30

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

I slept soundly that night and I didn’t even remember what happened like—seriously what happened? Pff. Like the rejection was a big deal?

Ew? Over my dead body—and so what if he rejected the offer? Like I care? Pff.

That would be way so ridiculous—like really—trust me—that is so, so immature

 

 

            { Flashback }

 “Uhh….Barbie, where did your table manners go?”

Jaehwan looked at me unbelievably as I try to devour a long slice of pizza and corndog in one go and not to mentions it’s 1:45 in the morning. I just ignored him, stuffing my mouth with food. I moaned in delight—these are ing good. Nom.

Nommmmmmmm.

“Can you please slow down? You’re looking like a hyena!” he hissed and wiped the cheese stains on the sides of my mouth with a paper napkin. I rolled my eyes and made a face at him.

“I was called a hippo yesterday and now you call me a hyena! I hate you and not to mention you called me a pig before!” I hissed back, my mouth still full and rolled my eyes. Jaehwan looked at me disapprovingly, his eyes were soggy but I don’t care. Pff. These pizza and corndog is better than any dinner you could ever eat in your whole life!

“At least don’t talk when your mouth is full!” he scolded and then drank his can of cold cappuccino. I made a face again and continued eating.

This was the only thing I thought of since I can’t seem to fall asleep because I was always getting distracted about Mr. Kim’s rejection. ASIH! Now I remembered it again!

I called him a while ago and I’m really thankful Jaehwan picked up, although he sounded like he just woke up from a good sleep, he still answered the phone and drove by the sauna to drive me into a 24 hour convenience shop. Geez, I didn’t know these stores will come in handy one day. I didn’t know they had ready to go pizza slices and corndogs! WOW!

I initially invited Ahjumma to have dinner with me but she said she already ate and told me we could do it next time—so I’m left with Jaehwan.

I was just in my hoodies and pajamas, with my fluffy rabbit slippers but I didn’t care I needed distraction and also I wanted to treat Jaehwan—he deserves it for always putting up with my pig slash hyena slash state. I love Jaehwan… he’s my forever keepsake.

“If you keep eating like that I think I’m probably flying to Germany by tomorrow”

I almost choked. I looked at him in shock, my eyes started to water and I began to feel so afraid and angry.

“Y-you can’t do that!” I yelled at him and then started to cry, my mouth opened and the food I was chewing started to show.

Jaehwan looked alarmed and then sat beside me, putting his arm around my shoulders.

“Everyone is leaving me and now you’ll also leave me? I’ve had enough rejection already—huhuhuh and all I ever wanted was dinner!? Is that so much to ask?!” I continued crying. I heard him laugh, Aish, I wanted to kick his eyes right now! Does he know how much it hurts?!

 “I-I was just kidding Barbie” he said and started to wipe my tears with paper napkins. “I hate you!” I punched his arm and he grimaced but then pulled my face to face him. “I know” and then pushed my chin up so that my mouth will be closed again. “The feeling is mutual”

I continued to sob.

“What’s with the drama anyways?” he asked, crossing his legs as wrapped his arm around my shoulder and rubbed the side of my arm with his thumb.

“Nothing!” I exclaimed, pushing him and then I wiped my tears. “Woah, why are you so emotional right now?” he asked and went back to his seat, across me.

“I am Hwang Dohee! Nobody ever rejects my offer?! Now why would you reject my offer?” I cried, talking to my pizza slice.

“What are you talking about?”

I just glared at him.

“Are you having your period?”

“Yah! I’m a plant, plants don’t have periods!”

He laughed, I stepped on his feet under the table and he cried in pain. “Aish!”

I continued eating my pizza and corndog and didn’t mind him. “You should probably live with Joon in Jeju! I hope you two will be eaten by a T-rex” I mumbled.

Jaehwan nodded his head and then gave me a oooh-so-that-is-why-you-are-so-emo-right-now kind of look

“ He’s back” he said and rested his elbow on the table.

“R-really?” I almost jumped off my seat but then swiftly changed my expression and sat back down.

“Whatever, like I care?” I rolled my eyes.

Tss. Like you really care” Jaehwan shot and kicked my leg. What the no one kicks my leg you piece of !

I kicked him back and he kicked me back and I kicked him back again  and a five-minute kicking series happened and we only stopped when one of the staff went near us and asked what the problem was.

We stopped kicking but our eyes were doing the job this time, sending death glares and red laser light just like that of Cyclops.

“Uh…” the lady sounded so confused right now and can’t help looking at us with a very worried and confused expression.

“Don’t worry were just trying to talk things out here” I said, still not breaking eye contact, trying to burn Jaehwan with my stare. Oh, I can see his head smoking…WAAAAA! BURN !

“You can go now, there’s no need to worry about us” Jaehwan added narrowing his eyes for better red laser light stabilization.

“O-o-Okay… j-ust call me when things are getting…weird” the lady said and walked off.

I made my final death glare to Jaehwan and I can imagine the red laser light dancing in circles and trying to burn him.

He did too, he glared at me more intensely and then—

Booof.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

We both laughed holding our stomachs. I gave him the last kick and made a face. “Kick me again or I’m gonna cut your !”

“Careful with your words Barbie! Since when did you learn to say things so boldly?”

“Three seconds ago” I shot and handed him a slice of pizza. Now I regret ordering five large slices of pizza and two corndogs. I’m so ing full my stomach is going to die!

“I don’t like to eat pizza at 1 in the morning so no” Jaehwan pushed my hand back. I rolled my eyes and sighed, resting my head on the table.

“Why didn’t he call me?” I asked.

“He didn’t call me either; I just knew when I met him and his girlfriend Minzi”

I sat up and looked at him, suppressing my laughter. “It’s Mina and she’s his fiancée”

“Fiance—what? How come I didn’t know about this?”

“Because you’re a piece of ”

Jaehwan’s eyes widened but before he could tell me to watch my mouth, I immediately spoke.

“Just kidding, I mean he never intended to say it to anyone—”

“Except you”

“Uh—well yeah except me but I don’t know if he has proposed already, he was planning it months ago, before he left me penniless—gosh, I hate him”

“You hate him? Or the fact that he’s marrying Mika—”

“Course not! And it’s Mina” I reacted but he held his finger up.

Or you hate the fact that he left you penniless while he’s with Mina in Jeju—am I right or am I absolutely right?”

I shot him a look and shook my head. Ridiculous.

“It’s okay if you tell me you like him Dohee, I have been friends with you ever since we met in detention, trust me, I can read your mind girl” he waved his hand and snapped his fingers like a sassy . Where the did he learn to be a sass?

“Don’t sass up on me you idiot—so what? That’s irrelevant to talk about now he’s tying a knot with some obsessed paranoid girl”

“Awww, that’s cute~ you’re jealous!” Jaehwan commented, acting dreamy and all. I hate this bastard!

“I—AM—NOT—JEALOUS!” I cried out loud and making the lady run to us from the counter.

“I-is everything okay Ma’am?” she asked nervously. I looked at her, my eyes filled with rage but then I calmed down. “Y-yes, I’m just having a hard time dealing with my pizza slices and corndogs, do you want some?” I said dryly.

She looked at me with an utter confused expression and then walked away. I sighed and turned to Jaehwan.

“Ugh”

“Joon or Me?” he asked all of a sudden. I just looked at him for a while, my mouth open and my eyes shouting are you kidding me?. This is unbelievable—he’s making me choose?! Tch, what the .

I just continued looking at him unbelievably.

5 seconds…

10 seconds…

15 seconds…

And I’m still staring.

“Ouch, the silence makes me feel so rejected right now.”

“None of you fit my qualifications” I replied and rolled my eyes.

“The fact that you both don’t photosynthesize makes you both number one on my who-not-to-marry list so please biatch” I snapped my fingers and stood up then grabbed his arm.

“Come on, I’m sleepy” I said and then grabbed my pizza slices and corndogs. I went to the counter lady and gave it to her, telling her I was so full and she could have it for late midnight snack or something because it’s such a waste to have it thrown in the garbage.

We were already outside the convenience store and walking to Jaehwan’s car when I suddenly a bus passed by with personalized sticker on it and I realized it was an EXO bus and I saw Mr. Kim’s face. That frustratingly handsome—

No! Not handsome, I mean frustratingly demonic piece of—piece of—I mean demonic piece of – of—gorilla!

I stopped for a moment, my eyes twitching, I felt angry again and I remembered what happened yesterday. (Take note this is already another day since it’s 1:00 am +)

“W-what’s the matter?—are you alright?” Jaehwan asked as I stood there like a statue in the middle of the parking lot—I wasn’t even breathing if you asked me.

I can’t bring myself to speak. T-t-That b-bastard r-rejected me?

H-he r-rejected H-hwang D-dohee?!

Pfff. Like I care? And so what if he said no? Like I was so affected?!

I sighed and narrowed my eyes; my hands turning into fists, my brows were meeting.

“Of course I’m alright, why wouldn’t I? Like it is big deal to have him for dinner or whatever, he could just eat his phone and money to death!”

I hissed in between my gritted teeth and stomped off to Jaehwan’s car. Jaehwan caught up and looked nervously at me before buckling his seatbelt. “Geez, what’s happening to you are you drunk?”

            { End of Flashback }

See?

I was so happy enjoying pizza and corndogs with Jaehwan—why would I even be bothered for just a second? Like right?

And to think of it the rest of the week was just so normal like any other day in my life.

 

 

            { Flashback }

“What’s this photo shoot for?”

“It’s for Calvin Klein”

“A-an u-underwear photo shoot?” I mentally panicked.

Jisuk shot me a look saying well-duh-what-do-you-expect-a-pajama-party?

“R-really?”

“Don’t be that bothered, they aren’t stripping, just half I guess” he shrugged and led me to an open room only separated by high curtains.

And holy mother of cows please forgive my eyes. I saw them with little or no shirt at all. Woah, wtf?

“Hi Dohee-ah!” Chanyeol greeted as one stylist fixes his hair into an after- style. Seriously, how did I even begin to describe hairstyles like that?

“H-hi Chanyeol-ssi—good morning everyone” I greeted and bowed.

Everyone greeted too but others were unable to turn their heads since they were being styled. Jisuk left to assist Minseok.

I searched for Mr. Kim and he was by the far end corner being dressed by a stylist. I gulped and prepared myself. I walked towards him and realized he was wearing low waisted-pants, an ped jacket and I could see his freaking torso shinning and calling me—wait what? No! No, it wasn’t calling me. Ugh. And his hair was pushed up more like Chanyeol’s but a bit messy and it was like screaming “I’m damn hot—deal with it”.

Oh no! Why am I even thinking about this? Erase these thoughts Dohee-ah. Erase!

Okay, Dohee-ah—breathe in—breathe out. That’s it girl.

Just act like you didn’t mind your rejection—wait what?

Yah! You really didn’t mind the rejection—what’s so big deal about it? Pff.

Why is that even bothering me? Ugh, like who cares if he said no like ew—come to think of it he’d be the last man I’ll eat dinner in that restaurant- like ever!

Goodness Dohee-ah, just put yourself together and then act like you are so happy you could die.

Ugh. I don’t care if he said no, like what the hell.

Ugh, you’re really affected are you?

No way! Oh no!

No!

No!—

“Miss Hwang?”

I was suddenly back to my senses when I heard a firm voice calling me. Oh okay so… I’m Miss Hwang today. Right.

I gulped hard and then decided to smile as widely as I could and walked towards him.

“Did you bring it?” he asked as he adjusts his pants. Oh dear no.

“I—uh” I can’t seem to focus as he tries to adjust his pants and those—ugh.

“Y-yes I brought it” I said and smiled cheekily. Okay Dohee-ah, way to go girl. You’re doing it right, just keep smiling and show him you were never bothered about his rejection.

He shot me a look, his brows meeting again. I handed him the envelope and he snatched it. I gulped and stood awkwardly in front, biting my lip and putting my hands behind.

I decided to smile. Yeah, like I was so affected with the rejection? Like ew? No, way. That would be ridiculous right? Tss. Pfff. Tch.

“Give me a pen” he demanded and I hurriedly grabbed a pen on my bag. I handed it to him. “Here you go Sir” I said, still smiling cheekily.

Tch. For your information, I was not—even for 1 second—bothered about the rejection and everything like duh why would I be so bothered over that petty thing?

Yah! Why are you calling it a petty thing asking someone out for dinner! That’s not petty!

Ugh. Mind, please stop this bull now. I’m telling you this and it’s final. You are not affected—

“I will check and taste the menu for the anniversary party tomorrow, please tell them to have three sets of menus and also, check the decorations and lightings as well as the hall—I don’t want everything to be perfect and smooth by Thursday” he instructed and handed me back the envelope.

“Okay Sir” I answered, smiling so cheekily at him.

He raised a brow and examined my face and then looked away—as usual.

“Dohee-ah!”

I turned to see Sehun approach me. “Hello bratty maks” I greeted him, a big smile plastered on my face.

“Woah, looks like you’re in a very good mood huh, what’s with that cheeky smile?” he teased and punched my lightly on the arm.

“Oh, nothing—I just figured it was a good day to show people I’m so fine and happy because I just had the best dinner last night” I replied, waving my hand off. (Please do know I’m still smiling like a piece of )

Tch. Why do I smell bitterness? Hahaha, please don’t tell me you got rejected or something” he joked and scrunched his nose as he laughed lightly.

I think I just felt my heart stop beating. W-what d-did you say?! E-excuse me?

My eyes twitched as I tried to search for words to say. I looked over at Mr. Kim who was reading something, his eyes seriously darted on the paper and then I looked back at Sehun.

“R-rejected? A-are you kidding me? W-who would reject me? For the record, I am Hwang Dohee, I’m never the one to ask people out and no one ever rejected my offers—if in any case I did”

I snapped at him, smiling sarcastically. Sehun narrowed his eyes and brought his face nearer to mine.

“Yah! I was just joking, why are you so defensive?”

“I-I’m not defensive, I was just….” I took a glance at Mr. Kim, who was hardly blinking as he was trying to continue reading (and if I’m not mistaken he was like trying to suppress a smirk or smile or I don’t know but I know he was trying to hold something— ugh, I hate him) and then back to Sehun “I was just saying! Now please excuse me, I have some work to do”

Sehun shrugged and smiled, “Okay, bye Dohee-ah”

“Bye Bratty maks”

I’m going now Sir”

I turned to Mr. Kim and bowed to him and flashed a teethy smile because I was so cool about the rejected dinner invitation like—don’t worry I’m not offended or something. “

            { End of Flashback }

 

 

 

See? It was just a normal day just like any other day. Pff. Tsss.

And it wasn’t my loss because I only ask people once in a blue moon—so clearly not my loss let’s just move on.

I was glad I was busy working on the the anniversary party of the K&k Hotels.

 

 

 

 

Probably, I should move on because I have a greater problem—it’s not like the rejection was a problem but like—ugh—anyways, let’s just settle that there is a bigger problem than that. It was picking a dress of the anniversary party on Friday.

First question: Where would I get one of those?

Second question: What is a dress?

No, I was just kidding. I know what a dress if but—like WHERE DO I GET THEM?

I know where to get them actually but—a dress? Can I go there in pajamas? Ugh. I never look good in a dress! I mean I don’t have curves and all and I never wore one since forever.

 “What is this place?”

“It’s heaven” Jaehwan replied as we entered a designer shop.

“S-seriously?” I glared at him, he just shrugged. “It is heaven because they have softer sofas compared to other stores”

I rolled my eyes and walked towards the hanged clothes while Jaehwan yawned and sat comfortably at the sofa near the dressing room. Gosh, why did I even bring him?

“Good afternoon Ma’am, may I help you with something?” a lady, wearing a bold make-up approached me—and don’t get me wrong, what I mean with bold make-up  is that you could clearly see the make-up she applied but nonetheless she looks pretty in them.

I gulped awkwardly and looked around. “U-uh” I’m not really sure what kind of dress, I was looking for.

“I’m here to find a dress….” I said and hoped that she’d get a hint that I don’t know what I was really talking about and would appreciate it if she would bring up her suggestions or something because this is freaking embarrassing.

She smiled and nodded.  “May I know what even are you wearing a dress for?”

“Uh—it’s an anniversary party and uh—if it helps, it’s going to be an evening event”

“Oh, so you need an evening dress? Wait here ma’am and I’ll bring you some of the dresses that I think would fit your perfectly” the lady said and walked away, calling the other staffs.

I nodded. “O-okay”

I glanced back at Jaehwan who was playing with his phone, his earbuds plugged on both his ears. I rolled my eyes and went to the other part of the store to look at some of the dresses.

Woah, I didn’t know these dresses exist? I think I should try some of these. I like these dresses because they’re so comfortable and cute, I love it. I started to pick some and hanged them on my arm.

After picking the dresses I went to the dressing room and tried one dress.

The first dress I tried was a long black dress with long sleeves. I excitedly hurried out and then walked towards Jaehwan. I kicked his legs, making him drop his phone on his lap in surprise. He plugged out his earbuds and his mouth hung open.

“It’s great isn’t it?”

He was still silently looking at me—from head to toe.

“Seriously…what kind of party are you attending? Halloween?” he shot sarcastically. I glared at him.

“Yah! This is really a nice dress and it fits me!” I reasoned out.

I kicked his leg and pouted and stomped back to the dressing room.

 

“How about this?”

“Dohee, you looked like an 18th century Victorian royalty”

 

“What about this?”

“You look like a maid serving in a maid café to be honest”

 

“How about this?”

“Gahd, just no—not that Dohee!” Jaehwan commented, he can’t even bring himself to look at it again. I was actually wearing a Robin Hood outfit. Please don’t judge me, to be honest, I really like the top.

 

I wanted to die right now, I never thought finding a dress is so, so, so hard. I think I now understand how much hard my mom’s life was when she was picking a dress for me on parties and special events. It was a tough life. It must have been a very, very tough life.

“Yah!” he hissed when he saw me quietly sobbing on the floor “What’s wrong with you?”

“I’m nervous” I blurted and stood up to sit beside him, slouching lazily and rested my head on his shoulder. He wiggled his shoulders, trying to take my head off it but I insisted on putting it on his shoulder.

“You should be—looking like Robin hood in a party never made anyone’s life easier.” he commented and plugged his earbuds on again.

I blew air out from my mouth and frowned. Of course, I’m just picking up a dress and I’ll end up looking like a piece of or something because you never liked any of my choices.

“And why in the world wouldu y see a Robin hood outfit as a dress? Goodness gracious Dohee…”

“I just like it!”

“Oh, really?” Jaehwan mocked, his eyes were still on his phone. I looked at him and sighed heavily. “Why do I hate you so much?”

He dropped his phone and then took off his earbuds before facing me. “I should be the one asking you that”

I made a face. He chuckled.

“Here’s your dress Barbie” he elbowed me, pointing his face on the other direction and then I turned to see the lady back with several dresses on her arms.

I stood up nervously, seeing the amount of dresses she brought. Woah, these are a lot—I only need one by the way.

“H-hi” my eyes were wide as I eye the clothes on her arms—they were nowhere near the dresses I picked. She smiled and lifted the clothes.

“Shall we try these on?” she offered and then walked towards the dressing room. I glanced over to Jaehwan, my face shouting help but he just shook his head, laughing and then pushed me to follow the lady.

It was really awkward being inside the dressing room with the lady. She was going to assist me so I had to let her in.

I looked at her and gulped and then looked around, trying to check if somebody was near—which of course was ridiculous since we were the only people inside the dressing room—but I still did it to be sure.

I gulped again and breathed out. okay this is it!

I leaned and motioned for her to come closer. She looked alarmed but she still composed herself.

“I…I…I a-actually h-have a..uh..a weird body structure, you see….b-because…I…I don’t have a-any curves or a-anything l-like that…y-you know…I t-think I was supposed to be born as a tree but in the last minute God decided to make me human so…I hope you…understand if I look weird in dresses and uh…one l-las t-thing… I h-have a-a…um…a flat c-chest…” I explained carefully, trying to make sure the lady understands because it’s better to tell her beforehand than have her shocked later right?

The lady laughed at little, and not to mention, gracefully and then leaned to me. “That’s okay! I picked the dresses that are suitable for your body!” she smiled and then picked the first dress.

 

The first dress was a dark blue cocktail with laced sleeves and I don’t know how to describe it any further but it was blue.

I don’t know but the lady was right, this dress was not so awkward with my bodybu but  I still needed Jaehwan’s not-so-expert-opinion-but-rational. And besides he’s the only one I could drag into stores like this.

I bit my lip as I went out of the dressing room. One of the ladies walked over to Jaehwan to tell him I was already out. He put his phone back inside his coat pocket and then turned to me.

He studied me with a meticulous face, his fingers rubbing his chin. Tss, I wonder what this s thinks.

Hmmmm, it’s a bit short” he commented. I know right, I bit my lip and sighed heavily.

It’s only the first dress and I don’t feel like it’s going to be a good day already—my self-confidence is already sloping down so fast. I hate this life.

I hate parties.

The second dress was a navy blue dress and it was a bit really dark. I walked out of the dressing room and Jaehwan shook his head. “Too tight”

Errr.

“How about this?” I went out with a white off-shoulder dress. Jaehwan studied me again, like he was some expert at this which I highly doubt.

Hmmm, I think you look better with black, is there a black dress like this?” he asked the lady. She nodded and then went to get it.

Ugh. This is so tiring. Thinking about the party makes me want to die instead. I hate it. So much hate it.

“Here you go” I blurted stepping out of the dressing room with the black off-shoulder dress.

hmmm, too much skin” Jaehwan said and waved off his hand. “Next dress please!”

I grew angry.

“Yah! I have been changing into a lot of dresses already and you didn’t even like one!” I yelled at him, my eyes furiously glaring at him. I stomped back to the dressing room and took the dress off.

The last dress was a black spaghetti strapped dress. One word. Holy damn. I mean two words by the way.

I like it because unlike the others, this dress falls down on the level of my knees and it’s not too tight, not too loose either. If Jaehwan still doesn’t approve, I’m really going to kick his . I’m so tired of this already.

I went out of the dressing room, my heart beating nervously. I looked at Jaehwan with a nervous expression and he looked back at me with the same expression. S-so h-he still doesn’t like it? Oh come on!

“You need a pair of shoes for that” he commented pointing towards my bare feet.

I bit my lip. “S-so what do you think” I asked him nervously, gosh, it’s so awkward asking him if I actually look good in it.

“You’re always pretty but I guess, that dress suits you the best” Jaehwan commented and then took out his phone and snapped a picture.

“Yah!” I hissed but it was too late.

“Already took it Barbie!” he stuck his tongue out and slid the phone back to his pocket.

 

 

I changed back to my trousers and shirt and then paid for the dress. Gosh, it was so expensive—ugh. I still have to buy my flowers seeds and gardening tools!

I caught up with Jaehwan who was waiting outside and we walked towards his car.

“T-that dress really looks great by the way” he commented after we drove off from the store. I rolled my eyes. “It figures, I paid a huge amount for it”

He laughed but it died too soon and it was replaced with a worried expression.

“Please be fine Dohee-ah”

“I’m already fine” I shot at him, looking out of the window.

“I hope you really are”

“Don’t worry, I am so fine!” I confidently said, turning to him.

He glanced at me and then back to the road.

“Are you sure?”

“Just don’t forget your Barbie glow in the dark watch to be sure okay?”

I just nodded.

 

 

No. I was never fine. I never thought I’d feel like this again. I these kinds of days were over—but they aren’t. Obviously.

And it makes it a lot worse when I realized my Barbie watch was nowhere to be found. I guess it was taken along with my other stuffs that night in the park! Ugh, how am I going to survive?!

I was nervously standing by the door waiting for Mr. Kim to arrive. I was with Mr. Do who looks really neat with his evening suit tonight. Gahd, I wish we could switch places right now.

I kept pulling my dress and I stood awkwardly. Surprisingly, Jaehwan brought me a pair of black stilettos with an ankle strap. It’s beautiful but sadly, I don’t know how the to walk with these long heels. I bet he bought this for a reason! Ugh. I hate him!

He’s probably laughing right now. I super hate him.

The guests were starting to arrive and walking down the red carpet posing for the photographers. I began to feel my heart beating so loud, my hands were sweaty and I keep on pulling the strands of my hair, trying to cover my face or something.

I begin to feel so shy right now. No, I guess not shy—it’s like attending this party was a really bad idea after all. I began to be so anxious. Ugh.

Everyone really looks so dashing, I feel like a super ugly cactus right now. Ugh. Can I please die now?

I gulped hard and sighed nervously. We started to bow and greet the visitors. They were all dressed well for the event and I could see familiar faces—not to mention some were young businessmen who look really handsome, some were tagging along their girlfriends and/or fiancés (and trust me, I think 90% percent of the coupes in here are results of arrangements—just trust me—I know these s) and some were single but anyways, like I care. I like plants—and nothing else. And I wouldn’t really expect people to notice me because I look like a ing half coconut tree and half cactus right now.

I looked at the door and spotted a familiar figure who just went out the car , oh no, it was Jaehwan’s dad a-and his mother. Oh no! No. No. No,

I began to panic and look at Mr. Do. “U-uh, Mr. Do, I think I’ll just go up and get the guests list and profile just in case” I reasoned and then walked as fast as I could, not even waiting for his reply.

“Y-yah! Dohee-ssi!” I heard Mr. Do called out but I continued to walk away, trying to hide my face with my hair. I was already about to enter when I almost tripped because of my heels.

Ugh. Aish. These will kill before this night ends! Trust me. Curse You Lee Jaehwan!

Aigoo” I hissed as I adjust my feet in these really high heels once again. How many million ing inches are these heels?

I walked towards the elevator and pressed 3o. I really look horrible. I can’t even bring myself to look at my reflection at the elevator door right now. I didn’t tie my hair or whatever and I asked Ahjumma to do the make-up for me. She offered that she’d accompany me to the salon but I insisted and asked her to do it. I hate the smell of the salon. Trust me—they smell so weird. I wonder why lots of girls go there every single time.

Like no offense, Ahjumma wasn’t that well acquainted with make-ups either (of course because she has a surprisingly good skin) but she did well, I had light eye shadow on, some eye liner, blush on here and there and oh gahd, I was wearing a lipstick. I hate lipsticks, they are the reason you can’t enjoy food! Sadly, Ahjumma didn’t have the flavored ones so, I had to wear the gross lipstick on my lips.

The elevator door opened and I walked inside the office in a slow pace because of these heels—ugh. To be honest, I was walking like both my feet are so far apart as I try to balance myself while walking. It’s like there’s something in between my feet and I had to walk like that all the way to the office.

I slowly opened the door and poked my head—aish, the room was dark and only the small lights were on. I slowly went to my table. Gosh, the atmosphere is so creepy.

I gulped and tried to inhale slowly and then exhaled slowly.

Calm down Dohee-ah, a five star hotel can never be haunted you know~

The room was awkwardly quiet and the air condition wasn’t on so it was a bit hot in here. Aish. Why did Mr. Kim turn it off? Jinja..

To make it a little less scary and creepy, I started to speak my thoughts out loud.

“Hmmm, where could those folders be?” I started to open the drawer in my desk and tapped my hand to feel the folder. I grabbed the folder and spoke.

“Oh…there…it…is” I said, still cautiously looking in the corner of my eyes—trying to check if someone is around or not. There wasn’t… but my heart is beating so fast I can’t uhg—I should better get out of here.

I searched for Jaehwan’s father and there he is – aish, why haven’t I noticed it before?

I then felt a gush of wind brushing off my skin.

Oh , please no ghost pranks…

I gulped and turned my head slowly trying to search if there door was open but it wasn’t. I gulped again and slowly turned to the other side and saw that there was no one.

S-so w-where could the wind c-come from?

Oh —

I nervously looked around and realized one of the glass windows were pushed up. Aish—that’s why it’s so creepy and cold in here!

I put my hand on my chest trying to calm myself down and walked nearer to the window behind Mr. Kim’s table. Aigoo, who opened this? Aish.

I slowly walked towards the window and reached for it but I can’t. Course I can’t. Tch.

I put down the folder in Mr. Kim’s table for a while and then searched for something to step on I found Mr. Kim’s swivel chair. Well, it’s not a bad idea I guess…

I pulled it out from his table and then took off my heels and climbed up. Uhhhh.

There, I touched the knob and then pulled it down. I climbed down and then pushed the swivel chair towards the other opened window and climbed up again.

“Aigoo, I’m really going to kill the person who opened this up!” I hissed and reached for the knob of the window.

“Kill who?”

I was so surprised that I took a step back as I turned to see who it was, causing the swivel chair to turn due to the weight and then I came falling down. Oh ing Dohee ! A ghost!

“WooOooOoaH” I gasped as I fell on the floor, on my . OUCH.

I swear I saw a pale man standing by the corner. Oh ing this hotel is haunted!

My hurts. Ahhh, this is a  very wrong timing!

I heard the ghost’s footstep’s walking near. I wanted to run but I can’t bring myself to stand. OH NO! NO! NO!

I closed my eyes and prayed for the footsteps to go away but instead of fading out in the silence, I could hear it louder and louder, step by step. Oh no! This is going to be the death of me!

I didn’t have the courage to open my eyes and still hoped the ghost won’t kill me.

The footsteps stopped and then I slowly opened my eyes, slowly, slowly and then

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I shouted when I saw a pale face looking down at me then grabbed my hair to cover my face. “GHOOOSSSSS—”

But before I could even stop screaming the ghosts covered my mouth with his hand. The place was really dark and all I could see was his very pale face and the ghost looks so tired like he has been dead for five hundred centuries holy !

“Yah! What are you doing?!”

T-the ghost had Mr. Kim’s voice. Omo! Omo! He’s also a doppelganger? Is he? OH no!

I tried to move my head but the ghost’s grip was so tight. “P-please don’t kill me, I’m innocent!”

I tried to shout even though my mouth was still covered.

The ghost hissed in annoyance and pulled his hand from my mouth and then stood up turning Mr. Kim’s table lamp.

“P-please don’t kill me!!!” I cried, my eyes were closed and I felt really scared.

“Miss Hwang!” It was Mr. Kim’s angry voice.

I opened my eyes and realized it was Mr. Kim—b-but h-his face is s-so pale…w-why? And he has dark bags under his eyes. His tie was still undone and he still wasn’t wearing his coat.

My eyes widened in surprise and I stood up right away—oh I look like a mess now. .

“What are you doing?!” he exclaimed in anger and eyed me. I gulped hard.

“I-I was j-just…uh….t-the g-guests…w-window” I wanted to explain things but I just can’t find the right words to say.

“What were you doing up there? Are you trying to get yourself killed?!”

I shook my head. “N-nO!”

“I-I’m actually fine” I faked a cheeky smile and then I reached for my heels. Okay Dohee-ah, just get the out of here…

I bit my lip as I try to recover from embarrassment. I walked pass by him my head hanging low and I turned my head a bit to the side so that he won’t see my face. ing !

I was walking as fast as I could that I didn’t realize I bumped into the glass wall divider. The room was dark ahead because the light from Mr. Kim’s lamp wasn’t that bright so that’s why I didn’t see this coming.

Poof!

“Holy mother of Bonsai trees!”

My nose hurts. Oh no! Not my nose! My nose is the only thing I consider good in my face!

I heard Mr. Kim react behind me. I didn’t know if he was laughing or he was so 300% done with me. I gulped and tried to recover from the that I have always been. I rubbed my nose and tried to push my hair away from my face.

I heard Mr. Kim walk pass by me and then the lights were on and then my lip mark on the glass divider. “Oh ” I cursed lowly and wiped it frantically.

“Miss Hwang, if you’re trying to kill yourself, please don’t do it in my hotel” he shot darkly.

Oh no, you just didn’t mess up right now! Hurry, wipe it before he transforms into his real devil self. HUHUHUHUHUHU

I decided not to look at Mr. Kim even though I could see him in the corner of my eyes. The lipstick stain was completely wiped.

Mr. Kim’s face looked so annoyed right now, his brows were meeting again but his eyes weren’t as angry as his brows because they looked tired.

I gulped and turned away from the glass divider and went for the door when he called me.

I stopped and my body froze. I slowly turned around, my head hanging low. “Y-yes S-sir?”

“Are the guests arriving already?” he asked. I slowly looked up at him and saw him fixing his tie in front of the wall slash mirror. I nodded, even if he wasn’t looking. “Y-yes Sir” I bit my lip and realized my feet was starting to get cold because I was barefoot.

I dropped my heels on the floor and decided to wear them. He continued to put on his coat and his hair with his fingers. Oh my goodness—h-how can he look so damn hot—oh no! not again Dohee-ah! Not again.

Erase those thoughts. Just erase them for goodness sakes.

His hair was a bit messy but nonetheless, he styled it like how he was usually styled. After he was done, he buttoned his coat and fixed his tie—checking himself once again and breathed heavily.

Goodness, I really can’t believe what I’m seeing right now—he looks so handsome—

No, I didn’t mean that! I could not believe my eyes because…because…

Thump. Thump. Thump.

“Any problem Miss Hwang?”

I gulped and realized I have been staring too much again. “N-no, I-I’ve g-got no problem S-s-Sir” I answered and then turned around and went outside.

I stopped after walking a few steps away from the hallway and tried to relax my mind. Aigoo, what’s happening to me?!

I slapped my forehead for being so dumb when I heard the door open from behind. I gulped and bit my lip. I decided not to look back and walked as fast as I could towards the elevator.

But my effort of not being around Mr. Kim was such a waste. He caught up with me while I was waiting for the elevator door to open. I just bowed my head and pretended I was a coconut tree for real because this is fcking awkward.

Mr. Kim didn’t also mind my presence. I could hear him talking to himself like an idiot. I secretly took a glance and caught him practicing his speech for later. Tss, he looks like an idiot right now. I’m glad about it but apart from looking like an idiot, he looked nervous and tired.

I was about to turn when caught me looking. I looked away directly and gulped. Ooops, oh no!

Ting.

Thankfully the elevator door opened and I rushed inside not waiting for another moment (not to mention I’m still walking awkwardly with these heels!)

The elevator door closed and I was standing on the other corner of the elevator while he was in the middle—still murmuring things to himself. I pushed the ground floor button but he pushed the car park button.

W-why is he going to the car park? Like for your info mister, you are the one hosting this party.

I guess this even more awkward than just standing silently inside the elevator.

Before I even knew it I was pulling my dress again, I always do this when I get nervous especially when my self-esteem suffers.

“By the way, please try to update Kang Baro about the security condition around the place and tell him to report to me” he snapped out of his practice and turned to me. I stood stiff and nodded. “Y-yes Sir”

He sighed and then fell quiet. He wasn’t talking to himself anymore but he was stretching his neck, adjusting his tie from time to time. He seems really nervous.

It’s not like it’s a contest or something, why is he so nervous?

I looked up to see where we’re at and saw that we were already down at the 12th floor. I gulped and waited impatiently when my eyes landed at the back of Mr. Kim’s coat. It was creased up because it didn’t fall smoothly, causing the end to be folded.

I gulped and decided to speak about it. “U-uh, S-sir, y-your c-coat is folded at the back”

He looked at me, raising his brows and then rolling his eyes to check it. He twisted his body a little and finally managed to fix his coat.

I decided to just look away and settle my eyes in the elevator door, wishing for it to open soon. And once again, I saw my reflection together with Mr. Kim.

A-and h-he wasn’t drunk this time but he wasn’t amused too— just his usual bossy façade.

I looked away before I get caught again and right on cue he spoke.

“Make sure that everything is under control; make sure the ushers and usherettes are doing their jobs”

“O-okay S-sir, a-anything else?”

I asked and pressed my lips as I looked up at the lighted numbers. We’re down on the 3rd floor already. Thank goodness!

I inhaled deeply, anticipating the elevator sound when Mr. Kim turned to me, his expression was so serious and concentrated.

“And one thing Miss Hwang”

“Hmmm?” I looked at him and then he surprisingly took a step forward and reached his hand out—causing me to freeze. What the is he doing?

Then I felt his hand comb my hair slowly and then tugged it behind my ear.

W-w-What t-the t-he…

Ting.

And the elevator door opened and so did my mouth. I can’t move a muscle except my eye lids which was blinking too fast.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

“That’s all, you can go now” he said and looked away.

 


Author’s note:

 

I’m sorry for updating so late and uh—if you feel like this chapter
was a bit of uhm—a loser chapter. It’s okay. You can always think
of that. Hahahaha. Tsch. Way to go for the number one denial
queen Hwang Dohee! Tss..

And thank you for waiting patiently for the updates even though
I'm a stupid piece of . THANK YOU! 
(˘⌣˘ C)

Have a good day everyone :-) 

P.S: This is still unedited, so if the grammtical errors are too much for you too handle, I apologize sincerely.