28

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

I gulped seeing my screen filled with missed calls and text messages and emails. I’m so dead. I bit my lip as I nervously glanced at Jiyeon who was talking to the maids.

It was already five o’clock when they have finished cleaning up the house and we just arrived from the grocery store.

Should I call him back? Ugh. But I wouldn’t even know what to say.

So decided to just check his messages and the emails.

“Is everything okay?” Jiyeon asked, interrupting me from scanning the rest of the emails. I looked up at her and smiled nervously. “I-it’s Mr. Kim…”

Tss. Don’t worry about that, I got your back!” she patted my back and then tugged my arm. We went inside the house—bringing along with us the grocery bags.

“It’s okay, thank you for cleaning Joonmyeon’s house, we can take it from here—please prepare for the children’s dinner when you return home” she told the maids and then they went out.

 

“He’s always mad and he’ll never calm down, so don’t bother making an effort to lighten him up” she said, while putting the stuff we bought on the cupboard. I took a glance at her and then stuffed the fridge with meat, fruits and vegetables.

“He might be here in a few minutes; could you prepare his bath? I’ll just answer this call.” He flashed her phone, which was ringing at the moment.

“Okay” I replied and then closed the fridge after piling the food containers inside the fridge.

 

I went up and gulped nervously as I entered his room. WOooOAaaH.

Hands up—his room is so beautiful and big—I mean for one person, it’s really big. The roof of his room had glass on it—maybe so he could see the stars at night. Nicely planned—impressive.

His walls were glass except for the wall where the door was installed. I opened the curtains out of curiosity and saw that there was a door leading to a veranda. I went out and saw that he had a good view of the thick forest ahead and then when you look down, you’ll have a really good view of the garden. I could see the whole area of the garden in here. It’s ing beautiful. I’d probably buy this house if I had the money.

I started to think about my plans for the garden. I think it’s good to plant herbs on that side close to the kitchen since its practical and then maybe plant flowering plants on the others side. Omigat! This is so exciting! I can’t wait!

I smiled cheekily and took one last look down at the garden and went back inside to set his bath. I went inside his personal bath and—what do you expect? Well, my jaws dropped. It was beautiful actually. I was having a good time looking at each detail when I saw my face in the mirror and realized how ugly I look. Ugh. This is so frustrating. I rolled my eyes and then blew air up on my forehead. Whatever.

I prepared his towel on the counter top and then set the water temperature to mild warm. I opened his closet and realized it was a walk in closet. Rich .

It was funny because he had a vanity mirror in between his clothes racks and transparent glass drawers but whatever, like I care. All his clothes, shoes, bags, accessories and—uhmm—coughs—well this is awkward but whatever—his—uhm—please help me say this—underwear—ugh—yeah that one, is neatly organized by colors and sizes and oh—wait a minute. I spotted a red color over his underwear drawer. What could it be?

Should I take a look?

Yah! The last time I checked you were his secretary not a erted person!

But I’m just curious what it could be—

Can you just go on with your job and—

Oh no you just didn’t do that!

It was too late because I was already touching the red cloth. I grabbed it and then realized it was a Spiderman boxer. Bwa? Hahahahahaha. I secretly giggled and searched for other boxers. I pulled his underwear drawer and saw other animated boxers—he had a green boxer, it was green lantern, then he had blue, it was superman and then he had yellow one—what superhero would it be? It turned out to be one of those minions in despicable me. I thought I was the only one wearing children’s undergarments! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There was also an iron man boxer and a polka dot or cow boxer. What the –

I closed the underwear drawer and then decided to open the drawer beneath it and I found socks in different colors. There were polka dots, plain black, plain white and then there were Suho socks. Omg, I think I’m going to vomit. What a narcissistic brat!

He freaking wears his own socks! Omigat, I can’t believe my eyes right now! Bwahaha

Like who wears their faces on their feet?

WHO?

Kim ing Joonmyeon everybody! Bwahahaha….

I took out my phone and took a picture of his Suho socks. Tsss. Now I have a new weapon over him! Bwahahahahaha….

After my adventure inside his walk in closet, I grabbed a black cotton shirt and then black sweatpants from the shelf on one side and laid it beside the towel. I didn’t bother getting his underwear—I think he has hands to get them himself and I think it is better that way so he’ll never find out that I knew about his comic hero boxers. After I finished preparing his bath, I went out and then my eyes caught picture frames displayed on one corner. One of the big picture frames held their family picture; he was still a small kid, together with Jiyeon, Jaejoon and his parents. The other picture frame was showing him, in his fencing uniform and sword. Serisously? Kim Joonmyeon knows this ?

I was giggling by myself upon seeing some pictures of him frowning. Hahaha, I wonder how he managed to survive life with those eyebrows always meeting.

One picture of him was together with his mother, he was frowning while sitting on her lap, with a lot of chocolate smudges on his face. It looks like the dark master of magic just turned him down and threw him on the mud. Waaah, what a pity.

I went down after looking at the picture frames and helped Jiyeon back at the kitchen. She was cooking instant ramen. I wanted to laugh at the sight.

“Before you judge me these are baked ramen noodles. This is healthy” she said defensively before I could say a thing, maybe she also found her self funny too. I just smiled. “It’s okay, they are my favorite” I said and went near to her. It made me think of Joon’s ramen. His were really good.

“Maeri called and she was having problems with her tutu, can I leave you to finish this off for me?”

She said, putting down the ladle on the plate. I looked at her nervously, my eyes blinking awkwardly. I’m actually unsure what to do. I mean I know how to cook but I-I’m not really sure if this is a good idea, me alone in here while waiting for my boss to eat it me up and throw me back to my cave.

I gulped. “Uh-yeah” I replied with fear in my voice but she didn’t seem to get the hint. Argh.  I hate my life.

“You’ll be okay, don’t forget about the things I told you earlier okay?”

I nodded. “O-okay”

“Thanks Dohee-ah for doing this! I’m really grateful!” she hugged me tightly for three seconds, but I just froze because I’m an awkward and then she ran to get her coat. I followed her towards the door and I started to be nervous.

“Tell him to call me when he comes home! Bye Dohee!” she said and waved and went inside her car. I waved back and watched her drive away.

After her car was out of sight, I went inside with less enthusiasm this time. It was better if Jiyeon was around.

 

 

I tied the apron's ribbon behind my bacl and then continued to cook the ramen, putting the other ingredients on it— egg, vegetables and then the seasonings. Well thanks to duck alligates, I have secondhand knowledge about this .

After a few minutes, I turned off the heat and then opened the lid of the casserole. I took a fork and tried the ramen only to have my tongue burned.

“Mother fu—” I cursed out loud as I jump everywhere fanning my tongue. Aigoo. Why am I so impatient when it comes to food? Now I got to taste my own ing medicine. Err.

I hate it when I burn my tongue.

I set the table. Placing the plate and then the bowl and then the chopsticks and oh, before I forget, the glass. I placed the ramen at the center of the table and smiled satisfyingly as I look at how well I prepared the table. I put the cover of the casserole back to keep its warmth.

Tch. Let’s see who he just fired now huh? Mwahahahahaha…

 While waiting, I sat on table and stared at the ramen for a while. Hmmm, it smells good.

Argh. I’m starving.

No Dohee, that food is for your boss. You can eat when you arrive at the sauna.

But, I’m really hungry….

Can you just please relax your stomach right now?

You are becoming a pig…

Yah! I’m not a pig! I’m really hungry… huhuhu

I rested my head on the table, staring at the smoking hot ramen in front of me. The smell is so enticing I could eat this in just one go. Err, how I wish I was cooking this for myself…

Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding.

 

I sat up nervously, hearing that the passcode of the entrance door was being entered. I felt my throat drying. What should I do?

Should I meet him in the hallway?

But I would look like a desperate wife waiting for his husband from work.

Yuck, why would I be thinking like that?

I can’t even imagine my life being a wife of that idiot. NEVER.

But you can’t really conclude that, nothing is impossible.

Yuck, even now I can see myself married to plants so don’t worry.

But what if?

Can you just please stick with the idea that I’ll end up being married to plants? Because that freaking idea that my evil boss is my husband gives me chills and a heart attack.

Okay?

Okay…whatever you say but you know.. just what if—

No! I’ll marry plants and that’s final! No what ifs!

Just relax Dohee. You can do this.

“Kim Jiyeon?” It was Mr. Kim’s voice. Omg, prepare for battle. Oh . I didn’t know it was this scary.

I gulped and stood up and dragged my feet towards the entrance. I saw him changing into his slippers. Tch. I bit my lower lip; I realized I wasn’t wearing one. Err—this is embarrassing. Oh well.

“G-good evening Sir” I greeted and bowed.

“Where’s Jiyeon?” Woah, this brat doesn’t even know how to use formalities to his noona! Aigoo! Now I know where Maeri, Maru and Myungsoo got their manners. I just so know it.

“S-she left early because Maeri had problems with her tutu” I replied.

He raised a brow and then looked at me from head to toe. Here goes this ty routine again. I stood awkwardly in front of him. I was actually wearing an apron so it looks like I’m some kind of a chef or something—I just hope so because it’s better than looking like a fish ball vendor. Right?

He looked away and went to the living room. I followed him. “S-she said to call her if you arrived home already”

“Then call her” he shot darkly.

“I mean—you are the one to call her” I stated matter-of-factly. He glanced at me and then looked around the living room. Don’t worry I can assure you 0% dirt in here!

He sighed and looked contented with the living room’s cleanliness. He walked towards the stairs and before he took a step, I told him dinner was ready. He just stopped—not even looking back and then went up.

I walked back to the kitchen and then lifted the cover of the casserole. I poured ramen on his bowl and then poured water on his glass. I also put fruits on the table—tangerines, banana and then apples for the metabolism.

Why am I feeling so excited about all of these? Hmmm....will he like it?

Of course he will!

Why wouldn’t he?

Duh.

Whatever. He should be thankful someone made dinner for him.

Tch. Seriously. If he says about this, I’m going to pour all the ramen to his face.

After a while, he went down, his phone on his ear—maybe he was talking to Jiyeon. “And seriously? Baked ramen noodles? What am I? Ten?”

He sat down and grabbed his chopsticks. It was quite a sight to see him like an ordinary person, calling his sister, trying to joke with her or something.

“Y-yah! I’m still not so done with you Kim Jiyeon, what were you planning to make me go fat?” he laughed, playing with his chopsticks but still didn’t touch his food.

I am so surprised with what I was seeing right now. His brows weren’t meeting, his mood lightened, he was—he was s-smiling.

OMG. I CAN’T BELIEVE MY EYES RIGHT NOW

WHAT THE

IS

HE

SMILING?

OMG!

Just a while ago he was like a mad gorilla ready for battle and now—he looks like sunshine.

WTF?

Duh, he’s human so he has the ability to smile too: Reality check 101

I know but I thought—he was incapable of anything except for being angry and drunk.

But don’t mind it, he’s smiling right now—that’s what is important.

I didn’t notice that I was losing myself at the sight of him and his wide smile when he darted a look at me.  My lips parted then I stiffened. I stood straight and panicked.

What do I do?

Should I exit?

I should, I probably should.

Give him some privacy Dohee-ah, so he will give you his garden!

Yeah, I think I should do that.

I turned my heels and then went out of the dining room and then decided to drink water in the kitchen.

Grrrrrrr.

“Aish, I’m so hungry right now”

Aish, why do I always get hungry at the wrong time?

I rubbed my stomach and pouted a little. I hope he does leave some behind… I’m really hungry.

Grrrrrrr.

Aish, isn’t he done yet?

Wait, lemme take a peak.

I slowly and carefully and quietly tiptoad towards the door connecting the dining area and the kitchen and then looked at the dining table.

Argh. I pulled back in frustration. He is still eating. I puffed out air from my mouth and sat on the floor, I hugged my legs and waited in frustration not to mention, that I’m ing hungry.

Grrrrrrr.

Not again? Arsh. When will he finish eating dinner?

When….

Should I take a look?

Don’t even bother asking that and look right away, maybe he’s done.

I slowly popped my head out and he was still eating….

No way…. I’m really hungry…

After waiting for another couple of minutes, I was beginning to feel really miserable.

Grrrrrrr.

Aigoo, stomach can you just please wait for a while? Can’t you see your boss is still eating—

“Is your stomach planning to have a concert for the whole night?”

What the …. He ing heard?

AGAIN?

WHY DOES HE ALWAYS HEAR THINGS?!

For once can he just be a normal human being who can’t hear stomach s? CAN HE?

CAN HE?

I stiffened and stood right away. “U-uh, I’ll just eat after you’re done” I said, while stepping out from the kitchen and into the dining room.

“Well then…I’m done” he said and placed his chopsticks down. My eyes lit up and a grateful smile formed on my lips. Finally… He stood up and grabbed his phone and went up to his room.

I hurriedly got myself a bowl and a pair of chopsticks and sat on the dining table.

“Yes, finally!” I rubbed my palms together, my lips sticking out and my eyes were looking hungrily at the….the….wait… where’s the ramen?

My whole world stopped when I saw there weren’t any left on the casserole. What the actual ? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ARGHHHHHHH!

I closed my eyes slowly, trying to calm my ing angry and hungry nerves. Argh!

I hate you Kim Joonmyeon!

you! Ungrateful !

 

I stood up angrily and gathered all the strength I have to not kill me with a knife right now. Calm down Dohee, patience and you’ll have the flower kingdom under your control soon.

Just…breathe…that’s good…

BREATHE!

I rolled my eyes angrily and then just grabbed a tangerine on the table. Ergh!

I peeled it hurriedly and ate it furiously. You’re thankful that I can’t shout at you now because I’m being good to you so that I could have permission over your freaking garden!

ARGH!

Why did I even fall in love with your garden in the first place?!

ARGH! I hate you so much!

After eating the tangerine, I gathered the dainty plates and put them on the sink. I ing had to do the dishes for him but he never even had the heart to spare me some ramen?!

And he even told Jiyeon it was ridiculous! Argh!

I haven’t heard of him since he went up. Maybe he was taking a shower. I don’t care. He should probably drown in the bathtub. I the faucet and started to wash the bowl.

After a couple of minutes—more like ten minutes, I was finished washing the dishes and started putting it on the dish strainer.

The strainer was a bit crowded since the other plates that the maids washed a while ago was still lying there, I had to put the newly washed plates on top of the other—making it look like a tower of plates and utensils not to mention that there was a casserole and a glass pitcher on the top. I was having a hard time putting the pitcher on top since it was a bit steep but I put it anyway, I think it won’t fall right?

I was about to walk away when the glass pitcher slipped down and fell crashing on the floor.

“Oh !” I can’t help but yell, hearing its pieces shattering.

Oh !

Oh !

Oh ing !

WHAT THE DOHEE-AH?

How many times did I tell you when in doubt, ing take the pitcher on a safer ground you mother er.

Oh no, I hope he doesn’t fire me—not now—not now that I have already found heaven on Earth!

Oh ! Please no, don’t fire me!

I still have a garden to make over! NO!

I cupped my face. Oh , what do I do?

I should hurry and clean this mess before he finds out. I was about to bend down when I heard my name being called by Mr. Kim.

“Dohee?” he asked desperately panting. I looked up and saw him by the door, his dripping wet. Mother of goats.

Half of his body was exposed, his abs were ing toned. Oh . While half of his body was covered with a towel—the one I prepared for him a while ago. Water was still streaming down his body and he looked alarmed.

My mouth flew open upon the realization that he was interrupted in his bath because he heard the noise. Oh my goodness no…

I covered my eyes with my hands before I get anymore consumed by his perfection. ing hell.

“P-please don’t fire me” I pleaded and took a step back.

“D-don’t take another step!” he warned but it was too late and then I felt my feet stepping on something sharp.

Oh .

OUCH!

I fearfully looked down and realized I have stepped on the broken pieces of the glass pitcher. Oh no—no blood please. Oh !

I hate blood!

I ing fear blood!

I hate red s!!!

 “Dammit!” he exclaimed as I stood in shock and my eyes started to water. “B-blood” I said weakly and started to cry like a ing four year old.

Argh!

That’s what I hate the most about phobia and s! It ing turns me into a four year old then gets my head dizzy.

“Why are you so reckless Ms. Hwang?!”

I saw the blood starting to run from the sole of my feet to the floor. “I-I hate blood” I cried.

Oh no!

I’m dying!

NO!

I still have to plant flowers on his garden! NO!

OH KKKK.

Help me! Please don’t let me die yet!

I still have a garden to make over!

I started to cry and cover my eyes. I don’t like blood! I don’t like blood!

HUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHU—

My knees weakened and to my surprise Mr. Kim ran and carried me—coughs—bridal style—coughs—not to mention he’s still so wet—coughs—and smells like heaven—coughs and then he put me on top of the kitchen isle.

H-his abs are so toned I can’t—I think this will be the cause of my death. Oh no.

Yah! What the are you thinking of?!

Dohee can you put yourself together?!

You just cut your foot with a knife and there is blood yet you still feast on his ing torso?! Are you ing kidding me?!

Who said I was feasting on his torso?! I just accidentally laid eyes on it.

No big deal!

Yes it is!

No it’s not!

Then why are you still looking at it?!

 “Stay there” he instructed and then ran out. I didn’t have the energy to sit still since the thought of blood made me ing dizzy and dying. I laid my body on the kitchen isle beside three cookie jars.

After a few seconds, he came back running, bringing the first aid kit with him. I pushed my body and sat up. He grabbed my left foot and then raised it up so he could see the cut. He grimaced upon seeing it but then kept himself calm.

I barely see anything but his face—I was getting really dizzy and I started to sweat like a pig. I kept my eyes open but I just looked at his face, I get dizzier when I close it.

He went to the sink and then grabbed a glass and put water into it. He then ran back to the center and then poured water on my wound. Blowing air into my wound—maybe trying to make it a little less painful but it turned out to be so ticklish to be honest.

I turned my head away and closed my eyes, holding my breath and biting my lips so that I won’t scream but still I made gasps when I felt the cold water run down my feet, tears were still streaming down my face but I didn’t care—there’s blood and it hurts. Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

I hope he doesn’t fire me…

I still had to mow the grass…

I still have to plant flowers…

I still have to plant herbs….

“Ahh ahhh” I said weakly and then pulled my feet away but Mr. Kim just held it tightly and brought it to his face to see the wound clearly. “Stop moving your feet” he instructed sternly.

He stopped pouring water on my cut. I opened my eyes to see what he will be doing next and then he grabbed a clean cloth and then patted the surroundings of my cut to dry it; he was still blowing air weakly on my wound. His brows were meeting again, but they weren’t angry, they were focused this time— just like when he was back in Japan, being EXO’s Suho and not K&K Hotel’s CEO. Those were the brows he used when he was working hard—for his dream.

I gulped upon seeing his serious hard working face up close because I swear it’s one hundred thousand times better than five meters away.

Please don’t fire me…

Just please….

He shot me a glare. I looked away and blinked awkwardly. Oh , I hope he didn’t catch that.

I just pray so hard!

He then grabbed an antibiotic ointment and applied some on the wound. I gasped, upon feeling his finger on my foot. He held my feet tightly and looked at me with a can-you-please-stay-still look. Not to mention his gaze looked lethal. Huhu.

I obeyed and kept my feet still. He spread the antibiotic ointment carefully and then double checked if he still missed a spot. He didn’t.

He then grabbed a sterilized bandaged and then covered my wound, wrapping it around my feet. I didn’t know he knows this —cool.

He looked like an angel right now, not to mention that he smells just like one. I was absentmindedly still biting my lips as I continued to stare at him while fixing the bandage.

“Is it too tight?” he asked, I was startled from my mini dream and flew right back to reality. I can feel that it was still a little painful but it was better.

“N-no” I replied.

“G-good” he said and then slowly placed my foot down—hanging.

“J-just stay there, I’ll be back” he instructed and then went out.

OMG! I almost died back there!

ARGH!!!!

Stupid glass pitcher had to fall!

ERGHHH!

That was really embarrassing you know—how careless could I ing possible be? For heaven’s sake I’m freaking twenty two and by just seeing blood I ing turn into a four year  old like !

I bet Maeri would be laughing so hard right now. Ergh.

I hate thinking about it but I’m really sure. So sure.

 

I turned my head and my eyes landed on the cookie jar once again. I bit my lips, getting tempted to open the lid.

Grrrrrrrrrr

Oops, there goes the signal!

I think getting one wouldn’t hurt….

I was about to lift the cover but then I remembered something back at the grocery store.

 

       { Flashback }

Jiyeon and I arrived at the snack lane of the grocery store. I was pushing the cart while she led the way. “There! There!” she pointed excitedly.

“Hmmmm?” I responded but before I could even look at where she was pointing she began running like a kid. I hurriedly followed her pushing the cart forward.

“Cookies! Oh! Joonmyeon loves cookes! He’d really be happy when the cookie jar is filled with cookies!” she exclaimed then she grabbed a few packs from the rack. My mouth flew open noticing how much she was getting.

“Crazy huh?” she nudged and smiled. “But Joonmyeon turns into a monster when it comes to this. He doesn’t like sharing his cookie jar with us when we were young and that’s how it started, in every house, there were always three cookie jars…Jaejoong’s, mine and then his”

“Really?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, I tried to steal from his cookie jar before and he ended banning me from his room for a month! And he didn’t even talk to me! Tsss. Such a brat!” she laughed and I let out a laugh too, but it was a nervous one.

      { End of Flashback }

Oh , but I’m really hungry…

Grrrrrrr.

I think he wouldn’t notice since he still hasn’t opened it.

I finally settled on getting one big cookie and then ate it in one go so that I wouldn’t get caught. Then just after I finished swallowing it, he entered the door, now fully clothed. Good. Now I wouldn’t get distracted—wait? What? Why will I get distracted when his not fully clothed?

Yah! Dohee-ah, please have mercy on yourself, don’t you have shame or pride? Can you just please not think about those things.

Okay, okay, I’ll stop. Geez, like it’s a bid deal—

So it’s not a big deal?

YAH! That’s not what I mean!

ARGHGHGHGHG—

He walked towards the storage room and then grabbed a dustpan and a broom. I motioned to go down when he swiftly turned to me and spoke: “Stay there”

I just sat there obediently and then looked at him as he sweeps the broken pieces into the dustpan and then threw them into the garbage bin.

I bit my lip and lowered my head.

Gosh, this is so embarrassing!

Can someone please save me from this situation..

Dear ground, can you for once, eat me up?

Please?

This is so freaking embarrassing.

The floor was already clean… I think it’s safe to go down already. I pushed myself to sit straight and positioned my body, I was about to jump when I felt hands on my waist and Mr. Kim magically appear in front of me. Okay, not magically since you know—magic is not true.

“Don’t walk yet!” he said, in a nervous whisper. I stiffened and I realized my hands landed on his shoulders and he was so close—he smelled like minty toothpaste.

I gulped. H-his eyes… those brows….

He narrowed his eyes and his brows scrunching. “You ate me cookie?” he asked as his eyes fell on my lips.

WHAT THE ?! HOW DID HE—

ARGH!!!

“I…uh…was so hungry…” I reasoned, looking away; saving some ing face here y’all. He just looked at me for a while and then pushed me back to let me sit back on the kitchen aisle. Then he wiped the sides of my lips. My eyes widened and I froze for a moment.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

“When you commit a crime, make sure there isn’t any evidence left behind”

“P-please don’t fire me! Please…” I pleaded before he could walk away. He shot me a look but I still continued talking. “D-don’t worry I’ll pay for your glass pitcher, just please don’t fire me Sir” I begged.

“How can I not fire you when you are so reckless?”

I was silent and I didn’t know what to do. I just stared at him, surprised of his words because it was somehow true, how would he not fire me when I’m so ing reckless?!

I lowered my head and started to feel the lump on my throat.

But what about the garden…

The flowers…

The grass…

The plants…

The herbs….

I want butterflies to appear…..

“S-stay there, I’ll just get something” he muttered and then stomped out again. I stared down at the floor and then at left foot. But I was so excited about the garden……huhuhuhuhu

He came back and was now already wearing a black coat and my bag hanging on his shoulder. “Don’t try to walk so that it wouldn’t hurt too much” he said and then turned around—his back was finally facing me.

What the are you trying to do mister?

Do you want me to give you a ing massage?

What’s with your back?

“Climb on” he said and then took a step back, nearer to me.

“W-what?” I asked in shock.

“Just climb on” he said but didn’t wait for me. He grabbed my arms and then wrapped it around his shoulders and then waited for me to wrap my legs around his waist. I carefully climbed on his back and tightened my grip on my hands.

I can’t ing breathe and my heart is starting to beat crazy fast again and yep—there goes my stomach joining the party, dancing tango—I think I’m really hungry.

Oh !

Geeez. This is the very first ing time that a person carried me on his back except for my father. OH ! This is ing history ladies and gentlemen!

I repeat, this is ing history!

And also, this is so ing awkward, for the very first time in my life, I’m worried about my ing weight.

I gulped nervously and leaned my head away from his head. This is freaking awkward, I don’t ing know what to do. I hope I’m not that heavy… because this is ing embarrassing.

Should I rest my head on his shoulders or…

No.

No, you should not.

Erghh, why does he smell like heaven? He smells like vanilla again….

I think it’s not bad to lean my head forward but not too much right? Right.

I sniffed again and then hmmm, it’s freaking vanilla . Argh. This frustrates me, why does he smell so good while I smell like ramen? Err…

He started to lift me and then walked towards the main door. A-are we going home?…

Tsss.

Yah! You should really go home after what you did!

Do you expect him to tour you around his house because you broke a glass pitcher and got your feet cut?!

Seriously, what were you expecting?!

Yah! I wasn’t expecting anything it’s just…it’s just…

It’s just what?

NOTHING! NEVERMIND!

I shut my thoughts off from my head and just focus on what’s happening. We are finally outside the house and his car was parked a little away. I bit my lips as I feel him take a step every time.

I hope I’m not ing heavy…

I just ing hope so….

Please….

His hands were holding my legs securely and I can’t even try to imagine what the is going on anymore. Oh no.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

I just realized how I was so awkward with everything but thankfully we arrived at the car and he opened the door and slowly put me down.

“Don’t step on your left foot” he warned, so I stood only with my right leg and then raised my lef leg to prevent stepping on it.

He then carefully assisted me inside and the buckled the seatbelt for me and it was an endless swish and swash of vanilla in front of my face.

He started the engine and the radio automatically played and then we drove off, the gates automatically opened and then closed after we got through.

 

My hands were fidgeting on top of my lap. From time to time, I would glance nervously at him. Gosh, I didn’t know how embarrassing and awkward and ty this day went.

.

“Spit it out” he said on cue.

“I..I’m really sorry Mr. Kim, please don’t fire me, promise I’ll pay for the glass pitcher!” I begged looking hopefully at him.

“How many times did I tell you not to say sorry if you’re just going to do it again?” he said back coldly, his eyes on the road.

I bit my lip and sunk on my seat. I hate you!

I decided to just look outside the window to not feel so ing embarrassed and awkward right now.

I hear him clear his throat, but I just continued looking out.

“B-bback in Japan…” he spoke, trying to get his voice into a normal tone which he kind of pulled off well.

I looked back at him mindlessly. “Hmmmm?”

“W-who brought me back to my hotel room?” he asked, his lips nervously. I looked at him and my eyes wide open and my jaws dropped.

Oh ? So he didn’t remember?!

Why didn’t he remember?!

I had a ing ty time putting him under the sheets and he didn’t remember? ARGHHH!

I took a nervous glance at me and then back to the road. I gulped.

“It…was…Jisuk” I lied. I think it was better this way. Now, he wouldn’t have to think I’m a creep and really—to save me from the embarrassment that I was the one who carried him and he didn’t ing remember like WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH I APPRECIATE IT A LOT DUDE.

“J-jisuk?” he asked, trying to confirm.

I nodded, acting so casual about it. “Y-yeah” I said and looked back at him. His brows creased up. “So…who…did…you help then?” he asked.

Oh … what do I say?

Should I tell him I carried Kris? But it wouldn’t be believable since he’s too tall…

Him—right, Jongin—I think it would be so believable since he’s thin and then is a creep and I should probably ing answer him before it becomes obvious.

“J-jongin… I assisted Jongin to his hotel room” I answered and nervously glanced at him. Dohee, stop glancing at him or you’ll look like a creep!

But I was just checking if he’s totally buying it!

Mr. Kim looked at me, his brows totally was up, his forehead wrinkled. “A-are you sure?” he asks.

“Y-yes” I replied firmly.

But his eyes were still on me; his gaze was trying to penetrate on my temple. Can you just ing believe it? PLEASE? FOR ONCE?!

I looked back at him too, praying he’d look away and he did but still time to time taking a glance at me and I’m starting to get really nervous, my hands fidgeting excessively on my lap.

The atmosphere became silent again and everything was so awkward because he was taking side glances at me and I also was and it’s just ing confusing and all I could hear was the radio commentator and my heart beating weirdly.

    ….thank you for listening to Love Letters everyone and to the people who sent their letters tonight, we hope that you’re feelings have reached the persons that you wrote them for. Have a goodnight everyone, this has been Kang Seho, stay tuned again tomorrow night for another episode of heartwarming love letters from ordinary people in Seoul. And here’s the last song that we will be playing tonight….

A song started to play and I swear it just made everything five hundred million times awkward. The hell!

(click here to listen – p.s. Please listen to it so that you will really feel the atmosphere inside the car hihi)

 

I bit my lip and took a glance at him and then looked away when he took a glance at me. Oh . This is one hella awkward ride ladies and gentlemen.
And the ride went on with us just taking a glance at each other from the corner of our eyes. Awkward... 

 

 

The car slowed down and I looked up, seeing the sauna. There was a car that just pulled away from the parking space before we could finally arrive in front. Mr. Kim narrowed his eyes, looking at the car carefully. I ignored him and just unbuckled my seatbelt. Thank goodness the song ended and it was replaced with weird house music, maybe to entertain the young teenagers who goes clubbing in this time of day.

Mr. Kim hurriedly unbuckled his belt and then opened his door and then ran to my side. I opened the door and stepped my right foot on the ground when he surprisingly bent down and shoved his right arm under my legs and the other, under my back.

“W-what are you doing?” I asked nervously, surprised by the sudden contact. I mean, he just carried me right on his back a while ago but I wasn’t expecting him to ing carry me again!

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m carrying you” he answered and just ignored me. I tried to break away. “It’s really okay, I can take it from here Sir” I said, flushing. But still, he ignored me and closed the door of his car. Vanilla… gosh, he smells so good—

YAH! Dohee-ah! Why are you ing sniffing your boss?

Can you just get yourself together?!

But he really does smell like vanilla…

Yeah whatever! And it’s vanillam….according to Myungsoo…

Aish! Can you just stop with this non sense already!

“P-put me down this instant S-sir! I’m really fine”

“You always say that Miss Hwang and you end up getting yourself hurt—always” he uttered and walked me towards the Sauna’s entrance. I was speechless. And so what if I get hurt? I’m the one feeling this ing pain and not you!

He knocked at the door but no one was opening it. He knocked again and waited, but still none. He adjusted me and tried to break away again.

“S-sir you can put me down now, I can do it”

“Key” he said impatiently.

I scrunched my brow. He rolled his eyes and then spoke again. “Where’s the key?”

“O-oh, i-it’s in the bag” I replied and then opened my bag and then searched for it when I saw the screen of my phone glow. “Wait a sec” I said and then got my phone. It was a text message ahjumma.

     Dohee, I’m out for an emergency. I’ll be home late tonight.

“Ugh, she’s out” I muttered.

“I kind of figured that out earlier— key please” Mr. Kim uttered impatiently. “R-right” I said and then grabbed my key and gave it to him.

After we went in, surprisingly he kind of knew where the switch and turned it on. “Y-you can p-put me down already” I said firmly but he seemed to just ignore me. Ergh! Can you please put me down now!?

Please?!

It’s not like I cut both my feet!

“Where’s your room?” he asked. My mouth flew open and my eyes widened. “W-whhy?”

“As I told you a while ago, you should not use your feet so that it wouldn’t be so painful tomorrow” he said back and searched around the sauna.

“I-it’s at the back”

He walked to the back of the sauna and then we found ourselves on the small living room. “U-uh, you can put me down already, I can take it from here” I said

“Is that your room?” he asks and motioned to the door at the corner. , how did he know?

What the ?

What would he do?

Erghhh!

I bit my lip and nodded, looking down. He rolled his eyes and then walked towards the door. He turned the knob and then searched for the switch on the wall and switched it on.

Oh , this is ing embarrassing!

I think you know already that my room is just small you know, it used to be a storage room so… Gosh, this is so freaking embarrassing…my room is as big as his personal walk in closet. WTF.

“You should change your bandage tomorrow and try not to use your feet if it isn’t necessary” he said and then walked towards my bed. I nodded my head, showing him that I was attentively listening.

“And please, can you not get any more reckless?” he asked and then slowly put me down on my bed, letting me sit on it and then dropped my bag somewhere on my table.

“P-please don’t fire me…” I said again, worrying about the garden. He shot me a look and then sighed. “I’m letting you through this time, just this time” he uttered and stood up straight. I bit my lip and nodded, absorbing his statement.

Awww, the vanilla scent was gone again….

What the are you thinking about?

You can just go buy yourself a vanilla perfume if you want to smell it all day and you don’t have to smell it from someone else’s neck.

I looked at him, waiting for him to leave. He also looked at me; I didn’t realize he was looking at me long before I did. I saw him scrunched his brow and he started to bend down to me and then suddenly enveloped my body with his arms. His face stopped so closed from mine that I could swear, one more inch and we’re gonna ing kiss. !

Thump. Thump. Thump.

I gulped and then my lips parted because I can’t seem to move a ing muscle! Why am I always like this? Why is my body becoming so ing dysfunctional when I need them the most?! WHY?

Dohee, please move away, just please ing move away!

I could see his brows again and his eyes, they looked so curious trying to find something in my pair of dull eyes….I can’t even blink now… What the is happening?

Is he ing going to kiss me?

YAH! Why would he kiss you?

But why is his face so near, I think I’m losing my mind!

I could hear his breathing, feel his breathe, smell it—hmmm, minty toothpaste. Oh no! What is happening with me?!?

What the actual !

I was waiting for him to hug me but he didn’t, his eyes travelled from my eyes to my lips and I felt his hands trying to untie something behind me. Then he smirked, he then pushed his face to the side of my head and his mouth were so close to my ear then he whispered.

“You’re still wearing my apron….” he said and then stood up and then pulling the apron up, causing my hair to flip.

“Oh shoot” I blushed and looked away. That was ing embarrassing! I did notice I still had the apron on. kkkk.

Omfg, and all along I was thinking he was kissing me and !

I just so ing know I looked like

He rolled his eyes and hang the apron on his arm. “So when are you moving in?”

C-come again?

Did I ing hear that right?

YES YOU DID..

YAH! I WAS JUST TRYING TO CHECK BECAUSE YOU KNOW HOW DYSFUNCTIONAL YOUR SYSTEM IS BECOMING!

Did he just ask me when I’m m-moving in? WTF! LIKE SERIOUSLY?

“M-move in?”

He shot me a look and his eyes narrowed, his brows creasing up again. “For your information, I don’t intend to drive you home every night from the house you know, I’m a busy man and also—I’m not a driver”

Oh I get it—he means me moving in as his house help! I thought it was something else—

Yah! Why would you think it’s something else!?

You can’t even agree with his shadow and now you’re thinking about something else? Are you kidding me??

Are you getting delusional Dohee-ah?

Do you need psychological attention!?

YAH! Just can you please argue with yourself later! Your mouth is still open and you look lik already!

I blinked my eyes and then pressed my lips before answering. “M-maybe tomorrow” I answered, not meeting his gaze.

He shot me a look, one brow raising and then turned around and headed to the door. I just looked at him dumbfounded and ing embarrassed and I don’t know because my heart still can’t stop beating and my stomach is dancing again.

The all of a sudden the door flung open, causing me to jerk back to the edge of my bed. His head popped.

“And also, don’t pay for the glass pitcher…”

What? I-is he serisously? I-is he really letting me off with the pitcher?

“…only, play for the ointment, bandage and the cookie that you ate too” he continued and then the door closed just like that. Seriously?

you Kim Joonmyeon!!!!!!!

I furiously lay on my bed and dug my face on my pillow. What the did just happen?

I’m gonna kill that when I finally see flowers on his ing garden!

 


Special scene:

 

Joonmyeon’s eyes were on the road but he can’t help to take a glance at Dohee, who was sitting on the passenger seat side beside him.

He held the steering wheel tightly, trying to make up his thoughts and come up with a good question.

“B-bback in Japan…” he spoke, trying to get his voice into a normal tone which he kind of pulled of well but he just ended cursing inside his head. He hated stuttering and he hated asking awkward questions.

 “Hmmmm?”she turned to him. His heartbeat got faster this time. He tried to gulp and just calm himself, but he was really nervous. He kept glancing at her and finally got the question out of his tongue.

“W-who brought me back to my hotel room?” he asked, his lips nervously. He looked at Dohee who looked a bit surprised by his questions. He has been asking this question from the moment he woke up that morning after the concert. He can’t seem to remember something, but he could remember something smelling like tangerine.

 “It…was…Jisuk” she replied, Joonmyeon’s brows scrunched. J-jisuk? He looked back at her trying to check if she was telling the truth and she looked like she really was. But he found it so odd—he just got the feeling that it wasn’t Jisuk and he was so sure of it, so he asked Dohee again, maybe she just forgot…

“J-jisuk?” he asked, trying to confirm.

 “Y-yeah” she said as she looked at him. She said it so casually that Joonmyeon had no choice but to believe. B-but why do I really feel like it wasn’t Jisuk and if Jisuk helped him—who did she assist then?

“So…who…did…you help then?” he asked again

 “J-jongin… I assisted Jongin to his hotel room” she answered looking at him.

Mr. Kim looked at Dohee, his brows totally was up, his forehead wrinkled. “A-are you sure?” he asks.

“Y-yes” she replied firmly.

And right there, Joonmyeon knew Dohee was lying because Jongin wasn’t with them when they went back to the hotel, he was with Shinee and their hotel was not the same as EXO’s…

He just needed one more proof so when he had the chance to smell her hair, he did. After he put her down on her bed, he took the chance to use the apron as his disguise to smell her hair and there he knew who brought him up and tucked him to sleep that night.

Her hair smelled like tangerine…

It was Dohee, Hwang Dohee—it was her who tucked him in that night. Damn. Why can’t I remember? He desperately asked himself, closing the entrance door of the sauna and this kept himwide  awake all night.

 


Author’s note:

Hi there! Omg, so far, this is my favorite chapter—really.

I mean, you might not agree with me and you might find this update
really boring but I really like it. I just so love it and I hope you did listen
to the music so that you could feel how the atmosphere  inside the
car, hihihi, like can you imagine how awkward it was for the both of them?

And oh, yes a special scene! Specials scenes will be added on
selected chapters and will be in anyone’s point of view.

To those who waited patiently for this chapter
and read it up to the end, thank you :-)

I hope I made you laugh today... 

Have a good day!

P.S: And also, for the people who upvoted, omg, I'm so grateful, thank you a million times. :-)