!

UGHGGGHH! TAKING THIS JOB IS WORSE THAN DYING TO BE HONEST!

Without a minute to waste, I hopped onto my bicycle and pedaled my way to the corner.

I parked my bicycle and decided to wait for a taxi but because there’s a road construction somewhere down the highway, only a few taxi cabs were visible and most of them had passengers.

I groaned in frustration. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I hate my life. I stomped my feet and walked in cicrles not knowing what to do anymore.

And then finally, this pea brain of mine thought of an idea that might just work.

I thought of waving my hand and stopping each car I could see and ask whether they are heading towards the direction to Incheon and ask if they would be kind enough to give me a ride.

It might be embarrassing but it’s better than getting stuck in the streets with a bicycle. Who knows when I’ll arrive there. Maybe by the time, I’ll arrive there, I would probably lose my legs.

Thankfully, there was a black ban that was coming towards my direction. I waved my hands and it stopped.

“Thank goodness!” I shouted

The door of the van opened and I heard a Metallica song in the background, I swear my ears are bleeding right now. The van revealed men with tattoos all over their bodies and piercings all over their faces with matching thick eyeliners and weird standing hair.

“Hey Darling, looking for a ride?” a man said flirtatiously and winked at me.

They looked like frustrated rock stars who didn’t get over their puberty stage at the age of 50.

I didn’t bother to take another look. I automatically turned around and ran as fast as I could and maybe hide behind a bush.

I heard them laughing but I didn’t care to look back. Guess I have to try again.

Finally and thankfully, a couple, with their old red Volkswagen beetle, was kind enough to give me a ride.

I settled myself at the backseat and honestly, it was not easy to climb back because the car was really really small, I had a hard time but if it means that I’m going to have my job at the end of the day, I’ll do anything.

 

(Click here to listen)

The car started to move and there was music playing and the couple banged their heads and seemed to dance on their seats with the song playing. NOW, I’M REALLY CONFUSED.

WTF, is happening in this world? Honestly, I wanted to bust laughing at the scene

At first they seemed to be my life saviors but then the car broke down and we were stuck somewhere in the middle of the highway and the Elvis Presley song ended and another music started and I seriously almost jumped of my seat.

(Click here to listen)

“W-what happened” I asked, surprised by the sudden breakdown noise coming from the car.

“Guess the engine’s starting to heat again” the old man answered and unbuckled his seatbelt. I looked over to his wife but she was magically snoring her way to dreamland. The last time I checked on her she was crazily banging and dancing to Elvis’s Hound dog and now she’s sleeping like a baby.

By looking at it, you could really say she don’t care at all about the car breaking down as long as she still has a freaking husband to drive her home.

But before the old man could go out then the car lowered down.

“I guess those are the tires” the old man smiled uncomfortably at me then hurried out to check his dying car.

NO!  NO! NOT AGAIN! NO JUST PLEASE UNIVERSE JUST LET ME TAKE THIS FREAKING BLACK FOLDER AND COFFEE TO MY BOSS BEFORE HE LEAVES FOR JAPAN! JUST PLEASE!

I closed my eyes and tried to put myself together before I’ll lose it and burn the whole of Korea this instant!

I decided to climb out because obviously this car isnt’t going toto get fixed by the next century.

“Uh—Grandpa I really, really appreciate that you gave me a ride—but I’m really in a hurry, would you mind if I just ride another vehicle?” I asked in all modestly not wanting him to get offended because he was really really kind enough to give me ride, it’s just that everything’s happening in bad timing and o have to catch my boss.

The old man smiled. “Sure, no problem. I’m sorry if I caused you further trouble dear. I hope you’ll still be able to catch your man before he slips away and tell him you love him”

My smile faded and my lips parted.

WTF? Like seriously, WTF? Do I look like a desperate girlfriend trying all the means to catch his boyfriend on the airport? Ew. No way!

Well, there’s the catch sir, if ever in my whole life I’m going to have a boyfriend I wouldn’t be stupid enough to follow him at the airport and stop him. If he chooses to leave me then with that, I’m just fine. There’s a lot of fishes in the sea and it’s never my loss. NEVER!

And besides, I’m not after the love of my life here, I’m after the “HATE” of my life, the villain of my story—my boss—yes, Mr. Kim Joonmyeon. And if there’s anything I’d like to say to him when I catch him there it’s not gonna be “I love you please stay”, I’m gonna punch him and tell him “Here’s you piece of , go and never return!”

Of course, I can’t say this to the old man. So I just breathed my thoughts out and answered him with:

“I’m actually not running after my boyfriend. I’m actually running after my boss. I have to go give him this”

I flashed the black folder in front of the old man, he looked at me.

“Oh, my bad, I thought you were running after the love of your life…. Well, I hope you’ll be able to give the folder to your boss…. Guess your job really means a lot to you”

“Y-yeah, I hope so too” I replied because the realization of how important my job to me is dawned on me.

I’m on my own now, so I have to really survive.

I waited patiently for a vehicle to pass by and fortunately, a truck honked at us.

“Is there a problem?” a man in the passenger seat asked as they pulled over beside us.

The old man looked up and spoke.

“Yeah, see, this girl night here needs a ride to the airport, could you give her a ride? See—she’s really on a hurry”

I was surprised, instead of dealing with his car problems first, he chose to helpm me first intead.

“I—uh—could you give me a ride?” I pleaded.

The man looked a but doubtful at first but then he gave in after I flashed my please-have-mercy-on-e expression.

“Okay, but are you okay sitting at the back?” he asked

“Of course!” I exclaimed and climbed on rapidly but before I could finally get inside the cargo, I looked back to the old man.

“Bye grandpa! Thank you so much for the help!”

Then went inside.

But happiness ended right after I went in the bacl of their cargo truck.

I then realized they were carrying chickens with them.

So there I was sitting with hens on my way to the airport.

I.GIVE.            UP.

All throughoutthe ride I was like: -_-

IT!

AND FINALLY. (Don’t worry this is the last finally for my adventure to Incheon Airport)

The truck arrived and pulled over. I jumped off the truck and waved them goodbye.

“Thank you for the ride, I really owe you a lot!” I yelled and watched them go.

 

Now it’s time for the real deal and I have to go and hand this folder to Mr. Kim and maybe kick him in the after but before that, I have to go in first.

I checked my phone and holy chicken. I have 12 missed calls from him.

I dialed his number right away and called him back.

Before I could say anything, he began to speak.

“WHERE ARE YOU NOW! I CLEARLY TOLD YOU TO MAKE IT TWENTY MINUTES BUT AN HOUR ALREADY PASSED AND YOU ARE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! WELL IF YOU CAN’T BE HRE BEFORE MY FLIGHT, YOU’RE FIRED. HEAR ME HWANG DOHEE? F - - I - - R- - E - - D!”

“I-I’m sorry Sir but I’m already at the airport. May I know where you are right now?” I asked with a shaky voice. Ugh. Right now all I want to do is cut his head off and replace it with Hell Boy’s head because it’s more reasonable and proper for his behavior.

LIKE IT’S NOT MY FAULT HE LEFT THIS FREAKING FOLDER ON HIS DRAWER. TSS. NO WONDER WHY FANS CALL HIM GRANDPA SUHO.

“I’m at the waiting area”

“Okay, copy that sir—”

He ended the call didn’t even wait for me to finish my sentence.

I rushed inside the airport and unfortunately the airport was filled with screaming, crying and over emotional fans with long lensed cameras with them trying to recover from the earlier commotion cause by EXO’s mini airport fashion show.

“Excuse me, getting through”

And it took me 10 freaking minutes just to get to the elevator. WOW. FANS. REALLY?

“Dammit, these crazy s” I uttered in annoyance. I rushed towards the check in entrance when a guard stopped me.

“Ma’am may I see your ticket please”

OKAY. WTF. RIGHT. JUST GOT REAL. I forgot about the tickets.

I smiled at the guard and grabbed my phone to call my boss.

“WHY AREN’T YOU HERE YET?”

WTF? Does he expect me to teleport to him or something?

“Excuse me Sir, but I can’t go there for some reasons, could you get your folder here? I’m at the entrance of the check in area”

“ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?! IF I GO THERE AND GET THE FOLDER FROM YOU THE FANS WILL EAT US ALIVE!”

OUCH. CAN YOU STOP SHOUTING MISTE??!?!?!

“But—I can’t go in there without a tick—”

“JUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!”

IS HE CRAZY? YES. HE. IS. CRAZY. I. CANT. BELIEVE. I. ACCEPTED. THIS. JOB.

THIS. IS. JUST. UGH.

I HATE MY LIFE.

MY LIFE.

OFFICIALLY SAYING HOW I HATE MY LIFE.

He ended the call and I think I’m going to tear up. UGH! WHY UNIVERSE? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!?

I know I was lazy piece of but can you at least be gentle with me?!

I approached the guard and asked him if I could go in because I’ll just hand something to my boss but whatever reasons I tell him all he said was: “I’m sorry ma’am but you can’t enter beyond this point without a ticket.

I GAVE UP. WHERE WOULD I GET THE TICKET? I’M PENNILESS RIGHT NOW!

I ran around in circles and tried to think what to do with my life.

“Dohee. You have no choice but to buy a ticket to get in and deliver this to your boss”

I said to myself. I breathed in and walked towards the ticketing area.

“This is the last time I’ll be doing this. Promise Dohee-ah, just please, this will be the last time!” I said.

I struggled in the line and then grabbed my wallet, trying to check in my money is enough for a one way ticket.

I bit my lower lip. . I really don’t have enough money. I breathed in and closed my eyes.

“This one last time” I said to myself.

Finally it was my turn. I didn’t wait for the receptionist to greet me and ask me what I wanted; I directly spoke and told her I want to get a ticket to Japan for the day.

The receptionists’ lips parted and seemed surprised but then started to search for flights,

She looked up and smiled brightly.

“You’re lucky, you got the very last seat of the plane bound to leave an hour and a half from now”

She looked at me expectantly. “Oh yeah, I’ll be paying through ecard” I said and then wrote down my father’s—I mean, Mr. Hwang’s pin. I swear to the heavens this is the last time I’m gonna use it. I didn’t want him to think after all this time I’m still dependent on him.

She handed me my ticket and finally. (YES FINALLY, I’M SORRY I KEEP ON SAYING FINALLY BECAUSE THIS SEEMED TO BE A VERY VERY LONG DAY AND A VERY VERY VERY VERY TIRING ADVENTURE!)

{ End of flashback}

 

So that’s the reason why it took me so long to deliver this black folder and his now cold coffee to my boss who is furiously staring at me at the moment.

YES THIS IS HOW CRUEL LIFE TO ME IS.

I gulped. “I’m really really sorry Sir, I promise it won’t happen again” I said lowly.

He sighed, well that’s the only thing he could do now. He got the folder and his cold coffee.

He opened the folder and I watched him as he checked the paper it contained. He raised a brow at me.

I just blinked wishing to the universe I got the right folder.

I looked back at him, hopeful for a thank you or something like that.

I was surprised when he bent down and leaned closer to me and I swear he looked like he was about to kiss me but that’s funny because why would he but our nose almost touched and his eyes travelled from my forehead to my chin.

“W-what a-a-re y-you d-d-do-ing?” I can’t help but get alarmed.

I almost fainted at the sight, my knees grew weak. I can smell heaven from him. , what the am I even thinking?

He is so close and my mind started to get erted again! UGH!

Now I regret reading those fanfics on the internet! I wasn’t really a fan of fanfics but when I started stalking him, I just couldn’t get to stop myself from reading hilarious and some ty fanfics. ERR! How I regret that now!

He leaned closer and his eyes narrowing, I was about to lean away when he held my hand to stop me from leaning away.

“Y-you’re nose is sweating” he said under his breath and I swear I could taste his breathe from here.

I leaned away, my face flushed. I pulled my hand out of his hold.

  Dohee, can’t you really act like a robot? This is so embarrassing!

I wiped my nose right away.

, my heart is beating crazy fast.

“Oh, I-I’m so—sorry—I a-a-ctu-a-aally w-was r-running” I stuttered. Here goes again. Ugh.

He rolled his eyes and his expression turned back to his usual unamused face.

He stood up straight and was about to leave when a man in his forties approached us.

“Who’s that Joonmyeon?” he asked sternly, studying me. I bowed towards him.

Mr. Kim looked at me then back to the man.

“I got my secretary with me. She’s gonna be my stylist for the recording”

WHAT THE ACTUAL ? My shoulders sank and my eyes twitched.

WHAT DID HE SAY AGAIN?

COME AGAIN?

COME.

AGAIN?

My jaws dropped and then Mr. Kim looked at me with a straight face.

“Stay by side you’re coming with me”

I swear at that moment I didn’t know if that was suicide or the greatest thing I heard from my boss.

 


Author's note:

Hi there you!

So how was the story? Yeah, it's a bit long but I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. HAHAHAHA, I just can't seem to laugh at Dohee's situation always getting into ty ones. HAHAHAHA but she had a short moment with his boss which paid off her ty adventure. Hahahaha. Did you like it? 

I hope you did and I hope I didn't bore you.

Thank you for patiently reading this fanfic. I'm really really grateful because there's a gazillion of fanfics here on AFF and you still chose to subscribe and read this story so for that, I'm truly grateful guys.

Saranghae :-)