19

Feelings

“When was the last time you slept properly?” Minhyuk commented as Haebin joined him at the dining table.

“You know I have to finish the dress earlier than expected.” She replied.

“Still, going home at four a.m., then out again by seven?”

Haebin just shrugged.

“You…you never gave me a proper explanation though.”

Minhyuk looked away as Haebin looked at him.

“I don’t understand, you…waited for her. She…You two are perfect for each other.”

“Well…some things just don’t work out, Hae you know that.”

Haebin sat down and drank her milk.

“Anyway, we have a weekend thing with the guys.”

“Weekend thing?”

“Jungshin’s family is opening a resort, we should come.”

 

Haebin pulled over in front of a secluded restaurant. She slid down from her car and looked around, the walls were painted in beautiful soft greens and browns, different flowers were surrounding the place.

“Lovely Binnie!”

She winced as Luhan appeared by the entrance.

“What is this place?” She asked, Luhan warmly smiled at her and took her hand.

“It’s this place.”

“...Then, what about Jeju?”

“I plan to save time, and this place..” Luhan halted, he was facing her, his eyes questioning.

“What now?” Haebin tried to step back from him.

“Are you sick?” He asked, Haebin shook her head.

“No, Luhan~”

“You look ill.” Luhan’s brows furrowed gently pulled her chin up.

“What’s wrong, Haebin? If you’re just going to say that you’ve been staying up because of the dress, then I wont believe you. I know you too well.”

It’s because of you, you idiot.

“It’s nothing Luhan, it’s just that I have a show in a few weeks’ time and~”

“When did this start?” He mused as he wrapped one arm around her neck with a smile.

“What? The preparations for~”

“Ani, you, you’re keeping things from me.” He chuckled slightly as they walked.

“Binnie, I just want you to be healthy and okay, so whatever’s bothering you, you can tell me. I wouldn’t want~”

“I know, I know, let’s just see the place.”

Luhan nodded as he walked ahead of her.

Haebin watched as he walked, her brows furrowed slightly.

“Binnie?” He turned to her again, she smiled and followed her.

“I really did miss you though, when you were always out.” He said evenly, Haebin just smiled.

“I hope it doesn’t happen again.”

 

“Here?” Luhan pulled over in front of Galleria Department Store at Gangnam, Haebin nodded before unbuckling herself.

“I have a few things to buy.” She replied, Luhan nodded as she opened the door.

“Don’t forget to sleep, Haebin.” Luhan said in a chiding tone.

“I’ll take note of that, take care.” Haebin gave him a wave before sliding down from the car, Luhan watched as his friend entered the building.

His brows met briefly.

He noticed it.

Haebin somehow changed around him. She would tense when he would take her hand or pat her shoulder. When they were talking, she seemed detached and she was hiding from him too.

His knuckles whitened around the wheel before he sped off.

 

The staff greeted Haebin politely as she entered, she smiled back, as a designer the people from Galleria knew her well and they sometimes send her gifts at her office. She headed down to the gourmet mart below.

She was dressed in a pair of hot shorts and an oversized jersey shirt with the Balenciaga boots as she pushed the cart along the aisles.

“So, males?”

She jumped and turned behind her.

“Doctor….Jung, right?”

“Daehyun.” The male before her nodded, he was wearing a mint green sweater and jeans.

“I’m a….designer, don’t take it the wrong way.” Haebin bit her lip while mentally cursing Oh Sehun.

He chuckled slightly as he walked beside her, he was holding onto a basket filled with his groceries.

“You…live around the area?” Haebin asked.

“Sort of, you?”

“I do, did Sehun tell you anything weird about me?”

He grinned at her.

 

“Just that you see males on a daily basis. Anyway, see you around, Jung Haebin.” Daehyun gave her a wink before heading to the cashier.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++