7

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

"Dohee-ah" I heard a very soft whisper, they were so enticing. I opened my eyes and saw Mr. Kim infront of me. But this time he was smiling. What is he doing in here? At this time?

"Yah! Why are you here?!" I can't help but be afraid and leaned away. He just smiled like an angel and brought out a chocolate pie, then a giant chocolate shake out of nowhere. Geez, I guess this guy might be a food ninja or something.

"I made it all for you" he said and showed another food out. What the hell did just happen? Why is he suddenly in here? And oh, so he cooks.  Woah. I'm impressed.

"Are all these for me?" I asked as my mouth begins to water. He just nodded and smiled like an angel again. Wow, he's so handsome and cute and wait a minute, where is that sound coming from?

Then I woke up. Shame, it was only a dream. Am I really that hungry? I guess so. I rubbed my eyes to see clearly then looked to my left where the noise came from and saw boys crowding over my stuff. OH ! Oh no! Thieves!

"Yah! What are you doing?!" I yelled and they were all startled then they started to run along with my things.
They brought with them my box. Can this life get any better?

"YAH!!!! GET BACK HERE! THOSE ARE MY STUFFS! YAH!!!" I ran after them and realized I have to go back for my luggage before somebody else steals it. After I got my luggage they were all so ahead of me.

"YAH THIEVES!"

"YAH! STOP RIGHT THERE!"

"PUNKS!"

"DUMBS!"

"HAVE MERCY ON ME!"

"JEBAL!"

"HOW COME YOU CAN RUN SO FAST!"

"YAH!"

"YAH!"

"HAVE MERCY ON ME!"

"IN THE NAME OF LOVE PLEASE STOP!"

"IN THE NAME OF HWANG DOHEE PLEASE STOP!"

"POWERE RANGERS HELP ME PLEASE!"

"BATMAN! SUPERMAN! ALL THE ANGELS AND SAINTS I'M CALLING OUT TO YOU HELP ME!"

"AISH! YAH! YOU PUNKS! STOP RIGHT THERE! I DEMAND YOU!"

"YAH!"

"PLEASE HELP ME!"

"THIEEE--"

Then I heard a loud screech somewhere near and when I turned, I was blinded by a light. I guess it was a light from heaven because it was so bright that it was impossible to see with my eyes open. Then something bumped me that made me fall down.

I think the gods have heard me after all. I begin to see an angel coming towards me. 

"Miss are you okay?" he put his hands around my shoulders to support my balance.

"Angel~~~" I uttered in the sofest way, I think I just lost all my strength from running.

"Angel?" he asked in a confused tone

"Yeah~~ is this heaven already?" 

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm -" then I started to feel a little pain on my . Maybe it was because of the impact. "I'm not really sure" I tried to open my eyes widely and then the worst living creature was standing in front of me. Mr. Kim Joomyeon. The heartless prick who just fired me this morning. What the heck!

"YAH~!" I stood right away and broke away from his grip. I pointed at him furiously. "YOU EVIL PRICK! HOW DARE YOU FIRE ME--"

Before I could finish off my sentence he covered my mouth and brought me towards the side of the road. "Miss, why are you shouting?!" he whispered angrily in order to not get attention. He looked around while I try to break free from his surprisingly strong arms.

"PLEASE GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY MOUTH!" I tried to shout with all my might while his hands were trying its best to cover my mouth. "CAN YOU JUST PLEASE SHUT YOUR MOUTH UP!" he yelled back in annoyance, his hands still sealing my mouth. I tried to slap his hands and and arms so that I can finally talk.

Finally, I think I just hurt him, now, my mouth is free again!

"HOW DARE YOU FIRE ME! YOU EVIL PRICK! SON OF HITLER! SOULESS HUMAN BEING!"

"Can - you - just - SHUT YOUR FREAKING MOUTH UP! Are you really trying to make a scandal in the middle of the road?!" he said and gripped my arms.

"I'M NOT GOING TO SHUT UP UNLESS YOU--"

"Unless what?"

"UNLESS YOU HIRE ME BACK AGAIN!"

"Hire you what? Are you kiddi--"

"OR ELSE I'M GOING TO SHOUT AT THE MIDDLE OF THIS NIGHT ON TOP OF MY LUNGS THAT YOU TRIED TO HIT ME WITH YOUR CAR BECAUSE YOU ARE A DEVIL--"

"Okay, okay" he said and then got behind me and covered my mouth when he heard a few strangers not far away going to our direction. Both his arms were wrapped around me and his palms were ontop of each other as they try to cover my mouth. He pulled me towards him and then I could feel his breath on my shoulders.

Okay, now what the fudge is going on? Just a while ago I almost got hit by his car and now he's doing weird things to me.

I stopped breathing and waited for him to release me. After the strangers passed by he let go of me and breathed deeply. I was left frozen and my eyes started to blink so fast.

He walked towards his car and opened it, before he finally gets in, he stared at me for the very last time. It was a stare that I will never forget for the rest of my life. "Don't be late tomorrow" then he finally went in, started the car and drove so fast.

"O-okay"

I couldn't forget that stare because for a second, for a split second, I forgot that I almost could've died, that I had the worst day because I got kicked out from my apartment, some of my things got stolen and I was fired. 

He seems to be an angel or I don't know, maybe it's just me or maybe because I'm too hungry. I think I'm just hungry. I breathed deeply and walked towards a bus stop. I might be safer there than in the park bench. "You're just hungry Dohee" I said to my self and looked up at the sky while I walked and dragged my luggage. When will the odds be ever in my favor?

 

 

"Dohee! There you are!" 

As of now, I'm not in a good condition to turn my body because I've got a hard time putting back my heels. I looked up and saw Mr. Do panting.

"Oh, Mr. Do!" I stood up directly as soon as I fixed my shoes and gave him a bow. "He's furiously looking for you in the--"

"MR. DO IS SHE HERE YET?!"

Mr. Do and I both turned our heads towards his door. I started to shake and Mr. Do grabbed me by the hand and we both walked towards Mr. Kim's office. "What took you so long?"

Well, okay what took me so long? 

Well here's the story. Yesterday was the worst day of my life. So far. Yes. After every ty thing that happened I found myself walking towards the bus stop when I figured I could go to a sauna and stay the night there. So I went on searching and finally saw one after an hour of walking the streets of Gangnam. I had no money left so I had no choice but to work for them part time in exchange for an overnight. So I was late because I had to set up the different spa rooms in the sauna. Now, my body really hurts and my eyes feel like the heaviest thing on earth. 

"It's a long story" I bit my lips and smiled forcefully at Mr. Do who submits to my answer then rolled his eyes. We both entered Mr. Kim's office and I saw him in sitting in his throne while encoding something on his computer.

"I remember clearly that I told you don't be late" he glared at me, like I was a high school gangster that didn't know any better. I bit my lips and looked down. "I'm sorry" 

I heard him sigh. "Do I have meetings for next week?" he asked. I looked back at him whose eyes where planted forever on the screen. I can't answer because honestly, I DON'T KNOW. I know I'm screwed. Ugh. 

Mr. Do elbowed me and whispered for me to answer but I really don't know anything about his schedule.  just got real. Dohee, why didn't you even bother to study his schedules. I hate myself. I really want to punch my face right on the spot.

"I'm still not sure Mr. Ki---"

"Then check it again" he answered coldly, eyes still on the screen, hands encoding something.

Mr. Do sighed, "Mr. Kim, please do allow me to borrow her because I think she still doesn't know how this thing works. As far as I can remember, you are free next week" Mr. Do  said and dragged me out.

"Ouch" I said sarcastically as Mr. Do's grip tightens by the distance. Then he let go of me once we were in a safe distance away from Mr. Kim's door.

"I'm only going to say these things once. PLEASE DO LISTEN DOHEE." he begged . "Your LIFE depends on this" he put emphasis on life which I know means serious stuff.

"Sir yes Sir!" I said enthusiastically. There's no time for weakness and laziness. I have to give all my energy and prove to that Kim Prick I'm worth this job.

Mr. Do rolled his eyes and started to drag me all over the office.

 

First we went to down to the very first floor and to the receptionist.

"First you have to check if there are any mails, messages and other things that are left for Mr. Kim in the counter and also if there were calls and important matters that involves him"

I listened carefully and nodded to every word Mr. Do says. This is serious business Dohee-ah and this makes me feel like I'm an agent or something.

Second, we went to the office of all the employees of the hotel. He introduced me to a few because the other employees were busy working.

I greeted everyone enthusiastically but all they could give me was a slight smile and then they were back to their work. Geez, I think his employees are becoming just like him. 

Third, he showed me the control room, where there were a lot of television showing the different parts of the hotels where cctv cameras were installed. It sure quite looks like a television store. Also, Mr. Do showed me the map of the hotel, then he handed me a bundle of folders.

"What are these?" Why on earth are these so heavy? What kind of paper do they use here?

"Study those, if I'm going to explain all those things to you, it would take us forever."

"Oh" was the only answer I could give and re-examined the folders.

He also explained to me all the things I should do in different situations until I didn't notice it, we already arrived back at the 30th floor. Mr. Do accompanied me to my table and showed everything I should, he showed me the folders, taught me how to answer the telephone, even thought I'm pretty sure he does but for the sake of  proper education. He was supposed to teach me more things when Mr. Kim called for us.

"Aren't you done yet? It has been 5 years. Now can we please go back to work"

I stood up and both me and Mr. Do answered in chorus. "Yes Sir"

Before Mr. Do could go out he wished me luck and I think I really needed that because it started to get as hot as hell inside this devil's cave.

"The Cha's just called me a while ago, they are setting a VIP after party for the Seoul Autumn Fashion show, please check the schedules for our reception areas"

"Yes sir"

"And also, book me a ticket to Japan for next week"

"Yes sir"

Oh no, here comes the tsunami of orders. Dohee-ah, may your soul rest in peace! AJA FIGHTING!

"And also-- I need my coffee"

"Yes sir, black coffee without creamer coming up!" I smiled at him and walked my way across the room and towards the kitchen.

Here you go Dohee, this is your chance. You can do this aja fighting!

I opened the cupboard and got some coffee beans and set the coffee maker. Before I could put them in, I stretched my neck and my fingers. This is it. Hwang Dohee fighting!

And my official very first day of job started.

 


 

Author's note:

I'm sorry I updated late because I was too lazy. And also, yey, she got her job back! :-) Hahahahahaha

Please do watch out for the next chapters because yes, there will be a lot of things going on :-) And also, thank you for reading this fanfic with all its imperfections and boring aura. THANK YOU! KAMSAHAMNIDA~~