37

Feelings

 

Daehyun rushed in the office, only to find his sister attacking her stepfather. Three policemen were trying to stop her.

“You were the reason mom died, and now you want to kill Luhan?! Why don’t you just die first?!” She shrieked.

Daehyun grabbed her by the waist.

“I should have poisoned you when I had the chance!” She yelled again as Daehyun managed to pull her away from the already bleeding man.

“You’re destroying the perfect image you made, little girl.” He spat.

“Don’t talk to her like that!” Daehyun snapped as he managed to wrap Haebin in his arms.

“You’re her brother?”

“Yes, and she’s right. You should have been poisoned.” He spat.

 

Daehyun sighed as he stepped out of the pharmacy, Haebin was sitting outside, in a daze.

“Here.” He said as he took her hands and wiped them with sanitary tissues. Then he cleaned her fingers, her nails were bloody as she tried to claw on her stepfather’s face.

“I can’t blame the jetlag.” She said.

“You were angry. You must have kept it in for so long.” Daehyun said as he put some alcohol on her palms.

“You know oppa..when mom died…she asked me to leave him. Before that…he hurt…her a lot. I just…I was afraid to fight back. I was scared of him. And I feel so usless that I couldn’t do anything for her.” She cried.

“And now look, because of my fear, Luhan’s in the hospital, fighting for his life.”

“Hae~”

“Oppa, appa can do something right? Send him to jail…Send him away. He’s done enough damage.”

“I will fix this, don’t worry.”

 

Jinhee looked at Luhan, it had been a week. Haebin came everyday and sat with him for an hour. But he was still asleep.

“Unnie, hi.” Haebin walked in the room. Jinhee hugged the younger girl.

“He’s almost back, his health has improved so much.”

She nodded.

“Unnie, he..returned the dress that night.”

“I know.” Jinhee nodded.

“I don’t understand.” Haebin looked at her palms. Jinhee smiled.

“A few days before you left….he broke up with Jaekyung.”

Haebin’s eyes doubled in size.

“No, unnie, he~”

“He cancelled all the reservations and reasoned with his parents. He….returned the ring too.”

Haebin could only nod for her to continue.

“Do you have any idea why he did that?”

“I…guess he didn’t like the dress?” She laughed bitterly as she glanced at Luhan, her fingers brushed his lightly.

“That could be another factor.” Jinhee nodded at her.

Haebin glanced at the heart monitor beside him.

“Hae?”

“He found out.”

“About what?”

 

“He found out that he was always kind of in love with you.”
 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++