38

Feelings

Haebin stepped out of the room, only to find Minhyuk and her father, talking.

“Hi,” She offered helplessly, Minhyuk sighed and opened his arms to her.

“Hae, its okay.” He murmured as Haebin hugged him, he rubbed her back comfortingly.

Nothing beats the comfort of a best friend’s hug.

“Everything’s going to be fine, Hae.” He murmured soothingly, Haebin pulled away from and faced her father.

“A~”

“It’s my fault, I should have seen to it that he be in jail, my daughter.”

“Abeoji, it’s not~”

“I talked with your friend…your ex-husband,”

Haebin blinked at Minhyuk.

“Now, I feel bad, no, I feel worse.”

“It’s not your fault, appa.” She said, her father just cupped her cheek.

“Luhan, your friend, will wake up, don’t lose hope.”

 

It has been a week, Haebin had resumed to her job, her employees were surprised that she had received over twenty clients in a week. She was trying to drown herself with work.

“Ma’am, the dress for Moon Chaewon~”

“I know, what time will she come?” Haebin stood up, she was dressed in a tight fitting pencil skirt and a boxy crop top.

“This afternoon, plus, mister Kang has been calling.”

She looked away. Minhyuk and Jinhee had been trying to make her come out and talk, but she had no plans to.

All she wanted to do was to check on Luhan, but even doing that bothered her. How could she face Luhan and his family now that it was her stepfather who had hurt him?

 

Haebin entered the Jung residence, she found her brother in the living room, watching TV.

“Hey, how was your day?” Daehyun asked her softly, Haebin just shook her head. She shrugged off her shoes and tossed her purse on the couch.

She sighed and sat beside Daehyun and curled herself into a ball beside him. Daehyun’s brows furrowed before wrapping one arm around her.

“Hae, you know it’s not your fault.” He murmured.

“It is.”

 

Haebin hesitated at the door, her slender fingers were on the steel knob, shaking.

“If you’re not going in there, I’m going to drag you in.” A cool voice said behind her.

She turned; Sehun was walking towards her, his hands in the pockets of his lab gown.

“Hae, it’s not your fault. If we were to blame anyone here, it’s your stepfather.”

Haebin shook her head, she let go of the knob.

“He could lose his life, Sehun. He~”

“He won’t. He’s still waiting for you.”

“Sehun-ah~”

“It’s not your fault, he just wanted to return the dress and he was missing you that why he went there.” Sehun said, he gave her a little push before opening the door to Luhan’s room.

“Now, go on in.”

 

Haebin entered the room, the blinds were open, she looked at Luhan. The bruises on his face were now healed, the cast on his arm was already removed. But he remained unmoving.

She walked towards him.

“Luhan.”

She placed her hand on top of his.

“I’m..so sorry.” She looked up to stop her tears from falling.

“I….I…”

Haebin bit her lip.

 

“Please wake up.” She said before leaning down to kiss his forehead, and then she left.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++