1

The Devil Wears Calvin Klein

 

 

"YAH! DOHEE-AH! WAKE UP YOU LITTLE SCUMBAG! PAY YOUR RENT NOW! YOU HAVEN'T PAID SINCE LAST MONTH!" I heard Ms. Chi shout her lungs out at my door again. She kept on banging the door like a gorilla. Well she kinda look like one. You could fit two finger in her nostrils and her eyes are not really visible.

Nobody was really sure if she had eyeballs because even when she gets mad, instead of her eyes glaring at you, you feel the smoke coming out of her nose instead. She usually curls her hair up and puts on heavy make up.

Her husband, Mr. Chi, is a die hard Bruce Lee fan who, in the midst of a severe arthritis, still does his moves everytime he meets up with this mini Bruce Lee fandom in this village. 

I covered my ears with a pillow and tried hard not to mind the noise but I just can't. I gave up and rolled out of bed. I rolled my eyes and threw my pillow at the door. "Wae? You are so noisy!" I can't help but compain as I make my way to the door.

The moment I opened my, all I could see are her nostrils giving off carbon dioxide. Great, a good way to start your morning.

"Good morning, Ahjumm- Ms. Chi" I forced a smile and bowed politely. I hate her.

"YAH! YOU PUNK! YOU'RE BILLS ARE ALREADY OVERDUE! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SLEEP IN THE STREETS TONIGHT YOU BETTER PAY ME NOW!" she shouted with all her might and I think my ears are heavily damaged-- infact, I think they are bleeding right now.

I tried to keep the smile on my face. She's lucky good manners and right conduct was taught in school, if it wasn't, I would've chopped and sold it to the market.

I scratched my head a little. 

"Omo, are that new hair curlers? Wow, you look so pretty in them!" I can't see the logic why she curls her hair when she literally has more or less 100 strands of hair.

I tried to change the topic. Ms.Chi  touched her head and smiled-- feeling flatted but then it quickly faded into a pout. She then hit my head. Ouch! UGHH!

"YAH! SINCE WHEN DID YOU HAVE INTEREST IN MY BEAUTIFUL HAIR! DON'T YOU DARE CHANGE THE TOPIC DOHEE! PAY ME OR YOU'LL CAMP IN THE STREETS OF GANGNAM TONIGHT!" she shouted.

I smiled awkwardly, not knowing what excuse to say today.

"YAH! PUNK, YOU-"

Ms. Chi's daily lecture was cut when Mr. Chi interrupted.

"Yeobo, it's still early in the morning why are you shouting?"

"BECAUSE THIS RASCAL HASN'T PAID RENT YET!" She really calls me anything but any nice adjective. Like she's any better. She's like the machine gun of Korea.

"Can you just keep calm?" Mr. Chi said and patted her on the shoulder.

"Let's take a walk and have some fresh air shall we?"

"BUT THIS PUNK STILL HASN-"

"She'll pay us when she'll get her money, right Dohee?" 

"Uhhh..." I nodded half heartedly

"BUT WHEN WILL SHE HAVE MONEY?!" Ugh, this lady just can't keep her voice down.

"She'll pay at the end of the month right Dohee?"

"Uhuh" What did you say again? By the e-end of the month? I wanted to choke. That's 3 weeks from now?! Are you kidding me?!

Before I could faint, the Chi couple were nowhere to be seen. Probably now in the streets walking hand in hand like teenagers-- the tacky ones.

 

 

I rushed to my calendar. WTF? It's really three weeks away from now and I haven't got a job? What the he Wait. I ran to room and got my cellphone. I called Daesung oppa.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Oppa?" I tried to sound as pleasing as possible.

"What?" he sounded annoyed and indifferent.

"Can I borrow mo"

But before I can finish my sentence he hung up. What the hell? Aniyo! This can't be! How can I be able to pay my rent?

Aish, what kind of brother is he? Hanging up so easily with his sister! Ugh!

 

I ran through my contacts and saw Joon's name. Ahah! Joon! I shall call him!

I pressed the call button and waited for him to pick up his phone. He should better pick this up before I storm to his restaurant in this time of day.