30

Feelings

“Is there something you want to talk about?” Haebin asked as they stepped out of the gates, Daehyun nodded and shook off his jacket.

“Wear this.” He said as he handed it to her, Haebin nodded and draped it around her shoulders.

“Actually…remember the first time we met?”

She nodded.

“I was .” He mused, Haebin just winced and set him a look.

“Can I ask you how much you know about…your family? I mean, if its okay.”

Haebin was silent for a brief moment.

“My father died when I was three, I don’t remember much but that was what eomma told me. Then, eomma…she followed appa a few years later after she remarried.”

Daehyun nodded, he knew of course, Haebin’s stepfather was bad news.

“Haebin…what I’m going to tell you might..be difficult to digest.” Daehyun exhaled.

“Actually, the father….you spoke of, he’s not your real father.”

Haebin paused.

“Your mother left my father when she was pregnant with you, I was only a year old that time.”

Haebin blinked and just stared at him.

“I’m….your brother.”

 

Haebin stepped in the house in a daze. She had been talking with Daehyun for almost an hour. As he talked, the weird pieces of her life started to make sense. She remembered her mother getting irritable when she asked about her father, the time when she found her cry while clutching onto a photo frame.

In fact, her parents were happily married, her father, Jung Taesun was the only son of the large Jung Corporation, due to her parents’ different social status, her mother was sent away by her grandparents.

Mr. Jung searched for his wife, but apparently she never wanted to be found.

Her brows furrowed slightly as she walked towards where the others had begun eating.

 

Luhan looked up as Haebin joined them on the table.

“Sit down, you’re the reason we’re all here.” Jinhee said, Haebin shook her head.

“Daehyun hyung?” Sehun asked.

“He’s outside, waiting. I have to go with him.” She said evenly, Minhyuk glanced at Luhan briefly.

“Wae?” Luhan asked.

“I’ll be back later.” She nodded before taking her wallet from the sidetable.

 

Sehun’s eyes narrowed as he glanced at Luhan, Minhyuk and Jinhee were staring at Haebin as she made her way towards the front door.

Luhan dropped his utensils and stood up.

 

Daehyun was leaning against his Porsche Cayenne when Haebin had stepped out from the gate.

“I’m glad you believe me, Haebin.”

She was about to walk to him when she felt a firm grip yank her back.

“Luhan,” She paused.

“Where are you going?” He asked her.

“With Daehyun, we~”

“We’re eating, where are your manners?” He almost snapped, Haebin grunted and shook her hand off her wrist.

“I already excused myself, what do you want?”

“…Kajima(Don’t go).”

“You know what Luhan, the problem here is that, I always stay. I always stay.”

“Haebin~”

“I’m going with him, you can finish your meal inside. I never asked you to come anyway.”

“What? Jung Haebin~”

 

“You’re not even my husband, why are you doing this?!” She spat before turning away from him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++